PDA

View Full Version : AotI Rattlesnake Hunting

Sir_Satyr
Oct 22, 2008, 07:44 AM
I have searched everywhere I can think of to find out where the board for that thing drops, and I have only seen it drops on Desert Goliath S2. So I do a few missions on S2... and YES it was an S2... and all I get is a Blackbull. WTF?? Anyone know of the drop being nerfed, changed or anything else?

fay
Oct 22, 2008, 07:58 AM
cant think of why that happened unless it glitched the box where it thought it was an s run.

btw if your realy stuck on getting a rattlesnake board you could just wait to the lightning carnaval. theres gonna be loads of them about thus dropping the price on the already low priced snake.
on 360 servers i bought two of them. one for 5 mil (4/4) and the other for 6 mil (0/7 but became 4/6)

Cracka_J
Oct 22, 2008, 08:12 AM
eh...Blackbull will only drop on a rare spawn, from the big red robuts (grena bete S? can't remember...), it's not a boss box drop.

Rattlesnake, atm, will only drop from the end boxes of DGS2, so that's your only hunting spot.

fay
Oct 22, 2008, 08:29 AM
as a side note the grinna bete S robots dont spawn in that map. the rare spawn is the bugges

mvffin
Oct 22, 2008, 12:23 PM
you sure you weren't running stolen weapon S2? That magas only drops blackbulls. = \

jobber
Oct 22, 2008, 01:28 PM
eh...Blackbull will only drop on a rare spawn, from the big red robuts (grena bete S? can't remember...), it's not a boss box drop.

False. Before I did ungodly amount of S2 runs, I did a few S runs and got a Blackbull boss drop. I didn't get a rare map either.

and for the OP, don't give up!

use my method of hunting. Start a run and see which map you get. The only map I run is the map where 4 bots spawn to your right. It's the easiest since it's no snipers that cast shifta and resta. I'm currently at 10 rattlesnakes. I only do DGS2 runs now since nothing else of value drops on any other mission.

Turb0
Oct 22, 2008, 02:09 PM
False. Before I did ungodly amount of S2 runs, I did a few S runs and got a Blackbull boss drop. I didn't get a rare map either.
Pretty sure he was talking about S2 but it's wrong at any rate because there are no grinna bete Ss at DG.

and for the OP, don't give up!

use my method of hunting. Start a run and see which map you get. The only map I run is the map where 4 bots spawn to your right. It's the easiest since it's no snipers that cast shifta and resta. I'm currently at 10 rattlesnakes. I only do DGS2 runs now since nothing else of value drops on any other mission.

Maybe so but for 360, 4 tirentos at right = teh slowdownz (for most people). Consult this post (http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?p=842686#842686) for your DG slowdown needs. I've experienced pretty much every way detailed in that post and it's been dead on for me. (If you're not on 360 then just ignore that lolz)

And in response to the OP, I've probably seen 6 or 7 rattlesnake boards drop there but it has been a few months since the last one. I don't know why they would change it as that's the only place it drops, it seems more likely to me that you were accidentally doing stolen weapon S2 like mvffin said. The Magas has to be lv 100+ to drop the rattlesnake.

Cracka_J
Oct 22, 2008, 02:42 PM

Yup, you're right. I checked the boss drops for S earlier today and saw it did drop there as well. Just another case of me too lazy to edit my posts.

And yeah, the OP was talking about a blackbull dropping on S2, which shouldn't ever happen D:

JAFO22000
Oct 22, 2008, 02:54 PM
So I do a few missions on S2... and YES it was an S2... and all I get is a Blackbull. WTF?? Anyone know of the drop being nerfed, changed or anything else?

Wait, you didn't get a rare drop after a "few" runs and are asking if the drop rate has been changed?!?!?!?

RegulusHikari
Oct 22, 2008, 02:56 PM
There's only three places to get Blackbulls:

1. 100+ Grinna Bete S
2. 80-99 Fakis
2. 80-99 Magas
2. Other unreleased JP thingies

You did DG S or StW S2, it's just that simple.

Wait, you didn't get a rare drop after a "few" runs and are asking if the drop rate has been changed?!?!?!?OP thinks he did DG S2 and got a Blackbull instead of a Rattlesnake.