PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Ambition of Illuminus offline?

Spider
Nov 9, 2008, 02:07 AM
I've sprained my ankle recently and spending some time on the 360, decided to buy AoI and it's downloading right now. I haven't played PSU online for over a year and only planned on playing it for a couple of days whilst my GoW2 backorder which did not come in on date arrives.

Have I just screwed myself outta $30 and 2 gigs or is there any decent offline content?
When I'm sick of GoW2 I might come back to PSU online but I never really enjoyed it online that much when it was new.

(I bought it before I decided to check how you access AoI and found out it was online only.)

Tyreek
Nov 9, 2008, 03:15 AM
Um... from my knowledge... AOTI does not have offline for 360. But the features of that game go towards the original, like the Just Attack ability, and new drops and such.

Spider
Nov 9, 2008, 03:35 AM
Just attack ability?

Sorry, haven't been following PSU updates.

Tyreek
Nov 9, 2008, 04:21 AM
Well, its basically when you time your hits just right and it causes more damage. It's quite handy.

Sylsha
Nov 9, 2008, 04:34 AM
AOtI on 360 has nothing at all offline, it only has online, so yeah, if you do not plan to play online you just lost your money :(

If you do play online though there is a lot of extra contents, new missions, new story missions, new rooms, new items and other cool stuff. I suggest you give it a try online, you may like it better with the expansion

Spider
Nov 9, 2008, 05:03 AM
Might have to give it a crack, how long do characters stay on the server once you stop paying? Or is that it for them?

If anyone wants to team up with me in the near future, hit me up on this gamer tag "Camo SSS"

Something about the Phantasy Star series, whenever I come back to this site I want to start playing again!

Yunfa
Nov 9, 2008, 09:46 AM
Unlike Final Fantasy XI where as they delete after 3 months was it?, your PSU characters stay virtually FOREVER! My friend took a year off, came back, everything he had was still there.

Spider
Nov 10, 2008, 01:22 AM
Is there a way to check without buying a HL if the characters are still there? I heard someone say they are deleted as soon as you get rid of your subscription.

Spider
Nov 10, 2008, 02:29 AM
Actually, if someone can confirm that my characters are still available I might buy a membership now, it's only $18 a month which isn't too bad.

Spider
Nov 10, 2008, 02:55 AM
Righto, after a year and a half, characters still there.

Damn PSU sucking $50 out of me, hope this is good.

I only have a level 29 HUmar equivelent (I forget the details) If anyone wants to join up, please hit me up, wanna see these new levels!

Genoa
Nov 11, 2008, 05:27 AM
I would help you, however, I'm PC.
Your characters are definitely still there. There's not enough players for them to need to delete them, there's plenty of space on their servers xD
... not sure if that's a good thing D:
But it's much different from before, hopefully you will enjoy it. Besides, you make it seem as if you were some kind of Fighter-class. In my opinion, especially in comparison to the beginning of PSU's release... Fighters have become incredibly powerful. Normal attacks regain PP, Timing attacks guarantees Critical Hits (JA, Just Attack), and they gave new super-powered Photon Arts that just... decimate everything. (Dus Majarra for spears, Ank Jabroga for axes in specific).
And sometime in the future, we'll receive master classes, and Fighmasters will be expert time attackers for missions >_>

Shin_Damion
Nov 15, 2008, 02:58 PM
I just completed the offline story and working on extra and online just made a second character
highest is 16. Mostly hunter class maybe run as a ranger with my Cast