PDA

View Full Version : Chillaura is stepping down.

EspioKaos
Oct 29, 2008, 12:35 PM
http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=91196

Chill just posted this surprising announcement. Come this Friday, he'll be stepping down as GM and leaving that up to Ruby and Edward.

Anduril
Oct 29, 2008, 12:37 PM
That's interesting. I just hope this isn't a harbinger of worse things to come.

Kizeragi
Oct 29, 2008, 12:38 PM
o_o;

Must have been too much for him to handle.
Respect for Chill though, he liked his job and defo tried his best to get things done, sadly nothing changed. He's a good person though.

Neith
Oct 29, 2008, 12:42 PM
Hmm, it'll be interesting to see how PSU goes without Chill- unfortunately he seemed like one of the few people who gave a damn about the well-being of the game and its community.

I don't really blame him for stepping down though- must've been a hell of a job at times (as in..from MAG until now)

Kylie
Oct 29, 2008, 12:50 PM
Poor, Chill. Is this an admission of us being scewed?

Uncle_bob
Oct 29, 2008, 12:54 PM
I really appreciate the support and passion of the Phantasy Star online community, it was always interesting. I especially want to thank the community organizers for their contributions to this game as well as the mods for their assistance putting out fires. Clumsy Orchid, Eggshen, Ruby Eclipse, Max@SEGA and Edward@SEGA have been great to work with and all (except Eggy) are still around to keep PSU moving forward.

Hahas.

Sinue_v2
Oct 29, 2008, 12:56 PM
unfortunately he seemed like one of the few people who gave a damn about the well-being of the game and its community.

Be that the case, then I wonder if that exact reason was not a large (or at least moderate) consideration in his decision to step down. It's not easy to give a shit when your superiors don't.

amtalx
Oct 29, 2008, 12:56 PM
I'm really impressed he managed to put up with being our punching bag for this long. GMs are basically PR reps with some mod abilities thrown in. ST gets to hide behind them while the GMs are in the unfortunate position of being the only ones available to suffer our wrath when we want to complain. They have to accept the responsibility for all of ST and SoA's screw-ups, yet don't have the power to do anything about it. Regardless, he did a good job of dealing with a lose-lose situation (for him) for so long.

Neith
Oct 29, 2008, 01:00 PM
Be that the case, then I wonder if that exact reason was not a large (or at least moderate) consideration in his decision to step down. It's not easy to give a shit when your superiors don't.

Believe me, the thought crossed my mind as well. Chill honestly deserved better- as much as I love PSU, I don't think I could put up with the community crying out for improvements while being told it isn't happening by your superiors.

redroses
Oct 29, 2008, 01:00 PM
Wow, this is really sad, Chillaura was a really great GM and he has done and tried to many things for PSU and put a lot of work and effort in it.

But to be honest I can't really say it's surprising...I mean after all he tried and done he never really got that much back from the community. I mean all you have to do is go to the official forums and look at all the bitching thats going on there (and it's starting to get here just as bad). And often the GM's are blamed for a lot and all they get to feel/see is all the complaints and hate, even though they can't even do anything for most of the part. All they ever got to hear lately is that you can't take them serious and especially not what they say.
Anyway, I don't know if this is the reason he left or maybe only a small reason or not a reason at all.

Well, I wish Chillaura the best of luck with what he does next and hope he enjoys it. And I hope he maybe comes back one day just to play as a normal player =3

Eleina
Oct 29, 2008, 01:02 PM
Even the GMs quit PSU. Pretty much a sign of how fast this boat is sinking.

Cracka_J
Oct 29, 2008, 01:10 PM
Good to see he ended up doing what was right, for him personally.

I didn't know him, and I was one of "those guys" that dropped him a nasty pm during the whole MAG ordeal, but if he was indeed a trustworthy, sane, moral individual, then he had no business at SOA to begin with.

Best of luck to you man, I went through the same thing a few years back. I'm sure you'll miss it at times too, just know there are much better jobs out there for honest people. Hope you get lucky enough to find one.

Para
Oct 29, 2008, 01:12 PM
Imo Chillaura was compassionate with the players of PSU and tried as much as he can in his power to keep the game going at a decent pace. However upper management gave him and his people a screwjob.

Thanks Chill and good luck.

PepperCat
Oct 29, 2008, 01:13 PM
Well I didn't want to post this on the "Official" forums but here's a response that Chill sent me:

No this has more to do with me wanting to take some chances and pursue other interests then any disappointment with SEGA. Everyone on Sonic Team in Japan that I have dealt with were very nice and cared about our version of PSU, but they were just the translators. I have no idea what the lead PSU developers really think about us, but I don't think they are just xenophobic or racist.

-Chill

I feel bad for posting this and making the Private Message public, but I think WE SHOULD ALL TRY TO BE A LITTLE LESS PARANOID from now on, if at all possible. XD

Pep.

CelestialBlade
Oct 29, 2008, 01:15 PM
This is what I've been thinking for a while.

Chill deserves so much better, and I hope he finds a much better area to put his level of dedication into in the future.

amtalx
Oct 29, 2008, 01:15 PM
Well I didn't want to post this on the "Official" forums but here's a response that Chill sent me:

I feel bad for posting this and making the Private Message public, but I think WE SHOULD ALL TRY TO BE A LITTLE LESS PARANOID from now on, if at all possible. XD

Pep.

Don't read into that too much. PM or not, its not a good idea to burn your bridges when you leave a position. He's not stupid.

Syaoran_69
Oct 29, 2008, 01:16 PM
My response to this news
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w298/Syaoran_69/sadface.jpg

Mikura
Oct 29, 2008, 01:22 PM
It's sad to see him go. He was easily one of the best GMs we ever had in PSU, and he did his job the best he could given his crappy situation with ST. I hope whatever chances or endeavors that he is pursuing work out for him.

God speed Chill. We'll miss you.

Dark Emerald EXE
Oct 29, 2008, 01:22 PM
My response to this news
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w298/Syaoran_69/sadface.jpg

Nice
i actually laughed about this

Powder Keg
Oct 29, 2008, 01:54 PM
Great for Chill is he found something better.

DreXxiN
Oct 29, 2008, 03:05 PM
Lol, bye PSU.

Tyreek
Oct 29, 2008, 03:10 PM
At least he doesn't have to put up with the BS anymore. He deserved better.

RemiusTA
Oct 29, 2008, 03:19 PM
He was a great guy.

Dont really care though. He could try all he wants but he was never able to relay any kind of useful information to us.

Sega shouldn't have GMs if they arent going to do enough to even make them any kind of useful. Im glad Chillaura quit, because i would have BEEN finished putting up with this shit.

Darius_Drake
Oct 29, 2008, 03:24 PM
I hope Chill does realize among the complaints that he was recognized as a good guy and someone who truly did care about our PSU servers. The problems that plague PSU are clearly beyond his control, but I respect him for his honesty in being up front with the community about what was going on. It has to be a pain to always be the bearer of bad news. He deserved to be the one to break that great news the community finally gets to make up for all the past mistakes. (I know, I know, before you all laugh at me about that last statement.)

Aorre
Oct 29, 2008, 04:10 PM
My laugh of the day here. I have no idea what he's like behind the computer screen, so I don't really care. It will be entertaining to see how things play out.

System-Id
Oct 29, 2008, 04:24 PM
http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=91196

Chill just posted this surprising announcement. Come this Friday, he'll be stepping down as GM and leaving that up to Ruby and Edward.

lulz even GM's are quitting
YOOOOOOOOOOOOL
xD

Gunslinger-08
Oct 29, 2008, 04:38 PM
I don't know if he was a good guy or any of that stuff, but he gets credit from me for simply dealing with the community for so long. We're some nasty, bloodthirsy, violent players, the lot of us.

Noblewine
Oct 29, 2008, 05:33 PM
I never met in him in-game but best of luck to him.

Arika
Oct 29, 2008, 05:55 PM
It is obviously that he was fed up with too much negative feed back.
I can see this will also happen the same to other GMs, if the things keep going in the same way.

although the update will still be the same, since GM never control the update since the started.
I don't think it will be worse or better.

Turb0
Oct 29, 2008, 06:00 PM
:-(:-(:-(:-(:-(:-(:-(:-(:-(:-(:-(:-(:-(:-(:-(:-(:-(:-( He'll definitely be missed. I wish him good luck with wherever he decides to go from here, he deserves it.

Zero-Sensei
Oct 29, 2008, 06:02 PM
*Sigh.* That is all...

lanvandam
Oct 29, 2008, 07:09 PM
if he is steping down then its a bad look 4 us. segac must have told him to tell us more bullshit and he wasnt having it. BYEZ CHILLAURA the only GM to ever answer my questions

ParadiTester
Oct 29, 2008, 07:21 PM
It is obviously that he was fed up with too much negative feed back.
I can see this will also happen the same to other GMs, if the things keep going in the same way.

I agree, he realized it was a dead end job and I hope he finds something that is more suited for his skills, but even then, I have never met ChillAura online playing PSU and I got the feeling that he didnt even care about getting involved with the community and didnt care much to listen to our ideas/bawing of PSU. Perhaps because he was "busy". Hmmm...

Come to think of it the only person I really see as an active GM is Ruby, not that I'm saying he is the best, because he did screw up in the past, but perhaps if Ruby and this Edward take over, there may be a chance of PSU being great again.

PSU has so much potential and great content, players just need to hope for a better system of management :\

Anyways, I dont mean to offend anyone, im just kinda saying it how it is. :\ Well good luck Chill, thanks for trying your best as our GM.

DAMASCUS
Oct 30, 2008, 12:55 AM
I'm sure that its hard making announcements that seem feasible only to find out that it isn't going to be allowed/possible. Although they're not literal promises I would get tired of making 'empty promises' and reading about how disappointed people are...and should be.

DarkEliteRico
Oct 30, 2008, 03:18 AM
We will miss him, honestly one of the few GM's that tried to support us through thick and thin. Hopefully someone as good as him will replace him as our main point of contact with our in game issues. Sounds like things may get worse for us now that he's gone though

ForteGunnerW
Oct 30, 2008, 03:25 AM
is he quiting the game too? if he does PSU is doomed

KunoTatewaki
Oct 30, 2008, 04:04 AM
Chillaura from what I knew was a good GM but I hope him well in his future where it may go.

sephiroth115
Oct 30, 2008, 10:01 AM
Chill seemed like a good GM. He will be missed. Its unfortunate that he was usually the one that really tried to attempt to get us any info. Lots of people quitting, you know its bad when the GMs give up too. hmmm....

ErtaiClou
Oct 30, 2008, 11:12 AM
Uh-oh Ruby, say goodbye to all that free playtime lol

Majarra
Oct 30, 2008, 05:47 PM
Ahh yes yes as i look into this crystal ball i see.......i see.....him joing EPIC and him and cliff blezenski are great pals. And cliff even lets him borrow his lamborghini. Now he doesnt have to use that pick up truck with the SEGA logo on it! Its sucks though. He was really the only GM that would answer questions.

zandra117
Oct 31, 2008, 03:14 PM
http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?p=1068640#1068640

666 on Halloween ROFL

Mikura
Oct 31, 2008, 03:50 PM
At least he has excellent timing when he decided to leave. >_>

Danny_Dark
Oct 31, 2008, 04:26 PM
At least he has excellent timing when he decided to leave. >_>

666 EVIL...

Ryna
Oct 31, 2008, 04:48 PM
It is a shame to see him leave. He seemed like a decent guy in-game and through his forum posts.

zandra117
Oct 31, 2008, 05:29 PM
I had the chance to chat with him before he left. He said that he plans on still working in the online gaming industry.

SeanxFayt1993
Oct 31, 2008, 05:42 PM
lol 666 huh.... and when I saw em in the game he wasn't like the other GMs , he was cool =p

Squeezit
Nov 1, 2008, 11:51 AM
SEGA even sent me on a sailing trip last week:

oh so thats what happened to lightning carnival...

Adama
Nov 1, 2008, 12:03 PM
no backing from higher up, irate paying customers demanding for content which other customers recieve months prior.... not the healthiest working conditions to be honest, cant blame him at all for wanting to step down

Arcturus_
Nov 2, 2008, 01:07 AM

Interesting.

Do you know if by "translators" he meant people acting specifically as liaisons between SOJ & SOA or the localization team? Either way, the lack of a contact (or contacts) in the management ranks at ST goes a long way to explain what's happened (or more accurately, what's not happened) with our version of the game. I'm sure the translators are sympathetic to our plight since their employment depends upon a vibrant English-speaking market for Sega products, but they'd have virtually zero leverage over the actions of the development team.

Aussei
Nov 2, 2008, 01:23 PM
It's like a presidential election gone bad.

Anon_Fire
Nov 3, 2008, 12:31 AM
Such a shame to lose a great GM. :-(

susaru7
Nov 3, 2008, 12:56 AM
i wonder why the sega Gm keeping leaving, soon or later all the experience gm are gonna be gone. And then that when i think the game will go further in gutter.

Squeezit
Nov 4, 2008, 03:48 PM
Melchoir is my favorite

Ruby's cool too

i dislike Clumsy

bp_shoruko
Nov 4, 2008, 04:35 PM
this is certainly a sign of things to come...

PepperCat
Nov 4, 2008, 08:08 PM
Melchoir is my favorite

Ruby's cool too

i dislike Clumsy

Melchior and Ruby are the same person Squeez... ;)

lumia fanatic
Nov 4, 2008, 09:58 PM
omg i just read the first post so is psu coming to an end?? 0.0

Squeezit
Nov 5, 2008, 10:38 AM
Melchior and Ruby are the same person Squeez... ;)

^^;

well hey atleast it was clumsy and melchior were the same person =D

Ken_Silver
Nov 5, 2008, 01:42 PM
Ouch. Just popped in to see what's up with PSU and I hear this. Ouch some more.

Hope Chill finds a better job. I mean, as a start up to my own career, I wouldn't mind being a GM for a game like PSU. (Too bad I am on the East Coast.) So I kind of looked up to him. As a role model of doing what you can, with little to no resources.

I wish him luck with his future and I hope that all of talk of Rats leaving a sinking ship is just that: Talk.