PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 NXE And PSU

xBladeM6x
Nov 19, 2008, 04:30 PM
How will the NXE make your PSU experience better or worse?

Positive Effect:

For me, I loved the idea of the 8 Player Private chat. It helps so much, because I am constantly doing Sleeping Warriors, To level Techs, and De Ragan to level skills, and now I can talk to my other friends in a party while they are leveling things too. ^^;

(Temporary) Negative Effect:

The only complaint I have is that since people are looking at all the new features and playing around with their avatars, they seem to be not be on PSU right now. Therefore making the game surprisingly very unpopulated right now.

desturel
Nov 19, 2008, 04:35 PM
I just need to be able to load this game to the hard drive. No more disc read errors for me. :)

Dark Emerald EXE
Nov 19, 2008, 04:42 PM
How will the NXE make your PSU experience better or worse?

Positive Effect:

For me, I loved the idea of the 8 Player Private chat. It helps so much, because I am constantly doing Sleeping Warriors, To level Techs, and De Ragan to level skills, and now I can talk to my other friends in a party while they are leveling things too. ^^;

(Temporary) Negative Effect:

The only complaint I have is that since people are looking at all the new features and playing around with their avatars, they seem to be not be on PSU right now. Therefore making the game surprisingly very unpopulated right now.

This is true but you have to make note that it just came out....let people enjoy thier new present and they will come back ^_^ lol
I havent updated mine yet(since im not at home) but when i come home 2morrow 2night i will update and if the avatar and other stuff is as fun as most of heard then i may not even get on PSU 2morrow night

xBladeM6x
Nov 19, 2008, 05:08 PM
Oh Yeah! I Installed PSU to my hard drive! It loads a bit faster, and the graphics look a little more polished. (HDTV so I can see the difference)

My Avatar looks like me IRL. :D

But yeah, when I downloaded the update, I felt like Christmas morning came early this year! :D:D:D:D:D:D

zensiyo
Nov 19, 2008, 06:00 PM
But yeah, when I downloaded the update, I felt like Christmas morning came early this year! :D:D:D:D:D:D[/QUOTE]

true, true !!

lantis-zagato
Nov 19, 2008, 07:52 PM
I don't mean to sound stupid but how do you install the game onto the hard drive of your xbox. I didn't really mess around with the new live update except to make an avatar. I also only have the 20 gig hard drive. Is it also true the graphics look better? Even a little bit would make me happy.

tadtwisted
Nov 19, 2008, 08:08 PM
go to recently played games and click on PSU then the option to "download to hard drive option" shows up, the only thing ive noticed is it loads a little faster and my xbox is now super quiet because the disk isnt spinning

lantis-zagato
Nov 19, 2008, 08:10 PM
Excellent thank you very much...that would help me so much because for some reason my xbox sometimes has trouble reading my disc. Disc in an original with no scratches, xbox is only 4 months old because my old one got the RRoD.

Yusaku_Kudou
Nov 19, 2008, 09:54 PM
Yes, it's VERY quiet. PSU is another game altogether without the jet eng... disc drive doing its thing.

desturel
Nov 19, 2008, 11:52 PM
PSU is another game altogether without the jet eng... disc drive doing its thing.

It's a conspiracy by MS to get the people who still only have the 20GB drive to buy the larger Drive... it just might work too. PSU is 8.7 Gig total with Ambitions so I have no room left to put any other games. I'm really tempted to just download the games to the HD as I play them.

Turb0
Nov 20, 2008, 01:20 AM
PSU is 8.7 Gig total with Ambitions so I have no room left to put any other games. I'm really tempted to just download the games to the HD as I play them.

:-o I only have like 7 gigs left. I'm getting kind of tempted to pick up this. (http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/x/xboxlive60gbstarterpack/) 60 gigs is probably plenty for me, comes with 3 months of XBL (you can use this on your existing gamertag, right?), and I know my current mic will end up breaking at some point so then I'll have a replacement ready. Hmmmmmmmmmmm....

Yeah, I haven't tried out the NXE yet, I told myself I'd actually study tonight and not turn teh 360 on. I'm definitely looking forward to that 8 person party chat thing, but I probably won't be able to get online until friday.

mvffin
Nov 20, 2008, 01:49 AM
I haven't noticed much of a difference since installing PSU to the hard drive. I'd hoped it would reduce the stupid graphical slowdown on AOTI missions, but no, its still there.

Avatar thingie is ok, but needs more options and interactivity. You can make your avatar look around and wave, and thats it.

Jinto117
Nov 20, 2008, 02:01 AM
Yes, the update is much welcomed. Although I don't play PSU anymore I can see the new Party Chat feature being very popular.

ThEoRy
Nov 20, 2008, 12:31 PM
But doesn't aoi already load off of the hard drive so what's the point of installing v1? I didn't notice any difference in loading times at all so I removed it.

desturel
Nov 20, 2008, 01:36 PM
But doesn't aoi already load off of the hard drive so what's the point of installing v1? I didn't notice any difference in loading times at all so I removed it.

Parts of the AoI missions load from the HD and other parts load from the DVD. If you go to Sakura Blast, the layout for the map is loaded from the DVD. The textures, overlay and creatures are loaded from the HD. This is why you can get a disc read error is V2 missions. Heck, I've had read errors in Lightning Beasts and the only thing that needs to be loaded from disk on that run are Jarba, Distova, and Shagreece.

I'm not sure about creature re-skins. It would seem like a waste to load a Gaozoran from the disc and reskin it as Bal Soza or Komazli since they have different AI.

Besides, no matter where you are, the mission screen music always loads from the disc. V1 weapons load from disc. V1 clothes load from disc. Character models load from disc. Voices and most of the sound effects load from disc. It's not like the expansion duplicates the data that's already there. It only adds in new data, music and textures.

Darius_Drake
Nov 20, 2008, 04:17 PM
I love the update. My favorite feature so far is the party chat. The game install is pretty cool as well though, nice having a quiet 360 while I am playing a game for a change.

Akaimizu
Nov 20, 2008, 04:36 PM
Party chat is actually the best feature, so far. Thing is, it's mainly for certain other games in which the party chat *really* becomes good. Like the one issue of KUF: Circle of Doom, in which if you're going between load points, nobody can talk to each other in game. That breaking-up of communication is kind of annoying. However, with Party chat, voices are all uninterrupted in that game. A win/win situation.

CaRLxD
Nov 21, 2008, 12:50 PM
:-o I only have like 7 gigs left. I'm getting kind of tempted to pick up this. (http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/x/xboxlive60gbstarterpack/) 60 gigs is probably plenty for me, comes with 3 months of XBL (you can use this on your existing gamertag, right?), and I know my current mic will end up breaking at some point so then I'll have a replacement ready. Hmmmmmmmmmmm....

Yeah, I haven't tried out the NXE yet, I told myself I'd actually study tonight and not turn teh 360 on. I'm definitely looking forward to that 8 person party chat thing, but I probably won't be able to get online until friday.
Urm not 100% if this is true but apparently (Says my local game store) If your hard drive is full you can phone up Micosoft an get a 60 gig one for £12.99 ( $25ish)

S-T-H
Nov 21, 2008, 01:01 PM
http://www.xboxstorageupgrade.com/

It's more of a thing for people that either don't have a hard drive or don't even have a memory card big enough to support all the NXE stuff. I believe the offer is either a free 512 meg card or a really cheap ($20 or something) refurbished 20 gig.