PDA

View Full Version : AotI 24th october pseudo-update

Kadajenova
Oct 22, 2008, 12:56 PM
Well, only changes about universe name is a PSEUDO update, no new chapter, no new mission, no new classes, no new events..... sigh

WhiteKnight01
Oct 22, 2008, 12:58 PM
arnt they fixing the arms dealer mission?

EspioKaos
Oct 22, 2008, 01:11 PM
arnt they fixing the arms dealer mission?

Bladed Legacy. They're fixing the boxes that show up after the Magashi massacre.

RAGNAGELPPOD
Oct 22, 2008, 01:18 PM
The deletion of half the pc/ps2 universes is epic history in the making.

[spoiler-box]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o289/venomrcrush/psu20081022_005152_003.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Kylie
Oct 22, 2008, 01:21 PM
Bladed Legacy. They're fixing the boxes that show up after the Magashi massacre.
Indeed. Well, Chill recently said they're having trouble getting the event to us, didn't he? He also said he's unsure if we'll get any content updates before we get the event, which immediately made me open up Play SEGA and cancel my subscription (also because I got a new card :lol:). I have no desire to play PSU right now, so I'll just enjoy something else and avoid the disappointments of a "dry period" altogether. Wake me up as soon as they announce that we're getting the Lightning Carnival. :sleep:

DarkEliteRico
Oct 22, 2008, 01:27 PM
I'm with you here, no real updates other then fixing minor things for how many months to come due to technical issues = horseshit. This one mission a month and a half is freaking boring as hell, they're going to keep putting things on the back burner for the new expansion and the US/EU servers seem like they keep getting shitted on because of it. Honestly is it that hard to translate/localize a game that has over 6 months over us?
It's not just the damn server certification they need from MS/PSN to upload and they know it, they need to get off their asses and do something.

Golto
Oct 22, 2008, 02:00 PM
Anyone else see another 3 month period of non-updates?

buzyb77
Oct 22, 2008, 02:03 PM
Anyone else see another 3 month period of non-updates?

I did and spoke it then I got banned on the ohhhhfficial forms

Tyreek
Oct 22, 2008, 03:12 PM
So all that info about Chapter 6 and the Arms Dealer is just blowing in the wind now huh? *shakes head* Sight to leveling my techs and such.

Darius_Drake
Oct 22, 2008, 03:36 PM
Looks like I will need to level up the bullets on my gunner and the techs on my techer til the update. When Friday comes I will be back on my fighter ready to tangle with all of those magashis on Bladed Legacy. Only this time I look to be rewarded for the slayings of that demented cast. Ha ha haaaa, ROAR!!!!!!

Gunslinger-08
Oct 22, 2008, 06:33 PM
Won't we be getting the Halloween lobby, and the Latus Rappies, or whatever they're called?

Kinako78
Oct 22, 2008, 06:35 PM
Won't we be getting the Halloween lobby, and the Latus Rappies, or whatever they're called?

That's what I'm wondering about. Halloween's just a week away from this friday.

Kizeragi
Oct 22, 2008, 06:56 PM

Halloween Xmas this year maybe?

Syaoran_69
Oct 22, 2008, 07:47 PM
Halloween lobbies around Xmas sounds fun... I'd run around singing "This is Halloween" from The Nightmare Before Christmas the whole time >.>

Tyreek
Oct 22, 2008, 09:31 PM
Halloween Lobbies in Xmas eh? *Thinks about Xbox's Eternal Christmas*

sephiroth115
Oct 22, 2008, 10:30 PM
category is:
"top things you would like in an update"

1)?????
2) Halloween lobby
3) New content

"Show me potato salad!"
"Survey says..."

And there goes our update

Yusaku_Kudou
Oct 22, 2008, 10:56 PM
I haven't been feeling PSU lately. Maybe it's time to throw in the towel after a good, solid year+ (get it) of playing. I suppose it's time to move on. I have PSP if I ever get an itch to play PSU.

DAMASCUS
Oct 23, 2008, 12:53 AM
I always thought that Seasonal 'updates' were automatic and not tied to the real updates. I have to assume we'll at least see Halloween gimmickry. I was hoping to play the next story chapter but it makes sense that it would have to be delayed for a while just with the translation alone. Too bad.

BIGGIEstyle
Oct 23, 2008, 01:07 AM
category is:
"top things you would like in an update"

1)?????
2) Halloween lobby
3) New content

"Show me potato salad!"
"Survey says..."

And there goes our update

I think if Sega mailed out all it's players Potato salad I'd have to quit complaining about lack of updates due to the sheer awesomeness of free potato salad.

Pika
Oct 23, 2008, 03:19 AM
yea...changing the servers, and fixing a problem isn't an update..i mean..its not like this requires them to....change..update..the...servers??

wait....what!?

Chibi_psu
Oct 23, 2008, 08:24 AM
Nothing new will be added tomorrow.There is a small edit on last week no maintenance post about this week.Thats all:

http://xbox360.phantasystaruniverse.jp/news/wis/?mode=view&id=220

Arika
Oct 23, 2008, 08:38 AM
There will be maintenance post about this week soon within the period before maintenance start.
normally even there is nothing update, they will still put it at separate link, they never mix them together on the last week maintenance link for the new one.
those edit are usually refer to bug. when any update result in any bug, and they got reported. they will add information about that into that specific update page.

Anyway, I have to admit that lately the update schedule on xbox360 JP site is sooo slow recently.

Sasamichan
Oct 23, 2008, 09:28 AM
Anyway, I have to admit that lately the update schedule on xbox360 JP site is sooo slow recently.

Maybe they started to not to give a crap anymore, as usual.

amtalx
Oct 23, 2008, 10:00 AM
Hmm, maybe it is time to cancel...

DarkEliteRico
Oct 23, 2008, 11:04 AM
Hmm, maybe it is time to cancel...
might as well cancel for a few months, renew when the game has more to offer in a few months. That $10's can do a lot more things for me currently then what it's doing for SEGAC

Danny_Dark
Oct 23, 2008, 11:19 AM
I think I play Offline for a while....

SupraMKIV
Oct 23, 2008, 10:55 PM
Dang! Wheres the love? SoA needs some appreciation from its player base. Tomorrow's posted updated might seem minute but I still think we're getting more. I have a vision*

Gunslinger-08
Oct 23, 2008, 11:11 PM
Dang! Wheres the love? SoA needs some appreciation from its player base. Tomorrow's posted updated might seem minute but I still think we're getting more. I have a vision*

What kind of scale are we talking? A stealthy single ninja update, or an epic Sam Fisher nothing-left-standing infiltration?

buzyb77
Oct 23, 2008, 11:32 PM

Also WHAT are we supposed to appreciate... our updates being 8 months+ behind Japan, Server Reduction, gameplay unlocks, no PSP game funcanaliting for agame in March, The DS version of the game we are playing having more content, AOI+ that may not get released outside of Japan, Bugged Boxes, Memory leaks, Lack of content, Events that never seem to come, OCT 24 is our 2nd anaversery and we have no clue if we are getting Halloween Rappies, ...Just like our 1st frew days...

Tetsaru
Oct 24, 2008, 12:09 AM
Also WHAT are we supposed to appreciate... our updates being 8 months+ behind Japan, Server Reduction, gameplay unlocks, no PSP game funcanaliting for agame in March, The DS version of the game we are playing having more content, AOI+ that may not get released outside of Japan, Bugged Boxes, Memory leaks, Lack of content, Events that never seem to come, OCT 24 is our 2nd anaversery and we have no clue if we are getting Halloween Rappies, ...Just like our 1st frew days...

Exactly. Don't get me wrong - I love PSU, but just think of how much better and more successful this game would have been, if Sega hadn't done such as half-assed job of managing everything...

Pika
Oct 24, 2008, 01:28 AM
meh, they explained when things are delayed, they never promised us anything either.
those bugged boxes are being fixed by the way..

complaining of server reduction? everyone seemed to WANT that...how can you complain about sega doing what people WANTED them to do?!

also..why compare psu to psp or ds games?? if thats the case let me compare it to DC and GC games....wait...i dont wanna do that, its improved to much...i know im glad i can go where ever i want, when i want with no fear of being hacked by some kid with to much time on his hands...

DreXxiN
Oct 24, 2008, 01:55 AM
meh, they explained when things are delayed, they never promised us anything either.

complaining of server reduction? everyone seemed to WANT that...how can you complain about sega doing what people WANTED them to do?!

also..why compare psu to psp or ds games?? if thats the case let me compare it to DC and GC games....wait...i dont wanna do that, its improved to much...i know im glad i can go where ever i want, when i want with no fear of being hacked by some kid with to much time on his hands...

I don't know if your mom or dad pays for your game or not, but this is PROFESSIONAL. There's NO REASON we should be paying for NOTHING!

Look at PSU's FAQ:

"Why do we have to pay for the game monthly?"
"So we can provide you with top notch customer service and regular updates of course!"

Are you fucking kidding me?

Some of us who earn our money do NOT like to pay for a half ass job.

If you payed the cable company 20 dollars extra a month to release new movies on Cinemax, are you going to fucking put up with them playing the same 3 movies for 2 months due to Technical difficulties? Give me a break!

The fact that you say "I can't get hacked by kids with too much time on their hands" Just further proves your ignorance. There were uh..many ways to prevent that on PSO..pretty easy too.. You seem a bit clueless.

If you want (or your parents, grandma, dog, whoever holds the credit card) to pay for shittastic half-assed service, then by all means do it, but there are other games more properly maintaned for FREE than this.

What wouldn't bother me is if they didn't fucking LIE about it. Unacceptable professionally, and I've been faithful since Day 1 on vanilla PSU.

Just rather upsetting that one-guy on the unspoken private PSO server updates the damn thing 8 times faster than SEGA OF AMERICA, A TEAM OF PROFESSIONALS.

Lucky Dearly
Oct 24, 2008, 08:04 PM
A sucky update

somebody needs to remind Segac what next friday is, course knowing Segac they will release Rappy Latans in December, then Rappy Noels in Feburary, then Rappy Amure in April, and Rappy Paska in the summer

ScoopMoto
Oct 24, 2008, 08:37 PM
Look at PSU's FAQ:

"Why do we have to pay for the game monthly?"
"So we can provide you with top notch customer service and regular updates of course!"

Are you fucking kidding me?

Best line ever lmao:lol:

buzyb77
Oct 25, 2008, 11:18 PM
A sucky update

somebody needs to remind Segac what next friday is, course knowing Segac they will release Rappy Latans in December, then Rappy Noels in Feburary, then Rappy Amure in April, and Rappy Paska in the summer

they want to Make Oct 24, 2008 feel like it was Oct 24 ,2006... you know no event and no special rappies...you know a good B'day present

buzyb77
Oct 25, 2008, 11:21 PM

un The Server REDUCTION SAVED SEGA MONEY and TIME those are the only reasons they did it..

Ruru
Oct 26, 2008, 12:15 AM
well technically we dont even need up to 10 uni's atm either with how many people are still playing. they could take it down to 2 easy if they really wanna save money D: