PDA

View Full Version : Should PSUv1 Be Downloadable?

xBladeM6x
Nov 15, 2008, 02:46 PM
This is more or less just a suggestion, even if it doesn't happen, just attempting to help.

JP PC/Ps2 servers can download it. Well rather only PC. But still, to avoid the scratching of disks, and the need for stores to find/keep them, and because PSUv1 is like 1.2GB total, they should just make the game a free download (Like JP PC version of PSUv1) or on the Xbox Live Marketplace for like 200-500 MS points. (Or Free :D)

Afterall, the NXE will let you down load your game to your hard drive, And play them from it, but your scratched disk could make the downloaded data be faulty. Therefore, downloading being the logical, and convenient answer.

Green_Bandit
Nov 15, 2008, 02:51 PM
I say they should go for it. It just might help them bring in more $$$. But on the other hand I don't think they even care about $$$ at this point since they are making people drop like flies...

Kylie
Nov 15, 2008, 03:05 PM
Actually, I think we've gotten to the point where both versions of the game should be free. Look for it to buy, and it's not that easy to find. Most people that play it on PC recently downloaded it for free by other means, so I think it'd be best to make the client easier to get. People would be more encouraged to try it out.

re
Nov 15, 2008, 03:09 PM
well if sega did sell it online with download, that would be helpful for people looking for it
I recently found a copy at circuit city for $4 :p

PSUv1 is like 1.2GB
did i get the bloated edition :P (it's a dual layer dvd right?)

if they offer it for free, might have lots of downloads for people to play the game offline only
(I'd do this, I like free games)

unlike the jp pc v1, the us version doesnt require a game key to play offline or online

Dragwind
Nov 15, 2008, 03:14 PM
This has been brought up quite a few times. I'd also like to say I believe v.1 should be made available as a free client download. It would benefit them financially if it ended up even causing a few more people to sign up online, or end up wanting AoI. I highly doubt any v.1 copies are selling off the shelves these days anyhow.

xBladeM6x
Nov 15, 2008, 04:00 PM
I highly doubt any v.1 copies are selling off the shelves these days anyhow.
If anyone could even find these copies in any store. :-P

Proto07
Nov 15, 2008, 05:42 PM
I got into the NXE beta and one of the first things I did was install PSU. Like all 360 games its 6.8 gigs. So it'd be a huge download.

mario20061
Nov 16, 2008, 10:48 AM
well the new 360 dashboard u can install games 2 your hard drive even the older games

Xefi
Nov 16, 2008, 01:03 PM
Yeah, i am up for the free download so that
more people can sign up and play the game.
Sonic Team should be doing this to pull in more
customers. :E

The future is looking more dimmer for them if
they don't do anything soon.

Rasputin
Nov 16, 2008, 01:40 PM
The game is free. Get with it.

xBladeM6x
Nov 16, 2008, 07:31 PM
Actually guys, I sent in a ticket to SEGA support. Figure I'll see if this has actually ever been considered. :D

ChronoTrigga
Nov 17, 2008, 04:20 AM
Technically PSU v1 and PSU AOTI are downloadable.