PDA

View Full Version : So... nihongo wo hanashimasen.

Nowhere
Nov 3, 2008, 01:28 AM
(I think the title's correct now...) But I'm still getting a preorder. Am I SoL? - or do you suppose the Japanese version will have an English option? The stored phrases facility used to be used as a translator... I can only expect we'll see that again, but I've on idea if that's enough incentive for Sega to put English translations in the J version. (CapCom, if I'm not mistaken, did put English in some of the J-region Ace Attorney games that they later released in NA.)

If they don't, is anyone planning on helping out with a guide for English speakers? (Mostly to do with the stored phrases probably--so we can communicate well enough to play at least.) I know there are people who speak Japanese here. If all else fails I've got My Japanese Coach but it doesn't seem very good for learning the character set (at least I'm not picking it up very well at all)--great for teaching vocabulary though.

Gemel
Nov 3, 2008, 03:42 AM
I'm thinking it's not going to have an english option but I really don't know, I heard the Japanese version of PSO had an english option. I'm just setting myself up for disappointment in that department heh.

I'm pretty sure that some people on the forums will help the other people that have preordered the game, in a way they did with the release of PSU. I'm just going to try to wing it like I did with Jump Ultimate Stars for the DS, but yeah I don't think it'll be that hard to get a hang of.

Shiroyu
Nov 3, 2008, 09:32 AM
One of the deciding factors for me of joining PSO-World was so that I can help, and be helped by, other importers of this game. I can read all hiragana and katakana, and know basic sentence structure, and while I know a painfully tiny amount of kanji, the language bar on my compy has a feature where I can just draw in kanji, and it will try to find the "text equivalent", if that makes any sense. Then I can just go to a dictionary, and bam!

Edit: Other factors include trading and just getting people to play with and suchness, if you were curious.

Edit 2: No matter on what day PSŲ will ship, I will get it the next day. I've heard that it comes out in Japan on the 25th, yet my main importing website says that it will ship on the 26th. That only means that I will have my hands on it on the 26th or the 27th, though. Since I'm ordering copies for my friends as Christmas gifts, my plan was to play through whatever I can on the first day and get a basic feel of the menu and do translations of them and such, then the day after invite them over for both playing and translating. (Then again, two of my friends know next to no Japanese. They could, however, find things I might have missed.)

I'm also aware that others might have the game by then, too, and I mean both pirates and people living in Japan. <_< Either way, I will try to help with whatever I can for translating.

Nowhere
Nov 3, 2008, 08:44 PM
Cool. I'd like to be able to play with Japanese without too much trouble (mostly so I can play MP without having to track down FCs.) I've been wishing for a DS bound PS game and I can hardly believe it's happening. I'm a bit nervous of pirates--they're more likely to have save hacks. I mean what are the chances Sega's been able to introduce signed saves or something like that?

(That reminds me, I'm sorta excited that offline and MP will once again share continuity, but it means exposing the game to save hacking. ~sigh~.)

Zarode
Nov 5, 2008, 02:12 PM
Hacking is gonna happen, Nowhere. No matter what game. If you play with a hacker (sadly), then it's best to leave. Maybe we can have a thread that blacklists known hackers, so people can avoid them easier.

Shiroyu
Nov 5, 2008, 03:38 PM
Lets just hope that in the dressing room, you can't change names...

Nowhere
Nov 5, 2008, 07:20 PM
Hacking is gonna happen, Nowhere. No matter what game. If you play with a hacker (sadly), then it's best to leave. Maybe we can have a thread that blacklists known hackers, so people can avoid them easier.
WoW seems to have it firmly under control. It does have bots, but no item or money dupes (from what I'm told--I don't play it.) Sega could have made every item instance unique in the online-only games to physically prevent duping--I'm not sure why they didn't. Still, it wouldn't work with PSZ.

Lets just hope that in the dressing room, you can't change names...
Here's to that.