PDA

View Full Version : Who/what inspires you?

ARASHIKAGE
Oct 26, 2008, 01:04 PM
So your a badass seed kill'n machine, 8min True Darkness runs, 20 min Electronic Brain, you can solo Bladed Legacy. How did you get this far? Why do you play the way you do? Sometimes a player come along and changes the way you look at your gaming style or how you feel about differnt classes/races.

Heres my personal list of the people that inspire me and why:

-Sturm (Showed me how versatile and powerful shotguns are)
-Astro (Hybrid class like Beast Fortgunner can solo with ease. And to never give up on your rare hunt)
-LaMB (Stand out, be differnt. Not to be discouraged with being Human Race. Oldschool melee PAs are worth leveling. And how fun Protranser can be)
-Aftermath (Level 40 megid before the tech lvling speed boost, enough said)
-Marron (Awesome support. Its not that heal heals you before you ask. Its that he heals you before your trimate does)
-ICECOLD (Inspires me to raise my PAs and go after high % and higher quality weapons)
-Cedicus (He brings the word slayer to a new level, inspires the hunter side in me)
-Artemisia (Many differnt chars. and play styles. He inspires me to be a collector and save the things might otherwise throw away)
ALPAL- (Say whats on your mind)
Grimace- (Role model for all techers. -Buff on the move style needs to be adopted by all forces- )

This is just a fraction of the people that affect my gaming experience. Not nearly enough players are mentioned here.

Genoa
Oct 26, 2008, 01:23 PM
Grimace made me jealous so I started tech leveling hardcore (doing it right now actually)
Other than that I'm pretty self-motivated ;)

Majarra
Oct 26, 2008, 01:37 PM
What motivates me you ask? Easy!

spear-[dus majarra. he has a nice ATT and ACC modifier and not to mention all elemental spears over 30%. My love]
and

axe-[this one you see has hax damage and can destroy any mob under 140-ish i believe? Not to mention it has no need for ACC meaning ill never miss! great for slaying dragons!]

RegulusHikari
Oct 26, 2008, 01:44 PM
Who inspires me? The few, the proud, the Leetest Men.

Rambo - For introducing me to PSO, letting me use and abuse his ventrilo server, and teaching me that if something didn't work, it was because I wasn't shouting loud enough. Valiant soldier in the War Against Faggot Gay in 07 (you know what I mean).
- "You must respond to every situation with extreme, overwhelming force."

Jose - For teaching me the values of Youtube, showing me how to properly wield an axe (upside-down), and bringing the chicken lizard into all of our lives. Oh, and the Spadacs, thanks for the Spadacs. Jose, because of you, my IQ is now 30 points less than when I first met you. I can't thank you enough.
- "Jose no amount of dis and dis can save you from dat."

Cracka J - For being the King Craska of Photoshop and my mugulus in crime in all my runs and mexican-bashing. Taught me the valuable and hard lesson in life: anything you can do, Cracka can do better and probably 13 times over.
- "Hi I'm Favors!"

Netallon - For nurturing this once frail, UMP-toting, spray and praying noob and making him into the formidible scout machine he is today. And for scaring Jose OFF THE INTERNET for one full week. Never forget.
- "FUCKING BULLSHIT!!"

Gnarrkill - For proving time and time again that if it's an MMO, it's free, and it's got bitches, it's worth playing for one week. Also for making the one and only CSS rap.
- "Everything is all Gnarrkill!!"

Laquill, the Legendary - For being the one and only, playing random soundclips where ever there was a Gnarrkill in need, and participating in the Great Berry Pieing of Dark Falz in 2008. Yes, he really is black.
- *insert Price is Right theme here*

ID - For being absolute, true TLM material from day 1. Knows that they drop on A, sorry no pics, I gave to my friends.
- "YOUUUUUUUUUUUUU!"

Deacon - Though you never came on vent, and will never read this message, you are the reason I have half the shit that I got from 1UP. MGG > Remedy
- "YEEEAAAHHHHH!"

And last, but certainly not least;

Dark Hope - Wherever you may be (sailing on a nuclear submarine), you made TLM what it is today and proved to each and every one of us that the mute button is priceless.
- "Did you get Balamb Garden yet?"

Well, it's certainly been a long two years... wait, what is this topic about again? :-?

Kylie
Oct 26, 2008, 02:01 PM
Well, I'll try to keep this short, so don't hate me if I don't mention you!

Jarek He makes the top of my list because he's one of the, if not the, best player I've met, and his amazing will and motivation has inspired me to strive for the best and to do my best. He's also give me great advice and support on things we didn't entirely agree on.

Logan Not only is he a joy to play with, but his choice to be different and a beast techer inspires me to think outside of the box and go with things that suit me and make me happy.

Potemkin He's hand's down my favorite person I've ever met online (sorry everyone else). :lol: Admittedly, he hasn't given me much inspiration on a skill level, but he's always been there for me on a personal level, which I think is more important.

People that dislike me This is a bit corny, but I've always been strongly motivated by people that didn't like me and attempted to cause conflict with me. I strive to overcome challenges, and every dagger in my back fuels the fire. This isn't just online people.

Myself What can I say? I'm a headstrong person, and I don't like to settle for anything less than perfect on my own. I'm also pretty independent--I rarely accept freebies from anyone, and I often put others before my own goals. Yet I still manage to take care of what I need to.

Others Uriko, Touka, Nanashi, Rumika, Yggdra, Eternum, Crozier, Romanos, Delsaber, Dragwind, Einhart, Xellos, Daelan MK III, Corey, Lakan, Artea, etc.

Fure_Rakune
Oct 26, 2008, 02:08 PM
:<
Baww.

Kylie
Oct 26, 2008, 02:10 PM
:<
Baww.
I can count on my hands how many times we've played together!

Fure_Rakune
Oct 26, 2008, 02:26 PM
Damn you have some creepy hands then.

Chris28
Oct 26, 2008, 06:09 PM
me myself and I

Neith
Oct 26, 2008, 08:04 PM
I could go on a huge list of who's been a good friend and so forth, but this is mainly for those who've inspired me to change the way I play. I'm very, very self-motivated so I tend to play my way over anyone elses, but there have been a few people who have influenced me.

Rain (AweOfShe)
- For convincing me (way back in v1) that Newmans could infact melee. I'd always played HUnewearl in PSO (because of corruptions, I had 3 high level HUneys on GC alone, and a Lv200 on BB), so I wanted to carry one of my PSO characters through to PSU.

Even though she's since been deleted, I stuck with Teika on PSU until Lv114, and even then, the only reason I deleted her was that she was too small. (She was Lv114 when the scales released, I was horrified she was only 4'11", so I deleted her. Call me crazy if you will.) I since remade a Newman for melee, based on my PSOGC HUnewearl, she's Lv118 so far and I have no current intent to delete her. I'd only even considered seriously going for Newman melee once I'd seen pics of the damage Rain was doing (and after playing with him for a few runs.)

Touka
- There's been two main things Touka has done that have changed the way I play. When I started on v1, I was an avid melee class user (see above paragraph). Unfortunately, I detested both gunners AND techers. Part of this was that I didn't really want to spend my time leveling bullets/techs, when I could be on a Hunter.

Anyway, Touka was determined to make me at least try and stick with either Techer or Gunner, so he let me use his account for a bit to try his high leveled ones. Needless to say, it literally took ONE run of Plains Overlord S2 as his Fortegunner to get me interested. I've gotta thank him for it, but he also helped me level some Photon Arts for both Techer and Gunner- for the latter to convince me to try it more. Again, he succeeded, and I now play Gunner and Techer a lot. In fact, Fortegunner is now my favourite class :lol:

Oh, before I forget- Touka also convinced me to start using a Shotgun. I had always used Crossbow instead, but after Touka mentioned that I should try a Shotgun, I picked one up and went to level it. Now I barely use Crossbows :lol:

He's also good at giving me advice on my playstyle, and which PA's are worth leveling. Considering he's assisted me with so much of PSU since the first day I started, he gets huge thanks (and hopefully a Psycho Wand, if I can get one to drop)

Kylie
- For starters, it'd look pretty awful if I didn't list you, after you mentioned me :wacko: Anyway, while Kylie hasn't changed the way I play, she's pretty much a reminder that there were still people worth playing with on PC/PS2. Plus, she's very easy to talk to, which made gaming with her an enjoyable experience.

Cracka_J
Oct 26, 2008, 09:16 PM
-Your mom for being there every time I needed a bad joke.

-The guy on the right for being the grinding pimp.

-Will Farrel and John C Reilly for writing the most epic of songs regarding boats and/or hoes.

Now for the serious ones:

Jose/Regulus for introducing me to vent and opening a whole new way to play PSU I didn't know existed. Said it before, I'll say it again, I would have been done with this game a long time ago were you guys not among the best players to game with. I'm not necessarily talking gameplay wise, but entertainment wise as well. From Jose deciding to AFK and go mow his yard during one of the first Fakis runs we did, to Regulus creating a shrine of failed Milla hunts in his room, you guys have never offered a dull minute of PSU gaming.

Netallon - for giving me constant competition and push as a fT to obtain the best. We'll miss ya (and continue to hope you'll be done with WAR by the time master classes arrive :D).

Altma aka Sumara - for being my constant irl friend, introducing me to PSO on DC, getting PSU on day 1 with me, and logging constant hours of lulz into vanilla before work/wow got their evil clutches on you. Wish ya still had time for PSU :(

Everyone else - for supplying the lulz. Whether I know you or not, if I've partied with you, seen you in game, in a lobby or read a post of yours on psow, chances are I've laughed at you, cause, well, to be blunt, I'm an asshole. I don't think I need anymore explanation then that. So please, continue doing what you do best, and I'll continue to laugh on my end. It's a win/win situation :)

Noblewine
Oct 26, 2008, 09:28 PM
1up event It taught me alot after so many hours of running through all four missions.

Tetsaru
Oct 26, 2008, 09:58 PM
I also look up to Sturm and Astro for the same reasons as ARASHIKAGE, but I also look up to my good friends - Dopplegangar, Lasek, red_ghost, XenithFlare, and many others - for sharing my interests and sticking together for so long. Thanks guys! :3

GreenArcher
Oct 26, 2008, 09:58 PM
Hm, well there's plenty of shout outs and whatnot, but as for people who actually changed the way I played?

Jife Jifremok - V1 I met him as he was bullet leveling in VoC. Inspried me to actually focus on level my bullets

XGP/Starslicer/Agent D/Matt - most notable people who hunted alongside with me for that damned love inferno! Taught me that it's not about what you're hunting, but who you hunt with.

That's all I can think of for now..

DreXxiN
Oct 27, 2008, 12:55 AM
Zero Sensei - My Early Fighgunner companion in PSU that we both tore up as Figh's, competing with even the FT's at the time through heavy trap usage and tactics.

Heleina - Plays the market in highly advanced ways to get the best of stuff, also great at level racing.

Seance - THE BEST at level racing since pretty much the beginning with Nei. Could compete with the others and perhaps the best Fighter to have ever played while still maintaining a badass personality

Goukezitsu (Vatsu) - You sexy beast you. This guy is also good at the market and competes and is INCREDIBLY funny to be around. I first met him when he subbed in for my other TA partner and we had many laughs. Good shit.

Arika - Single-handedly bringing PSU back to life perhaps more than SoA while jugging it with having great tech/PA/Bullet levels and awesome gear.

Lamb - For also a reason unmentioned for Gouk, pride in human race, just being the person he is.

Last but not least Seority, for obvious reasons (Besides blowing me under the desk while TA'ing True Darkness....Just kidding guys..Maybe), and being that cute little beast that takes all the hits from the badies while I stay safe and sound in back charging my jabroga <3. I'm a great BF!

If anybody went unmentioned, I'll list ya.

Also, inb4 "LOLUELITISTSNEEDALIFE,SHOULDNTBEINSPIREDONASTUPIDG AMEIUSEPERFECTGRAMMARBUTIMAFUCKINGRETARDAGAHGAHGAH GA"

Zero-Sensei
Oct 27, 2008, 01:57 AM
DreXxiN: Like a brother to me... Drex and I have been through a lot in the many of years we've known each other. (In PSO and PSU.) His knowledge of certain tactics and game play are amazing. Together, with our teamwork, we can beast any mission out there!

Rosara: An interesting person to speak to, Rosa takes pride in FT ways and takes time to actually enjoy the game in his own way. Rosa always seems to be calm and laid back. Something I'd like to get back to someday since I've been going through a lot lately.

Rhea: A really cool friend who had recently recovered from a hacking. He had worked his butt off to get every Tech back up to 40 and he's back to his usual self already! I admire his hard work and time he put back into PSU after the event.

Seority: Someone who has helped me out with problems I've had before, Seo has been there for me. She can prioritize what needs to be done first and so on. Always having goals, Seo sticks to them no matter what and doesn't slack off.

Everyone else who I know and haven't listed: There are many people that inspire me and it'd be a very long list if I were to go on... To those who I know and respect, I'm inspired by the many attributes you all have. Sensei <0's to all of those whom inspire me.

~Sensei

Chuck_Norris
Oct 27, 2008, 02:14 AM
No one, really. I've been..kinda bored with PSU late-:sleep:

Hrith
Oct 27, 2008, 06:23 AM
Séance (never forget), Eleina, Sophia -- only players who can rival with me in Time Attack.

Kinako78
Oct 27, 2008, 09:47 AM
Idylls: He encouraged me to level my buffs. By taking over my job when AoI came out... No hard feelings, though.

Mikura: He's always been there to help me and made me feel it's ok to play the way I want to. :)

Miyoko: She also made me feel my playstyle's ok.

EspioKaos: Just a great guy overall and very informative, too. :)

1-up: By teaching me to memorize maps. :)

Tianna
Oct 27, 2008, 02:05 PM
My biggest inspiration has been the trade list part of this forum. Just by seeing people with the best of the best weps and stuff make me want to strive for everything just a little harder.(ie. Pillar, Peppercat, DragonSlayer... just to mention a few)

Winterheat: has been a great friend recently that is always there to laugh or run seriously with. Had his card for a long time and didn't know him too well.

Brianna(the one with the oldest ID number): My RL g/f that has always been there for me since I got her into PSU.

chicken105
Oct 27, 2008, 02:09 PM
Jess aka Victorix or Yuna inspired or more like peer pressured me to get 50% weapons. :/ I used to say 42% is good enough. >> Now he made me into a monster. Now I'm always poor all the time :(

Seority
Oct 27, 2008, 02:40 PM
DreXxiN - (Ha ha! I put you first!) Introduced me to PSU, told me stories of PSO and helped me though everything on PSU, also the main reason I play ^^ (and the blowing is true, how else did I get millions of meseta from him? xDDD Jk~ )
Zero Sensei - Being the sweetest guy I know. He puts his friends over himself and I could always rely on him (when he's not napping of course x3 )
Barnecleez - Being fun to party with and knowing that some people do care about you even if you don't relize it. =)
Riccardo - Showed me that you can be an awesome person, w/o words xD
Chelsea Torn - Helped me through issues I had and reminded me that I can still get stepped on when I let my guard down ^^;
Seance - Twas a really great guy and the best player on PSU. Sadly he left right after we met. =(
Heliena - Let's everyone know you can be great at a game MMO and still have a life (unlike others I know lol).

CelestialBlade
Oct 27, 2008, 02:49 PM
Ah, let's dig through my v1 memories, shall we?

Cpt. Flip - The first guy to ever party with me. Really helped me learn the ropes!
Arino, Fatt, and Alyster - The first to take me all around every planet, when Moatoob was first unlocked.
Presea C7, Wren Mk. Sein, Yeloazndevil, Kiron, and Dej - TEAM UNLIMTED POWA!!! A group that's sadly no longer active, but was the first random group to openly embrace me and words cannot express what this group did for me in the old days. I miss these guys tons. Awesome players yet anti-elitist, and they're a laugh a minute.

And this wouldn't be complete without mentioning the ORIGINAL guild:

Kietrinia, Hikaru Dragonia, and Denlan - I know you no longer hang around here, but I miss you guys to death. Especially Kit, my pink-pigtailed twin :D

As for modern day inspirations, there's simply too many to name! This entire forum has been quite the inspiration for me, and I've made so many wonderful friends here. So it would only be fair to thank PSO-World as a whole :3

relentless
Oct 27, 2008, 02:54 PM
Amherst - Brought me into PSU, turned me into a great fella, was the reason I got to know many other nice friends. Never forget your PSU presence.

Arika - What can I say? A constructive person not looking at certain things. Admirable.

Eleina / Phoenix / Seance / Cherry - You freaky guys motivated my life as a techer. ;)

Dj SkyEpic - Seriously, man. Just a great guy.

Everyone who ever kind of co-PSOW'd with me and gave me a hilarious time. :lol:

And let's not forget Inazuma. Think he needs some love as well.

edit:
I blame myself. I forgot to mention Kenjitsu specifically. His sparkle was equal to the sunshine on Parum.

Kizeragi
Oct 27, 2008, 03:10 PM
Long list for me, but I'll cut it down.

Zevvrath:
If it wasn't for him I would have probably never came to PSU, probably my best "online" friend, known him for 7 years this month! :D Always inspired me to keep getting better and better, even when he was miles better than me at games. Even though I don't see him much anymore, and he has quit PSU. We sometimes speak on MSN, or we meet up IRL and have some fun. :P One of the best guys out there. ^^

Everyone from jeM:
Gave me a reason to continue playing PSU after all my RL friends quit back in V1. Great guys, all of them, was always fun to play with them, never got boring at all, even when there was no updates. Also was nice to see our leader become one of the US/EU PSU GM's. I wont bother listing you all cause theres too many. :P

Li Wei/Kasumy/Rena:
Helped me out during both MAG 1 and 2 to get Spread Needle/G's. Helped me try my very best to get all 3 of my characters up on MAG Leaderbords, and to not be bored XD We all managed to get 2/3 Needles each and 2 of them reached 10/10. :) Great people, will always try to help them whenever possible. :P

Kenjitsu
Mainly because of Sparkle, which I have as a shortcut on all my characters. Great guy, he will be missed on PSU but his legacy of Sparkle will go on! :P

Starslicer
Now, I could write a whole story on this guy. But I won't. Met back at Crimson Beast, and pretty much inspired me to do anything. XD He did teach me about why PA's are worth leveling even if they take ages. And then there was trying to win MAG 1 for PC side. Good times. I hope to see him again soon.

Btw, great topic. Most interesting one for awhile.

CelestialBlade
Oct 27, 2008, 05:09 PM
Oh crap, how could I forget the sparkle guys?

Ryuki - Probably the first person that actually made me feel like part of this community. I always wanted to be part of one of the photomeets, and after going to a couple he was actually eager to see me at more ^^ Just made me feel like I was part of something here, and he's a good guy.

Kenjitsu - For letting me call him Sparkle Boy XD

And lastly, Dj SkyEpic - For genuinely being a cool guy. I'm really glad I can still keep in touch with him, and it still kinda miffed me about the goodbye he got from some people, because he's such a great guy. Oh, and he did my profile pic that everyone keeps asking me about :P

Aisha379
Oct 27, 2008, 05:26 PM
Eyce Theon - Even though I bought PSU on day 1, I didn't get online access until a few months later. He showed me the ropes and we became best PSU friends, able to kick ass and duo any mission, even when it was a pain to do (We done hundreds of DTS2 runs long long ago).

Not only that, but even though we fought a ton, we always helped each other out with meseta, hunting items, and lots of good deals and free gifts for each other. <3

I honestly can't think of anyone else, since I was quite a recluse and anyone else I ever played with was just a random game. I do know some cooler people now (like Kylie and amtalx), but I haven't played with them too much...sooo...

Dragwind
Oct 27, 2008, 05:34 PM
Playing the game for far too long caused me to end up doing everything from maxing gear, PA's, TA's, etc.

Grimhart
Oct 27, 2008, 05:35 PM
This is an awesome thread if I ever saw one. But anyway...

To my old clan, which sadly fell apart for a couple of reasons. I got recruited into it maybe a week after I started PSU, and what a stroke of luck it was. The majority of friends I play with to this day I only know because of being a part of it.

Magical Trevor, for being my great and humble mentor of all things Techer.

Birchum, for egging me on to try new things on many occasions.

Luu, for decisive evidence that my ideal class is and should be Acrotecher.

soubrette, Red Sasori, Nini, Basi (and others, too, I'm sure), for being a lot of fun and always letting me tag along with them.

That's all I can think of, given my lack of both time and good memory. xD;

Danny_Dark
Oct 27, 2008, 05:56 PM
Well, that is Because...Skills, Techs, Bullets...any Questions !?

shadowsniper6
Oct 27, 2008, 06:01 PM
No one really...... maybe my controller (if it breaks i will stop playing )

Dana
Oct 27, 2008, 06:05 PM
Séance (never forget), Eleina, Sophia -- only players who can rival with me in Time Attack.

You inspired me ;)

KaiNova7
Oct 27, 2008, 06:24 PM
Nice thread.

Definitely the guild im apart of keeps me playing psu(D<^>S).
SoulCharmer:One of my oldest friends,modest but skilled player.Keeps lowkey profile,takes the game serious but not really..get it?
All around cool guy,one of the reasons why DS is still around.
DemonEye:Some of the best "shortcuts"in the game.Old friend aswell,excellent figunner color schemes for cast.Not to mention probably best figunner i've played with.Nice to see his name lit up,a cornerstone of DS.
Anno Dommini:Another oldschooler,talk about psu aswell as real life stuff.Relate on different things,definelty one of the best techers in the game.
Reiko Mishima:All around fun girl,crazy,spunky,makes running missions actually fun :o.Known for awhile aswell,talk often.
Elayne:My dude from waaaaaaayyyyyyy back.(PSO days)Even though he dont play as often,he's here for long run it seems.
DeadPool:Pretty cool guy,just met not to long ago.Another skilled but modest player,and keeps the game lite.
Marron:One of the nicest guys in psu,excellent support techer.Known since psu v1 days.
Raiden:Hehe funny dude,have history together,but still talk often.
Yaharia:Always nice to see her name,drop a mail,talk pretty often.Very insightful(from female perspectice ^^)and good friend.
Anduei:Just met recently,cool cat,pretty smart too.
Sierhiet:Yea thats right..Mr. Sier from blacksteel.Some of you know he has an reputation for all the wrong things.But I am impressed with certain things,videos,weapons,the make up of blacksteel.(rather the old blacksteel)
Was nice to have an guild to rival against... Makes the game that much more fun.

HHmm,list goes on.But that should be more than enough.

Orrefe
Oct 27, 2008, 06:55 PM
Hmmm

Sega of America - I'm pretty sure there's no North American division for Sonic Team, I'm pretty sure SoA runs the PSU servers here. But yeah, for continuing to host the game despite every subscriber essentially being a pissy whiner.

Sonic Team - For actually CREATING the game

Now onto people :wacko:

Kyioz Balaze - Now he stopped playing PSU because he was one of those pissy whiners, but fuck if he wasn't the best designed Newman fighter online. And there were good times, I just wish he'd stop being an anti-fanboy and come back and play.

Boxer McBoxe - Same deal, except he was uninspired because we all played way more than he did. Maybe if he didn't insist on playing Gunbound so much he wouldn't be so frustratingly behind.

Ryo Saiffwin and Gaz Kimura - The ones I still play PSU with. They're the ones with all the jokes and memes and make PSU all around enjoyable to play. We're more about talking to slow down our process than some e-peen of time attack, and our equipment isn't even all that great, it's just about having a good time.

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g230/PJ_PSU/textjabbagoodoptions.pnghttp://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g230/PJ_PSU/textreversedcontrols.png

The funny thing is, I have [I]played with other people, just not frequently enough to really... know? Ah well.

System-Id
Oct 27, 2008, 08:05 PM
Who inspires me? The few, the proud, the Leetest Men.

Rambo - For introducing me to PSO, letting me use and abuse his ventrilo server, and teaching me that if something didn't work, it was because I wasn't shouting loud enough. Valiant soldier in the War Against Faggot Gay in 07 (you know what I mean).
- "You must respond to every situation with extreme, overwhelming force."

Jose - For teaching me the values of Youtube, showing me how to properly wield an axe (upside-down), and bringing the chicken lizard into all of our lives. Oh, and the Spadacs, thanks for the Spadacs. Jose, because of you, my IQ is now 30 points less than when I first met you. I can't thank you enough.
- "Jose no amount of dis and dis can save you from dat."

Cracka J - For being the King Craska of Photoshop and my mugulus in crime in all my runs and mexican-bashing. Taught me the valuable and hard lesson in life: anything you can do, Cracka can do better and probably 13 times over.
- "Hi I'm Favors!"

Netallon - For nurturing this once frail, UMP-toting, spray and praying noob and making him into the formidible scout machine he is today. And for scaring Jose OFF THE INTERNET for one full week. Never forget.
- "FUCKING BULLSHIT!!"

Gnarrkill - For proving time and time again that if it's an MMO, it's free, and it's got bitches, it's worth playing for one week. Also for making the one and only CSS rap.
- "Everything is all Gnarrkill!!"

Laquill, the Legendary - For being the one and only, playing random soundclips where ever there was a Gnarrkill in need, and participating in the Great Berry Pieing of Dark Falz in 2008. Yes, he really is black.
- *insert Price is Right theme here*

ID - For being absolute, true TLM material from day 1. Knows that they drop on A, sorry no pics, I gave to my friends.
- "YOUUUUUUUUUUUUU!"

Deacon - Though you never came on vent, and will never read this message, you are the reason I have half the shit that I got from 1UP. MGG > Remedy
- "YEEEAAAHHHHH!"

And last, but certainly not least;

Dark Hope - Wherever you may be (sailing on a nuclear submarine), you made TLM what it is today and proved to each and every one of us that the mute button is priceless.
- "Did you get Balamb Garden yet?"

Well, it's certainly been a long two years... wait, what is this topic about again? :-?

i<3U............

Kizeragi
Oct 27, 2008, 08:08 PM
Added my other two choices to my first post, I also had to add Kenji for "you know what" :P

Jose!
Oct 27, 2008, 08:08 PM
Jose - For teaching me the values of Youtube, showing me how to properly wield an axe (upside-down)

It's the ONLY way to properly wield an axe!

II_Tokio_II
Oct 27, 2008, 08:29 PM
Barker5227, showed me this game, got me into it, and he's still running and helping me out. Also his tech leveling patience, crazy I swear.

DOOM, cuz he's just DOOMtastic and is a mooch to his bot. Also can't learn anything but resta as far as technics go and is just DOOMY with striking PA's and weapons.

Snoochies, helped me out a lot and guided me in a way.

Blue Knight, I played with him once but motivated me to save up for a puyoment aura long time ago...

Sk8er, with him, baker, and I we ruled.

Panthera, helped me out soo much and ran with me.

Mush, helped me out and ran with me a lot. Got me into Dus Majarra.

Craig, ran together a lot with Mush and Panthera, good times. Got me into Anga Jabroga.

Phaze, and barker and I run a lot and we rock.

All the other people I met. Thanks a lot.

All the people that I helped. You guys rock.

The Chivaliers, though we are small in numbers our end justifies the means. Long live Chivaliers. Keep up the good work Malphas! :D

All my weapons. Those of you who know, know.

And myself for being bored.

Oh yeah and the used to be expensive A- ranks, Her Secret Mission, Sea-bed, Sleeping Warriors, Mad Creatures, True Darkness, and Plains Overlord. Also the 1Up cup, Winter Event, and demo-weekends.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Justyn_Darkcrest
Oct 27, 2008, 08:42 PM
The people that inspire me:
1st is Storm Shadow for showing me the value of going for what you're passionate about and for talking me into buying PSO.
2)Artemesia for always being better at support than me allowing me to focus on attack techs.
3) Nadra for showing me that any melee wep can be good if you set your mind to it.
4)Brind' Amour, an "Elite" player who doesnt forget to help thos in need.
5)Anno Domini who showed me the true power of an assault FT.
6)Marron, a great freind and one of the best support forces in this game.
7)Grimace, from the time i met him he has always kept me on my toes in wit and power.
8)Sturm, A very long time friend who taught me how to solo better.
9)Majuub, Inspired me to talk to more ppl and to not judge somone off of 1st impressions.
A few others:Astro, R.S.-lJX Mk.2, the Aksions, Deja, Derek Nebula, ICE COLD, red_ghost, Komugi, Demon_Eye_(0), and Dave. All great friends who've been there
for me.

Rust
Oct 27, 2008, 11:43 PM
Nobody really.
I only rely on my rolldice for everything. :wacko:

DreXxiN
Oct 28, 2008, 12:56 AM

Look, I know you're a very good player with a lot of knowledge, but you're funny and presumptuous.

Seriously, I kinda Lol'd at that statement.

Zero-Sensei
Oct 28, 2008, 01:53 AM
Look, I know you're a very good player with a lot of knowledge, but you're funny and presumptuous.

Seriously, I kinda Lol'd at that statement.

For Hrith.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c151/KitsuneTaishou/Untitled-3-1.jpg

Akumamaru
Oct 28, 2008, 02:31 AM
not quite sure i never played PSO or anything before PSU no one showed me the ropes on how to play and people put me down for being a newman FF but i made it to 140 being that so i must have been doing something right

Arika
Oct 28, 2008, 02:35 AM
come to thanks everybody who mention me ^^

~ありがとうごさいました~ *bow in*http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=434&pictureid=3522

Lobos
Oct 28, 2008, 02:48 AM
AliceX- >.> before banned showed me da ropes back when the game was new
Fyrin - mah boy 4 life mastah techa :D
Nitraw - coolest cast :o
Foxx - Who's been MIA forever lol
Lobo - Mah lil bro <3 :D
Alura - randomness :o
Pseithyr - Mah aussie boy :D (grats on baby :o)
Strife - My beast rival!!!
Crystalline - for always cheering up :D
Candi Leigh - mah gurl <3
Reiko mishima - <3
FLCL - :D
Mahou - always trying to race :o
even tho most quit they the reason im still here lol :D

LaMBoLOgy
Oct 28, 2008, 05:20 AM
Inspiration for me, only comes from people with big hearts. People that look beyond flaws, and judgement, people that respect one another for whom ever they may be. People that put friends before themselves.

Dafamilia guild (all of you, past present and future)

Storm Shadow-My rival in many ways. But posesses a bigger heart than my self.

Fuerra lyon, Whispers, Haseo, Calibur, Id-My immediate family.

NuNu-Words fail in comparison, to essence. I love her

But bigups to any and everyone that stands up for the weak, and stays true to themselvs

Marron_Shido
Oct 28, 2008, 08:15 AM
First I'd would like to say a big thanks for people who spoke well of me. :D

Storm Shadow: Leader of Arashikage, Awesome Protranser/Gunner/Fortefighter/etc... A good friend that I can talk to about my problems. Always up helping friends hunt rare items.

Aftermath: Amazing Techer, always finds a way to make my laugh when I'm down.

Astro: Determined rare items hunter, but will gladly help others hunt rare items as well. I truly hope that some day you will finally find that elusive Milla, may good fortune smile one you my friend.

Majuub: Proud and friendly leader of my guild, Dream Star <^>. Good job on keeping the guild the running through its many ups and downs.

Brind' Amour and Strum: both cool guys and awesome gunners.

All Dream Star and Arshikage members, you all great and kind people.

Lobos, +Lamb+, James1, Karl Kahn, Darkcrest, Zero Sensei, Demon Eye (o), T-elos, Police Girl 911, RedCodeKid, SquirrelNutZ, Shade, APAL, Indica, Velvet, and Reggie.

I know there is more and someone I forget to mention, but I love you all still the same.

Hrith
Oct 28, 2008, 10:54 AM
Look, I know you're a very good player with a lot of knowledge, but you're funny and presumptuous.Well, beat me, then?
It'll be harder than flamebaiting me.

For Hrith.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c151/KitsuneTaishou/Untitled-3-1.jpgYou could not find a worst example.

1) I ran that three times (literally) and managed to get within 8 seconds of your time.

2) I meant solo TA, anyway, I don't TA in parties much, because you need all players to be very good otherwise they slow you down (MAG was a good example, I could never find a team with all four players at my level).

3) I play TA as Fortegunner... MAG was atrocious for rangers.

I have run most Lv100+ missions in this game as fast as Eleina and Sophia on their Fortefighters. Check their Youtube accounts, if you don't know what I'm talking about.

So yeah, good going making an ass of yourself, here.

Seority
Oct 28, 2008, 11:58 AM
Arika was inspired by his/her it's self =x

Then how come you were the bottom end compaired to Ele, Arika, Sophia, DreXxiN, Zero, Vatsu, ashley, etc?

Zorafim
Oct 28, 2008, 12:09 PM
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b77/Zorafin/psu20070107_122903_000.jpg

This was the only inspiration I needed. Everything else was simply my time being spent.

Pyrus Invictum
Oct 28, 2008, 12:16 PM
*sigh* Reading things like these just reminds me how much I wish I had friends who still played PSU. It's no fun soloing stuff all the time. =(

NDW
Oct 28, 2008, 12:18 PM
I inspire myself to try to be the best I can be and help the community as much as I can.

Kylie
Oct 28, 2008, 12:29 PM
*sees argument over eight seconds on the e-peen board*

Darn, I already gave this thread five stars... :/

Cracka_J
Oct 28, 2008, 12:32 PM
*sees argument over eight seconds on the e-peen board*

Darn, I already gave this thread five stars... :/

shhh...let them keep going, it's more entertaining that way :)

TheOneHero
Oct 28, 2008, 12:33 PM
Naruto and Ash Kecthum inspire me, because I'm going to be the best, and gotta catch 'em all!

[spoiler-box] So I'm just not some jerkoff 18 year old...

Old PSO buddies are my real inspiration. We've been through quite a bit together and built up strong ties over the years. [/spoiler-box]

DreXxiN
Oct 28, 2008, 12:43 PM
Excuses. *Saves e-peen*.

Look buddy, no excuses. I can play fortegunner too, it's your fault you didn't use Fortefighter?

You only ran 3 times? Whoopdie fucking do! who cares, That's your problem, not mine. No one enteres the olympics as a naturally good runner and only runs for an hour as opposed to 50 hours practice and says "So? I was only 5 seconds behind you because I didn't practice".

Stop acting like such a bad mofo around here and jujst accept you aren't "Godly".

Your inspirations don't even like you, And you have over 7k post but 5 friends on here? I think that should hint you at something, nobody cares about your e-peen. Not trying to gun but if you aren't going to accept things, I guess we'll just have to go with hard facts.

Wanna TA buddy? You're on. PM me when and where and bring your best stuff, and prepare to get owned by someone who hardly plays anyway.

Even if you are just "8 seconds away" It just makes you straight up fucking bad-mannered to act like "NO ONE ELSE BUT THEM" can compete with you. You didn't even MENTION Cherry or Gouk..lmao.

Btw stop giving fortegunner advice, I remember your old choices, and Hit's and Prism's won't make you run faster than a fortetecher in vanilla.

You're generally non constructive because you are so "above others" they don't deserve your advice, so stop being selfish around here and HELP others instead of dreaming up "TEH BEST POSSIBLE GUNNAR EVAR!! <3"

So, you brash fool, even if you beat anyone in TA, you're still a dick, so no one cares.

[/endrant]

Wrap up: Look man, nobody is HOLDING YOU BACK. If you can't do good in a team TA, it's because your communication sucks and you won't listen to others, Team TAing is far more difficult anyway. While I TA somewhat by myself, it's rather dumb and I'd rather speed run a single player game. But if you really must PROVE yourself..

Alastor_Haven
Oct 28, 2008, 12:45 PM
Ohhhh shit

We about to have

D-D-D-D-D-DUELLLL OF THE CENTURY

Alright

I place bet's on uh... hmmm

Fuck It's hard to decide

TheOneHero
Oct 28, 2008, 12:46 PM
LOL ATTACKING POST COUNT AND NUMBER OF FRIENDS I WISH I COULD BE MATURE LOLOL!

Everyone, knock it off with your flamebaiting/flames. Got something to say to the other? Take it to the PMs.

All the rest, ignore them and don't feed the fire.

Zorafim
Oct 28, 2008, 12:54 PM
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/images/ike/ike_070801e.jpg

READY? GO!

Dana
Oct 28, 2008, 12:55 PM
>.> On topic please :D

To add and keep on topic. I was inspired on BB to be as good as I could be. And now playing PSU, I just wanna be as good as I can. (Even though I think a little too much like a vet Ramarl sometimes...sometimes...)

I love running TA--Pity I have yet to meet anyone on PSU to really TA with. I used to TA a lot on PSO.

Rust
Oct 28, 2008, 01:17 PM
Oh I forgot to mention pedoness inspires me.

Freshellent
Oct 28, 2008, 01:31 PM
My motivation for this game was 100 hours in Crimson Beast C with some people that I dearly miss, [spoiler-box]http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj101/Einhart6/psu20070418_225709_030.jpg[/spoiler-box]a Hard / Power Charge unit and a conversation I shared with someone in Eastern Peril S way back in v.1.

I have but one thing to say about this whole topic:

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj101/Einhart6/RogerisGAR.jpg

It's SHOOOOOWWWWWWTIIIIIMMMMEEEEEEEEE!

relentless
Oct 28, 2008, 01:33 PM
Oh I forgot to mention pedoness inspires me.

High fives. We're in the same boat there.

Shadwitz
Oct 28, 2008, 01:35 PM
You know what inspires me through all of PSU?

My goggle-hat. Possibly also my parachute pants.

Gotta save Gurhal in style, you know.

Rust
Oct 28, 2008, 02:01 PM
High fives. We're in the same boat there.

Maybe if you had been there, I could have caught this one (sadly, she managed to escape).

[spoiler-box]http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/7874/psu20080920002yu7.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Syl
Oct 28, 2008, 02:09 PM
I miss Robo-Desu ;_;

While I can't get screenies of the times (since I was on PS2 back then >_>), have to say the best community thing ever was the FUCK~ PARUM spam after one of the PSOW gatherings. Sounds peculiar, but it was lol.

DreXxiN
Oct 28, 2008, 02:51 PM
Woops, delete this XD

R2D6battlebot
Oct 28, 2008, 04:28 PM
Myself. I inspire myself to play, and if you ask all the people that have inspired you, I probably inspired them. c:

DreXxiN
Oct 28, 2008, 04:32 PM
Myself. I inspire myself to play, and if you ask all the people that have inspired you, I probably inspired them. c:

OMG IT'S YOU! <333

Thanks so much man, I'm a pro, and it's all because of you! ^^

Zero-Sensei
Oct 28, 2008, 04:36 PM
This inspired me to go work out.
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c151/KitsuneTaishou/psu20081028_172442_000.jpg
Rawr! Buffed!

Kylie
Oct 28, 2008, 04:39 PM
Careful, Zero. Now everyone knows your password... ;o

Zero-Sensei
Oct 28, 2008, 04:39 PM

=O 000010001011010! n_n <0

Rust
Oct 28, 2008, 06:42 PM

At least he didn't enter his credit card number. :wacko:

DreXxiN
Oct 28, 2008, 08:01 PM

Damnit! Looks like we can't have hot cyberz anymore :(

Zero-Sensei
Oct 28, 2008, 08:11 PM
Damnit! Looks like we can't have hot cyberz anymore :(

S'alright. =O I has a secret password as a back up... just in case if something like that were to happen. =)
The love continues on. <0 n_n

Poignantswine
Oct 28, 2008, 09:46 PM
Coffee, and the ludicrous story I cooked up for myself, but mostly coffee.

Cracka_J
Oct 28, 2008, 09:48 PM
S'alright. =O I has a secret password as a back up... just in case if something like that were to happen. =)
The love continues on. <0 n_n

Coming from someone who used to use 0000 lock, the secret, alternate password can be quite frightening...

click only if you dare...
[spoiler-box]0001[/spoiler-box]

DragonStriker
Oct 28, 2008, 10:16 PM
Grimace-For being Mr. "All that and a bag of potatoe chips"
Astro-For selling his 10/10 RattleSnake to the NPC
Majuub-For being a terrible Guild leader
Soul-For following a terrible guild leader
SS-For being cool enough to make this topic

Everyone else just sucks.

Zero-Sensei
Oct 28, 2008, 10:52 PM
Coming from someone who used to use 0000 lock, the secret, alternate password can be quite frightening...

click only if you dare...
[spoiler-box]0001[/spoiler-box]

[spoiler-box]*Sticks it in and leaves it there.*[/spoiler-box]

Anduril
Oct 28, 2008, 10:55 PM
Nothing inspires me but a desire to kill virtual things and silently laugh to myself as I hear nonsensical conversation coming through my headset.

Dragwind
Oct 29, 2008, 06:31 AM
Coffee, and the ludicrous story I cooked up for myself, but mostly coffee.

Ah, I forgot to mention this. A large inspiration for getting into this game at launch was thanks to a friend letting me use his account. Shortly after, I started work on my long (and still ongoing) fanfic for my characters.

The fanfic combined with my habit of caffeine intake, energy drinks and all the like, it really helped to get me into PSU.

ashley50
Nov 1, 2008, 04:28 AM
ok the people who inspired me hmmm :x

Mysterious-G she's a really nice person and very friendly even though i was overlooking her back then, and she gave me great items that i wasn't been able to get as it was not going to me, her dedication giving someone a gift even tho it would cost her a lot or losing her own item(s) is very admirable :3
I'm really gald that i have met you, Thank you :3

I shall do the same to you as well when the tme comes :3

Arika what can i say, Arika's really a nice person and an admiration as i played with Ari on parties :) well equipped and cute char. Also helpful when needed :3

lessee if i can add more soon :l

and Thanks for the presents you two :3 *hugs both* :3

Mysterious-G
Nov 1, 2008, 05:40 AM
I know this thread is just only about inspiration for this game, but that won't stop me from writing down why I like all of these persons. ;o

Raiden:
Wow, writting this (Yes, this) first line took me 10 minutes. So many great things about you that I dunno where to start. Did you change much in my PSU life? Hmm... I guess you gave me some items, and you are the person I play with the whole time I can be here.
You also made me use a race else than beast. xD
Without you I would have never created Eliza or Jeanne. Prolly not even Susan.
But that is nothing toooo special so far, don't you think? xP
The thing that is special about you is that you (with a little pushing from my side..) let me see behind your characters, and see the person behind. And you are by far the greatest person I have ever met. I have learned to love everything about you. Well, sometimes you could be more honest, but I can live with it like this, too. ;x
I can be a pain in the azz to deal with, but you manage to do it, and I thank you for that.
You take me the way I am, and for that I really love you with all my heart, and as long as I have you, I have a reason to play PSU.

Arika:
Ari...
As I told you earlier, I would love to punch you in your face sometimes, but then again I would kiss the wound I dealt to you. Yeah... Love-hate.....
Discussing with you is a pain. Whatever I say, you prove me wrong, and you show me things about me I did not know about myself. If you have a mind-reading tool, please send me a copy of it. I will pm you my address. >_>
Well, you drive me mad during every discussion we have, but in the end I am glad that I talked to you. You are, without a doubt, the most wise person I know. But if it might ever happen that you do not know that to do, and need an advice, feel free to talk to me. I will lend you my ear.
(As if you would ever need advice... ;o)
If I ever feel like founding a cult, I will make you our god. :p
Thank you for everything, Ari.

And SOA! Make Arika a GM freaking finally! She did more for this game than any other person! I am part of the phasion group, in which the events we hold are organized.
And honestly, without Arika this group would be nothing but a bunch of fashion loving people. So I think I can thank her in the name of the whole Phasion Group. ^^
Again, thanks alot, Ari. :3
She is the best that could happen to this game (/besides a regular update shedule), and teached many people that we all can help to improve this game.

Meer Campbell:
Meer, you were my teacher, and a good friend.
You showed me how to do.... everything. >_>
Without you, I would still be a noob at this game.
You also showed me that French people always get the rare stuff. :p
But you deserve it. ;x
We never talked much about personal things, but I like the way our relation goes.
We just play and have fun. Without anything that could bother us.
And as much money you lended to me.. I am sure I still owe you 99M. xD
(If you ever decide to come back, forget about the 99M. ;x)

Johana:
Jo, you simply are beautiful. We just play, and play, and play.
And it never gets boring. I have no idea why. You just make this game so much more enjoyable. You are a generous, helpful, and gentle person to be with.
I remember when I met you first. You were known as the 'speed-lvler', and I got jealous of that. xD
I think we first partied at Foran. I saw you sitting there and thought: 'That guy thinks he levels sooooo fast, but I will beat him!'
But on the same day we played for the first time, and I forgot about all of that. <3
(I still beated you, hihihi.)
You take a PSU break at the moment, cause of school and stuff. (And the lack of content...)
If you do not come back, I will keep your 46% Rucar!
But honestly, I would rather have you back. ^^;

Mia:
You my friend, are the most bitter-sweet experience I ever had.
I had some of my greatest, and some of my worst moments with you on PSU.
You inspired me to spend many, many hours just with talking. xD
(Kyr has 1800 hours, from which I talked at least 500 with you, I bet.)
You teached me that some connections just have to be broken after a while.
It did not work anymore.

You quitted, too...
I will remember our shared moments.

There are many more great persons on here, but these are the ones I wanted to thank the most. ^^

Eleina
Nov 1, 2008, 05:52 AM
Lol epeen thread that turned into some TA fagg****

On topic:
- The whole team at SoA for putting up with all the BS from SoJ and the playerbase
- All the people who go to those support sessions to ask : "Do i look like a Jedi?" (I dunno how you guys do it...)
- Chill & Ruby for putting up AND answering previously cited questions

ARASHIKAGE
Nov 5, 2008, 11:51 AM
I'm happy to see the responce I got from this thread. It was nice to give props to all your friends and Vets in this game that are still playing strong. I hope alot of the new players see how welcome they are to train hard in PSU and maybe inspire others someday.

xXJoshXx
Nov 5, 2008, 12:42 PM
SORA
Aman'Der
Hewitt
Yoko Bloodfang
Butane
Batman
Khristoffer
DOM
Death By Snu snu
E-kun
Valkyrie
GJARE
April
Grimace~my best friends on here i wouldnt be playing still if it wasnt for them ♥

mAsTeR OuTi
Nov 5, 2008, 01:53 PM
only the best Acrotecher in the world Blacklady ! a good friend also...
we hunt so many rares and had alot of fun just playing the game...thats how it should be! thx ^^

so long

mAsTeR OuTi

Finae
Nov 5, 2008, 05:34 PM
Hah, I am inspired by all the people who make Kef (Hrith) look retarded on forums which in this case, Drexxin has already done so. I retired from that long ago hah.

I am most of all inspired by Segac and anyone else including myself sucks at the game besides Segac. Segac for President!

Oh seriouslY? I iZ the best AT out of the whole universe, there, e-penut+9000000 to Finae, kthxbai!

hewitt
Nov 5, 2008, 07:09 PM
So many people to mention! :D

Let's see,

Myna. First person who I ever partied with. You showed me so much about PSU when I first started and helped me so much. I made like 20 friends just through you. Hopefully you'll get back on soon!

Gatz. You've been my longest friend from PSU that's still on(besides Kaz maybe). You've given me so much (gao rod much?! : DD) and I met some friends from you! Thanks for being such a great friend!

SORA. The person who I talk most to on PSU. :] You've been my biggest inspiration to TECH lvl and you make me laugh so much, it's amazing spamming with ya! DO NOT QUIT! D: FDSFNSA.

Mia Meow, my twin.<3 lol You make me laugh so much and are such a great person to be around! One day we will meet! :P

Dendyn Milo: You're always there to talk to, I've met a bunch of friends through you, and I would have never gotten my tesbra without ya! Thanks for being there. :D

All right enough with the paragraphs. xD
Other amazing friends: Danger, Aman'der, Sovalou, Soubrette, Kazuya14, April, Neko, Furry, GJARE, Shiro, Ranubis, and everyone who doesn't hate me/has helped me through hunts, troubles, lack of updates, boredom, and all around help! : DDDD

PepperCat
Nov 5, 2008, 07:35 PM
Lol epeen thread that turned into some TA fagg****

Ele... your my new best friend in-game now because of that statement alone...

Come back to PSU already! XD

Pep.

Kazuya14
Nov 5, 2008, 09:46 PM
So many people to mention! :D

Gatz. You've been my longest friend from PSU that's still on(besides Kaz maybe). You've given me so much (gao rod much?! : DD) and I met some friends from you! Thanks for being such a great friend!

All right enough with the paragraphs. xD
Other amazing friends: Danger, Aman'der, Sovalou, Soubrette, Kazuya14, April^^;, Neko, GJARE, Shiro, Ranubis, and everyone who doesn't hate me/has helped me through hunts, troubles, lack of updates, boredom, and all around help! : DDDD

mentioned twice FTW!!! Hwoah!!!
P.S. Kaizer,Hewitt,Vannessa,Alberio,Mikov,April,Kira,Se tsuna,Setsuna#2,Noblewine,Clare,Alixes, Sesshomaru, Carian Miura, Yue Ying, Gina,Sakura,SION(NUUB),Gjare,HuhDough...
(didi i miss som ppl?!?^^;)

unicorn
Nov 6, 2008, 10:49 AM
Deja - back when I started, I was initially a CAST Guntecher, thinking I couldn't do anything else that had "techer". I had heard that Deja was a good CAST FT, sooo I gave it a shot. I fell in love, and stayed with it. Not to mention, FT was the only class back then that had access to S-rank Bows, which were pretty neat back in the day. Although Deja doesn't play FT anymore, he was the original FOcast! ^^

Gryffin - doesn't give two shits about anything. I love it. He makes this game sooo fuuun.

Basi - is one of the FEW real HUmars and doesn't care about what others think. Out of everyone I know, I think he's helped me out the most (Pwand hunts, Diad hunt, amongst other stuff). Hes not very emotional, buuut hes a cool dude.

soubrette - shes a loli with a notsololi persona! Shes a really good techer too, I'm amazed how quickly she lvls her techs sometimes.

Red Sasori - just a nice person. Lol. Period.

Birchum - waaay back, Birchum was one of the few HUnewearls there, and that was cool. Birchum does everything cool. Kerpaw!

Tsunami Grimheart - Dedicated techer. Suuuuch a sweetie. I noticed she doesn't have a greedy bone on her, thats why my PSU friends like to give her stuff! heh. Shes such a humble and sweet person (atleast thats my impression! lol).

Magical Trevor - is actually a cool FT who isnt all e-peened out. I swear, techers are the most e-peen race. >_>; Trevor is e-peen free!

Logan - The only REAL Beast Fortetecher. I dunno him personally, but I've seen him in screenshots, in lobbies, and I'm impressed. Hes dedicated to his craft, and plays how he wants.

Cherry - waaay back, Cherry was practically the best FT. Although Cherry had a questionable history with haxing, I reeeally respect Cherry. Cherry is the one who brought us most of the tech lvling methods we have here today. Even though he no longer plays, his legacy still lives on. Plus he liked lolis and futa.

red_ghost - Coooool person. Always plays with me when other peeps don't. red_ghost keeps it real!

Hiroko - Pre-AoI I met this chick in Shikon, she was hunting a Hirokteri (before 1up) because it matched her name. I thought she was soo cool. She has always been a really cool FOcaseal.

Meta77
Nov 6, 2008, 11:47 AM
I inspire myself by becoming stronger. plus the the abilty to help newcomers is what keeps me going.

fayt6
Nov 9, 2008, 11:01 AM
people that inspire me ...
first off anyone with better stuff then me
second anyone with higher pa lvls then me
~~actualy ppl that inspire me~~
Rocksteph...hes good with knuckles and a great friend yea were kinda rivals but its all in good fun
Sophie...shes really funny and pretty cool gotta admire that
Kasei ...shes a newman FF and shes not that bad...thats an accomplishmen by it self lol
random ppl i run in to that are cool and...i cant think of anymore at the moment lol

Poignantswine
Nov 9, 2008, 11:23 PM
For real though, I'm constantly inspired by the people who are still playing the game. You guys are playing for the love of the game. It sure as hell keeps me playing.

Also, I'd like to give a shout-out to my "subscription-canceled-homies" out there wherever you may be:
CheesecakeO)))
Cashmere
Ish
NoPants
PopCorn
Jeromakazi
Steyr AUG
Izumo
Xiber
Blanky
Saigan
Alexiel

If you guys hadn't been around for me to bug the hell out of, R.S. would have been one helluva bored coffeebot.

darkante
Nov 9, 2008, 11:59 PM
Lilly - I was the one who got him to give this game a try. And he loves it.

Usually, there is never a time he can´t feel like helping me and vica versa hunting stuff
or other things.

We share about everything, and sometimes when i feel like quitting this game because
of this game´s poor management, he somehow always gets me a reason to stay.

And as much i try to give the Hunter class teh finger ( i originaly just play as the
Gunner class), he finally got me to like it.
That my friend, is a hard thing to do and you did it.

Thank you for being a friend and sticking around. =)

Empyrean : Hey, my friend from the cold north. =)
We had some nice runs as well, even though we didn´t always understood each other, lol.
Shame you couldn´t stick around because of Sega shitty work, you were always a fun guy. :P

DreXxiN
Nov 10, 2008, 04:30 PM
Deja - back when I started, I was initially a CAST Guntecher, thinking I couldn't do anything else that had "techer". I had heard that Deja was a good CAST FT, sooo I gave it a shot. I fell in love, and stayed with it. Not to mention, FT was the only class back then that had access to S-rank Bows, which were pretty neat back in the day. Although Deja doesn't play FT anymore, he was the original FOcast! ^^

Gryffin - doesn't give two shits about anything. I love it. He makes this game sooo fuuun.

Basi - is one of the FEW real HUmars and doesn't care about what others think. Out of everyone I know, I think he's helped me out the most (Pwand hunts, Diad hunt, amongst other stuff). Hes not very emotional, buuut hes a cool dude.

soubrette - shes a loli with a notsololi persona! Shes a really good techer too, I'm amazed how quickly she lvls her techs sometimes.

Red Sasori - just a nice person. Lol. Period.

Birchum - waaay back, Birchum was one of the few HUnewearls there, and that was cool. Birchum does everything cool. Kerpaw!

Tsunami Grimheart - Dedicated techer. Suuuuch a sweetie. I noticed she doesn't have a greedy bone on her, thats why my PSU friends like to give her stuff! heh. Shes such a humble and sweet person (atleast thats my impression! lol).

Magical Trevor - is actually a cool FT who isnt all e-peened out. I swear, techers are the most e-peen race. >_>; Trevor is e-peen free!

Logan - The only REAL Beast Fortetecher. I dunno him personally, but I've seen him in screenshots, in lobbies, and I'm impressed. Hes dedicated to his craft, and plays how he wants.

Cherry - waaay back, Cherry was practically the best FT. Although Cherry had a questionable history with haxing, I reeeally respect Cherry. Cherry is the one who brought us most of the tech lvling methods we have here today. Even though he no longer plays, his legacy still lives on. Plus he liked lolis and futa.

red_ghost - Coooool person. Always plays with me when other peeps don't. red_ghost keeps it real!

Hiroko - Pre-AoI I met this chick in Shikon, she was hunting a Hirokteri (before 1up) because it matched her name. I thought she was soo cool. She has always been a really cool FOcaseal.

Are we playing the same game?

But yeah, +1 for Cherry, and Die Haters, though if you hate "e-peen" it amazes me that Cherry inspires you, lol.

Lyrix
Nov 10, 2008, 04:53 PM

Hehe, thanks lu, you're a pretty awesome dude too XD we totally need to hang out more!

Sol_B4dguy
Nov 10, 2008, 07:55 PM
Seems appropriate I'd stumble on this. Welp, here's my mentions.

My RL friends: they started with me, and even though they moved on to other games, they got me going in this.

Reggie: One of my best friends. He always inspired me to find better stuff, and showed me that above all, it's about having a good time.

zbot: Sadly quit when the hacking spree was going strong, but he was always a great guy to run with and showed me to think a little outside the box when it came to classes.

Kylie: <3 Really easy to open up to and taught me that friends are more important than uber-equipment.

Logan/EspioKaos: Being a great guy to have around, and an excellent techer.

This marks my last week of PSU (been playing since day 3...stupid billing server). Even through all of it's ups and downs, if I had the chance, I'd do it all over again. I hope Sega's service improves for you all (HA!) and those of you that play BB...you might see me there. ;)

Broodstar1337
Nov 10, 2008, 08:12 PM
There's only one group of people who deserves my praise and that group is ancient history, the old Guild of Light. They picked me up off the ground after I got phished and hooked me up with at least usable armor and a couple decent rods.

But that was a long time ago and now there's no one who even comes close to inspiring me to play through this train wreck of a game.

unicorn
Nov 10, 2008, 09:43 PM
Are we playing the same game?

But yeah, +1 for Cherry, and Die Haters, though if you hate "e-peen" it amazes me that Cherry inspires you, lol.

Lol I don't like Cherry, buuuut Cherry has contributed a lot to the teching community as far as tech lvling goes. Annd Cherry really set the standard up there for FTs.

furrypaws
Nov 11, 2008, 08:23 PM
My preAoI group, all of which but one have left. Quinte (now under the name Raisk, or Neji Sasura, or something, he changes alts so many times I can't keep up >_<), Yashato-Kun (Human Fighgunner), Kahlynn (Newman Fortetecher), and Myrrh (Beast Fortefighter). I miss you all a lot, and without you, I would've quit a long time ago.

SOme of my postAoI groupies too; Hewitt (Newman, changes classes constantly), Dendyn Milo (Eh...Human, I think, changes classes constantly), Julie/Nyuu (although, now she's gone too). I've unfortunately had to take a break because school has eaten my life whole, but I will get back to you guys, promise.

Of course, Cranberry has always inspired Shalo and me, but especially when she was on PSU for a while. Come back to Gurhal soon, I think the Rappy Police stopped looking for you. =)

hewitt
Nov 11, 2008, 10:33 PM
My preAoI group, all of which but one have left. Quinte (now under the name Raisk, or Neji Sasura, or something, he changes alts so many times I can't keep up >_<), Yashato-Kun (Human Fighgunner), Kahlynn (Newman Fortetecher), and Myrrh (Beast Fortefighter). I miss you all a lot, and without you, I would've quit a long time ago.

SOme of my postAoI groupies too; Hewitt (Newman, changes classes constantly), Dendyn Milo (Eh...Human, I think, changes classes constantly), Julie/Nyuu (although, now she's gone too). I've unfortunately had to take a break because school has eaten my life whole, but I will get back to you guys, promise.

Of course, Cranberry has always inspired Shalo and me, but especially when she was on PSU for a while. Come back to Gurhal soon, I think the Rappy Police stopped looking for you. =)

XP So that's where you went! D:

furrypaws
Nov 11, 2008, 11:19 PM
XP So that's where you went! D:

Well, I would come back, but gee, annotating my thesis paper on the memoir I just read is too much fun.

=P

Also, I would have to say Furry himselfinspires me. He's been with me through my good times and my bad, and as dorky/lame/antisocial/needing of a life as this sounds, he's almost like a friend to me.

Almost.

DarthLasek
Nov 12, 2008, 12:36 PM
PSU is my first online experience....and I have played this game since day 1. I would not have made it this far if it wasn't for the joy I get from meeting new people and getting to make new friends...If it wasn't for my good friends: Bomber Strife, Tetsaru, Weazel Kataro, Megan Tyme, Fredy, Nat Wolfen, Ramen, Ragnagelppod, Red_Ghost, Erdrick, and a few others....who knows where I would be...Thanks guys for making this game great and for hunting and hunting but failing miserably with me!! XD

Tetsaru
Nov 12, 2008, 05:57 PM
PSU is my first online experience....and I have played this game since day 1. I would not have made it this far if it wasn't for the joy I get from meeting new people and getting to make new friends...If it wasn't for my good friends: Bomber Strife, Tetsaru, Weazel Kataro, Megan Tyme, Fredy, Nat Wolfen, Ramen, Ragnagelppod, Red_Ghost, Erdrick, and a few others....who knows where I would be...Thanks guys for making this game great and for hunting and hunting but failing miserably with me!! XD

Lol, you're welcome Lasek! :3

Aries2384
Nov 13, 2008, 12:26 AM
When I had ported over from the Demo to the real PSU, I was running missions solo because I didn't really know anyone. A guy named Merlin joined my game and asked me if I needed help. Remembering all the asshats from the demo, I was alittle wary of anyone joining my game. We started running together after that and he helped me get to lvl 20 for beast mode and getting enough (hard earned meseta) to get my blast badge by running Rouge Shortcut. I remember the stories he used to tell me of the rewards for Seabed runs. "159 mission points and 18k meseta a run!! No way!" I was so flabbergasted from my petty 10 mission point runs on Bruce and Plains Overlord. Then he started helping me lvl and keeping my beast alive when beasted out (as he was a techer). I remember stating how I could (foolishly) out damage any techer. Then getting proven so very wrong. He eventually converted me into the techer addict I am now. Merlin, you're a good buddy and I'm glad I've been playing this game with you for a solid year and a half. This one is for you man. You've stayed with me through thick and thin and being the last remaining person standing from our original group, you're the only reason I still play. Happy hunting, my friend!

Brind' Amour
Nov 13, 2008, 04:55 PM
Lets see, who made me into the PSU player I am today...
Art(Art the item Shark)- Longest playing comrade for sure. I think its been close to two years. I was inspired by his stamina. His lust for items taught me the value of inventory space. Heh heh.
Storm- Dude's got some sick striking skills. Definitely pushed me to up my game in that aspect. Though I'm a gunner at heart.
Aftermath- The spell-flinger...Though I envy his prowess of techniques I doubt I will ever be his equal.
Urma- Most definitely a very fun person to hang out with. Although very passive now... She was a very effective power-leveler.
Glacier-Great fun to be around. She power-lvl'ed like a professional. If she had an equal, I have yet to meet this person. If she hadn't "taken me under her wing," I would have quit at lvl 43. I am in her debt. Great to compete against; ice ran through her veins.
Talraith- Sick shotty skills. Not just high level PA's, but in how he used them. I couldn't consider myself his equal even though both of us have maxed out PA's. The man never took heavy damage. Taught me through example.
Marron- His calling in PSU is to support battle-torn comrades of this I'm sure. Born for the role.
Athran- If I remember right. Best PT I'd ever seen. I only spoke to him in passing. In a time before Ex-traps he controlled mobs with G traps alone. I definitely ripped off his technique ^^;
Necro- My brother, my comrade. I only hope you stumble across this thread and know that you are remembered. Thanks, bro. Your love for Double sabers overflowed, and its a trait we both share now.
And Shou- Once upon a time he helped a newbie with 500k, a few SUVS, and my favorite cast parts ( I have received plenty of compliments on them). Thanks.
I think thats it... The path I walk is beside a sea of faces. I may have seen your face once or twice but my comrades I have seen flow and crash.

pikachief
Nov 15, 2008, 04:48 PM
people whinnying about how hard seed awakened S was when it first came out.

so i solo'd it and S ranked it!

ever since i've tried to solo things faster adn faster and harder and harder lvls :)