PDA

View Full Version : JP PSU JP PC/PS2 update for November 20

EspioKaos
Nov 17, 2008, 11:23 PM
Two things before we get started. First, if you're not interested in Japanese updates, why are you even reading this? Hit you browser's back button and carry on about your business. Second, this post contains Episode 3 spoilers, particularly dealing with the sixth chapter. Nothing terribly big, but don't say you weren't warned!

http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/news/wis/?mode=view&id=781

New story mission
Episode 3 - Chapter 7 - "Road to Rykros"
The purpose of "Operation: Photon Harvest" was to help increase the output of the LSS photon generator, however the collection target was not reached. No one is certain if the Confinement System will even start up...

Xaeris
Nov 17, 2008, 11:28 PM
Collection Target wasn't reached? Did they not succeed in Shred the Darkness and the plot is reflecting that, or is it supposed to be like that?

EspioKaos
Nov 17, 2008, 11:30 PM
I think it's supposed to be like that. In the sixth chapter, they were collecting photon-saturated mushrooms from Habirao, but it looks like they didn't get enough of them. D:

hewitt
Nov 18, 2008, 12:15 AM
Oh snap. Them JP'ers are slackin'.

DAMASCUS
Nov 18, 2008, 12:18 AM
I prefer to know that we have content to look forward to...I just have stopped trying to think about when it will arrive for the US PSU :p

Noblewine
Nov 18, 2008, 01:20 AM
I'm looking forward to this. It sounds like fun. I hope this will have some humor in it like one of the chapters awhile back.

Alecc
Nov 18, 2008, 01:22 AM
oh boy do i wish i played in jp servers.... have fun you guys :D

Arika
Nov 18, 2008, 01:37 AM
haven't played story 6 yet..
I think I have to clear all these before the last 3-8 come.

Aorre
Nov 18, 2008, 03:11 AM
I want another partner card!

Neith
Nov 18, 2008, 06:33 AM
If JP didn't collect enough, god help us when we're asked to collect photons.

God help us all. :wacko:

Mysterious-G
Nov 18, 2008, 07:25 AM
Neat, I am excited to see what the chapter will contain. :D
And since Chapter 6 was just for photon collecting purpose, I would not be suprised if we will not get the chapter, and we will be told that we already had enough photon energy. :D
Yes, I am not serious.

Thanks for the news, Esp. ^^

Dark Emerald EXE
Nov 18, 2008, 01:29 PM
Two things before we get started. First, if you're not interested in Japanese updates, why are you even reading this? Hit you browser's back button and carry on about your business. This is actually made me laugh but back to the topic
i kinda enjoy seeing what japan getting...atleast that way....."Eventually" in time i kno we will get it but seeing how updates are goin =O

FOnewearl-Lina
Nov 18, 2008, 08:23 PM
Two things before we get started. First, if you're not interested in Japanese updates, why are you even reading this? Hit you browser's back button and carry on about your business.

*Hits back button*

But weren't we supposed to be getting MAG+ this month?
Guess we won't see it till the middle of next month, hence next grind up won't be until early feb ><

I don't think the story gonna change much regardless, Sonic Team are too lazy to make anything into a branching storyline. The Confinement System will start up if you believe in miracles.

ashley50
Nov 18, 2008, 08:45 PM
hmmm..last i played was 6...ima wait for something more 'worth' before i reactivate my account :l

and Im always grateful for espiokaos' news :)

Kylie
Nov 19, 2008, 01:18 AM
What's a story mission...?

... =|

But seriously, this sounds cool. I hope the story progresses on our side soon.

Kion
Nov 19, 2008, 11:39 AM

Don`t worry it`ll be a couple years before it comes this way. I`m sure the two remaining players on the NA servers will manage somehow.

Zorafim
Nov 19, 2008, 12:04 PM

They'll probably tone to down to fit the population of the server. In other words, we'll probably have to find three.

EspioKaos
Nov 19, 2008, 12:46 PM
If you guys are joking about the photon collection thing, ignore this. Otherwise, I feel I should point out that it's not a server-wide tally a la MAG or 1Up, but instead a story element that will not change. In the sixth chapter of EP3, you are sent to Habirao to collect a certain amount of photon-saturated mushrooms. Scientists expect to be able to use these to assist in getting the Confinement System started (I'm guessing there's something extra-special with Habirao fungus, considering the place has abnormally high photon concentrations), but now it sounds like they underestimated how much they'd need, thus the "worry" over the system not starting when the Unification Point rolls back around.

BFGfreak
Nov 19, 2008, 03:32 PM
If you guys are joking about the photon collection thing, ignore this. Otherwise, I feel I should point out that it's not a server-wide tally a la MAG or 1Up, but instead a story element that will not change. In the sixth chapter of EP3, you are sent to Habirao to collect a certain amount of photon-saturated mushrooms. Scientists expect to be able to use these to assist in getting the Confinement System started (I'm guessing there's something extra-special with Habirao fungus, considering the place has abnormally high photon concentrations), but now it sounds like they underestimated how much they'd need, thus the "worry" over the system not starting when the Unification Point rolls back around.

Ok, first off, "photon-saturated mushrooms"? I think someone was having some when he came up with that. And anyway, why do I get the feeling that the ending will go something like they have to use up every photon in the system to power up the bloody Confinement system, thus killing the seed, while rendering their weapons and technology useless.

Kion
Nov 20, 2008, 02:36 AM
I actually got my hopes up thinking that sega actually planned ahead to make major elements of their story player dependent. now I`m just sad. :sad:

Aorre
Nov 20, 2008, 09:13 AM
So the new mission was decent. Spoilers below:
[spoiler-box]In the first half you must kill 200 enemies. Maybe this is the new Rescuing Hyuga? idk...
In the second half you must hit a bunch of switches (19 in total, much easier with Tornado Dance)

Tomrain fails:
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e391/pandawear/tomrainfails.jpg

And we finally get Lina Sukaya's partner card!
Pretty easy. I earned S on A rank on my first try.[/spoiler-box]

EspioKaos
Nov 20, 2008, 02:04 PM
Couple questions on "Road to Rykros," Aorre. (I'm just trying to add some more info to our articles at PSUPedia.) What lobby are you let out in at the end of act 1? I'm guessing the Kugu Desert since this particular RELICS site is supposed to be in a remote part of the Kugu. As for act 2, does the entire trial take place in the seabed plant on Parum? I'm reading that you're supposed to be headed for the Denes RELICS in that part, so that would make sense I guess.

Aorre
Nov 20, 2008, 03:11 PM
You're correct. Kugu Desert is the midpoint lobby and the second half of the mission takes place in that plant base (the same place as Lab Recovery).

Arika
Nov 20, 2008, 10:30 PM
Hey, what is the item that you can get after clearing the mission part 2 on S other than Tonio portrait and Lina partner card ?

EspioKaos
Nov 20, 2008, 11:28 PM
Hey, what is the item that you can get after clearing the mission part 2 on S other than Tonio portrait and Lina partner card ?
Erdel Harp (http://psupedia.info/Erdel_Harp). No known use yet, but speculation says it'll be required to either synthesize or trade for the Erdel Arrow.

Arika
Nov 21, 2008, 12:34 AM
Erdel Harp (http://psupedia.info/Erdel_Harp). No known use yet, but speculation says it'll be required to either synthesize or trade for the Erdel Arrow.
15* arrow mat... why obtain so easy... D:

Inazuma
Nov 21, 2008, 12:33 PM
its likely used for a long bow? wow what a let down. i wanna get tonio's poster deco but i couldnt get S rank as MF after about 4 attempts. apparently its possible for non tornado dancers to pull it off, but i cant figure out how. sure would be nice if someone made a video so i could see exactly how its done. either way, im not giving up on that tonio poster...

PSU has been so boring for me lately since i pretty much had nothing left to do but now things are a little more interesting. MAG+ should probably start on wed and bring some new items to hunt, i hope...

FOnewearl-Lina
Nov 22, 2008, 12:26 AM
Hopefully it's also a component of the Edel Fusil, though it's a bit early to release the 15s rifle so the other components probably won't be available until like half a year later. And you can't sell the harp either so until we know how many you need and what else you need to to obtain the weapon, it's kinda pointless farming it (How about, 99 harps for 1 weapon ala Dalgun Rod style? :P).

Inazuma gotta keep trying, it's not impossible ^^