PDA

View Full Version : Scape Dolls?

Marron_Shido
Oct 24, 2008, 07:59 AM
So here's my question, do you think the ever availability of Scape Dolls in the game's NPC shops; is good thing or bad thing for game play? I hear some people say that PSU isn't challenging enough, I have to wonder though, would it be any better if Scape Dolls worked like they did in PSO you found them during missions and they weren't stackable items?

Arika
Oct 24, 2008, 08:01 AM
SEGA want to cost people that die with 5000 penalty at the begining when the meseta is still hard to find. Which is okay.
However, it become bad things when meseta after meseta become easy to get. and They can't draw it back anymore. too late.

Marron_Shido
Oct 24, 2008, 08:05 AM
If Sega wanted to they could and do removed an items from NPC shops. They do it with the seasonal items (Fireworks) so it stands to reason that they could do this with Scape Dolls.

Cracka_J
Oct 24, 2008, 08:06 AM
Altering something that is already available for npc purchase isn't going to make the game more challenging, it'll just make it more annoying. I don't want to spend my time Scape Doll farming, thank you.

New missions/difficulty settings are the challenges you should be wanting out of this game, not a silly item adjustment.

thematesV2
Oct 24, 2008, 08:20 AM
why would you have to farm for scapes? just play with a lower level of death.... it would make it more challenging.. I don't buy scapes, only pick them up when I find them, and the game seems fine to me...

Marron_Shido
Oct 24, 2008, 08:57 AM
Yeah really if play smart you should have much need for scape dolls, maybe one or two at most. In PSO I never farmed for them just store any extra ones I found and saved them up for boss missions if needed.

darkante
Oct 24, 2008, 08:58 AM
I think they should be removed, only thing that will annoy people without it is...

1. Megid blast
2. People who solo on harder missions. (obviously)

Otherwise, team effort anyone (partly point of playing online)? Bah...rofl.

Marron_Shido
Oct 24, 2008, 09:15 AM
Yah I hardly ever had problems with TPK (Total Party Knockout) when in I did missions with friends in PSO, since we where good at team work. The only time I usually dies was in the Ruins, from Megid or getting hit with freeze traps. Or When I did the Sea Bed and fought those little spinning bots the froze and kicked Megid balls at you. Either way I had more fun, since I felt more challenged since I had to more careful when I chose to solo. If there's not much risk of defeat, it easy to get lazy not fill challenged if it's almost impossible to get KOed.

desturel
Oct 24, 2008, 09:46 AM
Removing scape dolls would only serve to make Moon Atomizer X useful again. Considering I get stacks and stacks of scape dolls when doing grove runs, it's not like they are hard to collect. You don't actually have to "farm" them.

joefro
Oct 24, 2008, 09:49 AM
I'm indifferent. When I'm teching it would give me a reason for giresta. When I'm fighting with 4000+ hp, it takes a lot to kill me.

Gobolino
Oct 24, 2008, 10:02 AM
Playing solo in hard missions makes the game very difficult. The game is fine, scape dolls dont solve the problem.

Marron_Shido
Oct 24, 2008, 10:04 AM
Yeah removing them would make Giresta actually worth 99 frags spent for it. Heaven forbid techers, get true use out of one the few support spells we actually have available to us. :D I know friends are always happy for me my using Buffs, Giresta, Resta, Reverser, instead them having to waste money on Scapes and other items. I've played fighter type before and it get expensive, esp at places like Bladed Legacy, Desert Goliath, and Dark Missions where it is easy to die a lot and get hit with status effects.

Cracka_J
Oct 24, 2008, 10:30 AM
Yeah removing them would make Giresta actually worth 99 frags spent for it. Heaven forbid techers, get true use out of one the few support spells we actually have available to us. :D

Ugh...you already get the full use.
It's called regen stack.

That alone is worth the 99 frag pricetag.

Marron_Shido
Oct 24, 2008, 10:49 AM
Regen is nice but in Bladed Legacy we've had people actually run out dolls and I had to revive them, so it's handy to say the least.

Uber_Noob
Oct 24, 2008, 11:00 AM
No one wants a challenge....why even bother. Besides scape dolls appear in ever mission its not like they are rare.

System-Id
Oct 24, 2008, 11:12 AM
Playing solo in hard missions makes the game very difficult. The game is fine, scape dolls dont solve the problem.

WHAT? SOLO HARD???? xD
You Are A Boat. Cast FF or FG plzzzz
i dont need a team juss me and
my trimates =] i <3 solo'ng

Darius_Drake
Oct 24, 2008, 11:29 AM
I think they should be removed, only thing that will annoy people without it is...

1. Megid blast
2. People who solo on harder missions. (obviously)

Otherwise, team effort anyone (partly point of playing online)? Bah...rofl.

I guess this is my main issue, especially if I can't find a party at the time.

gratefulgriz
Oct 24, 2008, 11:47 AM
I need scape dolls cause I die a lot becuase i sux, so yea. But it would be cool to have to farm them or rely on your team!! -Ladydatura

DAMASCUS
Oct 24, 2008, 12:07 PM
Thats what I say...moonies need to make a major comeback XD

bupjo
Oct 24, 2008, 12:37 PM
it's quite simple to me....just don't buy them. find some in a mission, sell them to the NPC shops. i like the option of buying them or not. i love having a choice! and i have had parties where some jerk dies a ton of times and expects everyone to babysit him/her because he/she didnt have scapes with them. i prefer the scapes being available. im all about teamwork and all, but some people need to learn how to handle themselves and not entirely depend on other people so much. giresta, sure help out if one desires...but eventually people run out of moons in a mission too so....

amtalx
Oct 24, 2008, 12:47 PM
Its quite clear the ST does not have any intention of making this game challenging. They have been making it easier and easier since the expansion. It all started when people started bitching and moaning about the bees.

I blame the fighters. :p

The_Gio
Oct 24, 2008, 12:48 PM
it's quite simple to me....just don't buy them. find some in a mission, sell them to the NPC shops. i like the option of buying them or not. i love having a choice! and i have had parties where some jerk dies a ton of times and expects everyone to babysit him/her because he/she didnt have scapes with them. i prefer the scapes being available. im all about teamwork and all, but some people need to learn how to handle themselves and not entirely depend on other people so much. giresta, sure help out if one desires...but eventually people run out of moons in a mission too so....

see? so him not having any scapes makes him a jerk cuz he dies alot? yeah it gets annoying, but thats exactly why you cant go in a party without any scapes, because then people start to get frustrated that you keep dying. Yeah, that specific person might suck and dies alot, but scapes dont help him/her get better, they just dont become a burden on other people. I can agree that scapes should be available, but thru other means, not thru just spending meseta thats in abundant anyway...trading for scapes anyone? maybe you can i dunno, trade juices, milks, chocolates, and all that other food for a set of scapes or one? i dunno havent really put thought into that idea

oh yeah! moons are cheap anyway, 100 meseta or something like that (cant remember) is nothing compared to 5000

Inazuma
Oct 24, 2008, 01:28 PM
see? so him not having any scapes makes him a jerk cuz he dies alot? yeah it gets annoying, but thats exactly why you cant go in a party without any scapes, because then people start to get frustrated that you keep dying. Yeah, that specific person might suck and dies alot, but scapes dont help him/her get better, they just dont become a burden on other people. I can agree that scapes should be available, but thru other means, not thru just spending meseta thats in abundant anyway...trading for scapes anyone? maybe you can i dunno, trade juices, milks, chocolates, and all that other food for a set of scapes or one? i dunno havent really put thought into that idea

oh yeah! moons are cheap anyway, 100 meseta or something like that (cant remember) is nothing compared to 5000

scapes dont help him get better? i disagree. losing 5k meseta for each death can be motivation to get better and die less. i think players generally try harder and do a better job if there is some risk of losing meseta from dying.

but then again, 5k isnt much. -_- this game needs a better penalty for dying.

Darius_Drake
Oct 24, 2008, 01:44 PM
scapes dont help him get better? i disagree. losing 5k meseta for each death can be motivation to get better and die less. i think players generally try harder and do a better job if there is some risk of losing meseta from dying.

but then again, 5k isnt much. -_- this game needs a better penalty for dying.

Make scapes 50k each and then even the scrubs will improve exponentially. LOL!!! :lol:

Marron_Shido
Oct 24, 2008, 01:59 PM
Yah 50k a pop would definitely be felt more by players. :D

if remember correctly in PSO if you got KOed or TPK then you lost the money you where carrying which made money storage a must.

Gen2000
Oct 24, 2008, 02:04 PM
There many other things that makes this game easier mode such super-powered stats, the sneezing at enemies making them flinch, resist units, the crap HP/DEF stats of enemies themselves, etc. Scape Dolls is low on the poll imo. Most people don't even buy Scape Dolls and still doesn't run out of em.

Taking them out wouldn't make the game any more challenging for those that actually knows how to play, horrible players will be horrible players regardless.

lainofthewired
Oct 24, 2008, 02:52 PM
I think spells like giresta make scape dolls pretty useless.

On a side note I know my friend Nirvash gets pretty steamed when he gets hit for 5000 meseta with every KO, so maybe it would be a good thing to have them just as item drops.

Personally I could go either way. I too just would not want to have to go farming for them. Farming part of what makes this game a drag.^^;

ARASHIKAGE
Oct 24, 2008, 03:29 PM
I would be all for a npc not selling scape dolls anymore. On one condition: Sonic Team brings back telepipes.

DreXxiN
Oct 24, 2008, 03:57 PM
I usually only solo...and for the LOVE OF GOD REMOVE SCAPE DOLLS!

They allow you to be able to do ANYTHING and demote team work..it's stupid.

It's not like they are hard to find, and they can be found on ANY RANK, meaning noobs starting out on C can sell them for 5-10k for profit, and it'd help the poorer side of the economy.

Dark Emerald EXE
Oct 24, 2008, 04:02 PM
if remember correctly in PSO if you got KOed or TPK then you lost the money you where carrying which made money storage a must.

that is true but i think that only happened during the following:
1.You was soloing and you had no more scapes
2. you was in a party and no one could revive u

although that would be fun to have in a event that wont let you leave the mission until done
but they made the game too easy so that wouldnt work so well

it would b an improvement

Neon Dhrak
Oct 24, 2008, 04:09 PM
I would like it where you had to find them out and about, cause that would make you more bent on keeping your butt alive without relying on your stack of scape dolls

Tetsaru
Oct 24, 2008, 09:13 PM
I would LOVE to see Scape Dolls removed from the NPC shops, and have them the way they were in the PSO days... although MAYBE allow them to stack for inventory purposes. A true KO'd state never seems to occur anymore nowadays since there's more meseta floating around, and people can buy Scape Dolls whenever the hell they want to. When's the last time you had to use a Moon Atomizer on someone?

And so what if that would make it harder to solo? All the more reason to level up and play your class better. S rank items should be EARNED, not common to point where everyone and their grandma has one. That makes all the A rank items - the ones that SHOULD be common - essentially useless. Furthermore, if an item is difficult to obtain by yourself, then that would encourage more cooperation in parties, which is how an online game SHOULD be. If you like playing by yourself, go play some Zelda or something. =/

Death just doesn't exist anymore in this game, it seems. You may as well call Scape Dolls "delayed Trimates." o_o;

Noblewine
Oct 24, 2008, 11:08 PM
Why remove it, its a part of the game. It was even in NPC shops back then before AoI why would they wanna remove it. Before AoI was released I use spam missions that dropped scape dolls at the boss box. I collected alot of them.

Xefi
Oct 25, 2008, 12:47 AM
i'm neutral on this scape doll trauma.
Removing it or not from the npc doesn't
affect me that much. I really don't like
buying scape doll at the npc though
because i like to save mesetas... :E

pikachief
Oct 25, 2008, 01:10 AM
I'm sure what they COULD do is make it like changing classes where the higher lvl you are, the more scape dolls cost!

they COULD do it it >.> but they most likely wont :/

darkante
Oct 25, 2008, 01:40 AM
eventually people run out of moons in a mission too so....

So..going back to town to restock isnīt a available option? XD Hehe :P

Eidolus_Dyne
Oct 25, 2008, 03:19 AM
To be honest, I wish all items were standardized. Like, if you could customize which items you want to carry with you, and got a set amount at the beginning of every mission. Scapes would cost more "item points" so that carrying more might mean carrying less of other items... or something. But meant you didn't have to stock up every single time, but also that you'd have to do a straight run at a mission.

Also freakin' dodge roll so we can actually not die when the enemies are cheap. C'mon, evasive PA's? Why not?

darkante
Oct 25, 2008, 08:56 AM
To be honest, I wish all items were standardized. Like, if you could customize which items you want to carry with you, and got a set amount at the beginning of every mission. Scapes would cost more "item points" so that carrying more might mean carrying less of other items... or something. But meant you didn't have to stock up every single time, but also that you'd have to do a straight run at a mission.

Also freakin' dodge roll so we can actually not die when the enemies are cheap. C'mon, evasive PA's? Why not?

Evasive PA aye...well if every hunter class would have a double saber then you do have the lol Tornado Dance, but i see your point.

A evasion P.A should be leveled by how many times you block, and canīt hurt a fly.
Basicely, it should be a teleport P.A of some sort.

Eidolus_Dyne
Oct 25, 2008, 06:49 PM
Evasive PA aye...well if every hunter class would have a double saber then you do have the lol Tornado Dance, but i see your point.

A evasion P.A should be leveled by how many times you block, and canīt hurt a fly.
Basicely, it should be a teleport P.A of some sort.

Yeah, and you know... if they took advantage of how many buttons there actually could be. Like if you had 3 PA slots on two handed weapons instead of 1 (like rods) and 1 extra PA slot on single handguns. There'd be room to add a variety of evasive or defensive PAs, or just use more attack PAs. I know I always want to use all my PAs at once, on each of my characters I have like 2-3 of my favorite weapon that I have all the PAs for, but the load time is so slow I can't really use them all effectively like I would prefer.

But I'm the kind of guy who wants to change this game around a lot. Things like the evasion stat should effect the range of your evasive/defensive moves, and attack accuracy should be what deals damage for ranged weapons. No more "missed 'cause the dice said you did" garbage.

If the above changes were made, placing PSU in more of the "action-side" of the Action RPG genre, and it would be ... OVER 9000!!! times better. SRSLY.

The sad thing is, there is no other game like it. So even though I'm complaining about how PSU isn't exactly the game I'd like to play it's not like I can just quit and play some other online game.

Delete
Oct 26, 2008, 06:20 PM
It would matter if half the people i play with even used the dam things. Seriously, someone in my party get killed by megid or owned by all 3 magashis, i tend to see there character stay on the ground. Maybe they should make these things free (not really) so people will actually have em.

darkante
Oct 26, 2008, 11:29 PM
It would matter if half the people i play with even used the dam things. Seriously, someone in my party get killed by megid or owned by all 3 magashis, i tend to see there character stay on the ground. Maybe they should make these things free (not really) so people will actually have em.

Those people are idiots for not letting other to know that they donīt have any Scape Dolls on them and would like to be revived instead.
But then again..by the time you can do S2 missions, you can easiely afford Scape dolls...auuh sigh.

Kylie
Oct 26, 2008, 11:35 PM
I don't think it's a bad thing, but I do remember the days where it was a struggle to get a full stack of scapes after every run. Maybe they got too easy to get. I don't think that negatively affects the game play too much though because having to moon or giresta people gets annoying, but having them cost more would be a good thing because we need more money sinks.

DreXxiN
Oct 27, 2008, 12:59 AM
I don't think it's a bad thing, but I do remember the days where it was a struggle to get a full stack of scapes after every run. Maybe they got too easy to get. I don't think that negatively affects the game play too much though because having to moon or giresta people gets annoying, but having them cost more would be a good thing because we need more money sinks.

Mooning or Giresta isn't ANNOYING, it promotes teamwork doesn't it? o_O

Arika
Oct 27, 2008, 02:42 AM
It is all futile talk, but well.. actually, if they could reduced all item to limited at 5 instead of 20 or 10, it would support team work more than enough.
Let 1 person can take only 5 trimate, 5 PPrecharge. 5 sol-amonizer, 5 agitrade. This, will stop many people from solo, because they don't like to restock during the mission. (just like way back when monster just reach lv 100, very few people can solo, and they usually spend 10 mate during the run if they are fighter class.)
More importantly, limited scapedoll to 1 at max, and not allow NPC to sell them.

That would make this game turn into the like of monster hunter lol. (but might still easier tho)

anyway, it is impossible for ST to nerf those stuff. They don't want to hear many people complain. (since they are many people who like easy mode too)

Raveno
Oct 30, 2008, 10:00 AM
I say they throw out scape dolls all together

atleast at the NPC!

Marron_Shido
Oct 31, 2008, 11:17 AM
I couldn't agree more. :D

Neon Dhrak
Oct 31, 2008, 03:35 PM
ditto

MSAksion
Oct 31, 2008, 08:55 PM
Scape dolls make the game a bit TOO EASY. Here is why - a team should have some MAGIC USERS. What team goes into battle without a TECHER on hand with GIRESTA.

Also - ever since Remedy or was it Cherry i dont remember which but one of them posted a great video about RESTA vs GIRESTA. From then on i figure any TECHER worth their Photons better get GIRESTA.

If that were the case and we all had GIRESTA thats an unlimited amount of scape dolls for the team. You kill monsters i bring you back to life then continue my magical bombardment.

Also - what team does not have at least two techers? Acro, Forte, Gun, War or laster on MASTER? Even masterforce can use Giresta level one so no excuses.

Problem - Scape dolls allow for SUICIDAL rushes into fights without proper team support.
Solution - every techer get GIRESTA. Revive that foolish Nanoblasting beastie from the dead.

mizukage
Oct 31, 2008, 10:50 PM
Scapedolls tend to make the game easier, because it allows the team members to go kamikaze mode and it also allows improper equipment to survive. Personally, I always forget to buy the scapedolls until the game over screen.

Neon Dhrak
Nov 1, 2008, 12:15 PM
Scapedolls tend to make the game easier, because it allows the team members to go kamikaze mode and it also allows improper equipment to survive. Personally, I always forget to buy the scapedolls until the game over screen.

LMAO! i know what you mean... its right at that point you go "oh THATS what i forgot, hahaha..... oh F#@K!" but at times kamikaze mode is fun too, but it doesnt work all the time