PDA

View Full Version : PC/PS2 Where is everyone?

ForteGunnerW
Nov 18, 2008, 12:58 PM
Lol this past week when ive been on theres been like not even 1 star full i want the old days back when crea doubles were 30mil and we had 2 unis full (PC/PS2 servers) BTW

amtalx
Nov 18, 2008, 01:06 PM
Dead. 360 is suffering too.

Kylie
Nov 18, 2008, 01:09 PM
I don't think it will ever get to where it was when the game first came out. I thought the expansion might get it back to that range, but a lot less people joined than I expected. I'm sure more people will start showing up once something interesting is added though because I know of several people on a break right now that are saying that.

Golto
Nov 18, 2008, 01:26 PM
Unless pc/ps2 becomes free we will never see a full universe again thanks to lack of updates.

Gen2000
Nov 18, 2008, 01:29 PM
For PC/PS2, every week this month it seems to be dying little by little. During "dead time" like when most are at work/school, there used to be 1 star at least and at "peak times" we would hit 1.5 stars and stay that way until the next day. Nowadays during dead time barely 1 star is lit and at peak times we can still hit 1.5 stars but it's very flicky...might drop back to 1 star easily after one run.

If the trend continues we'll be down to half a star at best even during peak times by the end of this month.

WBMike
Nov 18, 2008, 01:32 PM
Pretty much dead now. No Updates = No Population
Plus I feel bad when I'm idling and people mail me for missions but I gotta study so...

Ryna
Nov 18, 2008, 05:22 PM
I've been signing on in the evening lately, but there's literally been no one to play with. Since I haven't been in the mood to solo, I've just been idling while playing PSP.

Powder Keg
Nov 18, 2008, 06:31 PM
R.I.P. PSU

ChaosAngel92
Nov 18, 2008, 06:49 PM
I've been signing on in the evening lately, but there's literally been no one to play with. Since I haven't been in the mood to solo, I've just been idling while playing PSP.

Same thing here.
To be honest, since I have PSP now (japanese) and PSP North America is "just around the corner" Im considering quitting.

PSP is more fun. Its giving me the fun I have been looking since I started on PSU.
In other words, yeah. Its just a matter of time PSU server close.

DavidNel
Nov 19, 2008, 10:28 AM
Hey, I just came bakc online, and I can't find ANYONE! There was only one S2 group at White Beast. Is the population on the PS2/PC servers really that low? Or are people playing at another popular mission.

If ou could give me some hints on where to find a party, I'd appreciate it!

SStrikerR
Nov 19, 2008, 10:29 AM
Try bladed legacy at Cabo Base II, on moatoob. Yes the population is that bad.

DavidNel
Nov 19, 2008, 10:30 AM
Try bladed legacy at Cabo Base II, on moatoob. Yes the population is that bad.

Thanks, and ouch....

Dragwind
Nov 19, 2008, 12:08 PM
It's become increasingly difficult on PC/PS2 to find a party, especially recently. It seems more and more people have strayed away to other universes again, or other random missions. Finding a party is becoming harder, so my advice would be to make friends with whoever you can find, and stay in contact with them through mails and whatnot. A good way to meet new people would be to attend the mission spotlights that are announced every so often. You could meet some new people through those.

Golto
Nov 19, 2008, 01:07 PM
People aren't spreading out to other universes they just aren't playing on the pc/ps2 side. If I have 5 people online in my card list its a rarity. Of course 4 of them are afk.

Chris28
Nov 19, 2008, 02:32 PM
animal crossing > PSU

Poignantswine
Nov 19, 2008, 02:42 PM
I don't have a clue what you guys are talking about. The last few nights I've played there was no trouble getting a party together.

I've said it before: I'm sticking it out until the bitter end.

Powder Keg
Nov 19, 2008, 02:48 PM
I don't have a clue what you guys are talking about. The last few nights I've played there was no trouble getting a party together.

You must be lucky enough to have some Partner cards of people who are still around. I hear there's barely a star now.

Kizeragi
Nov 19, 2008, 02:57 PM
*points to sig*

I give up with PSU pretty much, if we ever get Lightning Carnival, I will play that, then quit fully.

Also, I'm not gibing rarz, so don't ask.

Gunslinger-08
Nov 19, 2008, 03:00 PM
You know, some of us are gearing up for finals... That's why I've not gotten on since this Sunday. >_>

hewitt
Nov 19, 2008, 03:04 PM
R.I.P. PSU

You donate so much necessary posts to every topic you pass through! ^^

hewitt
Nov 19, 2008, 03:06 PM
animal crossing > PSU

I've been playing that, too. :D

BFGfreak
Nov 19, 2008, 03:14 PM
animal crossing > PSU Gears 2 > PSU, and it has an enjoyable de rol le fight

Powder Keg
Nov 19, 2008, 03:56 PM
You donate so much necessary posts to every topic you pass through! ^^

Now now.... You'll notice plenty of posts pretty much stating the exact same thing, only they say it in 2+ paragraphs, I'm a "straight and to the point" type of guy.

Finae
Nov 19, 2008, 04:21 PM
Lol the remaining ppl are at White ******ore. Its usually a star during the day, then late at night, it goes down to no star filled. Sometimes, you get a star and a half, but it usually die to a star at some point lol.

Others are elsewhere and don't want to play with you.

In essence, blame segac, mainly segac of japan. I wouldn't make PSU your main game if I were you, but its good to play still. I suggest if all you're going to do is bawww like a farm animal for life about this game, to quit the game for about 5-6 months (this means also not coming to psu related forums which most who quit usually do, which means they still love this game lol) and come back to see if its still up and running and if updates have been applied.

Eh I did the above and took a 4-5 month break so it was interesting to see what has been added lol. Most can't take 4-5 month break tho cuz they love this game too much even if they bawww daily about the death of this game so they continue to watch and wait and will resubscribe the minute they know a good update is coming. Just watch and see what happens lol.

Cracka_J
Nov 19, 2008, 04:29 PM
http://pressthebuttons.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/gameover.gif

Noblewine
Nov 19, 2008, 04:31 PM
Most of the people are on the 4th floor on G-Colony. You can find a party there. The rest are running old missions or their at White Beast. Military Subway or Bladed Legacy is popular. I ran it yesterday and had alot of fun.

Erkthemerc
Nov 19, 2008, 04:33 PM
The problem is all the people who quit and then return when there is an update... if u are so board with the game kill one of your charecters and start over, thats what i do to keep the game interesting, how is it segas problem if you have all four of your charecter slots maxed out...

ErtaiClou
Nov 19, 2008, 04:44 PM

Hey that's not fair I wasn't afk.....that long! ^^;

Honestly I could've swore that that night everyone was on here looking through threads like these rather than actually playing lol

Neith
Nov 19, 2008, 05:10 PM
The problem is all the people who quit and then return when there is an update... if u are so board with the game kill one of your charecters and start over, thats what i do to keep the game interesting, how is it segas problem if you have all four of your charecter slots maxed out...

I'm nowhere near capped- I have one character capped. The reason people are quitting is because it's getting boring running the same old stuff. Nothing new has been added for ages, so the game is stale. Some would say it's dead in the water, but we'll see.

My account expires in 2 days, and seeing as there's no update (likely) this week, I can't see me renewing until more content is unlocked (hey, and as a bonus, maybe with a playerbase to run it!)

SStrikerR
Nov 19, 2008, 05:13 PM
I'm nowhere near capped- I have one character capped. The reason people are quitting is because it's getting boring running the same old stuff. Nothing new has been added for ages, so the game is stale. Some would say it's dead in the water, but we'll see.

My account expires in 2 days, and seeing as there's no update (likely) this week, I can't see me renewing until more content is unlocked (hey, and as a bonus, maybe with a playerbase to run it!)

I played since dec 25, 06, and I never capped. I played in EVERY event, and I didn't cap. I played more than other people, and why didn't I cap? I hated he grinding that was PSU. Being strong was the only real motivation for me to play, and yet..I couldn't do it.

amtalx
Nov 19, 2008, 05:20 PM
Gears 2 > PSU, and it has an enjoyable de rol le fight

Can you imagine if PSU had boss fights like that? o_O Sadly, PSU isn't allowed to be that awesome.

BIGGIEstyle
Nov 19, 2008, 06:06 PM
Anyone looking for a party or people to play with get in contact with me. I might not be able to guarantee someone in your main's level range but if you have a character between level 30 and 140 I can assuredly find other people for you to run with.

Bare minimum I've got a get range of characters I could run with you and I'd be more than happy to add new names and faces to my card list.

If you want someone to run with, PM me or leave a BB in BIGGIE's room.

Tetsaru
Nov 19, 2008, 06:35 PM

It's Segac's fault that they don't extend the level caps regularly and give us events and missions that make leveling up so friggin' easy to do in the first place. =/

Granted, I DO have two characters that aren't max level yet (and NUMEROUS uncapped PA's), but it's not very fun when there aren't many low-level parties floating around to help. If I wanna level up something by myself, I probably wouldn't be playing an online game, lol.

All I can say is Segac better send us a damn good update on a silver platter tomorrow night (preferably Parum GBR with new missions/S2 or S3 difficulties) or I'll be supremely pissed. Solo hunting for stuff like Millas and Degahna Cannons gets old and fruitless REALLY quick. All this lack of activity makes me wish I had some money so I could go buy myself a copy of Little Big Planet or something... -_-X

Para
Nov 19, 2008, 06:43 PM
Need motivation to play... motivation = new content. No new content = no motivation for many.

hewitt
Nov 19, 2008, 07:06 PM
Now now.... You'll notice plenty of posts pretty much stating the exact same thing, only they say it in 2+ paragraphs, I'm a "straight and to the point" type of guy.

Well, they have posts based around other things than stating the obvious: PSU needs updates and is drowning.

Niloklives
Nov 19, 2008, 07:09 PM
I'm always logged in but none of my p1s or p2s are ever on and the lack of updates makes gameplay pretty dry. I've just been afk leveling bullets and playing other stuff. when they want to give us something new to do, maybe things will pick up.

KaiNova7
Nov 21, 2008, 02:22 AM
man..this is bad news.I have'nt been on in weeks due to real life stuff.Hoping to come back soon..Does'nt sound like a a good home coming though :/

-Majuub

Rust
Nov 21, 2008, 02:54 AM

Exactly. My highest char isn't even lvl 100, yet I have the feeling I have done everything to death. And the fact that most of the mobs are mere reskins of others and that you can kill pretty much everything the same way doesn't help.

Canceled sub because I wouldn't have had time to play on 'peak hours' during november (and it was a wise choice, the internet connection I have is crap), since I'm in GMT+1, but not even sure I'm gonna renew my sub when I'm back.
At that point, the only thing that still drags me in PSU are the people in my cardlist I partied or, in that case, will party with.

Powder Keg
Nov 21, 2008, 07:40 AM
man..this is bad news.I have'nt been on in weeks due to real life stuff.Hoping to come back soon..Does'nt sound like a a good home coming though :/

-Majuub

Hey Majuub, good to hear from you.

Gunslinger-08
Nov 21, 2008, 09:48 AM

-Majuub

I'll be on :D Shoot me a mail in-game.

Danny_Dark
Nov 21, 2008, 03:45 PM
Nothing New...that's a Shame...*Going back playing Fallout 3*...

Aorre
Nov 21, 2008, 10:46 PM
I laughed when I read the topic title, sorry.

But yeah, from what I hear the PC/PS2 side isn't doing too hot. Maybe one full star at peak times? x_x

Yusaku_Kudou
Nov 22, 2008, 01:30 AM
You all can join the 360 side... we're only hitting one full universe now. I liked it much more when it was 3, then 2.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Nov 22, 2008, 02:14 AM
http://pressthebuttons.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/gameover.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6aRwky0W5Y
All the more fitting, as it's from a SEGA game.

DAMASCUS
Nov 22, 2008, 03:11 AM
It surprising amount of people have gravitated toward HSM S for the 'flashlight'...I mean um, spotlight.

For a few days anyway, good stuff :D

ThaiSoup
Nov 22, 2008, 03:30 AM
I'm one of the people who have been gone from PSU for some time now. I've thought about playing again, but as stated countless times by the players. Lacks updates/Content. When PSP released in JP, I was close to importing it. But I with maybe 1 nearby friend who would also get their hands on it. I figured I'd just wait for the US release. From the sounds of it, alot of people will be getting PSP. And well, there goes the server. I don't think in the past Sega has been the type to keep a server up without pay. So to a point, I can see PSP killing off PSU in a whole. Of course there are holes and flaws to this logic, one being expansion gives a pixel of hope. But just my two cents.

HeY_iTz_LiNxX
Nov 22, 2008, 10:07 AM
Pretty much dead now. No Updates = No Population
Plus I feel bad when I'm idling and people mail me for missions but I gotta study so...

True...for Xbox and PS2

Kizeragi
Nov 22, 2008, 11:48 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6aRwky0W5Y
All the more fitting, as it's from a SEGA game.

I havent heard that for yeaaars!~ XD
But yeah, I'm gonna say Game Over too. Even if the update comes, I don't see many being around to play it.

Sexy_Raine
Nov 23, 2008, 06:32 PM
If I'm not on my PS3, then I'd have Nova briefly level her bullets.

Yeah, it's Segduh's fault for way things are. Maybe they should just get rid of the damn monthly fee, that should get people back on.

DragonStriker
Nov 23, 2008, 11:33 PM
I still play.

Genoa
Nov 23, 2008, 11:37 PM
Is it sad when I chuckle when I'm starting up PSU and that screen pops up saying "Checking for new patch files"
<___>
I'm on... but not nearly as often as I once was. I only have one more character to cap, working a bit on PA's... not really motivated to hunt any items, and I none of my friends are touching the game until the next update.
My friends and I have been playing Left 4 Dead like there's no tomorrow, but I'm the only one that gets on PSU a few days out of the week.

xXJoshXx
Nov 23, 2008, 11:46 PM
well i just quit on thrusday dont have any inspuration to come back to they get a decent update

hunterseifer
Nov 24, 2008, 12:23 AM
I had to buy a used ps2 since I over used my old one(got a warenty so I can get my money back when I get a ps3 lol), and gotta get another PSU disc since I burned it out too, but idk If its worth the 20 bucks since nothing new is goin on and sounds like its been getting worse since ive been gone, but I dont wanna quit since I did all that work >.>

Yunfa
Nov 24, 2008, 12:40 AM
huntersifer! i recommend you save up for a PS3 (Walmart is having a $100 gift card for PS3 this x-max) and get, Disgaea 3!!! I stopped playing when school started for me, the last thing I was working on was trying to capture lvl 9999 characters (yes you can capture humans!) who all have 10mill + stats all around.

MSAksion
Nov 24, 2008, 02:07 AM
I have 200 old cards of friends and AMZINGLY i found a lot of them have returned after how long?

One friend disappeared a year ago and finally popped back in. Another since FIREBREAK. Another just renewed after some messy real life but amazingly yes they are back. XD at least when someone leaves me they should give me a goodbye or an explanation rather than disappear into the Void. But who's complaining i'm glad theyre back and running with me in PSU.

Now at the same time i also lost founding members of my team - friends that i've had since the beginning back in 2006 November. My 2nd longested friend quit on my Birthday due to bordem. Another found WARCRAFT. Another has a Playstation 3 to fire up. My longest friend has Finals. Everyone else kinda drifted to other things - games, real life situations, or just taking a break. My brother finally returned after 6 months so there's hope that something sparks a friend's interest in the game.

Buts its cool. The Entire Aksion team stays in contact in a variety of ways. My suggestion is to get your friends Cell phone numbers, Xbox Live Gamer Tags, PS3 networks, Nintendo Friend codes, Real Emails, and Chat IM names to keep in touch.

Another great suggestion is to go to the mission spotlight. Thats where the DEDICATED will be. These are people who want to keep the game alive and will support any little the GM's can do. Those people who hide in random universes alone will not save PSU its all of us gathering in universe 02 despite the spam about "FROM BEHIND" whatever that means >_>

Make friends with anyone you can find. Get their card no matter if you plan on playing with them again or not. Because honestly when their card is lit and your other 199 cards are not then thats where you team up.

To be honest PSU kinda is a living Chatroom to make some friends that are still going strong. I love PSU i met and have been in contact with the best community in a game i've ever played. I dont want to see PSU die and the only way to stop that is to have the community come back and lets have a good time.

That is of course if Sega wants to cooperate and SUPPORT THEIR OWN GAME with UPDATES and CONTENT GRRRRRRRRRR.

stukasa
Nov 24, 2008, 11:30 AM
I still play every day (~1 hour) and I don't plan on leaving anytime soon. The PC/PS2 population is getting smaller but it's not as small as some people make it out to be. When I put items out for sale in my shop they almost always get sold, usually pretty quickly, and the names on my visitor log are almost always different each time. That gives me hope that there are more people playing than we realize, it's just that different people are on at different times of the day so the population is never very large at one time.

strikershadow
Nov 24, 2008, 12:48 PM
Anyway, I just got back to playing online on the PS2 and... there were 9 people total at white beast... What happened to everyone? Is this game dying?

dean_k
Nov 24, 2008, 12:56 PM
I think so. I logged in recently as well to see how it was doing. I saw 13 people at White beast.

Anon_Fire
Nov 24, 2008, 12:56 PM
I'm afraid so.

DAMASCUS
Nov 24, 2008, 01:00 PM
We're in a lull with no definite word on updates or events. Many people are taking a break but will return when we get some solid updates...or hopefully the Carnival.

All we've had is a solid star on UNI2 for quite a while now..

ashley50
Nov 24, 2008, 01:08 PM
yes...it is dying. :)

Cracka_J
Nov 24, 2008, 01:09 PM
Add into the mix that there's quality games coming out from every possible direction the industry can throw, and yeah, you got major psu downtime.

Just sit back and play something else for the time being, you'll find yourself much less aggravated, and actually enjoying a lot of the new titles out there instead. At this point I'm just curious how far they're gonna let the game slide with no support.

Reginaldo
Nov 24, 2008, 02:58 PM
I think Phantasy Star Zero will be the final nail in PSU's coffin.

Finae
Nov 24, 2008, 03:25 PM
Lol matters what time you're playing but yeah, if you're playing at non peak hours, its gonna be dead there. Other times, you may actually see 2 pages of parties there.

Like I always say, don't make this your main game to play lol. I swear to god I've answered 3408304830843 of these as I see these types of topics pop up daily lol.

HienkyakuX
Nov 24, 2008, 03:26 PM
Remember most of the ppl that play at pc work and/or study. Don't know about others but my finals are around the corner......once I'm done with physics I'll be a bit more online in my case.

ashley50
Nov 24, 2008, 04:17 PM
you can turn back now while its early before it ends up as another "Quitting speech"...

popcapking
Nov 24, 2008, 04:26 PM
Yea i think the game is dying. I logged on the other day and there was almost none on there.

popcapking
Nov 24, 2008, 04:29 PM
I gots a question would you guys recemend psu for xbox 360 or ps2????

Rhedrimond
Nov 24, 2008, 04:32 PM
Anyway, I just got back to playing online on the PS2 and... there were 9 people total at white beast... What happened to everyone? Is this game dying?

You also have to take into consideration that people actually /do/ hang out at places other than White Beast. Try places like the 4th floor of the colony, the hot springs, and even the mission spotlight. Even at non-peak hours you can usually find small crowds at these places. I know it is beating a dead horse, but if you base your game around only the one mission then you're setting yourself up for a lousy experience.

ChronoTrigga
Nov 24, 2008, 04:37 PM
You know what pisses me off? The fact that the GMs can't do shit about it.

BIGGIEstyle
Nov 24, 2008, 04:58 PM
Bah, you just need to find people to play with. If you want people that are on regularly, join a guild. If your guild suck for having members online, join OUR guild.

The game is slowly dying, but until PSU breathes it's last strained breath, I'll be here.

SuperRygar
Nov 27, 2008, 05:42 PM
I think Phantasy Star Zero will be the final nail in PSU's coffin.

agreed. but what if they screw that one up to...maybe its a trick. to get us to apprieciate PSU again haha

i plan on playing Phantasy Star Zero, alot. it looks like it will be great :D