PDA

View Full Version : Sent In a Ticket And Got This Response

xBladeM6x
Nov 4, 2008, 03:18 PM
Like the title says, I got a response from Ruby Eclipse. The topic of discussion in my ticket was the Robot Lag Fix, Cati / Rainbow drop, and Mission Carnival. Just thought I would give you guys a heads up, for those of you who were wondering what's been going on. :wacko:

This was the response.

Hi _____________,

Thanks for writing in! We've sent word along to Sonic Team on both of the questions mentioned (Robot slowdown and a potential cati / rainbow unit drop), and are awaiting their response.

The carnival was delayed due to a fairly critical glitch, but we are still mixing things around to make sure we get new content out to players in its stead. We'll be able to post another announcement regarding this in the coming weeks.

Thanks much for your understanding and respectful tone - it is always appreciated!

All the best,

- Aaron

PSU Support

Overall I think this was a pretty good response. Not perfect. But hey, It's progress. Thanks Ruby!! :D

stukasa
Nov 4, 2008, 03:37 PM
"Post another announcement in the coming weeks"? I don't like the sound of that... but you're right, at least it's a response. If the Carnival is going to be delayed for "weeks," I think they should give us Master classes now. Something to occupy our time, maybe bring some people back and keep more people from leaving, until it's ready. Because if they don't give us *something*, the population is going to go down every week...

Anyway, thanks for sharing! ^^

burninglink5
Nov 4, 2008, 03:37 PM
In the coming weeks? Isn't that the same response they have been giving us for months?

Squeezit
Nov 4, 2008, 03:41 PM
hey! its Aaron from psu tech support!

i wonder if hes the only one that works there, hes answered my last 2 tickets.
on top of that i was polite too :>

Darius_Drake
Nov 4, 2008, 04:22 PM
"Post another announcement in the coming weeks"? I don't like the sound of that... but you're right, at least it's a response. If the Carnival is going to be delayed for "weeks," I think they should give us Master classes now. Something to occupy our time, maybe bring some people back and keep more people from leaving, until it's ready. Because if they don't give us *something*, the population is going to go down every week...

Anyway, thanks for sharing! ^^

It would be pretty sweet if they pushed the master class update in return for delaying the Lightning Carnival. I would definitely see this as being fair. We have plenty of missions to level up our new classes.

ashley50
Nov 4, 2008, 06:24 PM
Trying to get NA/EU/360 hopes' i guess :)

Para
Nov 4, 2008, 08:39 PM
CHANGE! YES WE CAN! XD

autumn
Nov 4, 2008, 08:51 PM
I am quite curious what went so badly that the event has been postponed for so long. Not angry, just curious.

Libram
Nov 4, 2008, 09:33 PM
Probably bad drops. It seems to be the major problem to most of our updates lately, so something on the JP side probably isn't being translated correctly.

Kylie
Nov 4, 2008, 09:57 PM
Interesting. I'm curious to see what the content they might put in the carnival's stead is. It really needs to be something big because I'm not going to resubscribe for something small that will still be around still when I do decide to come back. I'm not looking forward to them myself, but adding master classes early would be a smart move.

Ethateral
Nov 4, 2008, 10:15 PM
Gib Master classes nao? =/ It'd be a nice update for us, until they can fix the glitch for the Carnival. I don't have a problem waiting, I just want Master classes, lol. XD <3

hunterseifer
Nov 4, 2008, 11:04 PM
In the coming weeks? Isn't that the same response they have been giving us for months?

Yeah pretty much, I've known about their glitch problem for awhile though, what they wrote to you isnt doesnt exactly help since there is no official date so they can prolong it as long as they want lol, but yeah, least they wrote somethin back. Hopefully they can get it fixed soon, thx for the info anyway

thebummers
Nov 5, 2008, 02:47 AM
That's pretty sad if people are fairly content with that response. Sure it's polite and optimistic. It's also quite useless. It's been a while now since we got any kind of update that had any meat to it AND was working correctly. Glitches happen. But give us something new to do in the meantime before darn near everyone else quits your game. Have a nice day.

Macras
Nov 5, 2008, 04:14 AM
about all that can really be said about new things not being added is quite literally "things happen". i guess Murphy's Law has been occurring quite often over at SoA and SoJ.

its also made me somewhat reluctant to buy anything these days with the Sega behind it. guess i can wait for a review or two to decide if i want to get Valkyria Chronicles :D

Squeezit
Nov 5, 2008, 10:41 AM
Yeah pretty much, I've known about their glitch problem for awhile though, what they wrote to you isnt doesnt exactly help since there is no official date so they can prolong it as long as they want lol, but yeah, least they wrote somethin back. Hopefully they can get it fixed soon, thx for the info anyway

prinnies do it better >:/

Zorafim
Nov 5, 2008, 11:32 AM
I'm never going to understand what's going on. How can something that already happen have such a major glitch in it that it can't be released again? How hard is it to copy-paste?

Darius_Drake
Nov 5, 2008, 01:00 PM
I'm never going to understand what's going on. How can something that already happen have such a major glitch in it that it can't be released again? How hard is it to copy-paste?

Everytime I try to tell myself that I need to be patient I seem to wind up asking myself that same question.

Kylie
Nov 5, 2008, 01:04 PM
Well, I'd imagine the content has to be fixed for the NA/EU regions for the PS2, and then there's all the stuff they have to do to prepare all the content for the 360 servers. Japanese to English translations as well, etc. It's still ridiculous to me that they have so much difficulty with stuff like this, but I also don't think it's as easy as "copy and paste." :-P

pikachief
Nov 5, 2008, 01:37 PM
i think it was 1 of 2 things

1.Its a multi-regional keyboard or w/e and they accidentally put some spanish letter instead of an english one, and it glitched the entire event so that every enemy is a lvl 1 zoulgoug

or

2. SoA is too busy playing all these new games to worry about the carnival and are jsut assuming everyone else is doing the same

:)

thematesV2
Nov 5, 2008, 01:37 PM
no, it's not as easy, but c'mon, almost a year behind? I would think the translating would be easy for anything except story missions. the region difference could be something tough to work out, but sega should have been doing it now for at least 2 decades, so you think that would also just be a simple process that they pump the update through. not a grueling process that delays everything for weeks and weeks....

pikachief
Nov 5, 2008, 01:41 PM
maybe they have a japanese guy who translates it to german, who then transaltes it to hebrew, who translates it to greek, who translates it to french, who translates it to 1 type of spanish who transaltes it to another type of spanish, who translates it to some guy in britan, who transaltes it to someone in america who doesn't understand what the british guy is saying so then he gives teh original japanese transaltion to some guy in sanfrasisco who isnt even part of SoA but some SoA worker's friend who does translations whenever he's bored and has free time.

then it finally gets sent to SoA who puts it into the game, then wait a while to laugh at some BAAWWing then finally puts it into an update, then says OOPS IT DIED WE HAS TO DO THE PROCESS AGAIN CUZ THERE WAS A MISTRANSLATION :O

Kylie
Nov 5, 2008, 07:32 PM
Well, again, I'm not making excuses for them; I'm just saying that it's not as easy as "copy and paste."

Powder Keg
Nov 5, 2008, 07:45 PM
I also think it's not as easy as copy/paste. If it was, they'd probably still have trouble with it though.

Alecc
Nov 5, 2008, 10:17 PM
Hi _____________,

Thanks for writing in! We've no idea when carnival (or anything for that matter) is going to be realeased in the US servers. Please continue to be patient while we have nothing new for you guys. Hopefully in a few weeks something comes up. Maybe a few months, who knows?
All the best,

PSU Support

[FONT=Arial Black]

^
what they really meant.

Chibi_psu
Nov 6, 2008, 03:24 AM
Changes? Yeah here is yours this week:

http://xbox360.phantasystaruniverse.jp/news/wis/?mode=view&id=224