PDA

View Full Version : Coming back to PSO, new to PSU

Gloveboy
Oct 23, 2008, 10:29 PM
Hey

I'm thinking about buying phantasy star again. A few things I am wondering is are there even servers in PSO anymore? lol

Also for PSU, Are there as much people on that as there were on PSO(roughly around 300)?

Lastly, not that this is so important but what is the age range of most of you and the people on PSU?

Ryock
Oct 23, 2008, 11:30 PM
PSO servers have been dead for a while now. There is no longer a PSO EP1&2 server, or a PSOBB server. If you want to play PSOBB, there's a private out there I believe.

As for PSU, it's been pretty good I suppose. The PC/PS2 servers are a lot like how the PSO servers were in population. PSU has a slightly bigger population, but it's dwindling unfortunately. I haven't really seen it myself, but apparently the Xbox360 servers have twice or three times as many people. That's just what I hear though.

Most of us are 15 or older. I hear a lot of college students playing this game.

buzyb77
Oct 23, 2008, 11:35 PM
as for PSU updates look on PSUpedia for past update...really though if you buy PSU now... um don't play online till there is eiter

A. another Event
B. sounds of hope from long time payers (yes I said payers not players)

xBladeM6x
Oct 23, 2008, 11:58 PM
Hey

I'm thinking about buying phantasy star again. A few things I am wondering is are there even servers in PSO anymore? lol

No, there are not PSO servers anymore. The closest you can get to playing PSO again, is by playing on a private server.

Also for PSU, Are there as much people on that as there were on PSO(roughly around 300)?

There about probably, 5,000 active accounts, but on a daily basis, there are about 1,200 people on. During events, you can find about 5,000 people on at a time. :D

Lastly, not that this is so important but what is the age range of most of you and the people on PSU?

There are some kids 13 years old or younger, but most people are between 16-25. There is also a surprising amount of 30-40 year olds playing too. Not that it's odd. Just unexpected.

All in all, getting the game again would probably make you happy if you did. Considering you quit a while ago, if you come back you would still have a lot you could do. Don't let people who say this game is terrible sway your want to come back. The game is great, lots of things to do, but only if you are looking to be even decent. And don't freakin' nitpick every little damn thing about the game. Not attempting to enjoy the game, and just picking it apart is what turns anyone away from a game.

And Yes I am a long time player. (More than a year, never quit) You can trust me on this.

Genoa
Oct 24, 2008, 01:23 AM
Started at the launch and there's still quite a bit to do. I know many people who have "gotten their full" but I tend to play 10-15 hours a week, which isn't really that bad in my opinion... still PLENTY to do.
Too many people make one character, max it, max arts... and say "that's it"
There's plenty to hunt, plenty to level, plenty of arts, 4 races, and 9 types (soon 12)
You could get a good fill of PSU for a while longer.
To answer your other questions...
PC/PS2 population base is around... 200-300 players
Xbox360? Can't answer that exactly, but it's significantly higher player-base. (I really wish they'd merge us since PC/PS2 is on the verge of death)
Player age?
Well, I tend to find many of players are 18+, at least on PC/PS2... I know that many younger players have a 360, so perhaps there's more of a younger player-base there (can't say for sure... just a guess)
I myself am 20 and on PC

TheOneHero
Oct 24, 2008, 01:25 AM
There are private servers for PSO GC/DC/PC/BB with a few hundred people on at any given time for all of them. The community is great and friendly, don't worry about getting FSOD'd or hacked; those running the server take great care of those using it.

Also, GC/DC/PC players can play together on the private server. New PSO quests (pretty decent ones at that) are also released on occasion as well as previously unreleased items.

We are however, not allowed to mention the server name or how to connect on the forums.

Gloveboy
Oct 24, 2008, 01:27 AM
thanks all for the responses. too bad pso died. im definatey inclined to atleast try the offline out and see if its any good. the fact that this website has any life at all suprises me most. lol i remember it from about 7 years ago

Gloveboy
Oct 24, 2008, 09:50 AM
Well Wally doesn't have it so I got to wait for gs to open. Here is some other things I would like to know before I get it.

Is it hard to sync items? Do rare items drop at all or is it all about syncing?

and...

Also, did they really take mags out of the game? That was my favorite part of the whole deal.

Tyreek
Oct 24, 2008, 11:43 AM
Hmm. In a sense, they brought them back. They are weapons now, called Madoogs(TECH-Mags) and Shadoogs(Range-Mags). As for the ones taking their place, you have partner machinery. They handle your storage, and item synthing. Also, when they reach a certain point, they can join you in battle.

Gloveboy
Oct 24, 2008, 01:51 PM
Bought it ..

It's alright so far, aside from the lame cs. Must have been a low budget with the dialog lol

Can somebody tell me if Ethan can use force spells AND be a beast? I remember that being a beast was what I was most excited about. If not, I will just make a character online.

Anduril
Oct 24, 2008, 02:21 PM
Bought it ..

It's alright so far, aside from the lame cs. Must have been a low budget with the dialog lol

Can somebody tell me if Ethan can use force spells AND be a beast? I remember that being a beast was what I was most excited about. If not, I will just make a character online.

Ethan is just a Human. But if you don't care for the story just go straight for Online, otherwise it is a nice way to get some info on the events and characters in the game though the online Glossary provides most of the info.

Tyreek
Oct 24, 2008, 02:38 PM
And don't worry. Ethan is a jack-of-all trades character. So he can use most to anything in that game, depending on his type, or weapon ranks. Just level up with mission points. Shame that doesn't work online too lmao.

Gloveboy
Oct 26, 2008, 02:01 AM
Might as well post these in my own thread.
Anyways, I have a few questions:

What's everyone so upset about? Why do I keep reading that SEGA isn't doing something right or w/e?

For the 360, I just bought the update and so far the only difference that I see is the title screen! What is in the update?

What lvl does my pet thing get to fight along with me?

That's it .. Appreciate any help given.

poorblackman
Oct 26, 2008, 02:27 AM
Might as well post these in my own thread.
Anyways, I have a few questions:

What's everyone so upset about? Why do I keep reading that SEGA isn't doing something right or w/e?

For the 360, I just bought the update and so far the only difference that I see is the title screen! What is in the update?

That's it .. Appreciate any help given.

=O a Noob! lol but any way to answer some of ur question

1. people are mad at sega because we get updates late for the PC/PS2 their billing errors <--couldnt play also they make us wait months on end for the smallest updates and a lot other bs

2. well in the update your name turns yellow! and you get more classes acrofighter and acrotecher and new weapons and missions...ect. lol just search around the site and you will find all the info you need

3. you're Partner machine fights with you at LVL80 when you feed it stuff ( i wont go into detail because im bad at explaining stuff)

=) i hope this helps!

Gloveboy
Oct 26, 2008, 04:07 AM
=O a Noob! lol but any way to answer some of ur question

1. people are mad at sega because we get updates late for the PC/PS2 their billing errors <--couldnt play also they make us wait months on end for the smallest updates and a lot other bs

2. well in the update your name turns yellow! and you get more classes acrofighter and acrotecher and new weapons and missions...ect. lol just search around the site and you will find all the info you need

3. you're Partner machine fights with you at LVL80 when you feed it stuff ( i wont go into detail because im bad at explaining stuff)

=) i hope this helps!Yes this helps a lot. Thank you

That's too bad that everyone feels like leaving as soon as I start playing. I just had a great party doing white beast and monsters were dropping 1k meseta a piece!

I'm going to be hooked once I get my beast to lvl 20.

Genoa
Oct 26, 2008, 04:15 AM

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y94/GenoLeonis/segac.gif
You'll understand soon enough.

As stated, lvl.80. It is wise to make four characters and have each character have a pure PM for each type (one character have a lvl.100 Strike PM, another with lvl.100 Ranged, etc..)
Here's everything you need to know about partner machinery
http://psupedia.info/Partner_machines

=O a Noob! lol
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y94/GenoLeonis/20060823.jpg
A newb, not a noob. =/

BIGGIEstyle
Oct 26, 2008, 04:00 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y94/GenoLeonis/segac.gif
You'll understand soon enough.

As stated, lvl.80. It is wise to make four characters and have each character have a pure PM for each type (one character have a lvl.100 Strike PM, another with lvl.100 Ranged, etc..)
Here's everything you need to know about partner machinery
http://psupedia.info/Partner_machines

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y94/GenoLeonis/20060823.jpg
A newb, not a noob. =/

I laughed so hard at the comic ^_^

Oh, and to the original poster, I've got a few lowbies I run around so if you PM me here on the site we can hook up for a while at some point.

TheOneHero
Oct 26, 2008, 08:15 PM
Oh hey Segac, damn, remember when that was funny?

Me either.