PDA

View Full Version : Character Creation.

Leviathan
Nov 5, 2008, 07:29 PM
http://www.dsfanboy.com/2008/11/05/a-brief-look-at-character-creation-in-phantasy-star-zero/

Little thing I saw in dsfanboy.com

Yay, we get to pick our MAGS' colour.

Kent
Nov 5, 2008, 08:10 PM
Even though there may be multiple slots for colors for the character, I'm still a little concerned about the lack of diversity in the options of each of them. Mostly because the shown examples (http://phantasystar.sega.jp/pszero/#/character/player) aren't exactly all that great.

The possiblity to mix-and-match is good news, though, even if the color options may be... aethetically unpleasant (example: FOmar on the site).

the_importer_
Nov 5, 2008, 08:39 PM
Even though there may be multiple slots for colors for the character, I'm still a little concerned about the lack of diversity in the options of each of them. Mostly because the shown examples (http://phantasystar.sega.jp/pszero/#/character/player) aren't exactly all that great.

The possiblity to mix-and-match is good news, though, even if the color options may be... aethetically unpleasant (example: FOmar on the site).

It's a NDS game, you can't expect the character creation features of a PC MMO.

Niered
Nov 5, 2008, 10:00 PM
I wanted the diversity of PSO, but I knew from the beginning that we wouldnt be getting that, think about it, its obvious the textures for the character models are some of the most detailed in the game, and considering there are 14 character classes, each with entirely different skins, we shouldnt expect more than this.

Although I think it would have been fine had they simply ditched the multiple voices and used that space for more skins and hair styles. Oh well.

Leviathan
Nov 5, 2008, 10:28 PM
As long as I have a HUnewearl with a haircut covering some face, I'm good.

&The choice to pick your own MAG colour.

Kent
Nov 6, 2008, 01:12 AM
It's a NDS game, you can't expect the character creation features of a PC MMO.
Nor did I even go anywhere close to stating that I'm dense enough to expect such a thing. Something around what PSOv1 had, way back when, would be significantly more accurate.

Nowhere
Nov 6, 2008, 01:35 AM
Maybe they've got some additional (WiFi-activated) character content? However, the DS really doesn't have a lot of texture RAM so there might be a technological limitation there. Personally, I'd rather see toon shading.

SubstanceD
Nov 6, 2008, 03:55 PM
I like what I saw. Granted, I was dissapointed that there were only 4 options for head type on the RAcaseal ( then again, Cast's always got the shaft when it came to customisation options ) but I was surprised to see Body Color A, Body Color B and Body Color C options. That means I can finally pick a color scheme that I am 100% happy with.

I also like the fact that we can pick our Mag's colour. I hated the way Mag color was done in PSO. I hated the way certain Mag evolutions had a certain color scheme since they always ended up clashing with what I wanted my character to wear.

Akaimizu
Nov 6, 2008, 04:08 PM
Funny enough. When someone mentioned character creation options like a PC MMO. I do remember that, particularly during the time PSO came out; that a console with limited memory and resources, pulled out a character creation that was more dynamic than any PC MMO at the time.

Technically, PSU is practically beyond that with the face morphing options. (Something I'd love to see more often as I found how valuable it is to spend a good amount of time trying to get that *perfect* face for the character) Of course, I wouldn't expect PSU options. Saving face morphing options and stuff is a little overkill for a portable unit, though.

I'd say this one is a little more limited than before, but it's still more than we get for quite a few PC MMOs where you pick a type and then you have very tiny options so you look like 1/6th the population that picked that type. (Until you find out how to get a more unique outfit setup.)

furrypaws
Nov 8, 2008, 08:30 PM
I remember in PSO that CASTs didn't have as many selections as Humans/Newmans but made up for it with more colors (although what got the shaft I can't remember). Maybe it'll be the same for this, and Humans/Newmans will get more hair/skin choices? I dunno.

Linestar777
Nov 24, 2008, 03:19 PM
Remember, equipment also contribute to the design of your character. That's what saved the limited character designs in Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Rings of Fate.

DeathMachine
Nov 26, 2008, 06:54 PM
I have to say, I was hoping for PSO head choices for PS0. I mean, look at RAcasts. They look quite similar to PSO models (though less bulky). So when I saw that HUcast body types look nothing like PSO, I kinda figured some of the heads would be PSO-esque.

Vanzazikon
Nov 26, 2008, 07:00 PM
I was expecting the same. I don't really dig the ears...

Daoh-ji
Nov 26, 2008, 07:21 PM
Remember, equipment also contribute to the design of your character. That's what saved the limited character designs in Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Rings of Fate.

Agreed. And, i too, hope that is that way :3 . Well, either if it will or not, i have a second option in mind ...

Since more or less a month, the new nintendo DSi was introduced in the japanese markets. I mean, i have a feeling that they pointed up this game and say "YOU !!! You will serve as an exemple !!" ( reffering to the fact reggis fils-aimé himself told i-don't-remember-where that some game will have extra features when played on the DSi, except a casual and better, almost laggy-free Wi-Fi interactions ... )

Why crazzy fanboy meh iz say that ( with my bad english and while i'm in my "ecxited fanboy mood" so you understand only half the words i speak ) ? Look at the official Site ... Under "GAME SYSTEM", we have a greyed-out . .. ... VISUUUUAL CHAAAAAT option !!! Call me nerdy. Call me dreamer. It could simply reffer to the fact that you can chat using the touch screen, but who really do know ???

Moreover, DSi could easyly purpose some event, extra missions, even extension via an SD card Upload. Yeah, i said it, technically just possible. Period.

After that, i know that this game will be on my top games with or without those many customs options and Photon Arts. I mean, i just hope i'll have fun and replay it over and over to get some loot, just like in the past time where i played "shining soul" on my gba :3

Oh, and they better do a sequel to this game, too ! ( yeah, nevermind me, i'm the usual weirdo fanboy ... live with it ^^" )

Fry_Heit
Nov 27, 2008, 05:55 AM
Eerm... We've already known for a veeery long time that it'll be possible to chat using the touch screen.

Just saying ^^'.

Daoh-ji
Nov 27, 2008, 06:44 AM
Eerm... We've already known for a veeery long time that it'll be possible to chat using the touch screen.

Just saying ^^'.

Yeah, that's why i did say it could be just the touch-screen ...... or it could be, if they really want to put up some exclusive content, a lobby, a room, i don't know, where you could chat using the DSi's built in camera ... Why would they've put on the word "visual" otherwise ??? m'kay, maybe i'm going too far like always on the "what if" parts, but we never know, that could be that ...:-?

Seority
Nov 27, 2008, 01:11 PM
Every class has the same outfit, just different color scemes.
That's probably the only thing that bugs me, but it could never stop me from buying PSZero.

Kent
Nov 27, 2008, 04:33 PM
That's probably the only thing that bugs me, but it could never stop me from buying PSZero.
Uh... What?

Each class has a different outfit, but among those outfits, you can pick a different color scheme by your own will - so you'll always be able to tell a HUmar apart from a FOmar and so forth. I have no idea what could possibly make you think all of them have the same outfit.

ChaosAngel92
Nov 27, 2008, 05:30 PM

I remember reading somewhere that there will be a feature to change the outfit/clothes. I don't know if they were refering to "changing color" or change it for another clothes actually.

Oh by the way, a big question that has been troubling my mind since some days ago. Does anyone knows or anyone can read if the examples on the PSZ offical site are the only ones aviable on the game? Or there will be more?

Thanks.

furrypaws
Nov 27, 2008, 06:36 PM
Uh... What?

Each class has a different outfit, but among those outfits, you can pick a different color scheme by your own will - so you'll always be able to tell a HUmar apart from a FOmar and so forth. I have no idea what could possibly make you think all of them have the same outfit.

No, no. She means each class wears the same outfit, but it's just a different color.

Seority
Nov 27, 2008, 08:29 PM
Ty Furry (guess I wasn't too good at wording that, sorry! >< ) and really Chaos?
That might be pretty nice if we could get different outfits. I'm guessing you mean like we pick that certain outfit then the color we want? How epic! ^_^

Just confused me as to why they are all the same in the sample. I also hope you can pick different colors along with different styles of hair.
(I see 3 of the same kind and color with the FOnews (newm+newearls). )