PDA

View Full Version : JP PSU JP PC/PS2 content update for November 13

EspioKaos
Nov 10, 2008, 07:23 AM
http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/news/wis/?mode=view&id=779

Seasonal lobbies
Both the autumn and Festival of Origins lobbies will be running for four weeks, from November 13 through December 11.

New difficulty
Bruce's Dungeon will receive difficulty S2.

Items
The decoration "Autumn Leaves" will be on sale for the duration of the autumn lobby.

Chibi_psu
Nov 10, 2008, 07:39 AM
New boards maybe?

DarkEliteRico
Nov 10, 2008, 08:01 AM
more stuff we won't see for months on end

Arika
Nov 10, 2008, 08:16 AM
Finally, time for bruce again!

ashley50
Nov 10, 2008, 08:23 AM
waits for complaints...

str898mustang
Nov 10, 2008, 08:25 AM
JP getting an update.....no suprise there

Arika
Nov 10, 2008, 08:30 AM
No surprise because the developer in SoJ actually getting money from JP server.
Our server money might be sent to SoA only, so SoJ can be careless about update here when they get no profit.
I think that there might be kind of money problem and relation between SoJ and SoA which result in all the problem for western server and xbox360 server which are halfy controlled by both company.
Jp server has no effect, simply because SOJ control everthing, get their own money and coordinate with nobody.

(note: this is just I think tho, so it is not fact, just merely theory)

Yusaku_Kudou
Nov 10, 2008, 08:56 AM
What, nine months behind now? :P Again, just give us a level 180 cap with the same missions as JP and skip all the events for later.

FOnewearl-Lina
Nov 10, 2008, 09:44 AM
So the only new item is a room good, and it's not even related to the mission. Yay?
If you guys knew how crappy our updates have been lately, you wouldn't be complaining (+ weapons kthx?)

Meta77
Nov 10, 2008, 10:39 AM
some explain what keeps the us version so far behind the japanese game

darkante
Nov 10, 2008, 10:41 AM
some explain what keeps the us version so far behind the japanese game

They want to see the game fail outside Japan. :D *Coughs*

Marron_Shido
Nov 10, 2008, 10:52 AM
I could be many things, but like maybe SoJ has a much larger staff than SoA. What I still wonder, are Xbox 360 even sold in Japan? Or they have to be imported? One reason I wonder this is because I'm curious how much different the coding is for PC/PS2 vs Xbox 360? I'd guess most the Japan players are PC/PS2 users that play PSU, though I could be wrong. Yet if that the case, is it any harder to recode PSU updates for Xbox 360 vs PC/PS2?

Zorafim
Nov 10, 2008, 11:30 AM
What the hell? I'm paying $12 a month for content, and this is all I get? That's it, if they keep on with this, I'm quitting.

Sorry, I just wanted to see what a post like that would look like in one of these threads.

xjustsumloser
Nov 10, 2008, 11:31 AM
JP is out of content to release, period. Unless Sega wants to get creative and make some new content or some very unique quests then we are SOL.

Marron_Shido
Nov 10, 2008, 11:41 AM
Well maybe SoA should get Bill Gates to help them run the show as sponsor. :D It's not like he's short of staff or money. ROFL

Eleina
Nov 10, 2008, 11:45 AM
Japan get weekly updates!
Take one weekly update from JP servers, cut it up et VOILA you have 2 months worth of content for NA servers.

Syanaide
Nov 10, 2008, 11:57 AM
Don't worry guys, we'll get the lobby!

Cracka_J
Nov 10, 2008, 11:59 AM
Japan get weekly updates!
Take one weekly update from JP servers, cut it up et VOILA you have 2 months worth of content for NA servers.

You forgot to add the mystery bugs we get as a consolation prize.

Kylie
Nov 10, 2008, 12:48 PM
more stuff we won't see for months on end
Years at this point, sweetie.

WHlTEKNIGHT
Nov 10, 2008, 01:09 PM
I could be many things, but like maybe SoJ has a much larger staff than SoA. What I still wonder, are Xbox 360 even sold in Japan? Or they have to be imported? One reason I wonder this is because I'm curious how much different the coding is for PC/PS2 vs Xbox 360? I'd guess most the Japan players are PC/PS2 users that play PSU, though I could be wrong. Yet if that the case, is it any harder to recode PSU updates for Xbox 360 vs PC/PS2?

the 360 is outselling the ps3 at the moment in japan

WHlTEKNIGHT
Nov 10, 2008, 01:11 PM
Our server money might be sent to SoA only, so SoJ can be careless about update here when they get no profit.
I think that there might be kind of money problem and relation between SoJ and SoA which result in all the problem for western server and xbox360 server which are halfy controlled by both company.
Jp server has no effect, simply because SOJ control everthing, get their own money and coordinate with nobody.

(note: this is just I think tho, so it is not fact, just merely theory)same company different divisions thats all, of course they get money

Ezodagrom
Nov 10, 2008, 01:18 PM
What, nine months behind now? :P Again, just give us a level 180 cap with the same missions as JP and skip all the events for later.

If Mission Carnival would last 4 weeks and if the NA/EU servers would get it next friday, it would be 7 months + 1 week behind (May 8 is when JP finished Neudaiz GBR, which was after Mission Carnival there). But since that won't happend, for now it's 7+ months, and if nothing will be released until December 6 (other than maybe a new story mission), by then it'll be 8 months behind.

About Bruce's Dungeon...I kinda doubt S2 will have enemies higher than lvl 170 (due to the lack of "new weapons will be added", or something like that)...Unless lvl 175 isn't a new tier.

Danny_Dark
Nov 10, 2008, 01:21 PM
Thx for the Info Espio.
...(More Updates for Japan, and no Updates for NA/EU)...

moomoopenguin
Nov 10, 2008, 01:25 PM

there are a decent amount of japanese players on the 360. most of them just stick to uni 16 though

Treize K
Nov 10, 2008, 01:28 PM
Should I log on to jp again ?hmmmmm........

Darius_Drake
Nov 10, 2008, 01:32 PM
If Mission Carnival would last 4 weeks and if the NA/EU servers would get it next friday, it would be 7 months + 1 week behind (May 8 is when JP finished Neudaiz GBR, which was after Mission Carnival there). But since that won't happend, for now it's 7+ months, and if nothing will be released until December 6 (other than maybe a new story mission), by then it'll be 8 months behind.

About Bruce's Dungeon...I kinda doubt S2 will have enemies higher than lvl 170 (due to the lack of "new weapons will be added", or something like that)...Unless lvl 175 isn't a new tier.

It seems pretty obvious that there won't be an update on the US/EU servers until November 21st. That makes this Friday pretty bare. Even then all they will most likely do is get rid of the Halloween lobby. If we are really lucky maybe we will get a story mission, but most likely that is not happening. December 5th we will probably get the Autumn lobby and some updated info on the fact that they are still having some problems with glitches for Mission Carnival asking us to be more patient. At this point I doubt that we will get the Mission Carnival any earlier than January 2nd which will actually put us 9 months behind Japan. I guess at this point I can be called the pessimist. :(

Aorre
Nov 10, 2008, 02:06 PM
What the hell? I'm paying $12 a month for content, and this is all I get? That's it, if they keep on with this, I'm quitting.

Sorry, I just wanted to see what a post like that would look like in one of these threads.
http://pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2186394&postcount=20

ashley50
Nov 10, 2008, 02:29 PM
Should I log on to jp again ?hmmmmm........

hmmm? so you stopped logging on to JP too? :o

RegulusHikari
Nov 10, 2008, 03:49 PM

(note: this is just I think tho, so it is not fact, just merely theory)
This is deliciously ironic. Sega doesn't release updates because they aren't making money. EXCEPT THEY AREN'T MAKING MONEY BECAUSE THEY DON'T RELEASE UPDATES.

They have only themselves to blame for their failure.

GG Sega, GG.

Arika
Nov 10, 2008, 07:40 PM
This is deliciously ironic. Sega doesn't release updates because they aren't making money. EXCEPT THEY AREN'T MAKING MONEY BECAUSE THEY DON'T RELEASE UPDATES.

They have only themselves to blame for their failure.

GG Sega, GG.

No, what I meant isn't like that,
my theory is that whether they success on this server or not, SoJ won't get money, because SoJ and SoA might be totally separate and not share money. SoJ only get money from players who play it from JP server, so they gonna treat only JP server.
as I said it is just theory atm.

same company different divisions thats all, of course they get money

not necessary. sometimes, some company in different country can have totally different authority and make their own income out of different way.
as I see the state right now, their relationship is at very bad point anyway. why? because SoA team say it directly that SoJ respond for the suck update.

chicken105
Nov 10, 2008, 09:20 PM
Possibly, 13* kubara boards? I wana see how crappy the 13* kubara axe is >_>.

Arika
Nov 10, 2008, 09:41 PM
Possibly, 13* kubara boards? I wana see how crappy the 13* kubara axe is >_>.

It look like Keyblade, you can check from PSP.

and no, not from bruce, because it doesn't say that "new weapon will be added in this update"

RegulusHikari
Nov 10, 2008, 09:53 PM
No, what I meant isn't like that,

I know, but I meant it like that. It's probably the truth, sadly.

Is SoA really controlled by SoJ? Do they really need the green light to release content updates the JP servers received months ago? If there was official word of this, I would love to see it (and I'm not being sarcastic). Because all I ever hear about is how SoA needs to replace one of their ACs or how they need to work out some of the code they received almost a year ago.

If Ruby would come out and tell me that we aren't receiving updates because of SoJ's lazy ass instead of "technical difficulties", I might be more inclined to believe SoJ is more at fault here.

Besides, remember that everything is unlocked from the disc. That means translation and content updates are all completed, and are just waiting to be released. SoA has very little work left to do, and SoJ have even less. Personally, I think it's because ST thinks it's a waste of human resources for the amount of revenue they're making off this dying game.

They just don't give a damn anymore. No, wait, that's wrong of me to say. That would imply that they gave a damn to begin with.

_Vyser_
Nov 10, 2008, 09:55 PM
Maybe I'm remembering incorrectly, but our severs were only about 1-3 months behind back in the day, right? That's pretty messed up that we're 7+ months behind now...I can only see this number increase unless SoA steps it up(come on SoA, listen to Sonic!).

San Anto
Nov 10, 2008, 10:16 PM
the 360 is outselling the ps3 at the moment in japan

it did for about 4 weeks now ps3 is back on top of the 360, know your shiit.

Libram
Nov 11, 2008, 11:33 AM
Huh. Two separate divisions... It would suck if SoA were having to buy their updates from SoJ. Someone give them a loan!

DAMASCUS
Nov 11, 2008, 12:05 PM
I guess we'll see what SOA can 'afford' to give us this week then, eh? Even just as a metaphor for their ability to give us the next couple of events...that does not bode well at all because the event itself would have to generate enough returning players to be able to pay back the loan they took out for it :/

Cracka_J
Nov 11, 2008, 12:31 PM
Do the semantics of where our money goes and who gets green lights for updating really matter?

The point is JP continues to get updates while we're on life support over here and get nothing. As far as I'm concerned, each "division" still carries the SEGA name and is to some extent responsible for what is happening, regardless in how much say they have or how much of our money they see.

To me, that's the bottom line.

chicken105
Nov 11, 2008, 03:40 PM
It look like Keyblade, you can check from PSP.

and no, not from bruce, because it doesn't say that "new weapon will be added in this update"

cool :D. I'm gona go check it out.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Nov 11, 2008, 03:59 PM
Let me save you some hassle: http://psupedia.info/PSP:Morat_Machinus

But the code for it (like most of the 13-15* items) isn't even in AoI.

chicken105
Nov 11, 2008, 04:49 PM
fancy.