PDA

View Full Version : Game Shadowrun Game

NPCMook
Nov 1, 2008, 11:40 PM
No, not the Video game for PC and 360, I'm refereeing to Shadowrun 4th Edition. I know this isn't the best place to ask, but I need some ideas for a story for my players to run through, though most of the game is pretty much personal goals I still need ideas for runs they can do and possible twists.

Not running this online, I'm actually running it at my FLGS.

Currently I have a "Face," and a Technomancer, the other players haven't really gotten to write up their characters either. I know one will probably be the Rigger type of character, and another will most likely play a Caster type. For those of you who know the game the two players who have already started making their character will probably re-write them by the time we get to play.

Back Story (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadowrun_timeline) for those who don't know what Shadowrun is.

So pretty much I'm looking for hooks and Twists, anything is okay... in fact on the DM screen there is a random result of a Johnson's child getting a hold of his PDA/Comm Link and running the players all around town doing various mundane tasks like getting video games and candy. So anything will do.

Tact
Nov 2, 2008, 12:07 AM
Some old lady drops her precious jewelry into her kitchen sink and it ends up in the sewer system. The adventurers all have to go down into the sewers and get the bauble back, while fighting some of the hostile denizens of the underground.

Is that random enough? :wacko:

NPCMook
Nov 2, 2008, 03:52 AM
Some old lady drops her precious jewelry into her kitchen sink and it ends up in the sewer system. The adventurers all have to go down into the sewers and get the bauble back, while fighting some of the hostile denizens of the underground.

Is that random enough? :wacko:

Yes, actually that works, I'll have to twist it a bit, it will probably be a favor called in from a contact. And the Denizens might be a pack of Loup-Garou, Humans infected with a strand of the Human-Metahuman Vampiric Virus. This strand causes a human to grow short gray-black fur that covers his body, the canines become pronounced, the lips draw back baring sharper teeth, and fingernails harden into claws. And depending on how I do a random roll, they may be at the peak of their 28-day cycle which means they go berserk.

Yeah, I have all the rulebooks including the book that is all about character creation :wacko:

I'll probably make a thread if/when this game gets going sharing their exploits and mishaps... Some goofy stuff can happen if they roll badly enough

Lurkster
Nov 2, 2008, 04:34 AM
A female NPC is found near the beginning of the game, she's in her teens or early twenties. She has passed out but seems unharmed and is stunning to look at. There's a deep look in her eyes, it's ominous yet soothing. She has no memory of her current situation and duties, possibly due to amnesia. She gradually develops greater abilities and powers unique from that of other party members and, to heighten her mysterious aura, bits and pieces of her memory come back in the form of dreams and flashbacks that ultimately tie into a major plot point in the adventure. A main character may or may not fall in love with her.

NPCMook
Nov 2, 2008, 05:03 AM
A female NPC is found near the beginning of the game, she's in her teens or early twenties. She has passed out but seems unharmed and is stunning to look at. There's a deep look in her eyes, it's ominous yet soothing. She has no memory of her current situation and duties, possibly due to amnesia. She gradually develops greater abilities and powers unique from that of other party members and, to heighten her mysterious aura, bits and pieces of her memory come back in the form of dreams and flashbacks that ultimately tie into a major plot point in the adventure. A main character may or may not fall in love with her. Shadowrun is a pretty heavy team based game, I'd prefer avoiding a Sole-important character way, though one of my DM's tends to do that with his players =\ It kind of cheeses everyone else off since now he is the only one who gets to shine, and the rest of us just sit in the back and watch.

Now, I'm not saying your idea is bad, I could still technically use it. I guess I should have explained that most adventures involve meeting with a mystery gentleman/lady who uses the Alias of "Johnson," so you end up constantly talking to your group-mates about your Johnson :wacko: Anyways I digress, I could have a Johnson trying to obtain a person with particular qualities.

I'm also having one of my other friends create a Nemesis of each character. The player who created the "Face" type character is also a Drake, so we've decided that his nemesis will be a Dragon Slayer who views being a Drake as a "horrible Disease" and will attempt to cleanse him of this.

The Technomancer will have cheesed off an A.I. by beating his high score on an online game.

The rest it all depends on their backgrounds.