PDA

View Full Version : Coming back into PSU?

SuperChoco
Nov 9, 2008, 07:36 PM
Alright, I haven't played PSU in about six months and this is what I remember:
4 star population at peak hours
WT was the worst job in the game
WB spamming was huge.
So after reading about the "why do you still play?" thread, it encouraged me to introduce the game to some of my friends and they like it offline.

The questions are, would it be a good time to get back into PSU? I loved playing as WT, but people would often disregard me to have a LOL fortefighter join instead. I also was bored when I was playing by myself, so the main reason to come back would be to have friends, right? If I can get about ten or heck, even five people to play every three or four days with would be awesome. So is anyone willing to play with a lv. 10X Wartecher?

chaoskila
Nov 9, 2008, 07:41 PM
umm WT sucks lol
but its all white beast rite now.
i think just wait till the carnival or if you like doing what the spot light is or white beast.

Yunfa
Nov 9, 2008, 08:11 PM
Woa woa woa, 6 months ago and only 4 stars at peak hours? You must be talking about the PC/Ps2 server! Regrettably, right now on the PS2/PC servers only have 1 1/2 stars @ peak hours, or so I've read from other posts.

If you're on the 360 servers, we have at least an entire universe full at peak hours, but then again joining random parties can get you into hot water, little racist kids, makes me want to punch a baby in the face. D8<

RAGNAGELPPOD
Nov 9, 2008, 08:12 PM
Beast wartecher forever ><;;

Noblewine
Nov 9, 2008, 08:12 PM
Unfortunately that the only place most of the people spend most of their time. Their are better areas to explore and expand. The fourth floor on G-Colony is a good place to meet people and look for help. Disregard going to White Beast that mission is the only reason people get bored with PSU and quit. I don't think you should have any problem finding people to play with because of your class. Welcome back to PSU. Which hub, 360 or PC/PS2?

Poignantswine
Nov 9, 2008, 11:25 PM
I say, get your butt back online. We need all the good players we can get.

hunterseifer
Nov 10, 2008, 03:16 AM
Lately I've been helping friends on their hunts, I've put my hunts on hold for now. So If you see me, just come up and ask, I'll do some runs with ya

ashley50
Nov 10, 2008, 03:21 AM
don't complain about lack of updates tho...its getting annoying already >:l

animeoutlaw
Nov 10, 2008, 03:26 AM
I'm actually starting out as a newbie and have already met some nice people ^_^ ((Even a guild that I shall be joining)). I might only be a low level 15, but I will be willing to kick butt and have a good time with you ^.^v. I always like making new friends and meeting new people. The world could use more...pleasant folks. Anyways, welcome home! PM me if you would like to hang out some time ^_~v.

don't complain about lack of updates tho...its getting annoying already >:l

And amen to that. I have been on these boards for like, 2 days. And have seen atleast 20+ people complain about updates. Give it up already. They'll get to it when they get to it.

BIGGIEstyle
Nov 10, 2008, 08:38 AM
I agree with everyone that says you should come back. This game really does need more good players, and I welcome any race/class combos into my runs and there is a lot that a WT can bring to a group other than DPS, so as per the others I will definitely run with you if you are returning, send me a PM as soon as you return. ^_^

Cracka_J
Nov 10, 2008, 09:08 AM
I'd only seriously consider coming back at the PRESENT TIME if you have PA's to level for master classes, or rares that you need that you can solo for. PC/PS2 pop. currently barely gets 1 star at peak times, so you won't find too many people outside of WB or BL.

Many people, myself included, are taking breaks from PSU during this drought. There's A LOT of new quality games out atm that warrant your time/attention, I would strongly advise playing those instead for the time being.

The game is not worth playing in it's current state, unless, like I said, you have PA's to level or rares to obtain. I'd highly recommend waiting until a date is set for master classes and the lightning carnival before you resub. Otherwise, enjoy the tumbleweeds.

Jainsea
Nov 10, 2008, 11:23 AM
Its sad to see PSU like this :( I really really liked the game. I moved awhile back and couldn't get back online, that was way back before the 2nd Mag came around though.
I was really hoping things would get better. Lemme pop in a quick question please:
If I have been gone that long, are my characters data still there? I don't want to rejoin if my
data has been erased :\

Cracka_J
Nov 10, 2008, 11:32 AM
I was really hoping things would get better. Lemme pop in a quick question please:
If I have been gone that long, are my characters data still there? I don't want to rejoin if my
data has been erased :\

This has been addressed a few times, but to my knowledge, there's no record of anyone ever losing character data to a server erase. All your stuff should still be there.

Danny_Dark
Nov 10, 2008, 01:45 PM
Hm..., Wartechers aren't Welcome...!?

MasonMarxx
Nov 10, 2008, 05:16 PM
I've currently bought PSU for the XBox 360 (what the hell took me so long?!) and currently wondering whether i should get it for my PC too. If i do get it for the PC it'll be online only but i want to know is it really worth it? I love RPG's and PSU has really hit a good spot for me (even though i'm still pretty new to it) but the cost has always been a concern. Any ideas?

amtalx
Nov 10, 2008, 05:40 PM
I've currently bought PSU for the XBox 360 (what the hell took me so long?!) and currently wondering whether i should get it for my PC too. If i do get it for the PC it'll be online only but i want to know is it really worth it? I love RPG's and PSU has really hit a good spot for me (even though i'm still pretty new to it) but the cost has always been a concern. Any ideas?

NO.

Don't get it for PC, particularly having gotten it for 360 first.

Online:
360 > PC/PS2

Don't hate.

ashley50
Nov 10, 2008, 05:56 PM
in terms of population...indeed the 360 is better :l

BIGGIEstyle
Nov 10, 2008, 05:58 PM
NO.

Don't get it for PC, particularly having gotten it for 360 first.

Online:
360 > PC/PS2

Don't hate.

This is a matter of preference.

While you 360 players may have fun laughing at us PC/PS2 players and our "population of 8" at least our game runs without freezing up everywhere, unlike your robot slowdown BS you guys need to deal with.

Also while bigger populations mean better economy, both servers are taking a hit to the population and quite frankly if you want to do without the whining- and I'm sure it's more annoying coming through a headset on Xbox than it in through type on the screen- a smaller community generally means less idiots because the people who are still paying for the game aren't doing so to just hassle everyone else.

If you choose to do so and pick it up for the PC, drop me a line and I'll introduce you around to about 20-30 players that are fun to run with, about 10-15 of them who are online everyday, that way you'll have people to run with. If not, enjoy your time on the Xbox as well and I hope it goes well for ya ^_^

Syndrome
Nov 10, 2008, 06:24 PM
This is a matter of preference.

While you 360 players may have fun laughing at us PC/PS2 players and our "population of 8" at least our game runs without freezing up everywhere, unlike your robot slowdown BS you guys need to deal with.

Also while bigger populations mean better economy, both servers are taking a hit to the population and quite frankly if you want to do without the whining- and I'm sure it's more annoying coming through a headset on Xbox than it in through type on the screen- a smaller community generally means less idiots because the people who are still paying for the game aren't doing so to just hassle everyone else.

If you choose to do so and pick it up for the PC, drop me a line and I'll introduce you around to about 20-30 players that are fun to run with, about 10-15 of them who are online everyday, that way you'll have people to run with. If not, enjoy your time on the Xbox as well and I hope it goes well for ya ^_^

I don't really see anyone on here or in the game going out of their way to "HAHA at the PC players". And i also don't see a lot of people whining on the 360 either, TONS of spamming, but not really whining. Your headset only works in party, so you're not in the lobby hearing everyone. The economy sucks on 360 too, and there are idiots everywhere, no matter what game or server you play on. I would say instead of idiots, we have WAY more little kids, cause tons of younger kids play more console games than Pc games, Controller = easier to learn than keyboard. No offense to you or your post of course :D

MasonMarxx
Nov 10, 2008, 06:36 PM
the only reason i thought about getting it for the PC was because i havent got my Xbox connected to the internet where as if i got it on the PC i wouldnt have to fuss around so much. I'm surprised at the fact that not many people have taken up to using the PC and PS2 servers considering they're on the cheaper side of gaming compared to the Xbox 360 (i am right in saying that the PS2 is free to play online? I know of a few people who play online on the Xbox but to be honest it seems like too much over all.

EDIT: can i get as much gameplay offline as online? or am i missing out on a huge section?

Syndrome
Nov 10, 2008, 06:49 PM
the only reason i thought about getting it for the PC was because i havent got my Xbox connected to the internet where as if i got it on the PC i wouldnt have to fuss around so much. I'm surprised at the fact that not many people have taken up to using the PC and PS2 servers considering they're on the cheaper side of gaming compared to the Xbox 360 (i am right in saying that the PS2 is free to play online? I know of a few people who play online on the Xbox but to be honest it seems like too much over all.

EDIT: can i get as much gameplay offline as online? or am i missing out on a huge section?

Usually to play games on LIVE you need a silver membership which comes free with any version of the 360 you buy, but a lot of content on LIVE requires that you purchase a gold membership. PSU costs the same amount to play online with all three consoles. On the 360 version, episode 2 is online only, where as on the pc/ps2 side it is also offline. Story mode is an entire story all itself with a main character you play as, just like any other game, where as online you make a personal avatar and run around and do missions from the offline game, and many more that have been updated into the game. So yes, you would miss out on a lot if you only play offline. Though the ps2/pc episode 2 is included offline, I assume that episode 3 is online only? But I'm not possitive. Either way, the only way to get the full experience is to explore gurhal online with friends. Though I do suggest you do not neglect to offline story because if you decide to do episode 2 and 3 you will not know what is going on!

RegulusHikari
Nov 10, 2008, 07:23 PM
Jesus Christ, we've been spamming WB for over 6 months?? Err, *ahem*, you've all been spamming WB for over 6 months?? I hadn't realized just how hopeless we are. :disapprove:

And about coming to PC... no. I've finally given in. Even with all the benefits of PC over 360 (assuming you have a decent PC of < 2 years old) it just isn't worth playing with such a small number of people, much less an even smaller number of competent people.

BIGGIEstyle
Nov 10, 2008, 07:54 PM
Hey no offense taken syndrome ^_^

Just saying is I hear a bunch of 360'ers complain about the squeeky bitchy 12 year olds on teamspeak.

You are right that we both have our plusses and minuses but still I stand by my dwindling community LoL

Most of the PC/PS2 population bashing doesn't take place on these boards, but it's out there.

But again, IMO I'd rather play in the smaller community where the ratio of dickheads I come into contact with MIGHT be the same, but with almost a 3rd of the Xbox population it's definitely LESS.

Syndrome
Nov 10, 2008, 08:18 PM
I've actually considered comming to pc (considering my girlfriend bought it for me for some reason) Because from what I understand, a lot more PSOW people play on it, but I just dunno if it's worth it. Play with little kids whose bedtime is 8:30 with the option to mute or take my mic off, or have a hard time finding anyone to play with at all? PLUS I started on 360, and since our characters are non transferable as they are in FFXI where you can play your account on any pc/360/ps2 considering said system has the playonline viewer, it is hardly worth it to me to trash everything I have to start ALL over, and it's DEFINATELY not worth it to have two accounts and pay Sega twice for things they seem to hold over our head like we are puppies waiting on our owners to drop our milkbone. On a COMPLETELY different subject, you know what grinds my gears? People who claim they are quitting forever and ever, and will never be back, selling their items. Not only selling them, but still selling them for tens, and sometimes hundreds of millions of meseta. If you're quitting, then why do you need meseta? If you're afraid you may come back then maybe you should keep your items just in case, and not advertise a "Huge Sale" when nothing is clearence anyhow. I buy from you or anyone else, it's all the same cause you're still charging the same. End Rant.

BIGGIEstyle
Nov 10, 2008, 08:27 PM
Hey man, if you want the mature people to play with regularly whether it's 8pm or 8 am, spend the $10 once and come run with me and my pals. We'll get you up in levels fast and if you like it, stay. I encourage anyone who want to try PC/PS2 to do so before they berate it because you never know, you might like the people or atmosphere better.

I will personally put time aside to help ANYONE who wants to play PC/PS2 side, returning, new, veteran, or newb- as long as you enjoy this game and want to play it.

Alice_Shiranui
Nov 11, 2008, 06:24 AM
Speaking of returning, I am starting fresh on PSU after a long break, and I am bringing a friend who is new to the series, if anyone is interested in playing with us we will be on PC PSU daily starting late tommorow. :D

SuperChoco
Nov 11, 2008, 01:39 PM
alright, because of the responses, I will be back next week, see you then!

Grimhart
Nov 11, 2008, 05:33 PM
For the record, WT is an awesome class. You get a nice little slice of everything between the Technics, the melee weapons, and even the longbow and cards.

AT is kinda similar, but then you get the people who expect (or even demand) you to play nurse.

And welcome back! Make some good friends off of these forums to play with in-game and you'll forget all about the population difference. I never have to look for random parties because there's almost always something going on with my friends when I come on.