PDA

View Full Version : Wow...Yea...I miss you PSU

Sha Sha
Nov 17, 2008, 12:45 AM
Well last month about the 13th i got fired from my job and on the 24th my PSU subby went up so since then I haven't played PSU at all, even offline...It made me think....
WTF AM I DOING WITHOUT PSU!
Man I never knew how much i would miss playing it. and its only been what, not even a full month. To tell the truth I haven't even turned on my ps2 in the last month.
It makes me sad.

So people if you did (or not) take a unwanted (or maybe a wanted) break from PSU didja miss it?
I'm trying to get another job asap so i can get back on
I MISS YOU PSU!

ashley50
Nov 17, 2008, 12:52 AM
should this be on rants section?

pikachief
Nov 17, 2008, 01:05 AM
im known by my friends as a PSU FREAK ZOMG and so far i've gone over a month without PSU and have 0 urge to go back. lately its been BORING and i have had no fun on the times i do try to return. if i continue not to have fun for master classes and mission carnival, im going to stop paying sega $10 a month that im not even putting to use lol

TecherRamen
Nov 17, 2008, 01:06 AM
person 1 yes
person 2 no

xBladeM6x
Nov 17, 2008, 01:13 AM
Hey, It's an addictive game. That and It's a good game. People just overlook the game and try to look for all the flaws.

But welcome back, if you re-new your subscription.

pikachief
Nov 17, 2008, 01:14 AM
well i think its a good concept of a game with many flaws :)

xBladeM6x
Nov 17, 2008, 01:23 AM
well i think its a good concept of a game with many flaws :)
Not so many flaws, so much as it is just SoJ being lazy... :-x

pikachief
Nov 17, 2008, 01:30 AM
Not so many flaws, so much as it is just SoJ being lazy... :-x

or the major flaw of all levels not having equal rewards?

white beast gets boring after about 10 runs u know? let alone 10,000 :)

the bugs that get put in? the support? the events? the rollbacks? the community is also a flaw but thats in every MMO and isnt a fixable one lol :P

the terrible storyline? its an RPG for crying out loud! how about the lack of unique weapons? :/ u know they can do better. the photon arts limit the uniquness that weapons can have because they cant have special abilities attached to the weapon itself.

their horrid attempt to make it more like PSO. y would u make it more like an outdated game i dont know.

i can go on but i wont because this is a forum about PSU where we should be praising teh game not thrashing it for i really do enjoy this game despite its flaws.

(oh and one more, i looked at an old post from another forum i go to quite often and someone asked "Whats the big thing about this game" in reply someone told them that this game seems like its gonna be great because of the many large updates it would be receiving! lol whooops)

xBladeM6x
Nov 17, 2008, 01:46 AM
or the major flaw of all levels not having equal rewards?

They shouldn't have equal rewards in the first place. Especially when a mission is harder.

white beast gets boring after about 10 runs u know? let alone 10,000 :)

For those who choose to be boring.

the bugs that get put in? the support? the events? the rollbacks? the community is also a flaw but thats in every MMO and isnt a fixable one lol :P

Again, SoJ being lazy and not testing the content they give us. :-x

the terrible storyline? its an RPG for crying out loud! how about the lack of unique weapons? :/ u know they can do better. the photon arts limit the uniquness that weapons can have because they cant have special abilities attached to the weapon itself.

Storyline is alright, I personally like it. But then again the story could be non-existent and it wouldn't phase me but that's just because I play for the online MMO aspect. Not the "Online Story."

Photon arts - Meh. Personally I think they are fine. Guess it's just a matter of opinion. :-?

their horrid attempt to make it more like PSO. y would u make it more like an outdated game i dont know.

Because to this day on Private Servers it's still popular, and ran officially for 7 years.

i can go on but i wont because this is a forum about PSU where we should be praising teh game not thrashing it for i really do enjoy this game despite its flaws.

Regardless of the flaws, I enjoy it too. But that's because I don't focus on them. Ever. Also because they are not like O_O problem.

(oh and one more, i looked at an old post from another forum i go to quite often and someone asked "Whats the big thing about this game" in reply someone told them that this game seems like its gonna be great because of the many large updates it would be receiving! lol whooops)

They were right, and It did receive it's large wave of updates, but since MAG2 and now the Mission Carnival, SoJ can't seem to get it's act together.

My reply added. ^^;

Phetty
Nov 17, 2008, 02:59 AM
Sadly I don't miss it. And I don't even need to pay to play online... The concept was great, but Sonic Team failed to make the game itself great. They should have made it for the now current gen consoles. Too bad Gears of War 2 is almost a permenant part of my 360 now instead.

EMPYREAN
Nov 17, 2008, 03:22 AM
havent playd it since the end of magv2, and honestly i dont miss it cuz its too boring atm.
but if we finaly get some frecuently decent uppdates i will return.

R2D6battlebot
Nov 17, 2008, 03:37 AM
I miss what PSU used to be, if thats what youre asking.

Also, @ Pikachief, they constantly try to make this like PSO because fans know which game was better. PSO had cooler missions and bosses by far, and thats not even to mention how mega badass the weapon selection was. And to this day, I'd stand by the fact that PSO Gamecube water graphics in Seabed were better than anything PSU 360 has displayed.

DarkEliteRico
Nov 17, 2008, 06:14 AM
im known by my friends as a PSU FREAK ZOMG and so far i've gone over a month without PSU and have 0 urge to go back. lately its been BORING and i have had no fun on the times i do try to return. if i continue not to have fun for master classes and mission carnival, im going to stop paying sega $10 a month that im not even putting to use lol Agrees entirely, it's been almost 4 months since i've enjoyed the game at all. Other then having a run here and there, there really is nothing for me to look for other then making money to buy shit in game that is overpriced for most items.

Hey, It's an addictive game. That and It's a good game. People just overlook the game and try to look for all the flaws.

But welcome back, if you re-new your subscription. It WAS an addictive game, but with nothing new it's failing fast

Without multi-quoting again and again. I don't believe its SoJ's problem to fix the US/EU fuck-ups, their in-game population exceeds ours BIG-TIME and always will for games like this. Since SoJ tells us what to put out for the US/EU side, it's SoA to make sure the product they put out it ready AND worthy of patching. It's been their problem whenever we first got the game and had an almost immediate rollback for things, as well as the ooopsy "We left in a debug mission" and other stuff.

I'm not paying for someone else to make mistakes, they should've fired their staff months ago and brought a new dev team to pick up the pieces.

With Chill stepping down we lost one of the only GM's I found worth a shit, wasn't always right, but HE TRIED. He attempted to keep the community in the loop as a whole and worked as hard as he could to keep us happy. Now that he's gone who's going to step up to the plate and help out the rest of us.

I still enjoy PSO, offline as well as offline on the dreamcast, gcube, and xbox but I'm loosing all respect and playability for the game considering the offline content for it is total shit.

/rant :argh:

I'm done as of today I won't be on the game till I see a major change

Riviera
Nov 17, 2008, 06:49 AM
[SPOILER-BOX]Well, never expected someone to post something like this... in my opinion, this just proves ur addicted to the game... just my opinion afc! BUT lets not get away from topic...[/SPOILER-BOX]

Around february 2007, i couldn't renew my subscription cause the billing site decided my transaction was not safe anymore. After sending/recieving numerous mails from SEGAc support, i saw that was taking too long to solve my issue, and i quited. Wasn't a quit like i expected, but still, i didn't miss this too much cause i had other stuff to do, so 2 days after i found out another thing to fill my free time. Happy end tho: in october 2008, i found myself with nothing to do, and a friend told me he was gona go back to PSU. I tryed to make a payment... "Et voilá!" My transaction was safe again, so i came back after 1 year and a couple of months.

So, NO, i never missed this after being forced to quit. And going a bit off-topic... This didn't change much.

Arika
Nov 17, 2008, 06:57 AM
Prepare a "welcome back" message. Hope you get your job soon!

afterthoughtz
Nov 17, 2008, 08:11 AM
I have never been that addicted to a game...ever, infact, i've played psu for about half year now and i'm SICK of it. Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go play some other mmo's on my brand new laptop, and these mmo's get updates:)

Nuclearranger
Nov 17, 2008, 09:20 AM
How did you get fired?

Prolly by playing PSU at work huh? lol

Zorafim
Nov 17, 2008, 10:23 AM
I'd say I miss the game. I never intended to really quit the game, but I've been waiting so long for new things that it feels like I have...
Really, it's only Levia that I miss. I really enjoy how she came out, shame not to be playing with her.

On a bright side, Northrend came out beautiful. Doesn't feel like a grind at all!

Kion
Nov 17, 2008, 10:32 AM
I`ve been with out PSU for about five months now. i`m finding i miss it alot more than expected. It`s a pretty decent online rpg with a good battle system and doesn`t such out your life as much as korean mmo`s. Pretty easy to hit level caps, get sick of missions, so sign on occasionally and enjoy the players you party with all of the time. It`ll be march or later until i can get my hands on a decent enough pc to play psu again. not quite a year missed of playing the game, maybe i`ll come back to find two new missions. :lol:

darkante
Nov 17, 2008, 10:41 AM
I`ve been with out PSU for about five months now. i`m finding i miss it alot more than expected. It`s a pretty decent online rpg with a good battle system and doesn`t such out your life as much as korean mmo`s. Pretty easy to hit level caps, get sick of missions, so sign on occasionally and enjoy the players you party with all of the time. It`ll be march or later until i can get my hands on a decent enough pc to play psu again. not quite a year missed of playing the game, maybe i`ll come back to find two new missions. :lol:

2 New missions?!!! In only half a year? U CRAZY! >.<

Cathbar
Nov 17, 2008, 01:36 PM
I haven't been able to play PSU because of work and then a move across the country. All in all, it's been about 5 - 6 months since I've really been able to play. I miss it horribly.

seph_monkey
Nov 17, 2008, 04:56 PM
oh yeah i have missed this game big time, i mean i first i thought im getting bored of it but when i dont play im like eh i wanna play but im always busy with things.

i dont think the game is so flawed as people say, then again im not a hard core player so i dont complain for little things. also i dont rely on sega to make the game fun cause thats just the way i am.

the reason why i like psu is because its not like most MMOs that are all point and click like.

Jainsea
Nov 17, 2008, 04:56 PM
I find myself missing it a bit now and then. I've been gone before MAG 2 got here. Missed all the rewards =_=
I find its a good game despite its obvious flaws. You don't have to sink in toooooooo much time to get somewhere like other MMO. I do wonder what my characters are doing atm O: probably eating cookies and sleeping. To think of all the coins I could've had saved up :\ oh wells :p

pikachief
Nov 17, 2008, 08:57 PM
I miss what PSU used to be, if thats what youre asking.

Also, @ Pikachief, they constantly try to make this like PSO because fans know which game was better. PSO had cooler missions and bosses by far, and thats not even to mention how mega badass the weapon selection was. And to this day, I'd stand by the fact that PSO Gamecube water graphics in Seabed were better than anything PSU 360 has displayed.

i understand but i mean they're trying and failing :/

PSO had cool weapons/weapon effects, bosses, and missions.

we dont need to have exactly PSO now, the weapon designs could be better, because of PAs we cant really have weapon effects, and the way missions are designed and mapped out in PSU is completely different from PSO.

the only thing i can see them making just like PSO and working is bosses. and they didnt do that :(

Rambo!
Nov 18, 2008, 05:06 PM
I want to play this game it WAS very fun but every time I log on I find nothing to do but white beast. It wasn't the community that killed this game for me it was SEGAC. There lack of updates and support have more effectively killed this game than a group of hard core hackers. Most of my friends that played have moved on and a few have vowed never to play another Sega developed game after this horse-shit. Pso lasted 8 amazing years Phantasy star Unverise will be lucky to make it to 4. In the end it wasn't the players or the community that has killed this game is has been sega.

Seority
Nov 19, 2008, 07:59 AM
Well...wait...WHAT???!
You mean, you've got THIRTEEN jobs and got FIRED from ALL of them???
I can't even get ONE goddamned job with a GOOD record!
Sheesh, ya'll are too picky in life. :/

(Oh yeah, real reply.)
I miss it too, but I know the second I fork off my last $10 all I get is;
-wind whistles over baren feild-
"Hals news report updates!" -scrolls across the top-
"The PSU offical EU servers are now closing! Make sure to say gb to all your friends because we quit!.............."
Me -> ' ___ ' ... I knew it...

Cracka_J
Nov 19, 2008, 10:04 AM
To be honest, I really don't care anymore. It was fun while it lasted, and I enjoyed the ride.

Super Turbo HD Remix is out next week, along with Street Fighter IV in 3 months. I'll likely just see my PSU subscription fade in January while I'm getting ready for my transition back into fighters. After spending nearly 2 1/2 years on PSU and seeing it end like this, I'm done giving another hour of my time to any new SEGA games.

Here's to another developer noticing the potential and buying the PS license from the once great game company SEGA, that has mutated into the poopstain that you can't get rid of: SEGAC.

SStrikerR
Nov 19, 2008, 10:20 AM
To be honest, I really don't care anymore. It was fun while it lasted, and I enjoyed the ride.
I agree. I had the most fun the first few months, when the hotspot was de ragan and moa had just been unlocked. Heh, how the time went. My friends ended up quitting, so within the past year my only option was to solo. I tried getting back into this game a few months ago, though. No dice. I've played missions in psu 4238563425903 times and SLAUGHTERED every boss, meanwhile I've logged so many more hours and have yet to even do HALF the quests. I understand why Sega tried to add PSO things into PSU, but that's impossible really. A lot of people want another PSO game, however I don't, because with Sega's current track record, they would fail miserably and put a huge stain on PSO's current life, and the memories of its former players.

All in all, Phantasy Star has had major ups and downs, but I'm really putting my faith in PSZero now. If not, at least I have the games of the past to fall back on. Long live Phantasy Star.

Thanks for reading,

Ryan

PepperCat
Nov 19, 2008, 10:22 AM
Here's to another developer noticing the potential and buying the PS license from the once great game company SEGA, that has mutated into the poopstain that you can't get rid of: SEGAC.

LOL poopstain...

Gib rarz?

Cracka_J
Nov 19, 2008, 11:07 AM
LOL poopstain...

Gib rarz?

Mah PM gets all dem rarz.
CHOMP CHOMP CHOMP bitchez.

Kion
Nov 19, 2008, 11:35 AM
Most everyone has been pissed off about not getting update (content already on the disk). It`s segac`s horrible inability to maintain an online community. PSo was fine because it was a complete game, not some deformed messed up concept of a game hosted on servers. Sega sucks at service, but they know how to make a good concept. I wonder if PS for DS or PSP would prove to be a decent amount of offline multiplayer good times. Or atleast a solo game with an ending.

jShazBot
Nov 19, 2008, 06:09 PM
I played on PS2/PC servers. Haven't been on in about 2 month's because I haven't had the chance to renew my debit card and issues with Sega's crap support that goes into an entirely different story that I'll probably write about in the rants section or whatever when I'm bored a lil later today. I've been really busy with School stuff on weekdays and Marching band stuff on the weekends. Though, when I do have the chance to hop on XBL with my friends, my friend and I sometimes hop on the PSU demo. He tries to find girls to talk to (LOL) while I on the other hand just really like pissing people off and making scammers look like complete idiots. It's fun for a lil while but then I end up playing CoD4 or Halo 3.
Maybe during winter break or summer, if I find a better place to play my Xbox, I'm really considering switching over to the 360 servers rather than play on the -1 star server on PS2/PC.