PDA

View Full Version : I'm tired of the complaining about PSU.

xBladeM6x
Oct 28, 2008, 01:24 AM
Deleted My First Post To Replace With This:

I think Blade's point was that some people still enjoy the game, updates or no, but the constant complaining by some people on the forums is depressing. It's hard to enjoy something you like when everyone around you is complaining about it. Since criticizing the game/updates on these forums isn't going to influence Sega at all, the only impact it has is to turn more people away from the game (both new players and long-time players who give in to all the negativity).

It's like that scene where a family is going on vacation and the kids are in the back seat shouting "Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?" No amount of asking will get them there faster, and at some point the parents lose their patience. It's not exactly the same situation, but that's kind of what it feels like. :lol:

Wow, Thank You. You just explained what I tried to in a more respectable fashion. Seriously, word for word that is how i feel.

My way was just more angry, hence a rant. :-? And yes I do apologize to anyone who may have been like :rant:. It was just a way for me to vent. :-)

W0LB0T
Oct 28, 2008, 01:46 AM
There has been alot of simmilar topics to this 'round these parts of late.

What we need to do is ignore these complainers and they will eventualy shut up and go away.

Focus on the positives, becasue:
EVERYONE FUCKING KNOWS THIS GAME HAS PROBLEMS.

I know, you know, your pet cat knows, everyone who has played online knows, your neibour knows, barry down the road knows and so does his dog, even that scruffy looking guy at the bus stop knows.

Midicronica
Oct 28, 2008, 06:51 AM
The complainers won't shut up and go away as long as Sega continues to such a shitty job.

Sinue_v2
Oct 28, 2008, 08:24 AM
What we need to do is ignore these complainers and they will eventualy shut up and go away.

Yeah, because that's totally fucking worked for the past two years PSU has been out.

The complainers won't shut up and go away as long as Sega continues to such a shitty job.

Bingo.

And no, nobody is going to complain to Sonic Team. Sonic Team doesn't give a shit. This is has already been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt. Even if ST were to suddenly start caring, it wouldn't do them any good. It's not going to bring back the lost customers, so why should they waste the resources to even bother?

Besides, you'll turn Blade. They all turn. You'll become one of the incessant complainers you're now griping about. Everyone has their breaking point.

Also, one last point. You missed a reason for people to complain.

#6: Some people actually care about the game. They want to see it be successful, and hate to watch it rot away from the inside due to mismanagement and incompetence while not being able to do anything about it. Positive attitudes only stretch so thin, and ultimately, are useless surrogates for proper management. They try to hold onto what they enjoy about the game, but with near non-existent populations and a drought of new content it becomes harder to enjoy the game and that inevitably leads to frustration from a fan base desperately still trying to be a fan of the game in the face of Sonic Team's tendency to take a big steaming dump on them at every oppertunity.

amtalx
Oct 28, 2008, 08:52 AM
I'm getting a little sick of hearing people complain about the complaining. Bawwing over Bawwing? This is getting out of hand. :disapprove:

stukasa
Oct 28, 2008, 10:39 AM
Blade, I agreed with you up til the "five reasons why" part. I think Sinue's reason is actually the biggest one. People *want* to like the game, they're just finding it harder and harder to do so and eventually get frustrated. I've never been one of those people, though. Even though I'm disappointed by the constant delays and bugs, I rarely complain about them because I know that complaining won't fix anything.

People have a right to complain, especially with the horrible quality of service we've been given. However, sometimes it feels like people won't be satisfied no matter what we get. A couple days ago people were BAWWWing that we wouldn't get the Halloween lobby on time. Now that we're getting the Halloween lobby, people are BAWWWing that the update isn't enough for them. :-?

I'm getting a little sick of hearing people complain about the complaining. Bawwing over Bawwing? This is getting out of hand. :disapprove:
Well now you're just complaining about the people complaining about the complainers! :lol:

Outrider
Oct 28, 2008, 10:41 AM
I think the worst part is that nobody sees the writing on the wall.

PSU is dead, people. Give up already.

xBladeM6x
Oct 28, 2008, 10:44 AM
Besides, you'll turn Blade. They all turn. You'll become one of the incessant complainers you're now griping about. Everyone has their breaking point.

Also, one last point. You missed a reason for people to complain.

#6: Some people actually care about the game. They want to see it be successful, and hate to watch it rot away from the inside due to mismanagement and incompetence while not being able to do anything about it.

Trust me, my opinion won't change. It hasn't been changed even slightly the whole time i have played this game. I actually like having no serious updates, cuz i get to level my spells. And I do absolutely love this game. I have since the first day I played it, and to this day still do.

Trust me when I say I am a PSU fanatic. I'm not leaving/turning. lol

amtalx
Oct 28, 2008, 11:01 AM
Well now you're just complaining about the people complaining about the complainers! :lol:

Someone understands the depth of my genius.

Kylie
Oct 28, 2008, 11:44 AM
Like others have said, I'm tired of people complaining about people complaining, and maybe you should quit us. :wacko: But seriously, it's what people on message boards do, and SOA is a poorly funded bunch of screw ups that can't keep up with the underwhelming schedule that Sonic Team provides for us.

TheOneHero
Oct 28, 2008, 11:54 AM
Percents are only there for looks.

5: Or the least offensive one, you just got bored because you are not easily amused, and need a more hands on experience.

Still there? I really hope someone else sees the humor here. :wacko:

I'm going to go and agree with everyone on complaining about complaining, it's ridiculous!

Zorafim
Oct 28, 2008, 12:36 PM

God, can't you leave the post alone? If someone wants to complain about people complaining about complainers, they're more than welcome to!

>.>

Aisha379
Oct 28, 2008, 02:23 PM
Threads like this are self-defeating really. All you're doing is dragging the attention of complainers (like me, for example - because anyone has a right to complain about Sega).

Both sides are annoying though. The complainers are yelling constantly to a brick wall of a company, and the foolish people who defend the game like it has no problems are just charging at windmills thinking that they have a point.

Let's face it people, PSU has big issues, but parts of it can still be fun to others. If you say the game has no problems, you are an idiot. If you say the game has no fun left, you are an idiot as well.

However, just because you like the game does not mean you have the right to tell others they have no right to be angry - the game is run like absolute shit. Sorry, but its true. Plus, your reasons are pretty stupid:

There is still a lot of time left to go, and the people who say this game won't last long, are just giving into the stupid idea that this game is horrible when it obviously is not. If you are one of those said players, these are probably the reasons why:

1: Your gear is crap and are satisfied with 10% everything.

2: Your gear is 50% 10/10 "OMFGLAWL" from obsessing about "BEING TEH BEST!!", that you really forgot what it was like to just play and appreciate the game, and try to have fun.

Firstly, I do not see gear as determining if a game is good or not. Even with crappy 10% gear, most missions are still easy.

Secondly, the last part of your second list is hilarious. Fun is a very realitive term. Some people get their dose of fun by hunting for items, killing enemies, just standing around talking to friends, whatever. Point is, fun to someone has no more or less weight than what you find fun, and saying people complain and think the game is bad, therefore, they have "forgotten what its like just to play" is dumb, since for a lot of people, just the act of playing is in itself not what they enjoyed.

3: You are a troll and have nothing better to do but be ***.

I guess that makes 80% of PSU's subscribers trolls then (most of which have canceled). Thats a big fad.

4: You are a follower onto what a few people said, and now truly believe everything is ruined.

It doesn't take a sheep to see how bad things are. We're way behind in stuff, we keep getting promises broken (or worded specifically not to be a promise, because they know the chances of them being able to keep it are low anyway) and tons of glitches and crap are happening.

5: Or the least offensive one, you just got bored because you are not easily amused, and need a more hands on experience.

Your absolutely right. I think the people who enjoy PSU and think nothing is wrong with it are easily amused. And thats fine, if thats how you want to be, but us substance-craving people pay just as much as you do, and our opinions are just as important (read: not important at all, sadly.)

Weeaboolits
Oct 28, 2008, 04:05 PM
And I'm tired of seeing people use the font size, bold is plenty to make your emphasis, anyway to point, I'm sure the complaining would lessen if there were actually updates to complain about.

Sharkyland
Oct 28, 2008, 04:15 PM
At least finish the PSU story. :/ I want to know how it ends (even if it does suck). ^_^

Powder Keg
Oct 28, 2008, 04:55 PM
Servers shutting down = obvious joke

This can't be stressed enough. We are on course to be an entire year behind Japan in updates and by the time some of the good ones finally get here, the game will be more dead than it already is, so how can these updates be enjoyed at their potential?

That's the biggiest issue, and ST made the mistake of setting up a schedule to "unlock disc data" and they're rightfully getting shit for it because they're doing an awful job.

In a lot of people's eyes (including mine) you're pretty much saying you're satisfied with shit. The population issue alone should be telling you that.

In closing, PSU is an amazing game, but if we have to wait so long to play the content that's already on the damn disc, then this is what you should expect.

ForceOfBrokenGlass
Oct 28, 2008, 05:23 PM
Well, I can't complain. I don't get updates. I play offline. I don't hate the game, but it's certainly not worth paying to play online for limited classes and a few more missions and items.

PSU is an amazing game, but if we have to wait so long to play the content that's already on the damn disc, then this is what you should expect.

Also this. I can't help but laugh because the caps have been at the end on AotI offline, but online you're stuck stopping at level 140, with level 40 PAs. Offline, the basic 3 classes are all you'll ever need.

Ethateral
Oct 28, 2008, 08:41 PM
Let complainers, complain. It doesn't hurt me.

It's obvious that yes, this game has problems with updates/bugs and so forth. However, that doesn't mean I'm not tired of hearing the complaining. If you don't like something that Segac is doing, than really, is it necissary to be a troll? =/ Annoying to see really, meh.

Fun is different to everyone in a game, I will agree on that. If you want to putz around all day and talk online, that's fun to some. (Though why you pay for it, is beyond me. Use IM, lol.)

In the end, let them complain. There's nothing you, Billy Bob, your cat, the neighbor down the street or I can do about it. They're people with their own opinions. ^^; Just let them do it.

Xaeris
Oct 28, 2008, 08:54 PM
How crappy does a game have to become before it loses its last apologist? Sonic Team is working on the answer!

Cracka_J
Oct 28, 2008, 10:13 PM
#6: Some people actually care about the game. They want to see it be successful, and hate to watch it rot away from the inside due to mismanagement and incompetence while not being able to do anything about it. Positive attitudes only stretch so thin, and ultimately, are useless surrogates for proper management. They try to hold onto what they enjoy about the game, but with near non-existent populations and a drought of new content it becomes harder to enjoy the game and that inevitably leads to frustration from a fan base desperately still trying to be a fan of the game in the face of Sonic Team's tendency to take a big steaming dump on them at every oppertunity.

I was just about ready to post reason #6, but it seems you already took the trouble of writing it for me...word for word, out of my head, you goddamn telepath :)

Anyway, good shit on the post, it is truth.

JUST IN CASE YOU MISSED READING THE QUOTE ABOVE AND WANT TO CONTINUE COMPLAINING ABOUT THE COMPLAINERS, CLICK HERE!!
[spoiler-box]

[/spoiler-box]

Kent
Oct 29, 2008, 12:18 AM
I like how the listed options of what the complainers are equates to...
You're not an elitist prick.
You are an elitist prick.
You're a troll.
You agree with people who think the game is not perfect.
Or you expect the game, which has a monthly fee, to be updated regularly, like any other online RPG on the market.
The first two made me laugh. :wacko:

W0LB0T
Oct 29, 2008, 12:34 AM
I bet if they go and release everything in one update people will still find something to complain about.

TheOneHero
Oct 29, 2008, 12:41 AM
I bet if they go and release everything in one update people will still find something to complain about.

Releasing everything at once and ruining all future updates.

Sinue_v2
Oct 29, 2008, 01:56 AM
Amazing. I've been posting under #6 for the last two years and people just wrote me off as a troll. Two years later, and I'm getting applause for it. I'm a goddamned visionary I tell ya. Ahead of my time, or so far behind I'm being lapped. One of the two. ???

Levity aside, despite all of the negative posts I've been blasting against PSU and Sonic Team - I really do still like the game. It's with a heavy heart I decided to let my subscription lapse for the first time in really those two years since the game came out. Despite the frustration of watching missed potential burnt to ash in the name of mismanagement, pandering, inambition, and easy money - it was still the only MMO I could tolerate, and goddamnit it... it was Phantasy Star. I always figured the good points of the game were self evident to anyone who played and saw that potential, and my frustration led me to post mostly negatives.

So yeah... I didn't mean this to be a manifesto. Just glad to see that I'm not the only one who feels this way and am not just talking out my ass. More than usual anyhow.

W0LB0T
Oct 29, 2008, 12:06 PM
You may be a big PSU fan, you may be severely cheesed off with the way the servers are handled worse than the contents of a cheap revivalists van. But posting some shit in a random forum, where Sega couldn't give a shit about it ain't gonna settle anything, it never has and never will.

Ranting and bitching never solved anything, only actions.

If you don't like the updates, join the Japanese server.
If you cant get over the language barrier, learn the language, or just play with a bunch of your good English speaking mates.
If you don't like that idea, make your own server.
If thats too hard, then get completely off your face and pretend your playing the best game ever.
If you :disapprove: of drugs, then somehow actually convince Sega of America to get their act together.

What am i gonna do. Im'a sit back and watch the game die. Who knows, the ensuing demise could be good for laugh, watching the pathetic outcry's as the ship goes down.

Aisha379
Oct 29, 2008, 12:31 PM
What am i gonna do. Im'a sit back and watch the game die. Who knows, the ensuing demise could be good for laugh, watching the patheic outcrys as the ship goes down.

Let's be friends <3

Thats exactly why I canceled my subscription and have little desire to go back, but still keep up with the info, actually.

Sharkyland
Oct 29, 2008, 10:54 PM
I sometimes wonder if they test the programs that they update.

Tyreek
Oct 29, 2008, 11:01 PM
Then that would put them in the same boat as JP wouldn't it? If I recall correctly, they had to do a few rollbacks with the glitches they had in new missions back then. Last I thing I remember was that glitch they had with Gol Dolva and the Guld drop.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Oct 29, 2008, 11:36 PM
God, can't you leave the post alone? If someone wants to complain about people complaining about complainers, they're more than welcome to!

>.>
Dead Horse part of this forum. Off into petrified fossil bones into dust etc. etc. etc. but I digress.

Although in the same vein, when all the content was out for the time being and or new content was never ever coming out - outside of the JP servers, PSO being the example of previous, there were still complaints about any and everything we'd heard about for years and years. And the game stuck around without updates for quite some time afterwards.

In this case, it does seem like lackluster updates/pushing back dates are dwindling the populating daily and is on track for shut down without having a release of most everything, then allow players to use that for some year+ onward, paying just to log in and use the servers.

Quite a different model, so of course there's a new dead horse in town. Although it relates back to possibly not seeing JP content ever at some point, so getting any of it, months late/per their schedule track is still optimism considering the alternative of nothing and just a server to play on.

:::::::::::::::::

Another way to do this is not play until more things are released.
Cancel your subscription and wait it out until things come out that you may be interested in.

Organize your friends to come back at around the same time so you're not the lone guy stuck on a desolate server.

Let the complainers continue to pay and repeat the cycle while you can reap benefits by waiting it out, re-upping your subscription later when there are things you might consider worth the money.

Tyreek
Oct 29, 2008, 11:41 PM
Another way to do this is not play until more things are released.
Cancel your subscription and wait it out until things come out that you may be interested in.

Organize your friends to come back at around the same time so you're not the lone guy stuck on a desolate server.

Let the complainers continue to pay and repeat the cycle while you can reap benefits by waiting it out, re-upping your subscription later when there are things you might consider worth the money.

I Agree 100% with what Hayabusa is saying. And I am sure many others are doing this as well. Cancel, then come back when it's worth your time.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Oct 29, 2008, 11:45 PM
Since there is a population problem though, smaller numbers of subscriptions don't add up to:

more/better/quicker

updates/server/service

by the company seeing these bottom lines.
(Outside of JP servers that may not be as big an issue and you may get X amount of things regardless of size since the numbers haven't been there for a while and its always a backseat to JP servers and customer feedback.)

The hope is that the complainers are not following through with quitting and or a little taking advantage of the most loyal customers who stay on despite their annoyance and disagreement with update content provided.

Its a type of plan to consider with your dollars as an individual and your utility/enjoyment from playing the game.

The_Gio
Oct 30, 2008, 12:55 PM
not that i bitch at people about what i dont like about the game, cuz i mean, it is a good game. My problem with the game is the fact that ive played for 2 years, so i was bound to get bored of it anyway. its not the games fault, the fact that the players who blame the game, are just bitching cuz they know the updates japan got and compare it to ours, they dont see its not a competition or just bitch like kids saying "but but but, if little timmy has it, why dont i get it?"

Psu is not a bad game at all, if your bored of it, do what i did and quit, if you dont want to then thats your problem, not the games.

Deissa
Oct 30, 2008, 03:41 PM
Psu is not a bad game at all, if your bored of it, do what i did and quit, if you dont want to then thats your problem, not the games.

yeah.

game's problem is they ain't updating shit

Tyreek
Oct 30, 2008, 07:57 PM
Don't blame the game, blame the people handling it.

xBladeM6x
Nov 2, 2008, 02:04 AM
Yeah, i guess some of you don't understand the point of ranting in a topic about ranting. So yeah, most of your ignorant comments have been ignored. For those of you who made useful posts, thank you.

But now that i have ranted, I'm, feeling a little better now. Basically I just wanted to get across a simple point. Stop complaining on the forums. Think about it, I ranted, and it got me criticized and put down - making it a useless topic. Just like ALL the bawwww topics. There is no reason for bawww topics because they don't get anything accomplished. Constructive Criticism and Optimism Ftw.

On my last note, if you don't like the game and canceled your account, why do you still go on the forums to complain? And why do you try to put everyone down who actually enjoys the game (even with the lack of updates) and try to motivate them to quit when they are happy doing what they do?

The world may never know...

Kent
Nov 2, 2008, 04:40 AM
Actually, I'm fairly certain that allmany of us have demonstrated understanding of the concept of ranting - to such an extent, that we don't take it seriously.

It's a rant; it's not just any old monologue, it's not a dialectic, and it's certainly not rhetoric.

In a sense, if a rant didn't have epic amounts of bawwwwww, it wouldn't really be a rant.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Nov 2, 2008, 06:43 AM
Yeah, i guess some of you don't understand the point of ranting in a topic about ranting. So yeah, most of your ignorant comments have been ignored. For those of you who made useful posts, thank you.

But now that i have ranted, I'm, feeling a little better now. Basically I just wanted to get across a simple point. Stop complaining on the forums. Think about it, I ranted, and it got me criticized and put down - making it a useless topic.
Hey calm down.

We know people complain about updates. There's only 2 options upon update in regards to complaining. Doing so or not. Past history shows its not going to go seamlessly the next time. More likely the reception is exactly the same as last time.

Your rant is a commonly repeated one, regardless of it being your opinion and individually owned topic. (And the work you put in to map it all out your distinct way.)

As in a "dead horse," per the forum title here.

Who put you down for ranting here?
Anyone in particular, best to not state it publicly even if its just vague enough to get by. Instead, the best way is to report it & discuss it with staff if you feel unnecessarily messed with just for posting an opinion in a rant topic.

Sinue_v2
Nov 2, 2008, 10:45 AM
There is no reason for bawww topics because they don't get anything accomplished. Constructive Criticism and Optimism Ftw.

Unless it has something to do with fixing the site, updating tables, or something of the like - then no posts here get anything accomplished. You might as well just shut the entire site down if that's the case. At the end of the day, Constructive Criticism and Optimism are every bit as utterly useless as pessimism and trolling, because there's nothing anyone here can say or do to truly make PSU a better game. Only Sega can do that.

Further, you're wrong. As explained, complaining does do something. It's a vent for the complainer. Everyone needs their vents to blow off steam, and it just so happens - that Sonic Team/Sega is an extremely frustrating company to do buisness with.

stukasa
Nov 3, 2008, 12:13 PM
Unless it has something to do with fixing the site, updating tables, or something of the like - then no posts here get anything accomplished. You might as well just shut the entire site down if that's the case. At the end of the day, Constructive Criticism and Optimism are every bit as utterly useless as pessimism and trolling, because there's nothing anyone here can say or do to truly make PSU a better game. Only Sega can do that.

Further, you're wrong. As explained, complaining does do something. It's a vent for the complainer. Everyone needs their vents to blow off steam, and it just so happens - that Sonic Team/Sega is an extremely frustrating company to do buisness with.
I think Blade's point was that some people still enjoy the game, updates or no, but the constant complaining by some people on the forums is depressing. It's hard to enjoy something you like when everyone around you is complaining about it. Since criticizing the game/updates on these forums isn't going to influence Sega at all, the only impact it has is to turn more people away from the game (both new players and long-time players who give in to all the negativity).

It's like that scene where a family is going on vacation and the kids are in the back seat shouting "Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?" No amount of asking will get them there faster, and at some point the parents lose their patience. It's not exactly the same situation, but that's kind of what it feels like. :lol:

xBladeM6x
Nov 3, 2008, 12:18 PM

Wow, Thank You. You just explained what I tried to in a more respectable fashion. Seriously, word for word that is how i feel.

My way was just more angry, hence a rant. :-?

Sinue_v2
Nov 3, 2008, 01:06 PM
It's hard to enjoy something you like when everyone around you is complaining about it.

Is it? I guess it would be if you cared what other people thought. However if your opinion is so easily swayed by others negativity - then I would call in question just how much you actually enjoyed the game in the first place. Was it truly the GAME you enjoyed, or something else that the game just so happened to carry with it. (As an example: for many people, the only reason they stick around is for their friends)

Again, this doesn't answer my postulation - if pessimism and complaining don't accomplish anything, and should thus be done away with - why shouldn't the same apply to stifling ones frustration and forcing positivity and optimistim? Both are equally useless in the eyes of Sega and in matters of improving the game.

People will always complain about the games they play, but PSU is suffering from an over-abundance of it. Is this simply because nobody apparently thought it was a good idea to keep the complainers in check, and the situation snowballed out of control? No, it's because Sega is genuinely fucking the customers over - and I think that if you wish to have a right to be optimistic, then you should allow others their pessimism. If they far outnumber the optimists, then well... tough. Take it up with Sega for their complete and utter ineptitude, because they're the only ones who can change it.

Oh yeah... they don't care.

Never deny your fellow man a right to their opinion, for doing so makes you a slave to your own as it prevents you from changing it.

Further, I would argue again that driving new players away isn't such a bad thing. PSU is beyond repair at this point, and the only thing left for it is to be put out of it's misery. That's not going to happen as long as Sega sees it as still profitable (even if just slightly) to keep the servers open. By driving off new players, you're hastening this process of PSU's death - and allowing the niche in the market to be freed up for a new online Phantasy Star title which they will hopefully get right this time. Ideally by shifting it off to a different developer who has the sense, will, and balls to fully realize the potential of the series and make a success out of it - rather than just a cheap excuse to siphon $10 off the top of your wallet every month.

Aisha379
Nov 3, 2008, 02:25 PM
Is it? I guess it would be if you cared what other people thought. However if your opinion is so easily swayed by others negativity - then I would call in question just how much you actually enjoyed the game in the first place. Was it truly the GAME you enjoyed, or something else that the game just so happened to carry with it. (As an example: for many people, the only reason they stick around is for their friends)

Again, this doesn't answer my postulation - if pessimism and complaining don't accomplish anything, and should thus be done away with - why shouldn't the same apply to stifling ones frustration and forcing positivity and optimistim? Both are equally useless in the eyes of Sega and in matters of improving the game.

People will always complain about the games they play, but PSU is suffering from an over-abundance of it. Is this simply because nobody apparently thought it was a good idea to keep the complainers in check, and the situation snowballed out of control? No, it's because Sega is genuinely fucking the customers over - and I think that if you wish to have a right to be optimistic, then you should allow others their pessimism. If they far outnumber the optimists, then well... tough. Take it up with Sega for their complete and utter ineptitude, because they're the only ones who can change it.

Oh yeah... they don't care.

Never deny your fellow man a right to their opinion, for doing so makes you a slave to your own as it prevents you from changing it.

Further, I would argue again that driving new players away isn't such a bad thing. PSU is beyond repair at this point, and the only thing left for it is to be put out of it's misery. That's not going to happen as long as Sega sees it as still profitable (even if just slightly) to keep the servers open. By driving off new players, you're hastening this process of PSU's death - and allowing the niche in the market to be freed up for a new online Phantasy Star title which they will hopefully get right this time. Ideally by shifting it off to a different developer who has the sense, will, and balls to fully realize the potential of the series and make a success out of it - rather than just a cheap excuse to siphon $10 off the top of your wallet every month.

Quoted for uber truths.

Also I'll re-quote a part from my first post on the whole issue of complaining about complainers.

Threads like this are self-defeating really. All you're doing is dragging the attention of complainers (like me, for example - because anyone has a right to complain about Sega).

Both sides are annoying though. The complainers are yelling constantly to a brick wall of a company, and the foolish people who defend the game like it has no problems are just charging at windmills thinking that they have a point.

If you like the game, you are free to ignore the complaining. Like Sinue said, it shouldn't bother you that much if you really like the game as much as you say/think you do, so let others express their opinion.

Sinue is also right in saying the amount of complainers should most certainly be an indicator of how well things are being handled. I've said it before and I'll say it again - I've played a lot of MMORPG's in my days, and I have never played a game where the very gaming community hates and despises the company so much.

I've even played free Korean MMO's that had bugs fixed faster and more content update. People need to step back a bit from their company / series allegiance and realize that, in the business world of today, this is NOT the norm.

stukasa
Nov 3, 2008, 02:30 PM
I still enjoy the game, though I haven't been enjoying PSOW as much as I used to, and one of the main reasons is that every update thread is filled with complaining. On top of that, there are threads with titles like "Seriously why are you still playing?" People are constantly saying stuff like "lol Segac", "Prepare for rollback!", etc. Now I'm not saying ST doesn't deserve the criticism (because you're right, they've done a terrible job), but the constant complaining is kind of ruining the atmosphere of PSU General. I'm disappointed by the delays and errors too, but I don't spend all my time on PSOW complaining about it because I don't want to contribute to that atmosphere of negativity.

Actually, I think people have a right (and good reason) to complain. But when some people complain over and over about every little thing, it starts to get repetitive. And when you multiply that by the number of people complaining, you end up with pages and pages of negative posts that I don't want or need to read through.

I still enjoy this game and the last thing I want is to "put it out of its misery." At the very least, I'd like to enjoy the time it has left without hearing "Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?"

xBladeM6x
Nov 3, 2008, 04:32 PM
Again, stukasa. You said it for me. :wacko:

Tetsaru
Nov 3, 2008, 07:42 PM
I've said it before, but I'll say it again: I love PSU, but I am SO FUCKING TIRED of Sega always fucking up things, and I'm sure most of us veterans here feel exactly the same way. I'm sure the quality of this game would increase 100-fold if it just got managed more properly...

...thus, I am awaiting the day when Segac goes bankrupt, and PSU gets set up on a private server for free. :3

GreenArcher
Nov 3, 2008, 09:01 PM
Sega isn't going to go bankrupt, PSU is simply going to stop bringing in any profit and then the servers will go down and hopefully a private server will be up by this time :wacko:

Kent
Nov 3, 2008, 09:29 PM
Sega isn't going to go bankrupt, PSU is simply going to stop bringing in any profit and then the servers will go down and a hopefully private server will be up by this time :wacko:
This.

Sega is a big-name third-party publisher now. Just one subscription-based game going down the toilet won't bring them down, since they'll still be making oodles of money shoveling out all sorts of things from a myriad of various development studios.

DraginHikari
Nov 4, 2008, 01:48 AM
Sega isn't going to go bankrupt, PSU is simply going to stop bringing in any profit and then the servers will go down and hopefully a private server will be up by this time :wacko:

The ones who did it for PSO don't plan on doing it for PSU... so unless someone actually took the time to figure out how to make something like that work it's probably not happening.

lantis-zagato
Nov 7, 2008, 03:25 PM
Here's the thing for me. I like this game, and want to love it. I play as much as I can but do get bored sometimes. Heres the kicker though. It's just a game. I don't want something that is supposed to be enjoyable to ruin my day because "blank" update is behind or "blank" boxes are bugged and don't drop shit. IF you are still playing this game then there is something you enjoy about it. So go ahead and continue to enjoy what is offered instead of complaining about what isn't. And, if that is not enough then know when to step away and find something else that you could enjoy more. Sometimes easier said than done but thats how I feel. Perfect game...no. Enjoyable...yes. Reading complaints on this site is just a way for me to waste time more than to rant myself or empathize with whoever has a beef with SToA. I do feel, however, that constant complaints and ranting do retract from the overall number of players who play or might consider playing. But then again, those who choose not to play probably have something else that they find more enjoyable.