PDA

View Full Version : what is PF ???

Erkthemerc
Nov 15, 2008, 06:27 PM
Whats a pf? i see people saying it but no one will tell me what it is...

funnymatt
Nov 15, 2008, 06:29 PM
Phantom Fissure- it's a rare mission that you can get after completing any mission in the game, and will appear at the counter of any mission involved in the Neudaiz GBR or any other AoTI counter on Neudaiz.

Noblewine
Nov 15, 2008, 06:29 PM
Phantom Fissure is an exclusive rare map that appears if you clear a mission under 30 mins. The more people you have in your party the better the chance you have of finding it. However the leader if the only one who can check now to see if they have it at the counter.

Erkthemerc
Nov 15, 2008, 06:31 PM
Cool thanks

Smidge204
Nov 15, 2008, 06:42 PM
Phantom Fissure is an exclusive rare map that appears if you clear a mission under 30 mins.

PSUPedia says just the opposite:

The higher the amount of time spent in a normal mission, the greater the probability of a rare mission appearing. However, a rare mission will not appear if less than five minutes are spent in a normal mission. Also, remaining in a mission for over thirty minutes will not increase the chances above the maximum probability of a rare mission appearing.

Just throwing that out there.
=Smidge=

Neith
Nov 15, 2008, 07:09 PM
The longer the mission takes, the higher chance of Phantom Fissure. Once 30 minutes in a mission has been reached, the chance of getting PF cannot raise anymore. I think you can still get PF if you go over 30 minutes, using that wording on PSUpedia.

tadtwisted
Nov 15, 2008, 08:29 PM
maybe you guys can help me out, i heard that if your the party leader and you get the PF that your locked to a rare mission and you can go to Moatoob and do a FOI. i've never done it for fear of loosing the fissure, but i would rather do the FOI ( because ive never seen a red/knight drop, and i dont need 50 more [b] double agito ). so let me know if that true or just another wild story

DarthLasek
Nov 15, 2008, 08:33 PM
maybe you guys can help me out, i heard that if your the party leader and you get the PF that your locked to a rare mission and you can go to Moatoob and do a FOI. i've never done it for fear of loosing the fissure, but i would rather do the FOI ( because ive never seen a red/knight drop, and i dont need 50 more [b] double agito ). so let me know if that true or just another wild story

Yes you can switch missions...I switch from FOI to PF all the time.

Genoa
Nov 15, 2008, 10:40 PM
However, if you switch leaders you won't see the rare mission. But if you give leader back to the person who was ORIGINALLY leader (whoever started the mission to begin with) is the one who will be able to see a rare mission. So don't switch leaders until AFTER you KNOW you didn't get a rare mission.

Also, once we get the next GBR (guardian's boost road) for Parum, Mines of Illusion will be released (a rare mission for Parum).

ForteGunnerW
Nov 16, 2008, 08:35 AM

Also, once we get the next GBR (guardian's boost road) for Parum, Mines of Illusion will be released (a rare mission for Parum).

so im guessing ruins will be in guardians colony??

darkante
Nov 16, 2008, 08:41 AM
so im guessing ruins will be in guardians colony??

Even iīm pretty damned sure of that, and i donīt even have any fact. XO

Genoa
Nov 16, 2008, 02:10 PM
That was my speculation as well. But one step at a time... I might be married and have a couple kids before we ever see anything like that >___>

Libram
Nov 17, 2008, 12:42 PM
Yes you can switch missions...I switch from FOI to PF all the time.

This is true? If so I can quit wasting my time running between Neudaiz and Moatoob everytime I want to check for the rare missions.

Smidge204
Nov 17, 2008, 12:52 PM
It is true. Once you have triggered the "rare mission flag" it is valid anywhere there is a rare mission (currently only Neudaiz and Moatoob), providing you do not start another mission and you do not return to your (or anyone else's) room.

=Smidge=

Genoa
Nov 17, 2008, 02:19 PM
It is true. Once you have triggered the "rare mission flag" it is valid anywhere there is a rare mission (currently only Neudaiz and Moatoob), providing you do not start another mission and you do not return to your (or anyone else's) room.

=Smidge=

Actually you can even log out, come back on the next day, and still have a rare mission.
As long as you know that YOU were the one that actually got the rare mission.

Before, during the GBR on Moatoob, after a mission was completed, the entire party would disband and check if they got Foi individually, because the party leader wouldn't see Foi if someone other than him/herself had got it.
Now, the only thing that's different, is the leader checks for the entire party. It doesn't necessarily mean having more people increases ONE odd of finding rare mission, it just means that you have multiple bodies that are able to get a rare mission individually, yet the leader can check for each individual body at one time.
Sometimes you get a rare mission twice in one party. I've run PF, come back, went back in the counter and had it again.

I have also logged off after a White Beast S2 run (RIGHT after we finished, because I was running late for work...) and when I logged on after work, I went to Kugo Hot Springs (to level my Techs in Sakura Blast) and as I got to the mission counter, I had PF... :p

ForteGunnerW
Nov 17, 2008, 02:45 PM
That was my speculation as well. But one step at a time... I might be married and have a couple kids before we ever see anything like that >___>

Yeah i know what you mean SEGA will probably take years even to get mines.... well PSU might not last that long

Akaimizu
Nov 17, 2008, 02:59 PM
Hmm. Shame the answers came when they did. I was going to say that PF stood for the Peregrine Falcons (PF Squad) in Metal Slug. Marco, Tarma, Eri, and Fio. :)

stukasa
Nov 17, 2008, 03:49 PM

=Smidge=
I just thought I'd mention that last time I got PF, both the party leader and I returned to our rooms to get the right gear. When we returned to the lobby, the rare mission was still there.

Proto07
Nov 17, 2008, 04:01 PM
About 250k.

zing!

Sinue_v2
Nov 18, 2008, 02:38 AM
Phantom Fissure- it's a rare mission that you can get after completing any mission in the game,

Maybe I'm just old, but I seem to keep wanting to call it Fissure of Fear.

Smidge204
Nov 18, 2008, 06:33 AM
I just thought I'd mention that last time I got PF, both the party leader and I returned to our rooms to get the right gear. When we returned to the lobby, the rare mission was still there.

Well this clearly goes against everything I've read and been told about it. Of course I'm in no position to know which is right and which is wrong, but this is the first time anyone has mentioned evidence against the "conventional wisdom."

I'd be interested in hearing from more people about it.
=Smidge=

stukasa
Nov 18, 2008, 11:58 AM
Well this clearly goes against everything I've read and been told about it. Of course I'm in no position to know which is right and which is wrong, but this is the first time anyone has mentioned evidence against the "conventional wisdom."

=Smidge=
I was playing with my friend a couple days ago and we got PF, so I said "Let's go back to our rooms and get the right gear first!" We returned to our rooms, got what we needed, returned to Neudaiz, then my friend added me to the party again. We went to the lobby and PF was still there! I wasn't even thinking about the possibility of losing it at the time, so I'm glad that didn't happen. :lol:

RAGNAGELPPOD
Nov 18, 2008, 04:30 PM

=Smidge=

I've been in parites where we all broke up, dumped things in our rooms and then regrouped to do the mission on several occasions. There was also an occasion when I logged in and the first mission I had was the rare counter, meaning that I must have gotten it the night before when I had logged out.

Libram
Nov 18, 2008, 07:43 PM
If I ever do get a rare mission again I'll do some testing.