PDA

View Full Version : Photon Arts Distances

Googlebonker
Nov 18, 2008, 10:47 PM
Hello!

I was told that the distance a character travelled while using Anga Jabroga could be changed if Frame Skip was changed (PC Version).

The graphic below shows a minimum-height character in similar frames before an Anga Jabroga impact animation occurs. In that graphic, PSU is running in 640 x 480 resolution and with Frame Skip set to (from left to right) 3, 2, 1, and 0.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f293/Googlebonker/Jabroga.jpg

Obviously, Anga Jabroga travels furthest when Frame Skip is set to 0.

I know height can affect how high a character jumps (Alt+J and Dus Majarra Part 2 can help you see), and Frame Rate can affect the travelling distance of Anga Jabroga.

Are there any other factors that can affect Photon Arts performaces? Are there any other Photon Arts that are similarly affected by any factors?

barnacleez
Nov 18, 2008, 11:12 PM
I remember when I was running PSU on my laptop with frameskip 3 that Tornado Dance, 1st part of Majarra, and the 3rd combo of Bogga Danga didn't travel as far as with frameskip 0 on this computer.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Nov 19, 2008, 02:49 AM
Any skill that involves a charging forward type motion is similarly affected. This means Bogga Zubba, Tornado Dance, the last part of Assault Crush, The second part of Hikai Shuha-zan, The second part of Anga Dugrega, and probably a few other things too.

Googlebonker
Nov 19, 2008, 07:23 AM
-.- That helps explain why Anga Dugrega Part 2 doesn't travel far enough on the PS2 version.

It would be nice if Sonic Team could fix that! :D

biggabertha
Nov 19, 2008, 09:09 AM
Spiral Dance.... Man oh man.... Spiral Dance...

BahnKnakyu
Nov 25, 2008, 09:38 AM
Don't forget everyone's fan favorite, Dus Spamjarra.

Btw, the Frameskip affects how well PAs turn. In FS0 certain PAs are REALLY hard to turn. Majarra for example. Chikki is also hard to turn midway. Probably a bunch of other PAs that I don't remember off the top of my head.

Techs and bullets are also affected by Frameskip, but I forgot how.

CelestialBlade
Nov 25, 2008, 09:48 AM
I dunno, I can do some pretty acrobatic stuff with Tornado Dance at frameskip 0 XD That PA is retarded amounts of fun.

I used to be amused at my PS2 friends during MAG when they'd try to Jabroga and move like, 2 inches.

Frameskip affecting Bullets....hmm. Back in v1 I'd alternate between my desktop and my laptop to play PSU, and I'd run FS0 on my desktop and FS2 on my laptop. Can't say I really noticed a difference in how far my bullets and technics traveled, but it's a curious topic. I may have to look into it a bit. One way I CAN see frameskip affecting technics is with Nos-technics, in determining how far you can make it travel.

Dragwind
Nov 25, 2008, 10:55 AM
Dam- techs when used on a tech mag on FS2 or under doesn't allow you to move the tech back and forth. It stays static.

CelestialBlade
Nov 25, 2008, 10:59 AM
Dam- techs when used on a tech mag on FS2 or under doesn't allow you to move the tech back and forth. It stays static.
Huh, that's interesting. I wonder if FS affects Machineguns at all? I've got a lot of stuff to test later....

Genoa
Dec 1, 2008, 03:05 AM
I haven't played on anything other than FS0 in so long I'd probably croak if I saw some of the things you guys are saying D:

Kumlekar
Dec 12, 2008, 02:09 PM
THANK YOU! I was wondering why durega's second hit wasn't even reachign the enemies I had knocked back.