PDA

View Full Version : I Need Motivation

raikomaru40
Nov 19, 2008, 08:31 AM
Within the next year, I will start playing PSU. I won't be playing online or doing anything special, I just want to play it b/c I hear it's good. What are the main aspects of offline PSU that really shine? I'll be playing on the 360. Also, what's the difference b/t regular PSU and AotI?

AC9breaker
Nov 19, 2008, 09:38 AM
The aspect of PSU offline that makes the game shine? The absence of Sega's bumbling clusterfuck support is a positive I think.

Cracka_J
Nov 19, 2008, 09:52 AM
The aspect of PSU offline that makes the game shine? The absence of Sega's bumbling clusterfuck support is a positive I think.

Winnar!

Also, unless you go PC or PS2 version, you wouldn't be able to play AOI offline. For 360 it is network mode onry.

Version 1 is playable offline for all platforms, I believe.

Xefi
Nov 19, 2008, 09:58 AM
What are the main aspects of offline PSU that really shine??

you get to play as Ethan Waber! :E

Darklighter
Nov 19, 2008, 11:31 AM
I might agree PSU AOTI might be better offline then online in some ways but not the original. Outside story mode the original offers very little. If your going to play PSU offline best to get a version with AOTI available offline.

Dragwind
Nov 19, 2008, 12:01 PM
There are some differences between v.1 (vanilla PSU) and it's expansion (AoI).

The core gameplay is roughly the same, with AoI bringing much needed tweaks and additional content to the game. From my understanding, you can't play the AoI content offline on the 360 (once again, I'm unsure as I don't own it), so you might be missing out on some good stuff.

Overall though, if you at least enjoy the aspect of leveling up with a dash of story and item hunting, you should get a decent amount enjoyment from offline mode.

sephiroth115
Nov 19, 2008, 06:26 PM
There are some differences between v.1 (vanilla PSU) and it's expansion (AoI).

The core gameplay is roughly the same, with AoI bringing much needed tweaks and additional content to the game. From my understanding, you can't play the AoI content offline on the 360 (once again, I'm unsure as I don't own it), so you might be missing out on some good stuff.

Overall though, if you at least enjoy the aspect of leveling up with a dash of story and item hunting, you should get a decent amount enjoyment from offline mode.

Yes, that is true. You cannot play the AoI content offline on the 360 :D I have it on the 360. I kinda do like it online, just to get the interaction with the people that are still playing. The major downside to the online, besides the lack of updates, is 80% of the people flock to 1 mission. Soo... Yeah thats all, I'm rambling again. Hope you enjoy the game ;)

raikomaru40
Nov 20, 2008, 07:05 AM
Alright, sounds good. One more thing, what's the deal with character customization? Is it there? I see people playing as Ethan and different characters. Is it just during the main storyline you have to be him, or is it a 'clear save data' thing?

Darklighter
Nov 20, 2008, 07:44 AM
For the main story you play as Ethan. After you get far enough into the story it unlocks an option for extra mode. This lets you create your own character and go through free missions you unlocked in story mode. You can make any race or sex but you only get three job classes offline Hunter, Ranger and Force. Also in ver1 you get very limited choices in clothing and parts.

raikomaru40
Nov 20, 2008, 07:48 AM
kthxbye