PDA

View Full Version : JP PSU Boss/clear box booter resolution

EspioKaos
Oct 23, 2008, 09:55 AM
http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/news/wis/?mode=view&id=768

In the post-maintenance notes posted on the Japanese PC/PS2 site today, they mention one particular system update that I'm sure a lot of people will be happy to know about. Now, after a trial has ended, the party leader no longer has the ability to kick party members out. This isn't an absolute resolution to the problem, as I can imagine some greedy people might start kicking members out once they get to a certain point where they think the boss is nearly dead, but it's at least a step in the right direction.

Here's a screenshot from the Japanese image board to show what appears on screen if you try to remove a member after the trial's end.

http://moemi.mithra.to/~psu/uploader/src/psu17772.jpg

The text says: "The trial has ended, so the member cannot be removed."

ashley50
Oct 23, 2008, 09:57 AM
that's nice :)

joefro
Oct 23, 2008, 09:58 AM
A nice fix indeed. :p

Tyreek
Oct 23, 2008, 09:59 AM
What do you know... a critical problem solved. Maybe this will put the booters in their place.

Apone
Oct 23, 2008, 10:01 AM
Yeah! and it wouldn't surprise me if this update popped up here sooner than later.

Gobolino
Oct 23, 2008, 10:18 AM
Hi, my first text here in this forum. Only once i was kicked by a person... just before DF program... as u say, it not solve the problem, but it going in the right way

CelestialBlade
Oct 23, 2008, 10:25 AM
That's hilarious XD I approve.

stukasa
Oct 23, 2008, 10:27 AM
Wow, that's surprising! ^^ I can only think of one situation where this could be a problem, and that's during events. Many events like 1Up and MAG had bonus missions that you could access from a crystal after the trial had ended. There was one time during 1Up when someone in my party fell asleep during the boss and we couldn't start the EX mission since everyone in the party needed to be present. We waited for like ten minutes trying to wake him up but in the end I had to boot him... it was the only way we could continue. ^^; I'm not saying that's a common situation but imagine if we had this update back then--we would have had to exit without doing the EX mission!

Still, like Espio said, it's a step in the right direction.

Powder Keg
Oct 23, 2008, 10:55 AM
That's pretty cool.

I only booted out randoms if they join during the boss fight and refuse to wait in the lobby, but this is a nice update.

desturel
Oct 23, 2008, 11:01 AM
Besides the person who falls asleep during the mission, there's also the small problem of the person who jumps in at the end of a mission.

I can think of several minor problems that would be caused by this issue, but for the most part it shouldn't be an issue. More of a positive than a negative in most situations. Just watch out when running MA:G A'. :)

landman
Oct 23, 2008, 11:24 AM
Now people will be booted before their meseta and mission points reward lol

Aisha379
Oct 23, 2008, 11:48 AM
Not a bad solution, though if it were me, I'd make it so people cannot be booted after the boss fight starts (teleporter activated).

That way if someone wants to be a jerk, they'll have to fight the boss all by theirself too (which is far from hard but a bit annoying, at least.)

Also, people shouldn't be able to jump in mid-game after the boss fight starts.

Cracka_J
Oct 23, 2008, 11:53 AM
while there's good intentions with this one, I can still see abuse from players.

-party leaders will boot at or during boss missions, like espio said.

-scammers will go around trying to join high-time parties in hopes of not being noticed joining during boss fights and being unbootable after the boss is killed.

don't get me wrong, this is a good change...you'd just think a "no join" feature would also be added to open parties who have made it to the end boxes. then I think everyone would feel a bit more secure.

Darius_Drake
Oct 23, 2008, 12:05 PM
I like it. I am glad they are trying to do something that will help fix a problem caused by unscrupulous players. That is proof that they are at least listening to their players. The thing that puzzles me is that it seems that if they thought this through the boss teleport would be the magic spot. You can't boot or join once a party activates the boss teleport. The bosses entrance to the board is almost the visual cue that the party is now permanent.

DAMASCUS
Oct 23, 2008, 12:07 PM
Yeah, I have to say if they made it so that a party could not be joined once the boss portal is activated that would be a perfect addition. Then they could just make it so that nobody can leave during the boss fight. Problem solved?

jobber
Oct 23, 2008, 12:35 PM
during MAG, I kept getting booted during the last room

Kylie
Oct 23, 2008, 12:56 PM
Not bad. The only problem I can see is that people will try to take advantage of not being "bootable," but I can be patient and wait to boot them. Then again, I haven't had to boot anyone in a few months anyways.

ashley50
Oct 23, 2008, 01:04 PM
Not bad. The only problem I can see is that people will try to take advantage of not being "bootable,"

yeah, i can see that coming too...

pikachief
Oct 23, 2008, 04:22 PM
Not bad. The only problem I can see is that people will try to take advantage of not being "bootable,"

the mission is over, abandon then boot lol

Noblewine
Oct 23, 2008, 05:13 PM
I like the idea. Its an update I'm looking forward to having.

SStrikerR
Oct 23, 2008, 05:17 PM
Just make it so people can't join during the boss. >_>

McLaughlin
Oct 23, 2008, 07:34 PM
We still don't have the Photon Charge update (...do we?), so I'm not going to hold my breath for this one.

SStrikerR
Oct 23, 2008, 08:54 PM
We still don't have the Photon Charge update (...do we?), so I'm not going to hold my breath for this one.

wuzzat?

Complex_Jao
Oct 23, 2008, 10:09 PM
wuzzat?
when you have two 1handed weapons (ex. handgun saber combo) and use a photon charge it refills both the weapons all the way instead of half way like it is now

MSAksion
Oct 25, 2008, 11:14 AM
Well to avoid the half recharge glitch thing i just go to the inventory and refill the weapon specifically from the list rather than have photon charges on the palette.

As for the No Boot at the end - HOLY ZEN - took them long enough to figure that one out.

That update needs to be here immediatley. Since we got nothing new except renamed servers - "WHOOPTY DOO were doing our Job" - said the Sega employee.

Golto
Oct 25, 2008, 11:57 AM
If it requires a patch to be downloaded don't hold your breath. Those always takes months and months thanks to microsoft.

Marron_Shido
Oct 25, 2008, 07:11 PM
I think it'd be better if the party automatically locked at the beginning of final block. This would serve two purposes: 1st leader booting party members during the boss battle and 2nd (jumpers) players who purposely jump in at the last block just to join the boss fight and then leave the party after it's over.

Though if a player is idle more then 10 straight minutes, then they should be bootable at any time.

DreXxiN
Oct 25, 2008, 08:48 PM
Now people will be booted before their meseta and mission points reward lol

Lol, this.

poorblackman
Oct 25, 2008, 09:33 PM
hmm thats cool and all but wouldnt people just get around this by booting you before the mission ends?

buzyb77
Oct 25, 2008, 09:44 PM
If it requires a patch to be downloaded don't hold your breath. Those always takes months and months thanks to microsoft.

well if it is Sega buggy programming and poor cooding then Yeah I agree because it seams latey Sega could not code it's way out of a wet paper bag.

but trutfullly WE DON"T DOWNLOAD ANYTHING ask my harddrive... sigh our updates are unlocking as the people who have hacked PSU on the pc it's all there.

pikachief
Oct 25, 2008, 09:54 PM
well if it is Sega buggy programming and poor cooding then Yeah I agree because it seams latey Sega could not code it's way out of a wet paper bag.

but trutfullly WE DON"T DOWNLOAD ANYTHING ask my harddrive... sigh our updates are unlocking as the people who have hacked PSU on the pc it's all there.

im wondering y no one hasnt jsut hacked out all of the weapons so we can see them, like the original PSU was :/

poorblackman
Oct 25, 2008, 09:58 PM
Thats a good question...

buzyb77
Oct 25, 2008, 11:15 PM
im wondering y no one hasnt jsut hacked out all of the weapons so we can see them, like the original PSU was :/

Some have been but most were hacked out on PSO sue to cheating devices.. GameShark anyone?...

but if you look at the weapons on this site you will find many that don't have stats also many ROOm deco Pic were done in Hack and lets see action..