PDA

View Full Version : New Scan - 10/30/08

Percival
Oct 30, 2008, 12:11 PM
Possible spoilers ahead

New scan here (http://img137.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=74781_PS0_122_1151lo.jpg&loc=loc1151) (Poor quality heavily compressed jpeg)

A Behaded Cast? I wonder if decapitation is lethal for a cast.
A boss. (Squid Thing)
Better view of a story line character first seen in the trailer. He looks like an Antagonist to me. Isn't that a stag cutlery in his hands? He could be a Hume or a NEwman. No way to tell because of his headgear. (Might be intentional) If he turns out to be a newman, he could be related to Sarisa. :D Edit: Evila noticed that his uniform is almost identical to a HUnewm uniform. Good catch. I'm almost positive he is HUnewn now.

Most of what is seen on this scan was seen in the official trailer.

The Mysterious Guy(?) :
http://homepage.mac.com/srobert/.Pictures/WepPicPosts/Reeve.png
I can see why Evila thought the character was a lady.
Note: Gonzo is not the character's name, it's part of the credits that are rolling over the video.

The Boss:
http://homepage.mac.com/srobert/.Pictures/WepPicPosts/Octo.png

And it looks like we've also seen that Cast head in the trailer… still attached to its body. In-game decapitation!
http://homepage.mac.com/srobert/.Pictures/WepPicPosts/Casthead.png

Japanese readers, help us squeeze the juicy details out of this scan.

Shiroyu
Oct 30, 2008, 12:34 PM
New boss name is Octodiabo. The storyline char's name can be romanized as "Reeve"... which is a bit awkward.

Raevae? Rayvae? Reyvei? <_<

Edit: I believe the box under Octodiabo is just saying stuff we already know about character creation.

Edit 2: I also believe that above Octo is something regarding story mode, and that the Cast's head has something to do with Octo.

Evila
Oct 30, 2008, 12:43 PM
Haha what. When I saw that character back in the first trailer, I assumed it was a girl. Now I'm confused... D: Thanks for the new scan.

Percival
Oct 30, 2008, 12:47 PM
I love the look of the Cast's head. The crest on the head gives it a Roman Optio Legionary look. :)

I want one for my cast character.

Edit: Reeve sounds decent for a name, although, it normally is a surname.

Evila
Oct 30, 2008, 03:32 PM
Haw, that little note you posted about a possible relation to Salisa made me take a closer look at his character design. It looks like he's a HUnewm. Why he's hiding his ears, I don't know. Check it out.

Percival
Oct 30, 2008, 03:36 PM
Haw, that little note you posted about a possible relation to Salisa made me take a closer look at his character design. It looks like he's a HUnewm. Why he's hiding his ears, I don't know. Check it out.

How did I miss that. You're right, the uniforms are almost identical.

Aumi
Oct 30, 2008, 04:07 PM
I took him as a guy from the first time I saw him. Characters looking like that in anime and manga are almost always guys, often villains. I'd say he's some important HUnewm villain. :wacko:

AlexCraig
Oct 30, 2008, 04:08 PM
I took him as a guy from the first time I saw him. Characters looking like that in anime and manga are almost always guys, often villains. I'd say he's some important HUnewm villain. :wacko:

Or a villain who turns good and helps the heroes (but inevitably dies in the end).

Saphion
Oct 30, 2008, 04:16 PM
Who do we reckon is inevitably going to get possessed by Falz then?

Aumi
Oct 30, 2008, 04:25 PM
Or a villain who turns good and helps the heroes (but inevitably dies in the end).

That'd make sense too. :wacko:

Leviathan
Oct 30, 2008, 04:55 PM
Either way it looks cool.

Anyone else notice the pirate looking man in that picture? He's pointing at the Hunewm?

Shiroyu
Oct 30, 2008, 05:26 PM
The pirate guy is kind of a mascot of Famitsu, he usually appears in a large percentage of the article thingies.

furrypaws
Oct 30, 2008, 08:14 PM
If they're following the same general idea as PSO, then yes, CASTs can operate without a head. If anyone who played remembers Letter from Lionel, well...it was a slightly frustrating quest in which you had Lionel the CAST's body and you were receiving transmissions from his (severed) head, telling you where to find his other (dismembered) limbs.

Aumi
Oct 31, 2008, 07:08 AM
But that sounds more like the head can operate without the body, but the body can't without the head... Or what?