PDA

View Full Version : AotI Silvenia?

Beekeeper
Nov 3, 2008, 08:24 AM
Does anyone know what this is used for. All I can find is that it is used to make 'Thin, Strong Blades'. I checked all the bladed weapons I can find and don't see it listed as an ingredient anywhere.

Dealbreaker
Nov 3, 2008, 10:16 AM
I dont know what it is for, but that name sounds like one of those cheap dvd players they sell at walmart lol.

Beekeeper
Nov 3, 2008, 10:39 AM
It does, doesn't it? I have been getting a fair amount of this stuff by leveling magic in Scarred Planed B runs and this morning it was selling in shops for 300k on the 360.

Kinako78
Nov 3, 2008, 10:48 AM
An 8* material with no known use? That's strange.

Neith
Nov 3, 2008, 11:48 AM
It's obviously the 8* equivalent of Copernia/Goldania/Morbinia/Titania/Lithnia, but as yet, I don't think there's any use for it.

As it has no current use, I doubt it'll sell well, so it may be an idea to save it- for when it DOES have a use.

Tulio07
Nov 3, 2008, 11:56 AM
I'm still waiting for them to add a siliconia. Only for females.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Nov 3, 2008, 12:18 PM
Sylvania makes light bulbs, lamps, and other electronic gadgets.

Tetsaru
Nov 3, 2008, 07:14 PM
I REALLY hate this about the game. Sega either releases materials like these with no boards that use them, or they make certain once-rare boards insanely easy to get through event missions and stuff like FOI/PF without enough materials in circulation to make them, INSTEAD of releasing NEW weapons, or releasing the material AND the board that uses them AT THE SAME TIME. This just further shows off Sega's retarded management of the game, and the fact that they should've stuck with the weapons-drop-made system in PSO instead of implementing an annoying synthesis system that relies heavily on luck.

So yeah... I guess those Silvenias are used to make EPIC FAIL. =/

Ruru
Nov 3, 2008, 08:01 PM
i can understand the logic of releasing a mat before the board so people can collect enough of it so that they can make whatever item when it is finally released... only it would help if they first, told us what it would be used for and second, released the board in a shorter time span so we aren't collecting random mats we have no current use for, for a long period of time.... buuuuuuut, once again this is sega we're talking about D:

Arika
Nov 4, 2008, 03:49 AM
Copernia = Copper
Silvania = Silver
Goldania = Gold
Titania = Titanium.
Rubinad = Ruby
Diad = Diamond
What about all the other ? Morbinia, Tormad, Berilad ? I wonder if these name come form any kind of real life stuff or not.

Neith
Nov 4, 2008, 08:41 AM
Copernia = Copper
Silvenia = Silver
Goldania = Gold
Morbinia = Molybdenum? (I had to look this up, but it sounds fairly similar)
Titania = Titanium
Lithnia = Lithium?
Olpad = Opal
Garnad = Garnet?
Rubinad = Ruby
Citrad = Citrine (Quartz)
Amethad = Amethyst
Diad = Diamond
Suffad = Sapphire?
Berilad = Beryl
Tormad = Tourmaline?

I think there was a thread for that kind of thing, but I figured since the OP question's been answered it shouldn't matter too much.

Arika
Nov 4, 2008, 09:02 AM
Tourmaline?
Molybdenum?
Amethyst
Garnet?

never heard those before
I thought they were PSU random name? :o

FOnewearl-Lina
Nov 4, 2008, 09:27 AM
Tourmaline?
Molybdenum?
Amethyst
Garnet?

never heard those before
I thought they were PSU random name? :o

No, they're named after real life gems, now go study some more "real life"!

tirith
Nov 4, 2008, 09:31 AM
amethyst is a birthstone for february, and apparently just a pink variety of quartz...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amethyst
wikipedia for the win =)
i think tourmaline and garnet are also birthstones, but i'm too lazy to look em all up =)

Neith
Nov 4, 2008, 09:34 AM
I just looked up metal/mineral names and looked for ones that had a similar letter structure.

I just realised I forgot a few which I might add later- Armania might be Aluminum, but I'm not totally sure.

Arika
Nov 4, 2008, 09:53 AM
I wonder what name will be the 15* -nia lol.
It must be very very rare metal name.

Tetsaru
Nov 4, 2008, 10:52 AM
Garnet's the birthstone for January. I know because I was born in January. =P

Tyreek
Nov 4, 2008, 10:56 AM
Beyrl? I seriously have not heard of this type of stone before.

relentless
Nov 4, 2008, 10:58 AM
I made a little research myself and it's almost the same as Neith's list ^^

Lithnia = Lithium
Recnad = Rhenium
Suffad = Sulfate
Diad = Diamond or Diad which actually exists: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diad
Saffiad = Sapphire
Titania = Titanium
Amethad = Amethyst
Berilad = Beryllium
Morbinia = Molybdenum
Citrad = Citrate (I know it sounds stupid but it actually sounds more like it than Citrine, although Quartz is a much better possibility for being the original)
Goldania = Gold
Tormad = Tourmaline
Armania = Aluminium
Rubinad = Ruby
Garnad = Garnet
Silvenia = Silver
Copernia = Copper
Olpad = Opal

Might be interested in looking up the -lines mats as well.

DAMASCUS
Nov 4, 2008, 11:04 AM
Even if no board was created that uses a random item you can bet it will show up in an exchange mission eventually ;)

thematesV2
Nov 4, 2008, 11:26 AM
you know if you leave Amethyst out in the sun for too long it just becomes quartz. this is a little known fact that alot of gift shops in cute little mountain tourist towns don't know about, as they put large blocks of amethyst out in their display windows..... every time i see something like that I laugh.

Nai_Calus
Nov 4, 2008, 01:26 PM
Might be interested in looking up the -lines mats as well.

They're roman gods.

Acenaline - Athena
Wenceline - Venus
Aporaline - Apollo
Dianaline - Diana
Marseline - Mars
Upteline - Jupiter
Kerseline - Ceres
Vestaline - Vesta
Vulcaline - Vulcan
Junaline - Juno
Merculine - Mercury
Neptuline - Neptune
Terseline - Terra (I recall someone came up with an alternate name I can't recall for the same goddess that fit this slightly better, but if you know the mythology it's fairly obvious who's being referred to by these last three.)
Uranseline - Uranus
Chronoseline - Chronos

Arika
Nov 4, 2008, 05:54 PM
No, they're named after real life gems, now go study some more "real life"!
I m sure this has nothing to do with it. you just have to know that not every country following each other in naming things. So what I learn when I was studying those stuff are all in different name.