PDA

View Full Version : So I was playing the remake of KOTOR the other day...

Outrider
Oct 26, 2008, 03:39 PM
...and I'm confused why they made so many arbitrary changes.

So I played through the initial training area (Only it was a planet called Eden Prime instead of a space ship) and then I got to go to the big city area where I meet all the important characters (only it was called the Citadel instead of Taris).

The characters all seem to be here, though. I had to save the female fighter love interest from certain death (although her name was Ashley instead of Bastila.) I have the gruff, pretty-boy soldier who doesn't like to talk about himself (renamed Kaiden instead of Carth). Just a little while ago, picked up the spunky technology expert (called Tali instead of Mission.) I can't forget the angry bounty hunter referred to by his last name (who is an alien called Wrex instead of a Mandalorian warrior named Ordo.) I'm a little confused as to why they got rid of Zaalbar, but they still have a big, strong alien party member named Garrus.

Everybody keeps using the force (called Mass powers in this) which I found a little odd, and I still don't have a lightsaber. Instead of becoming a Jedi, I was given the title of Specter by this council of three people (but not the same three person council that made me a Jedi in the original KOTOR). The story still revolves around me taking down a former hero, but instead of being a Jedi turned Sith he's a Specter who's on the loose.

Oh yeah, and for some reason they renamed the game Mass Effect.

In summary, I'm enjoying Mass Effect but boy oh boy does BioWare follow a template sometimes.

Tact
Oct 26, 2008, 05:32 PM
I played Mass Effect too, and I must say that my best moment in it was when I changed the shotgun shells while my friend was using the bathroom. When he came back, I turned a corner and literally melted a guy. It gave him a jump. :wacko:

Sord
Oct 27, 2008, 04:33 AM
there's no play after you beat the game, that alone sunk the game for me, even though I had done a good chunk of side quests, I was not aware it would do this and was thoroughly pissed off enough to never pick up the game again.

raikomaru40
Oct 27, 2008, 06:00 AM
Anyone know if Bioware had confirmed the DS version yet?

Outrider
Oct 27, 2008, 09:16 AM

What.

raikomaru40
Oct 27, 2008, 10:20 AM
G4 said that Bioware was thinking about a DS version to expand the market.

Moo2u
Oct 27, 2008, 10:58 AM

....Sonic Chronicles?

Outrider
Oct 27, 2008, 12:36 PM
Now, I don't watch G4, so I haven't heard of that. But don't you think some other news outlets might be interested in that bit of information? You sure you didn't mishear it? It just seems bizarre that nobody else would care about that rumor.

Wyndham
Oct 27, 2008, 02:02 PM
Now, I don't watch G4

I don't watch tv at all.

Tact
Oct 27, 2008, 02:06 PM
So, Oran gets all of his news from the Internet. I'm sure there's a G4 website.

Everything has a website now, even ants.

TalHex
Oct 27, 2008, 02:53 PM
even awesome has a website http://awesome.com/