PDA

View Full Version : Seriously Why are you people still playing?

BigBadWolf
Oct 30, 2008, 05:54 PM
I really want to know why people are still playing, and more importantly PAYING $_$ to play this seemingly dead game (PC/PS2 servers at least). This game's economy was destroyed about a year ago, you have to spam the exact SAME mission for 30 to 40 levels, and you're 8 months behind in content.

AND YOU STILL PLAY?!?!

Seriously I want to know what I'm missing here about this game that keeps you guys logging in everyday to grind more exp/meseta because I'm thinking about coming back too. Now don't get me wrong I don't hate PSU, but I honestly believe this game has run it's course, the only reason why I'm coming back is because there are still friends in this game that absolutely refuse to leave. Refuse!?

I remember a long time ago the developers for PSU were talking about PSO and how it lasted for 6years or something, even though they blatantly admitted it was never designed to live that long. They said that they were going to reinvent PSO with PSU with a game that would have more content and last longer, but I honestly believe that 2years is plenty.

I can't cancell my account though, even though I've stopped caring, because my friends won't play anything else, and I really want to know wtf am I missing? What do you think's gonna happen to the dedicated players finally hit level 200 cap and AotI has finally been concluded?
Will you still play even then?

I don't mean to sound jaded, but I'm sure everyone has asked themselves this question at some point, I know my answer for still paying to play PSU, and I want to hear yours.

Majarra
Oct 30, 2008, 06:05 PM
The quests are so epic and the storyline is better than fables and fallouts. Duh.

BIGGIEstyle
Oct 30, 2008, 06:15 PM
I really want to know why people are still playing, and more importantly PAYING $_$ to play this seemingly dead game (PC/PS2 servers at least). This game's economy was destroyed about a year ago, you have to spam the exact SAME mission for 30 to 40 levels, and you're 8 months behind in content.

AND YOU STILL PLAY?!?!

Seriously I want to know what I'm missing here about this game that keeps you guys logging in everyday to grind more exp/meseta because I'm thinking about coming back too. Now don't get me wrong I don't hate PSU, but I honestly believe this game has run it's course, the only reason why I'm coming back is because there are still friends in this game that absolutely refuse to leave. Refuse!?

I remember a long time ago the developers for PSU were talking about PSO and how it lasted for 6years or something, even though they blatantly admitted it was never designed to live that long. They said that they were going to reinvent PSO with PSU with a game that would have more content and last longer, but I honestly believe that 2years is plenty.

I can't cancell my account though, even though I've stopped caring, because my friends won't play anything else, and I really want to know wtf am I missing? What do you think's gonna happen to the dedicated players finally hit level 200 cap and AotI has finally been concluded?

I don't mean to sound jaded, but I'm sure everyone has asked themselves this question at some point, I know my answer for still paying to play PSU, and I want to hear yours.

You aren't missing anything. It's the same game for everyone who's playing it. Some it works for, some it doesn't. If you don't enjoy playing anymore, no amount of people telling you you should will make you.

I understand it's frustrating when you lose the will to play a game that everyone else is playing, but it;s really your choice man. If you don't like it, let it go. I play PSU because I enjoy running with all the great friends I've made and my characters still need more work in levels and gear.

Once you do everything you wanted to do, have the best equipment, stacks of meseta, 4 capped 140's, there ain't much else left to do until new shit comes out. I was lucky enough to have a full-time job and a tabletop gaming group that ate enough of my time during MAG1 and 2 that I didnt cap all my characters. I don't get to farm as often as others do so I don't have things to sell or trade for multi-millions of meseta, and I'm THANKFUL for that. I still have tons to do and my game still holds my interest even over all the other games out there (also highly in part to the fact I don't own a next-gen console beyond a PS2)

Just try and find something you still have to do in the game man, and if you don't have anything, cancel and resub once there is. That's all you can do at that point.

CelestialBlade
Oct 30, 2008, 06:24 PM
Because I can. I enjoy the game.

Libram
Oct 30, 2008, 06:25 PM
There's nothing wrong with enjoying a game if other people don't.

Green_Bandit
Oct 30, 2008, 06:45 PM
I believe its more of a collection thing. You have bullets,PA's,and techs to level. Customization is the issue. When you have your main charecter running around looking like a true bad ass in some form or another thats you there. Each character represents a person. I think thats what it mainly is.

Now Me? I play because its a good game. It started out ruff in the begining and its the game concept like how it was in DC/GC/XB. Its jst a good concept. Now the lack of support doesn't make it a bad game it just makes it not worth $10. It it was $5 a month thats a whole different story. If we were getting pdates like JP would this be an even better game? Hell yeah! Would anyone have conplaints? A few maybe, not many though.

I've been saying this over and over and over again. Yeah, PS2/PC is on the brink and I don't think there is any saving that. But the Xbox 360 version has the problem! Once again...WB! If we all played the damn game the way it was supposed to be played this would be a much better place.

Why spam WB? I don't want to hear the meseta/exp argument. Thats old and not a good enough excuse. Would you be happier if the game was played how it was supposed to be? Running Stage to next to next to next to next, hey lets jump to another planet! Stage to next to next to next to next? Anyone would love that?! Thats how the game was supposed to be played. Why do yo think GBR was made like that?

Why are we all in Uni 1 Leo (Guide) still? Somebody tell me?! Are we really that stupid?! Are you guiding some one? No? GTFO Uni 1 then! If we don't like the game we play in then its our faults but I bet if the game was played how it was supposed to be these lack of updates would be alot more bearable because if you needed a party you could find one. Whats the excuse?

Step 1: The message needs to get out to get outta uni 1

Step 2: We need to stop spamming WB Yeah, its not that simple but combined with other steps its pretty easy. So what WB gives more Exp/Mes its still only a bit more. And what difference does it make about the Exp when events can cap you anyway? Money is what you want? Run groves find a Degahna or Needle or whatever weapon that commands a price and sell it. Instantly more money than you could have made at WB in a month!

Step 3: Run the damn missions like they were supposed to! You'll find more stuff and parties.

Problem solved!

Kizeragi
Oct 30, 2008, 06:50 PM

There's nothing wrong with enjoying a game if other people don't.

This and this. I still play because good friends of mine do, and for me this game isn't dead until they quit.

BIGGIEstyle
Oct 30, 2008, 06:52 PM
Step 1: The message needs to get out to get outta uni 1

Don't forget "Get out of Uni 2" for us PC/PS2 ppl :P

Step 2: We need to stop spamming WB Yeah, its not that simple but combined with other steps its pretty easy. So what WB gives more Exp/Mes its still only a bit more. And what difference does it make about the Exp when events can cap you anyway? Money is what you want? Run groves find a Degahna or Needle or whatever weapon that commands a price and sell it. Instantly more money than you could have made at WB in a month!

Can I still run it to level my low-level characters ? LoL

Step 3: Run the damn missions like they were supposed to! You'll find more stuff and parties.

Maybe not how it was supposed to be... if it was supposed to be like that we wouldn't have the transport to lobby system LoL But I agree the game is more enjoyable when you don't do the same thing over and over and over and over again.

Wiz
Oct 30, 2008, 06:57 PM
Umm, why are YOU still here?

If you hate the game so much, then just go away.

Simple as that. :roll:

seph_monkey
Oct 30, 2008, 06:58 PM
i play psu because its the only mmo type game that doesnt have alot of fairy tale type things which im not too fond of and if other people are then thats there thing.

the way psu plays is great to me i like that its a run and just hit as many things as you can as fast as you can with some tactic to it, believe it or not.

im not a fan of the point and click thing, i dont play many games infact psu is pretty much the only game i play which i dont play so much, but i watch my brother pretty much play every mmo out there in hopes to find a replacement, and they all kinda seem the same to me.

most other games need alot of your time and that bothers me so i just dont play them

also i dont play white beast, i solo or play with friends so the community doesnt bother me so much either. i spend alot time helping newbies really cause the low members of the community are the back bone of keeping psu alive, imo.

Zael
Oct 30, 2008, 07:06 PM
For the people?

Gunslinger-08
Oct 30, 2008, 07:12 PM
I still play because good friends of mine do, and for me this game isn't dead until they quit.

I couldn't have said it better myself. I still play for the friends I've made over my one year of playing. On top of that, I've always kept a slow pace with leveling and hunting new rares, so I'm yet to burn out.

Kylie
Oct 30, 2008, 07:25 PM
Cause they wanna. ;o I'm taking a break from the game while it's in this slump, but I'll be playing again sooner or later. I suppose my reasoning for that is simply that I like the game when you cut out all the BS.

autumn
Oct 30, 2008, 07:37 PM
Because some of us still enjoy this game, I know I do. I'm grinding at least for a little bit daily to level bullets and technics, I run missions for rare items I've never had seeing as farming>buying imo. Keeps me fresh ^_^ I still need 4-5 more psycho wands. I'll be excited to see an agito repca drop someday. I'm always deleting and recreating characters so I see all the new people who join and I have others who find this game exciting. This game is one of a kind, far better then th sit, click and watch combat games, so I figure its good enough for me to dump 10 bucks a month too.

Cracka_J
Oct 30, 2008, 07:53 PM
because I have a 180 day sub that's not up til january.

Rust
Oct 30, 2008, 07:56 PM
I still play because I have lots of things to do on there. I have no character above lvl 100.
Well, I have no interest in hunting gear since it involves spamming the same mission so I just take it as it comes.

I mostly still play because of great people I found of there and the unique features this game has.

II_Tokio_II
Oct 30, 2008, 08:20 PM
I still play because I like it, I have good friends on it, it's fun, and I still have a lot to do.

Treize K
Oct 30, 2008, 09:26 PM
PSU FTW!!!

Padium
Oct 30, 2008, 10:26 PM
If you are having a lot of issues, please post in my improvements thread.... I am putting together all imporvement ideas and sending them to sega on behalf of the psow community.

Meta77
Oct 30, 2008, 10:45 PM
Even though most say they hate the game still love it deep within thier hearts.

Powder Keg
Oct 30, 2008, 11:11 PM
I quit when most of my other friends did. It got to the point where if you weren't in White Beast and the little friends that were left weren't online, you were playing alone. Screw that.

Micro
Oct 30, 2008, 11:43 PM

Same here, except mine is Feb. :disapprove:

Dark Emerald EXE
Oct 30, 2008, 11:48 PM
Whats keeping me sane is that i want my bullets for GM to be 31-40 and im almost there ^_^
If i get my goals and master classes arent here then i might just take a little break.

DarthLasek
Oct 31, 2008, 12:41 AM
Still going for my full rucar palette since day one....also...still hunting repca....the only one that i ever had drop some kid joined took it 25 seconds in and took off...sure i get bored but i pass time with friends and still hope one day ill get that feeling again and want to spam like i used to

Eleina
Oct 31, 2008, 02:33 AM
I don't play! :D
Sub died and i was happy not renewing it!!!

sikotic_demon
Oct 31, 2008, 03:20 AM
i have found that not capping all my charecters and also following the "NO SPAMING white beast" rule to help keep me in the game. the other is for the friends ive met and might soon meet. also another way to keep it interresting is if you are a fighter try using weaker PA moves. in my opinion you dont need to try to burn through a run as fast as you can unless it is timed.

ForteGunnerW
Oct 31, 2008, 03:50 AM
I like PSU i dont really care what anyone thinks PSU isnt done Just Yet....

ashley50
Oct 31, 2008, 04:12 AM
I play because i can play...

is there a problem with playing a game that one enjoys and you don't?

Micki_Monday
Oct 31, 2008, 07:52 AM
I only renewed my sub cuz a couple friends of mine wanted to play again and asked me to. Otherwise I woulda quit this game looooooong ago and never thought about it again lol.
Aside from what one person may like or dislike about the game, one principal factor for me is just the total lack of profesionalism and extremely poor service. Any other profesional business that produces a product which requires a monthly investment from it's consumers should never behave this poorly.
It nags at me that my 10 bucks just comtinue to promote Sega's seriously bad profesionalism over on our side but eh.. oh well. My friends and I all have diff systems and this is the only game we can all play together atm. So, I fork over my $10 (when the servers can actually take it.. >.> ) although I dont really want to XD

Marron_Shido
Oct 31, 2008, 08:19 AM
I play meet and hang out with new people. I've always like games where I can always help new people out. I also love the assortment of weapons and clothing in this game. I also like the fact this game doesn't nerf fighter types like other games were magic users always seem to overpowered and fight type suck.

xBladeM6x
Oct 31, 2008, 09:39 AM
Because I enjoy the game. The game itself if amazing. The only problem is the lack of updates, and robot lag. That's IT. And you are going to tell me that you have nothing better to do than just complain and wait for update after update? Nothing to level? No good weapons to get? Nothing?

Exactly. Stfu and Gtfo. :rant:

Kinako78
Oct 31, 2008, 09:56 AM

This. It's that simple.

darkante
Oct 31, 2008, 10:31 AM
this game doesn't nerf fighter types like other games were magic users always seem to overpowered and fight type suck.

Now itīs the other way around, haha. The opposite game. XD

DEM_CIG
Oct 31, 2008, 11:11 AM
I still play the game because it is relaxing... I can just run with my same group of friends that I have known for a year or a year and a half and relax, have a good time and hunt for stuff. I could careless about the missions and about the stuff that you get. To me what makes the game still fun is that I have people to enjoy running with.

Marron_Shido
Oct 31, 2008, 11:16 AM
I'm honestly board with games where the spell casters are always the main damage dealers. I'm perfectly content with spell casters playing support and crowd control over swarms of little monsters.

Tianna
Oct 31, 2008, 11:49 AM
First off, Hi Hon and I miss you and Ashe.
The only reason I have ever come close to quitting is because friends quitting. But I met knew friends that are cool too and it seems that just when I get slightly bored I have something happen that makes me stick around longer. For example: I started soloing SW S2 because friends left and I found 8 pwand[b]s in about 32 days total. O.o

All 3 of my alts are level 1, 1, and 7 each with a different class/race that I haven't even played yet because I was caught up in FG and hunting rares. I have alot left to do.

Darius_Drake
Oct 31, 2008, 11:56 AM
I still play because I am basically a sword collector. I have yet to find my first Agito Repca board, and the Chainsawd+ and Flowen's Greatsword+ aren't available yet to get. Outside of hunting rares I like running missions with friends as this game can be very relaxing and social. I am not rich in the game but even that is not an issue for me. I still have a lot to do and I guess I would like to see the master classes come, I still need to prepare a couple of characters for the jump.

Sinue_v2
Oct 31, 2008, 12:17 PM
I'm not playing anymore. I haven't quit yet either though, despite my lack of payment. I'm simply withholding my money until Sonic Team gives me something worth spending $10 on. A new story mission would suffice. I still like the game, more or less, but I won't pay for the privilege of something I use more primarily as a sleep-aid than as a source of enjoyment now that pretty much all of my friends have left and there is a content drought.

Mysterious-G
Oct 31, 2008, 12:27 PM
Hm.....
Give me some time to think about an answer.

stukasa
Oct 31, 2008, 01:27 PM
I really want to know why people are still playing, and more importantly PAYING $_$ to play this seemingly dead game (PC/PS2 servers at least).
It's not dead to me. If updates are the only thing you care about, come back when we get some. In the meantime, those of us who enjoy the game we've got will continue to do so.

autumn
Oct 31, 2008, 01:56 PM
Because I enjoy the game. The game itself if amazing. The only problem is the lack of updates, and robot lag. That's IT. And you are going to tell me that you have nothing better to do than just complain and wait for update after update? Nothing to level? No good weapons to get? Nothing?

Thank you

Danny_Dark
Oct 31, 2008, 04:23 PM

Agreed !

Grimhart
Oct 31, 2008, 05:22 PM

This. xD

Seriously, the Phantasy Star MMO series is truly unique compared to the various alternatives out there, such as the extremely "meh" WoW and the elitist haven that is FFXI.

PSU is the only thing out there right now that gives such a detailed character creation and such a fast-paced action RPG experience, plus the seamless blend of sci-fi and fantasy elements in its setting is hard to find elsewhere.

The only thing standing in this game's way is poor maintenance, which isn't even a problem unless you have absolutely nothing better to do than wait around for a new update that you'll burn yourself out on in a week's time anyway.

And as dwindling as the population may seem now, we all know the place is gonna fill right back up once the Lightning Carnival and Master Classes get their lazy butts over here. :\

Raveno
Oct 31, 2008, 07:44 PM
I have too much to do, in so little time it seems, I started in late june...didn't play that often when I got it, had my xbox repaired...so I've had some gaps between playing.....

I hope PSU has a turnaround, because I JUST STARTED!!!!

bupjo
Oct 31, 2008, 08:04 PM
for me and my wife, we still enjoy it for what it is.
-gotten attached to our characters.
-no game is without flaws...and though psu and sega arent perfect, we still find something to do. we enjoy hunting rares, leveling, trading and sharing weapons between she and i.
i figure it's pretty simple...those that love this game regardless of it's flaws will play it. those that do not, should just go away. it's like one man's garbage is another man's treasure.
we will continue to play until sega shuts it down for good. we're on 360

Shin_Damion
Nov 1, 2008, 10:52 AM
I have always loved Phantasy Star and with the online versions i have been hooked , yeah im late with PSU but i mean really i love this series :) I was playing PSo for about 4 years

Squeezit
Nov 1, 2008, 11:35 AM

AND YOU STILL PLAY?!?!

well we knew you stopped caring about psu so we're like OMG WE LOVE THIS GAME

besides didnt you just answer your own question by saying your own reason?
most of us play for our friends, and some of us actually enjoy the game.

I personally love psu, i just hate their lack of customer service and lack of advertising.

otherwise its a really good game.

Hiro_EtBlue
Nov 1, 2008, 08:24 PM
I mainly play because some friends of mine refuses to play anything else. I also enjoy the gameplay and there are not any other mmorpg's on the 360 (other than turn based FFXI).

Noblewine
Nov 1, 2008, 10:21 PM
The game is simple and fun to play after work. Its a really fun compared to the old version. I enjoy playing it so I don't get bored with PSU easily.

-Ryuki-
Nov 2, 2008, 02:04 PM
Sometimes, I wonder why people still play this game, too, but having had played the game for as long as I did, I know why. PSU made it so the player was able to make their avatar unique. Be it "them" in PSU form, a character they created themself, a "joke character", etc etc. One of the reasons why I personally loved PSU was character creation, and a few of you know I had a tendacy to keep making new and/or recreating characters >.> Aside from that, playing as "you" in the storyline of PSU was pretty neat in MY opinion. It made you feel included (even though you basically came off as that "Hey you! We could use your help since you're here.." kind of person). Weapon synthing, grinding, and farming.. tedious, but the satisfaction gained from it all has been known to make many smile. Not just weapons, but even things as simple as a room decoration. The gameplay? Gameplay of PSU doesn't suck, nor has it changed (much). It's fast, flashy, and cool.

So why has PSU started becoming more of an eyesore to some people and others? You can say it's because there's nothing to do~ You can say it's the lack of players, or even the lack of content. I personally don't know why we went from 2 full uni's to a uni that's barely-struggling to become full, and when I think about it.. I still don't have an answer. There's nothing wrong with the game itself. -Shrugs.-

A game is only fun if you make it fun. You can do a lot on PSU if you actually tried, rather than sitting around and waiting for things to happen.

darkfalz16
Nov 2, 2008, 02:34 PM
meh i still have an active account but havent played in a while i probably wont until an event or level cap increase comes

wolfie2
Nov 2, 2008, 05:38 PM
i still play coz there r a few friends that still play but mostly coz i still have lots to do with all my chars and theres still a bunch of weps i want/need for all of them. i dont like spamming one single mission but if i want in a party since i dont like to solo then sumtimes i have no choice in spamming. im always up for runnin any mission and always lookin for new friends so feel free to add me:-D

Genoa
Nov 2, 2008, 09:06 PM
Phantasy Star is pretty much a hit or miss kind of game. You either love it and won't give it up until it gives up on you, or you play it for a bit and get bored fast =/

Osias
Nov 3, 2008, 12:08 AM

AND YOU STILL PLAY?!?!

Simple...friends. I met them on PSO GameCube and continue to enjoy their company everytime I log onto PSU. Hopefully that online friendship will continue onto other consoles and the online games that we'll be playing on for years to come :jpsmile:.

darkante
Nov 3, 2008, 12:11 AM

AND YOU STILL PLAY?!?!

I play this game for friends and the gameīs unique style.
Really is a blast when this combo is made. :P

Tigereye
Nov 3, 2008, 10:49 PM
Personally, I have several reasons. Perhaps the main reason is the fact that I've grown attached to my alter ego Rosara, dating back to the Dreamcast version. Character customization, real time combat, sci-fi environment, soundtrack (though PSO's was definitely better, which made me wonder why Hideaki didn't compose more of the songs for PSU), as well as nostalgia name a few. Also, having the goal of maxing every PA (all techs, elemental bows, and all but 11 melee PAs are 40 at the time of this post) in the game keeps me going, as well as getting a full set of Serafi-Senbas.

In comparison toRagnarok Online and World Of Warcarft, they were strikingly similar with the point and click interface, which eventually got boring. Also, in both of those games, I wasn't surprised that almost everyone looked alike, starting from hairstyle/color to class and build.

As for PSU's balance issues newmen come to mind. As much as the general concensus shows that newmen are underpowered, I have my reasons for continuing to keep Rosara as one. Tradition is obviously one. Secondly, it also feels good not being a cookie cutter, which separates me from the bunch. As for their low ATP, grinds, weapon %s, arm units (Red and Lumirus/Knight come to mind), Shifta, Zalure (to an extent) and most importantly, Just Attack compensate. Having the 2nd best ATA doesn't hurt either because if higher level mobs need ridiculous ATA to hit (ala GC PSO) we're less likely to miss (though I admit the 2 units I mentioned help in this regard). As for Technic damage, only grinds, linking the same element to casting weapons, Retier, as well as head units are the only ways to raise technic damage. The problem with head units is that most players, including myself equip Quick units to cast faster, and in the case of Har/Quick, take a damage reduction penalty. Classwise, they do get statistical bonuses for many classes, including the unpopular WT. Besides, why be WT if you don't use offensive techs? Newmen give you that edge and as the level cap increases, their racial statistical bonuses will become more significant.

As for miscellaneous reasons, I'm a sucker for newman ears, if not how cute I can make them. I just can't stand a beast's nose, no matter how hard I try to fix it with makeovers. Also, it's plain amusing seeing an innocent looking newman in a dress (FOmarl robes come to mind) klling enemies with weapon PAs (Renkai Buyou-zan for instance) and they look adorable with bows IMO.

Anyway, though this is going off topic:

Though I don't post anywhere near as much as I used to during the PSO era, I'm still alive and well on PSU, though I'll have to get off my butt to update my FAQ on GameFAQs.

Eidolus_Dyne
Nov 4, 2008, 01:29 AM
Oi. This game is pretty rad, though the fact the community is dropping out like mad is a little depressing. I really hope a lot of us are just waiting for things to pick up from Sonic Team's end.

I wish the game would get rebalanced to deal with this WB nonsense, among some other fixes. But I refuse to quit because I don't want to add to the total destruction of the community.

Also, I really want to know. Does everyone who play this game only play to achieve goals, like levels... or to actually play with people and have fun? If the later is true, then revisiting old missions shouldn't be a problem. A lot of them are like alien territory to me now. It's a lot of fun to travel around.

Rambo!
Nov 4, 2008, 12:35 PM

ditto except mine is in February but I have only logged in once in the last 2 weeks

Finae
Nov 4, 2008, 12:51 PM
Who says I still play OP? Playing Phantasy Star Universe : Forums Edition is very fun and addicting.

Other than that, for some, its just something else to play when you are tired of some other game which I totally understand.

KaiNova7
Nov 4, 2008, 02:44 PM
Hunting certain rare items,the gameplay,building characters,and ofcourse playing with friends keep me coming back..Not to mention no other MORPG on the market atm,thats has similiar a style to psu..

Follisimo
Nov 4, 2008, 03:02 PM
I still play PSU because sometimes WoW has maintenance and I need to waste some time. The game was nice when it first came out but now it's just the same places spammed daily and there really isn't much fun in that. Also PSU takes absolutely no skill to play anymore.

Shin_Damion
Nov 4, 2008, 03:04 PM
It still can be fun, i just think that alot of people just take these type of games to seriously, as i said I love the game just because i think its just awesome

but we all have our own thoughts

xjustsumloser
Nov 4, 2008, 03:09 PM
3 of my best friends IRL and 2 of my really good online gaming friends used to play daily. But after the BS after MAG I unsubscribed, and everyone went with me. Yes this is one of the best party and social games out there, but I am not throwing money at sega for keeping updates from us. I myself dont understand what keeps people paying for this game, especially if they are not even playing it. But as long as people keeping paying for nothing, sega is gonna keep doing exactly that, nothing.

Squeezit
Nov 4, 2008, 03:44 PM
the biggest thing i like about psu that most online games dont have, is that you can make a new character that NOONE will have a duplicate of (this is why i dont wear clothes that are full suits, like the bikini, rappy suit, dress, etc...)

unicorn
Nov 4, 2008, 03:50 PM
I havent played in 2 months.

Picked it up today, but i'm afk tech lvling.

Its not the same game it was Pre-AoI, I think I had more fun back then.... but, maybe I just need a break.

hazerdous
Nov 5, 2008, 09:32 AM
What is the deal? We are so behind will we ever get caught up. It is so easy to get into un1 on Psu. I often wonder why I still pay to play I just need a new mmo to come and get me on the 360.

Will_Nonheim
Nov 5, 2008, 10:41 AM
I still play because I once quit for over a year. I was a 360 player but to me, the 360 community as a whole was unwelcoming.
I'm now on PC/PS2. Less people, but I guess they're more up my alley? It's more fun that way, and since thanks to my time off I -haven't- played every mission to death (....Save White Beast. I spammed it at one point. But like, no. I don't even WANT to go there anymore. Anything BUT White Beast), the game gets to still be interesting.
There's also the fact that my girlfriend is playing on the same account as me; the fact I've been teaching her how to play along with just helping her out brings a new experience to the game as well.
And finally, I just like the FEEL of the game. I'd rather have a sci-fi casual feel than another fantasy medieval setting.

To me, all this together spells fun, but hey, it's always a matter of opinion.
Sure, content updates coming sooner would be nice, but in the meantime I've got characters to cap, mission points to get, and a great many weapons I badly need to find materials for.

ARASHIKAGE
Nov 5, 2008, 11:23 AM
PSU is my game. I ride it out through think and thin, if im not having fun I take my breaks. I don't expect do be "wow'd" everying time I log in. To twist a famous baseball movie quote: "Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes you disconect."

|3eAsT |3oi
Nov 6, 2008, 04:26 AM
Because Its Fun.More Stuff Than Last Year

Syl
Nov 6, 2008, 05:03 AM
Could have been way better, but with me, it's just ridden past its prime. The fact that it was a pain to just log in meant something. Hopefully in a couple months it makes an awesome return, but til then I'm just playing WoW.

DarkEliteRico
Nov 6, 2008, 06:06 AM
I havent played in 2 months.

Picked it up today, but i'm afk tech lvling.

Its not the same game it was Pre-AoI, I think I had more fun back then.... but, maybe I just need a break.
I picked up the game again last night, spent almost 30 minutes looking for a group, had only one person on my entire friends list online (who got removed as well), even some of my associates in other clans weren't online.

Found a random person, and actually enjoyed the time we had doing a few runs while my wife cooked dinner. It wasn't enough to pull me back in, but next time I get on I'm going to just go for broke and play with randoms.

There are too many new and good games coming out during this time period to care much about the lack of support and REAL updates. Maybe when they have something new for us I'll give a shit for a few weeks again.

Cracka_J
Nov 6, 2008, 08:44 AM
There are too many new and good games coming out during this time period to care much about the lack of support and REAL updates. Maybe when they have something new for us I'll give a shit for a few weeks again.

QFT.

I used to wait with anticipation every day until I could get some PSU in. Now, there's just too many options to get excited over a game with 0 support. Fable 2 has been incredible, and I'm highly anticipating GoW2 tonight.

To pry me off of either of those games that offer so much to do will indeed be a challenge. I've already done EVERYTHING I need to do in PSU. Nothing short of masters/carnival is gonna pull me back into the game at this point. I think a lot of people must feel the same way.

dreamcaster0
Nov 6, 2008, 09:02 AM
I quit because I was getting bored with MAG over the summer and I was heading to college again. There are a lot of good games out right now like other people have been saying, but I'm also anticipating my return to PSU over Christmas break. :)

New_One
Nov 6, 2008, 10:00 AM
well this is depressing.

I just popped on here to see what was going on cause i'm thinking of coming back to PSU

But according to this thread, PSU seems like its pretty much done...

milka
Nov 6, 2008, 10:48 AM
Sega scammed me... I payd 6 months package!! Y_Y

DarkEliteRico
Nov 6, 2008, 12:11 PM
QFT.

I used to wait with anticipation every day until I could get some PSU in. Now, there's just too many options to get excited over a game with 0 support. Fable 2 has been incredible, and I'm highly anticipating GoW2 tonight.

To pry me off of either of those games that offer so much to do will indeed be a challenge. I've already done EVERYTHING I need to do in PSU. Nothing short of masters/carnival is gonna pull me back into the game at this point. I think a lot of people must feel the same way.

Hmmm, gamefly has yet to send me Fable 2 even though it's been 1 in my queue for ages. I always seem to get the ass end of the stick as far as availibility, hopefully they are nice enough to lemme have it this week.

Totally in agreement, anything short of masterclasses/mission carnival are the only thing that would bring some of the games population back. These ninja updates are not enough to keep the game going what so ever

garjian
Nov 6, 2008, 03:13 PM
i think xbox is fine plently of people on it... but i wanna play the next event whenever it comes out... then well see about quitting again

Akaimizu
Nov 6, 2008, 03:25 PM
Funny enough. I wouldn't seem as far away from this game if it wasn't for the fact that I was on a boat travelling between Carribean islands for a whole 7 days, within the last week. (Though I did get a little of Phantasy Star Portable time in, during that.....a little).

Still, compounded with me playing different games on the few surrounding days (if I'm not away from home, in the evening), it seems like longer.

Thing is, with that limited time, I divided my time among other pretty hot titles. Considering the lack of updates, lately. It's no better time to give them a go instead of letting great titles sit without completing them in a timely manner, just to say "Hey...I'm showing up in PSU."

Rambo!
Nov 6, 2008, 04:14 PM

Agreed

fayt6
Nov 6, 2008, 05:46 PM
what do you mean by YOU PEOPLE lol

amtalx
Nov 6, 2008, 05:54 PM
I play when I'm burnt out on other games, and I usually jump on once a day to solo a couple runs in a meager effort to finish my Rifles. Amidst Fallout 3, Fable II, LittleBigPlanet, and Gears of War 2, PSU is not missed...AT ALL.

The_Brimada
Nov 6, 2008, 06:03 PM
I stopped playing 2 months ago. I'll come back when I see something of interest.

Kinako78
Nov 6, 2008, 08:19 PM

Enlighten me as to how that's a scam.

DreXxiN
Nov 7, 2008, 01:29 AM
Enlighten me as to how that's a scam.

Please read the FAQ section on PSU's main website when it answers why we have to pay with "For top notch customer support and constant updates!"

When you pay for 6 months and get 2 mission and a level increase, it kind of feels like a scam, even if it isn't. T_T

EMPYREAN
Nov 7, 2008, 05:45 AM
well, i only play during events as thats generally when we get a new lv cap and the population is more than 1 star on eu friendly times, but i dont want to quit 100% playing as it realy is a good game

hazerdous
Nov 7, 2008, 11:04 AM
I play because there is always gonna be something they add when you are not looking for it.

Marron_Shido
Nov 7, 2008, 11:32 AM
I've been revisiting the older Parum missions, Mad Beast is fun to solo. :D

Cracka_J
Nov 7, 2008, 11:43 AM
I think what Milka meant was since during MAG 1 all the monthly subscribers took it in the rear, the simple solution was getting a 180 day sub to avoid the messes.

Well they sure showed us by giving us 6 months of nothing!
Good show I say, good show.

milka
Nov 7, 2008, 11:55 AM
I think what Milka meant was since during MAG 1 all the monthly subscribers took it in the rear, the simple solution was getting a 180 day sub to avoid the messes.

Well they sure showed us by giving us 6 months of nothing!
Good show I say, good show.

Affirmative

Shinko
Nov 7, 2008, 04:49 PM
i understand what u mean. i get bored my self often. but what keep me here is that its not like most mmos. its different and i like that. The game its really do have potential it's just sad how sega is managing it.

My problem be once u get the weapons you want and max ur lvl and classes u don't have anything to do really. that and i can't see to make up my mind on what class i want to stay as. most of them i get bored with quick. though i get bored fast so it may just be me. but it must be something they doing right because I'm still here playing lol

BUT i will till you one thing that piss me off. and that the VERY low community. I was a PC/PS2 player and that really made me mad. Like that whole point to a mmo is playing with alot of other people. this problem here was going to make me quit but i was getting an 360 soon so i though i just get it for that and see how it was. which it did solve that problem a lil bit so I'm good for the moment.

but i don't know just like u im getting bored. i was plaining to stick it out until the end but.... I'm not so sure