PDA

View Full Version : AotI Xbox 360 slowdown?

Poubelle
Nov 16, 2008, 05:15 PM
Well... I've never had an issue with this before, but I just started doing the AotI missions and I've been getting MAJOR slowdown when in battle... it really sucks.
Does anyone else have this problem, and is there any way to fix it?
It was really bad just now when I did the Hyuga rescue mission... it was also bad when I went to Moatoob with Lou but the mission was so easy it didn't matter.
It's getting a little more difficult now (I'm only level 20) so the slowdown is gonna mess me up.
Any way to fix it?

desturel
Nov 16, 2008, 05:34 PM
Restart your Xbox is the way to fix it. I'd give more details, but I have to run out. I'm sure others will explain

Turb0
Nov 16, 2008, 06:12 PM
If you feel like reading a 6 page thread about it (with GM posts too): http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=75354&highlight=slowdown

It's commonly referred to as "robot slowdown" because it only occurs on missions w/ robots. What people have discovered is that only on some maps of some missions, there's a specific spawn that starts the slowdown. For example, this post (http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?p=842686#842686) details the slowdown for desert goliath. On the 2 maps that it shows pics of, the slowdown will start on one of the spawns after you go through the tunnel on the 2nd block. Basically, if you get one of the slowdown maps, abandon and start the mission again until you don't get one. While it's not too bad at first, it gradually gets worse and worse and the only way to fix it is restart your 360 (some have said just going back to the dash fixes it but idk since I haven't gotten it in a while). It'll affect even running through lobbies, going through menus, typing, etc. so it gets really annoying.

While we have been assured that they're working on fixing the problem, as you can see that thread was from april...and it's still here.

HyperShot-X-
Nov 16, 2008, 08:02 PM
in Hyuga rescue story mission, as soon as you notice a hint of slow down, it might be better to just abort the mission and exit out to dashboard to reload and start it again instead of trying to finish the mission all the way as it gets worse in the end. Dashboard reload works most of time except severe cases.

Once you learn the maps for Desert Goliath & Grove of Fanatics, chances are good that you can avoid bad spawns on 2 out of 9 variations. Referencing PSUpedia helps.

Other known missions with robot slowdowns like Sacred Stream, Train rescue are really not worth running repeatedly for any rare drops.

MUDGRIP
Nov 17, 2008, 05:55 PM
han. can we cut down on the profanity please. thank you.