PDA

View Full Version : New Screenshots (Famitsu) - 10/27/08

Percival
Oct 27, 2008, 08:19 AM
Screenshots here (http://www.famitsu.com/game/coming/1219292_1407.html)

Here are 6 good quality screenshots. Most of them were already shown in the previous scans but I think the one showing the shield block is new.

I'm very curious about the shield and how it works. I wonder if blocking is the result a high EVP stat or if it is manually activated by pressing a button (Like the new dodge move).

Can anybody translate the captions for us?

Edit:

It looks like this could be an expensive DS game. Doesn't a 5040¥ game retail at $50 in North America?

Usually, DS games are priced as such: $20 for Budget games, $30 for Regular games (vast majority), $35 for Nintendo games, $40 for "Big Name" games (i.e. SquareEnix). I can't remember having paid $50 for a DS game so far.

All that being said, even if it ends up costing $50, I'll buy it in a heartbeat …twice.

EspioKaos
Oct 27, 2008, 09:32 AM
Gunslash
A ranged weapon. As its name suggests, the gunslash is a weapon type which features characteristics of a rifle and saber. Its basic attack is with the blade, however if the L button is held down, you can attack with the weapon's rifle portion. The gunslash is intended for high-level characters due to its fairly strange handling.

Shield
A striking weapon. For the first time in the series, shields can be used to guard at your own discretion. By holding the L button, you will take a defensive stance. However, the shield isn't just for defense. You can use it to attack enemies, too!

Bare-handed
This fighting style is not classified with any other category. The basic attacks used are a combination of kicks and punches. Are there any merits to choosing unarmed combat...?

On the price of the game, international conversion doesn't work too well. Japanese games always convert over to an excessively high price compared to NA/EU MSRPs. I expect this game will retail for US $34.99; US $39.99 at the most.

Percival
Oct 27, 2008, 09:38 AM
Gunslash
…the gunslash… if the L button is held down, you can attack with the weapon's rifle portion.

Shield… By holding the L button, you will take a defensive stance.

Thanks for the translation. The parts I have highlighted above are pure gamaplay gold to me.

This is exactly what I wanted to know about the shield. So now we have active dodge AND parry in PSØ.

Thanks again EspioKaos.

Seority
Oct 27, 2008, 11:55 AM
Yeah, I'd buy this game whatever the price! x3

Aeternus
Oct 27, 2008, 12:01 PM
http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.famitsu.com%2Fgame%2F coming%2F1219292_1407.html&sl=ja&tl=en&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

google is wonderful

Stan
Oct 28, 2008, 06:51 PM
according to current rates, ¥5040 translates to €40.10
which is about normal here...

:[

Shiroyu
Oct 28, 2008, 10:31 PM
DS games in Japan usually always cost around $50, which is why imports are usually $50. PSØ costing that much shouldn't indicate anything other than that it isn't a budget title.