PDA

View Full Version : AotI Moving to JP Server Question

GeekRuler
Nov 6, 2008, 07:47 PM
I can't figure out which version I want. I could get the PC version but then I'd have to get a better laptop with a decent video card and such. Or I could get the PS2 version which costs less but would I need a Japanese PS2?

Mainly I'd like to know the pros and cons of each version. Please and thank you :D

Aorre
Nov 6, 2008, 08:09 PM
PC is more worth your while IMO.

chaoskila
Nov 6, 2008, 08:09 PM
the ps2 sucks not the version just the console itself.

the pc is better but if you need to get a hole new computer for it get the ps2.

GeekRuler
Nov 6, 2008, 08:14 PM
So computer, no doubt? I hope its not too difficult to get used to seeing as I've played PSU on 360 for so long. I will get it fo PC then, unless I am compelled to believe otherwise :D
Now I have to wat for Christmas to get the laptop and I will have the game for about a month before then D:! Torture

ChronoTrigga
Nov 6, 2008, 09:35 PM
Eh, laptop and gaming seems kinda meh unless you really wanna fork out the cash.

GeekRuler
Nov 6, 2008, 09:40 PM
I barely have access to a PC a home let alone when I go into the world XD
A laptop will suit my needs for better or worse :D

Inazuma
Nov 6, 2008, 09:44 PM
jp pc ver running on a decent machine or dont bother w/ psu at all

moomoopenguin
Nov 7, 2008, 12:22 AM
so mean inazuma =P go for the pc def. most laptops would prob run it just fine. just make sure you get one with a big enough hard drive. i mean if my crap desktop can run it half way decent i'm sure a laptop could

DreXxiN
Nov 7, 2008, 01:23 AM
How is he mean? The definition of "Honest" truly has changed to "mean" I suppose.

The guy asks the question, I assume he wants an accurate response.

And if you are mobile a lot, why would you get a ps2 anyway? It can't move like a PC >_>. I'd say laptop.

Btw, you don't need a Japanese PS2 to play JP PSU, you just need a thing called MagicSwap.

Genoa
Nov 7, 2008, 01:28 AM
I started PSU on PS2 and did it for about a year... Finally got a great PC and am playing on fully maxed settings and there's no way in hell I could go back to PS2.
Even if you can't play maxed, it's definitely worth getting a better PC, laptop would be a little more expensive than building a custom PC, however, it would be a nice investment since you can do more than just PSU with a nice laptop.

However, if there's anyway you could make your own PC, it's not very expensive to make an awesome gaming machine. I buy parts from newegg.com frequently. They have awesome deals.

ashley50
Nov 7, 2008, 04:29 AM
PC version...less hassle to deal with

GeekRuler
Nov 7, 2008, 09:01 AM
Thanks everyone for your help! :D
I would get one of my friends to construct a PC for me, but I really have no place for a PC. I will be willing to put down extra cash for a great laptop and I hope I can accumulate the money by the end of this year XD

Broodstar1337
Nov 8, 2008, 10:45 AM
Definitely the PC version.

It doesn't take much to be able to run PSU well. You could run out to Best Buy and buy their weakest desktop (maybe even their weakest notebook too) and be able to run PSU without frameskip at a steady FPS and at a decent resolution to boot. Not only that, you get the added benefit of having a computer decent enough to play a bunch of other games too. Maybe not Crysis, but if you're into Team Fortress 2, that's up your alley.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Nov 8, 2008, 02:56 PM
If you're willing to wait until December, they're going to make the JP AoI freely downloadable. All you'd have to buy is a CD key and a subscription.

http://forum.psupedia.info/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=231

furrypaws
Nov 8, 2008, 03:56 PM
So...we will be able to buy the PC version of Phantasy Star Universe for approximately 11 dollars? =D

moomoopenguin
Nov 9, 2008, 11:07 AM
>< after i bought it a couple months ago

ashley50
Nov 9, 2008, 01:04 PM
why buy when you can get it 'free'? :l

moomoopenguin
Nov 9, 2008, 03:43 PM
still ><ing

Ffuzzy-Logik
Nov 9, 2008, 06:09 PM
why buy when you can get it 'free'? :l
Because you can't get the JP version for "free" because it requires a CD code.

moomoopenguin
Nov 9, 2008, 06:23 PM
Because you can't get the JP version for "free" because it requires a CD code.

but it sure as hell beats paying 50+ bucks for it ><