PDA

View Full Version : Could we ever get a meseta value extension?

TJ-Money
Oct 24, 2008, 06:11 PM
I am wondering if there will ever be an increase in place values for meseta because it is getting a little crazy to try and buy and sell items through this site. Or is the cheapest item going to be 99,999,999.

Just wondering.

pikachief
Oct 24, 2008, 06:43 PM
this was brought up in a japanese interview and i believe they said that it would be a long time for it to happen and it would take a very large update :/

so if what they're making next is a new expansion, it will come in that :/

fay
Oct 24, 2008, 07:20 PM
since peopel are selling things for more than a stack it would be useful but lets be serious.
the peopel in this game are greedy. i dont care what item it is you have. wither it be a spread needle 10/10 or love inferno 10/10. there is not one item in this game thats worth more than a stack.

if there was items in this game that were ment to be sold at more than a stack then sega would have originally put the max amount of mesata higher.

greed, pure greed

str898mustang
Oct 24, 2008, 07:44 PM
since peopel are selling things for more than a stack it would be useful but lets be serious.
the peopel in this game are greedy. i dont care what item it is you have. wither it be a spread needle 10/10 or love inferno 10/10. there is not one item in this game thats worth more than a stack.

if there was items in this game that were ment to be sold at more than a stack then sega would have originally put the max amount of mesata higher.

greed, pure greed

Scenario:

Seller "Selling ?????, Let me hear offers!"
First person-"I offer 50mil for it"\
2nd Person -"I'll offer 75mil for it!"
First Person -"I'll offer a stack for it!"
2nd Person -"I'll offer 110mil!!"

Yes things can sell for over a stack. I'm sorry your don't have a lot of money.

RemiusTA
Oct 24, 2008, 08:00 PM
Its called Natural Inflation, fay.

mvffin
Oct 26, 2008, 03:22 AM
Think about it. What do people do to get money? run missions. Every time you run a mission, you get a little bit of money. Well, when there's a thousand or more people running missions, ALL THE TIME, getting more and more money, the prices on everything go up because there's more money available. Also selling junk like Junaline/Merculine to the NPC adds a few K's here and there.

Just because 80% of the money belongs to 20% of the players doesn't mean everything is overpriced. it means some people have too much money and don't care how much they spend, and others who don't know/manipulate the system, or don't get lucky, end up even lower on the chain. = \

Gen2000
Oct 26, 2008, 10:22 PM
The problem is also lack of good meseta sinks.

Anyways, IIRC they said they couldn't add an extra digit because it would mess up other things. A BS excuse mainly.

Xaeris
Oct 26, 2008, 11:19 PM
From a programming perspective, that's actually quite a reasonable excuse.

Kylie
Oct 26, 2008, 11:42 PM
this was brought up in a japanese interview and i believe they said that it would be a long time for it to happen and it would take a very large update :/

so if what they're making next is a new expansion, it will come in that :/
Yeah, if they ever decided to make another expansion (*crosses fingers*), that would be the best time to expect an update like this.

LOL
Oct 26, 2008, 11:47 PM
Condense everybody's money (99,999,999 drops to 49,999,999) and trickle the flow of in game Meseta.

Gloveboy
Oct 27, 2008, 12:37 AM
Dont let sega think you want to be taxed. im just your average joe the plumber. leave it alone :)

MegaZoneXE
Oct 27, 2008, 12:45 AM
hmmm should "items" ( items that are not in any NPC store) come with a price limit? A fixed price limit i mean.

EMPYREAN
Oct 27, 2008, 03:30 AM
hmmm should "items" ( items that are not in any NPC store) come with a price limit? A fixed price limit i mean.

on weps, unit and armour, no.

if they would, then they would need 40 different prices for the amount of % on a mele wep or an armour + u need 10 different prises depending on the current grind and 10 different prices depending on wht is the max grinds u can get on the wep.

allso a rare wep/armour/unit is normaly alot more worth regardless of C-S becouse no1 elses has it/bothers to hunt for it so i dont think a system like the 1 u want will work at all.

DarkEliteRico
Oct 27, 2008, 05:27 AM
Dont let sega think you want to be taxed. im just your average joe the plumber. leave it alone :)oh fuck joe the plumber...and his no license having ass lol.

I'll represent joe-six-pack instead :-D:bday:

toxic_rf
Oct 27, 2008, 09:25 AM
Create an item that you can buy from the NPC for 99,999,999, and that sells to the NPC for 99,999,999.

Scenario: "I'll trade you a [insert name of 99,999,999 item here] and 30 million for that rare weapon!"

Once you have sold your rare weapon and putting the 30 million away, take the [insert name of 99,999,999 item here] to the NPC and sell it for your 99 million, or just put it in your PM for safe keeping.

Raveno
Oct 27, 2008, 11:05 AM
couldn't they make the items from the nps (like mates, scapes) much more expensive? say by 3, 4, 5 times? making it cost more to run missions...

Transgamergurl
Oct 27, 2008, 11:26 AM
I blame most of this overpricing to AOI. Does anyone remember how much Pannons used to drop on Liner Line C? like 8-15 mesta. Now they are dropping around 200-300 and that is just a C mission. I have seen some of the bigger monsters dropping 30k before. Simply put its alot easier to aquire mesta now.
Pre-Expansion it was more difficult for average players to get large sums of money. I used to grind missions over and over just to save for that one item i wanted. Now i can take my time with missions and get more meseta with less effort. Not that getting more money is a bad thing, but it is natural that if your population has more money than it did, one can only assume that you must rasie prices on stuff to compestate for inflation. Now its just gotten to the point where more and more ppl have more than a stack of mesta lying around. You could try and sell items for what you think they should be at, but if you sold lets say a Red / Knight for 20mill..all that would happen is someone would come buy it and then post offers to sell for 300mill+. What i am trying to say is you have to go along with it, will do no good to try to counter that.
Only resonable countermeasure i see is to lower the meseta drops. Over time it will force people to spend more wisely than how they currently are. If you can work a weekend and get well over a stack of money you might be more likly to just blow it quicker than if you took a couple of weeks to save that amount. I'm not saying this will happen or it should happen but just throwing out my perspective on the matter.

str898mustang
Oct 27, 2008, 11:37 AM
You want money to go down? Put catilium, base S's and other materials in the NPC shops.

Akumamaru
Oct 28, 2008, 02:47 AM
either that or make rares drop more frequently *coughred/knightcoughcough*

Masterflower
Oct 29, 2008, 08:20 AM
I am wondering if there will ever be an increase in place values for meseta because it is getting a little crazy to try and buy and sell items through this site. Or is the cheapest item going to be 99,999,999.

Just wondering.

The fact that anyone has 99,999,999 meseta is beyond me, that is should be on every lvls nearly impossible to attain overtime. Ppl that pay for those 20 mil+ items dont help with this either. Meseta at this point is useless on the PC/PS2 side because almost everyone has items they wanted. This last wep i want is an agito repca but im going to pay 50mil+ for one because an item is an item of data and nothing more. I will eventually get one when the time is right o.o

Dont let sega think you want to be taxed. im just your average joe the plumber. leave it alone :)

Thats an excellent idea, Sega should tax items like the way SE taxed items in Jeuno :D, that would surely help with the overpriced items

amtalx
Oct 29, 2008, 08:38 AM
either that or make rares drop more frequently *coughred/knightcoughcough*

The answer is NOT to make everything easy to obtain. I haven't logged into the 360 servers for about 2 weeks, and even when I do log in, I don't play for very long. You don't hear me bitching about how I don't have certain items. Why? Because I'm not doing the work necessary to earn them. If you don't bust your ass hunting PF, you don't deserve one. Plain and simple.

Dark Emerald EXE
Oct 29, 2008, 07:53 PM
The answer is NOT to make everything easy to obtain. I haven't logged into the 360 servers for about 2 weeks, and even when I do log in, I don't play for very long. You don't hear me bitching about how I don't have certain items. Why? Because I'm not doing the work necessary to earn them. If you don't bust your ass hunting PF, you don't deserve one. Plain and simple.

I second this ^_^

furrypaws
Oct 29, 2008, 08:21 PM
I blame most of this overpricing to AOI. Does anyone remember how much Pannons used to drop on Liner Line C? like 8-15 mesta. Now they are dropping around 200-300 and that is just a C mission. I have seen some of the bigger monsters dropping 30k before. Simply put its alot easier to aquire mesta now.
Pre-Expansion it was more difficult for average players to get large sums of money. I used to grind missions over and over just to save for that one item i wanted. Now i can take my time with missions and get more meseta with less effort. Not that getting more money is a bad thing, but it is natural that if your population has more money than it did, one can only assume that you must rasie prices on stuff to compestate for inflation. Now its just gotten to the point where more and more ppl have more than a stack of mesta lying around. You could try and sell items for what you think they should be at, but if you sold lets say a Red / Knight for 20mill..all that would happen is someone would come buy it and then post offers to sell for 300mill+. What i am trying to say is you have to go along with it, will do no good to try to counter that.
Only resonable countermeasure i see is to lower the meseta drops. Over time it will force people to spend more wisely than how they currently are. If you can work a weekend and get well over a stack of money you might be more likly to just blow it quicker than if you took a couple of weeks to save that amount. I'm not saying this will happen or it should happen but just throwing out my perspective on the matter.

But, the thing with this is, this is what caused our economy to take the super huge inflation in the first place. Of course I remember the little meseta and little experience (I'm getting more from B missions that I used to from S2 XD), I also remember elemental photons going for 10k+ and the massive amount of haxeta going around due to it being impossible to get meseta any other (legitimate) way. They need to strike a balance, or do something similar to WoW and make the very best items soulbound or whatever it was called, so there's still reason to get out there and hunt.

afterthoughtz
Oct 31, 2008, 05:35 PM
I want to know how it is you guys make a crazy amount of meseta, i see some people spending meseta like they have a secret meseta tree, then i try hard to save up but i'm always broke, so whats the trick???

Inazuma
Oct 31, 2008, 06:17 PM
I want to know how it is you guys make a crazy amount of meseta, i see some people spending meseta like they have a secret meseta tree, then i try hard to save up but i'm always broke, so whats the trick???

speaking from my own experience, there are 2 parts to making meseta.
first off, i try to figure out which mission pays out the most meseta in the least amount of time. so for example, if i can make meseta the fastest from hunting armasline boards in seed express, i will spam that mission constantly until it stops being the best mission to do. as for the ideal number of party members, that depends on how fast you kill monsters compared to others. the stronger you are, the smaller your party should be and vice versa.

now after youve made a lot of meseta and bought nice equipment w/ it, anytime you upgrade your equip in the future, you can sell your old stuff and get lots of meseta back. so if im using a dark armasline 32%, i can spend 60 mill on a 34% armasline, then sell my old 32% for 50 mill.

playtime is a big factor too, of course. the more time you put into the game, the stronger/richer you will become. i think ive played around 7k total hours of psu myself.

Squeezit
Nov 1, 2008, 11:47 AM
Scenario:

Seller "Selling ?????, Let me hear offers!"
First person-"I offer 50mil for it"\
2nd Person -"I'll offer 75mil for it!"
First Person -"I'll offer a stack for it!"
2nd Person -"I'll offer 110mil!!"

Yes things can sell for over a stack. I'm sorry your don't have a lot of money.

i have plenty of money, yet i still never sell any item over 30 mill. thats my top selling price, hell even rucar when it was worth 99 mill, i still only sold mine for 20 mill.
well one of mine, i kept my other one

toxic_rf
Jan 12, 2009, 09:37 AM
Create an item that you can buy from the NPC for 99,999,999, and that sells to the NPC for 99,999,999.

Scenario: "I'll trade you a [insert name of 99,999,999 item here] and 30 million for that rare weapon!"

Once you have sold your rare weapon and putting the 30 million away, take the [insert name of 99,999,999 item here] to the NPC and sell it for your 99 million, or just put it in your PM for safe keeping.

Alright, I called it.

http://psupedia.info/Gold_Bar

Not quite for 99 million, but I got the concept spot on.

overstockr1
Jan 12, 2009, 11:38 AM
Ill tell you why the economy is so bad its because people are economically stupid!
Wow a sword of ham bone dropped I'm going to sale that for a trillion bucks.
And it 36% light wow.

PS: YOU CANT FIX STUPID ITS A FACT!

Smidge204
Jan 12, 2009, 12:21 PM
The economy is so bad because money and valuable items are far too common. It's too easy to make embarrassing amounts of money (Except for maybe the first 30 levels or so of your first character) and there's nothing to spend it on that doesn't put the money in someone else's coffer. The result is that money accumulates and loses value - a.k.a. inflation.

I can hardly wait to see Gold Bars selling in player shops for over 10 mil. You know someone will be stupid enough to buy 'em.
=Smidge=

Shou
Jan 12, 2009, 12:28 PM
I REALLY dont understand why people think items arrent worth a stack. Getting 99mil is WAY easier than getting allot of items (with or without grinds) in this game.

Calsetes
Jan 12, 2009, 12:49 PM
I'm still fairly convinced almost all (note: almost, not everyone) the people who have these stacks upon stacks upon stacks of meseta had to have either bought them from some website somewhere when PSU was actually popular, or were extremely lucky to have a few "rich" friends quit and give them all their money. I know it's extremely hard to make money in the game, simply because of these scenarios:

1.) Join an S2 mission, get booted 3 minutes later because you don't have 50% weapons.

2.) Join an S2 mission, get booted because "You're not one of my friends, and you might get what I want, so I'll boot you after the boss."

3.) Join a mission , fight the boss and die 3 times at him, then get nothing because you joined at the end and everyone left after that.

Again, not saying it's not possible to legitimately get 100 million in the game, I just doubt that so many people did. If they're looking to spend some, I would highly recommend investing it in a very nice person who could be lacking funds to do much of anything (i.e. me, or one of the many many other people who seem to be on the continual short end of the stick).

Smidge204
Jan 12, 2009, 12:55 PM
Not quote sure how to read that...

No item should be worth a whole stack of Meseta. Not because the item should be considered less valuable, but because Meseta should be considered more valuable. It should not be easier to get 99mil than to get a particular item.

Fortunately the in-game economy is mostly superficial, thanks to the fixed prices at NPC shops, otherwise we might be headed in a direction similar to Zimbabwe.

Edit: I don't know, Calsetes. Going solo I can pull down almost a mil a day without much of a problem if I tried, and I have only one character (level 111). I can easily see how someone who maxed out their character early on and has been playing it ever since can end up with more cash than they know what to do with.
=Smidge=

Magician
Jan 12, 2009, 01:40 PM
I know it's extremely hard to make money in the game...

Pre-AoI, yeah, earning a million meseta was work. But now, not really; once you hit character level one-hundred (high enough to do the expansion missions on s2), there's no reason you shouldn't be earning a million meseta in a four hour session. That's solo; of course you'll earn less if you're playing in large parties because you have to share the spoils.

But back to the main point. I would like to see three digits added to the player store system.

There are items worth more than 99 million meseta, but not 999 billion meseta.

Do it, Segac.

beatrixkiddo
Jan 12, 2009, 01:49 PM
I'm still fairly convinced almost all (note: almost, not everyone) the people who have these stacks upon stacks upon stacks of meseta had to have either bought them from some website somewhere when PSU was actually popular, or were extremely lucky to have a few "rich" friends quit and give them all their money. I know it's extremely hard to make money in the game, simply because of these scenarios:

1.) Join an S2 mission, get booted 3 minutes later because you don't have 50% weapons.

2.) Join an S2 mission, get booted because "You're not one of my friends, and you might get what I want, so I'll boot you after the boss."

3.) Join a mission , fight the boss and die 3 times at him, then get nothing because you joined at the end and everyone left after that.

Again, not saying it's not possible to legitimately get 100 million in the game, I just doubt that so many people did. If they're looking to spend some, I would highly recommend investing it in a very nice person who could be lacking funds to do much of anything (i.e. me, or one of the many many other people who seem to be on the continual short end of the stick).

I know I want to give money to people who question the legitimacy of my meseta, I'm not sure why anyone else wouldn't!

Calsetes
Jan 12, 2009, 01:53 PM
The only problem with that is you can't really solo unless you've got the 50% armor and weapons, which is where you need money to acquire them, which is why you need to solo...

Then again, you may have a point, since for the last 10-15 levels or so I've been using a Fighgunner with no leveled bullets or PAs, and they seem wafer-thin compared to my Fortefighter. I'll hold off on my complaining until I try again, this time with someone who doesn't die in one blow from a large mob.

Edit: I said most, not all. If you got yours honestly, then props to you. I'm just talking about the people who seem to have no problem buying things en masse that cost 40 million each and brag about having 30 sets of armor for different reasons, all at 50% for each element and don't see why everyone shouldn't have that.

They're the ones I'm complaining about.

Smidge204
Jan 12, 2009, 01:59 PM
They could just nerf the meseta drops and the problem will solve itself eventually.

People will always spend money on NPC items (synth mats and consumables) which is a slow but steady money drain. Cutting the size of meseta drops on higher levels would put a much needed pinch on some people's pocketbooks without hurting the new player.
=Smidge=

amtalx
Jan 12, 2009, 02:44 PM
They could just nerf the meseta drops and the problem will solve itself eventually.

People will always spend money on NPC items (synth mats and consumables) which is a slow but steady money drain. Cutting the size of meseta drops on higher levels would put a much needed pinch on some people's pocketbooks without hurting the new player.
=Smidge=

It doesn't quite work that way. If inflation is a problem, paying everyone less isn't the way to fix it.

desturel
Jan 12, 2009, 02:46 PM
The only problem with that is you can't really solo unless you've got the 50% armor and weapons

Maybe you should change the way you are playing if you can't solo without 50% weapons and armor.

There is only one mission that is currently out that I have difficulty soloing as a neuman masterforce. Bladed Legacy (the Magashi room without Regrant is a PITA sometimes). All of the other missions are a matter of time spent (Flowery Pursuit is pretty time consuming due to the Armed Servent Ozuna taking half damage and healing constantly) or patience (fighting Bead Groode or Shinowa require a hit and run strategy that needs a bit of patience that most of the fighters I run with don't posses).

Unless you consider "really" soloing to be a 10 minute or less runs. Most of the runs I solo take around 20~30 mins depending on the mission. There are a few 10~15 min missions such as Sleeping Warriors and True Darkness, but those missions don't really count for much.

Dark Emerald EXE
Jan 12, 2009, 02:53 PM
Maybe you should change the way you are playing if you can't solo without 50% weapons and armor.

There is only one mission that is currently out that I have difficulty soloing as a neuman masterforce. Bladed Legacy (the Magashi room without Regrant is a PITA sometimes). All of the other missions are a matter of time spent (Flowery Pursuit is pretty time consuming due to the Armed Servent Ozuna taking half damage and healing constantly) or patience (fighting Bead Groode or Shinowa require a hit and run strategy that needs a bit of patience that most of the fighters I run with don't posses).

Unless you consider "really" soloing to be a 10 minute or less runs. Most of the runs I solo take around 20~30 mins depending on the mission. There are a few 10~15 min missions such as Sleeping Warriors and True Darkness, but those missions don't really count for much.

Me personaly As long as the armor is atleast 20% then im fine with it. The only missions i've actually timed was True Darkness on S2 i can beat the level itself in 4-5 mins (depending if i got those bullet resistant monsters or not) As for dulk falkis too probably 10 all 2gether but i dont normally do the boss since when i do go to TD its for agito repca. Most things dont hit me anyone with the exception of megid but i dont i rarely get 1 shotted on my F Cast GM for some reason o.o

desturel
Jan 12, 2009, 02:53 PM
It doesn't quite work that way. If inflation is a problem, paying everyone less isn't the way to fix it.

Inflation can be fixed by stabilizing prices through alternative channels. For the most part, inflation in this game is really limited to a select few items. In general most items in the game have actually dropped in price dramatically.

I'm sure you remember the days of the 300k 0/10 Phantom. The 20 mil Giga/Bullet PP Save. Even more recently the 10 million 0/10 Blackbull. Now you can barely sell these items for much more than the NPC buy back price (the Blackbull will go back up in price after GBR is complete, but for how long?)

Dark Emerald EXE
Jan 12, 2009, 03:01 PM
Inflation can be fixed by stabilizing prices through alternative channels. For the most part, inflation in this game is really limited to a select few items. In general most items in the game have actually dropped in price dramatically.

I'm sure you remember the days of the 300k 0/10 Phantom. The 20 mil Giga/Bullet PP Save. Even more recently the 10 million 0/10 Blackbull. Now you can barely sell these items for much more than the NPC buy back price (the Blackbull will go back up in price after GBR is complete, but for how long?)

Before GBR i still didnt understand why blackbulls cost so much
If i needed one i just went and did TD S and i would eventually found boards like ever other 3 missions.....

eh i really dont care at the point
I have like like 10 premade 0/10 blackbulls from IS and like 30 boards that I have yet to make
If they make those drastically go up that will be sad.......but on a good personal note i could get money from that :P

rayner
Jan 12, 2009, 03:03 PM

=Smidge=

I would like to see more synthesis materials in shops as a way to syphon meseta out of the system. I mean if we don't buy NPC items, the meseta we find is just being transfered between each other... that's why prices keep increasing. Here's an example with conservative numbers:

Say there are 1000 players online averaging 100,000 meseta ( from drops and mission rewards ) per hour, 100,000,000 meseta is being added to the system every hour, 2.4 billion meseta a day, 72 billion meseta a month... this meseta is just being transfered between players...

Calsetes
Jan 12, 2009, 03:03 PM
I'm sure I could solo S2 missions on my own (well, some of them, at least) but it takes me a lot longer than the 20-30 minutes you're quoting (especially since I'm only level 107, and a Fortefighter at that). Like I said though, I'll hold off on my complaints until I try again as a class that I've actually played a good bit and have equipment that I'm more familiar with, maybe I'll have better luck then.

Edit: I like your idea, Rubicon. If an NPC sells item X for.... let's say 100k meseta each, then players will at most set their items for 100k each as well, if not lower. I know when I'm looking for equipment to feed to my 2 PMs that still need a lot of work put into them, I never go anywhere near spending as much as buying something from an NPC when looking in player shops. Having something sold in a shop is a safeguard against hugely overpriced items (assuming that the information is well-known that it's cheaper at an NPC). They just have to have a limit on what exactly should go in a shop (obviously some of the more rare things should stay as a "drop-only" item).

Smidge204
Jan 12, 2009, 03:13 PM

Reducing the money supply is, in fact, one very valid way to fight inflation. It's the one employed by most major governments throughout the world - though indirectly through raising interest rates. Since money int he game quite literally grows on trees, the only solution is deforestation (eg: nerf money drops).

Don't bitch about "paying everyone less" - it's not a job. You're not earning a salary. Over a period of time prices for high-end items will adjust to be more proportional to what high-end users can afford, because the money as an item will be more valuable.

Prices are high because there is too much meseta in circulation. Either you restrict the supply or find ways to drain it. Or both.
=Smidge=

Dark Emerald EXE
Jan 12, 2009, 03:20 PM
I'm sure I could solo S2 missions on my own (well, some of them, at least) but it takes me a lot longer than the 20-30 minutes you're quoting (especially since I'm only level 107, and a Fortefighter at that). Like I said though, I'll hold off on my complaints until I try again as a class that I've actually played a good bit and have equipment that I'm more familiar with, maybe I'll have better luck then.

Edit: I like your idea, Rubicon. If an NPC sells item X for.... let's say 100k meseta each, then players will at most set their items for 100k each as well, if not lower. I know when I'm looking for equipment to feed to my 2 PMs that still need a lot of work put into them, I never go anywhere near spending as much as buying something from an NPC when looking in player shops. Having something sold in a shop is a safeguard against hugely overpriced items (assuming that the information is well-known that it's cheaper at an NPC). They just have to have a limit on what exactly should go in a shop (obviously some of the more rare things should stay as a "drop-only" item).

There are some missions that great for fortefighters to solo on and at great time too. It just depends on the level.

Like for me im a gunner now....and even if im not soloing i dont see severe issues with anything im killing....even if it bullet resistant....most of the time KS takes care of that but it all depends....

The only mission i havent timed myself at that i really want to do is
Desert Goliath on my gunmaster. I have the weapons but my grav shot isnt 31 yet so imma wait to do that. my other grounds (Twin grav and barada diga) are 31+ except for grav prism which is 25 but i dont think i'll b using that since most of the things in that run except for the cast are machine anyway

desturel
Jan 12, 2009, 03:28 PM
Tt takes me a lot longer than the 20-30 minutes you're quoting (especially since I'm only level 107, and a Fortefighter at that).

There are more than a few FF soloable missions where you can make a good chunk of meseta in less than 20 minutes, but it depends on the arts you are using. Even if you aren't using the Jabroga/Majarra machine, you shouldn't have too many problems. Remember to stick to missions within your level range. Forces do have a bit of an advantage on fighters when it comes to fighting creatures 30+ levels higher than them, but you have the HP to make up for the additional hits you'll be taking.

I'd say start off at Awoken Serpent S2 and The Dark God S. Those are good money missions that can be soloed as a fortefighter relatively easily. Just remember to bring a handgun or two for the bosses.

If you are soloing, you don't have to do the popular runs. If you WANT to do White Beast and Seed Express S2 solo as a level 107 fortefighter, be sure to prep for the run properly. This doesn't just mean getting 50% weapons and armor, it means having the right skills leveled up. Assault Crush (Komazli/Bal Soza killer), Bogga Zubba (Seed Ardite, Kakwane, DelJaban, Volfu), Bogga Robaddo (Golmoro because of the quick step forward), Dus Robaddo (Bel Pannon is small areas), Renzan Seidan-ga (alternate to Bogga Robaddo/Assault Crush), and even Rising Strike are good safe alternatives/additions to Jabroga/Majarra when running solo that don't require PA frags.

Dark Emerald EXE
Jan 12, 2009, 03:31 PM
There are more than a few FF soloable missions where you can make a good chunk of meseta in less than 20 minutes, but it depends on the arts you are using. Even if you aren't using the Jabroga/Majarra machine, you shouldn't have too many problems. Remember to stick to missions within your level range. Forces do have a bit of an advantage on fighters when it comes to fighting creatures 30+ levels higher than them, but you have the HP to make up for the additional hits you'll be taking.

I'd say start off at Awoken Serpent S2 and The Dark God S. Those are good money missions that can be soloed as a fortefighter relatively easily. Just remember to bring a handgun or two for the bosses.

If you are soloing, you don't have to do the popular runs. If you WANT to do White Beast and Seed Express S2 solo as a level 107 fortefighter, be sure to prep for the run properly. This doesn't just mean getting 50% weapons and armor, it means having the right skills leveled up. Assault Crush (Komazli/Bal Soza killer), Bogga Zubba (Seed Ardite, Kakwane, DelJaban, Volfu), Bogga Robaddo (Golmoro because of the quick step forward), Dus Robaddo (Bel Pannon is small areas), Renzan Seidan-ga (alternate to Bogga Robaddo/Assault Crush), and even Rising Strike are good safe alternatives/additions to Jabroga/Majarra when running solo that don't require PA frags.

These are actually great places to start
Beware of the Delnadians :o

Calsetes
Jan 12, 2009, 03:38 PM
Cool, thanks for the info guys.

I prefer to stick to sword weapons, so right now my heavy-hitting PAs are Gravity Break, Cross Hurricane, Assault Crush (I think that's the dashing one?) and Spinning Strike (once I get that to 11, at least). I also just picked up Mayalee Hit for my handguns, which according to what I've read, sounds like it absorbs HP. I figure as cheap as I am, I wouldn't mind swapping out my skill save for a bullet save and tagging enemies with that when I need health.

Quick question about Awoken Serpent - that's on Neudaiz, right? Been out of the game awhile, so I don't know exactly what's been added where since I left.... but I think I already solo'ed Dark God C the other night when I was bored, just to mark the lobby.

Smidge204
Jan 12, 2009, 03:44 PM
Moatoob. Start at the Granigs Area lobby.

=Smidge=

desturel
Jan 12, 2009, 04:28 PM
right now my heavy-hitting PAs are Gravity Break, Cross Hurricane, Assault Crush (I think that's the dashing one?) and Spinning Strike (once I get that to 11, at least). I also just picked up Mayalee Hit for my handguns, which according to what I've read, sounds like it absorbs HP. I figure as cheap as I am, I wouldn't mind swapping out my skill save for a bullet save and tagging enemies with that when I need health.

The PAs that you selected aren't great of soloing as a fortefighter.

Gravity Break is great for fighting things like Bil De Vear and lightning Jarba which are slower moving single hit point enemies, but is too slow for the Seed Ardite and Ubakrada you'll run up against in Seed Express and White Beast. Sure you'll kill them, but it's a factor of time, which you claim you are lacking in your solo times. Assault Crush is your better option for most of the single hit place creatures in these runs.

Your best multi creature hitting PA is Cross Hurricane. That's an okay PA for things like Bel Pannon, Golmoro, and Go Bajilla, but it's lacking in speed on creatures that can hit/knock you around in between the first and second part of the combo (such as Orcadillian, Del Jaban and Kakwane). You might want to work on Tornado Break which is a good sword based alternative to Dus Robaddo for the smaller creatures and Rising Strike for the medium creatures that can get in between cross Hurricane.

Spinning Strike is outdone in almost all areas by Rising Strike. The only time I see Spinning Strike as being useful is for knocking down Komazli without forcing them to dissappear on the second hit of the first part of the attack. However, there's so much wind up, that I'd rather use Assault Crush instead.

Splendor Crush isn't as good/powerful as Cross Hurricane, but it does have a bit more speed in the first two parts which would make it a utility alternative. Both are good at taking out Ubakrada.

Believe it or not, Gravity Strike is extremely useful against Seed Ardite and Ubakrada. You can maneuver out of the way of incoming attacks while still striking for a good amount of damage to two points on the legs.

For Seed Express I would suggest (all Swords and Sabers method):

Tornado Break for Bel Pannon
Rising Strike or Rising Crush for Orcadillan and Deljaban
Rising Crush or Gravity Strike for Seed Ardite
Assault Crush for Golmoro and Bal Soza
Rising Strike and running for Delnadian

Rising Hit is also decent for Delnadians as they will kill each other rather quickly, but don't rely on it.

Rising Strike for Mother Brain and her arms.

amtalx
Jan 12, 2009, 04:43 PM
Reducing the money supply is, in fact, one very valid way to fight inflation. It's the one employed by most major governments throughout the world - though indirectly through raising interest rates. Since money int he game quite literally grows on trees, the only solution is deforestation (eg: nerf money drops).

Don't bitch about "paying everyone less" - it's not a job. You're not earning a salary. Over a period of time prices for high-end items will adjust to be more proportional to what high-end users can afford, because the money as an item will be more valuable.

Prices are high because there is too much meseta in circulation. Either you restrict the supply or find ways to drain it. Or both.
=Smidge=

There's a difference between interest rates in a broad economy that actually has lending (unlike PSUs economy) and going out and telling people "You make 27k meseta in a run?? Now you make 15k. Deal with it."

Draining it is a much better solution. It doesn't really matter how much currency enters an economy as long as there is some entity on the other side taking out a similar amount.

Cujo
Jan 12, 2009, 09:32 PM

greed, pure greed

Thank You