PDA

View Full Version : Let the PSU playerbase's voices finally be heard!

Tetsaru
Nov 19, 2008, 07:49 PM
I went to the official PSU homepage a while ago to see what updates we weren't getting yet (lol) and saw this link:

http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=92289

If you care about the fate of PSU, I urge to PLEASE post in this thread on their official forums. Normally, I hate their forums, but this may be the only opportunity we get to actually voice our opinions directly to the higher-ups at Segac, and breathe new life into this dying game.

Here was my response, for anyone who's interested:

[spoiler-box]

Name of Mission or update that you'd most like to see:

- Preferably, EVERYTHING Japan currently has, ASAP.
- Merge all of the regional/console servers.
- Drop support for PS2, and release the next expansion for PS3. PS2 is a significantly weaker console, and is only holding the game back. If not possible, allow for hard drive support.
- Master classes.
- The Arms Dealer trade-in mission. I want my Guld & Milla and Adahna Degahna Cannon!
- Parum GBR with new missions, items, and S2/S3 difficulties.
- New Photon Arts, mainly Bullets and Techs (for example, Nos- techs for every element, Grants, Gimegid, Damzonde, a MST/TP debuff, more useful "ultimate" PA's for gunners).
- 12*+ gun weapons (Killer Elite, Edil Fusil, Shigga Pakuda, Gur Hanab, etc.) that aren't ridiculously difficult to get and/or were only available during seasonal lobbies or events.
- Animations/effects for weapons. Why is it that the Psycho Wand could fold up on PSO, but not in PSU??
- NO MORE RESKINS. That Dark Falz boss was ridiculously stupid.
- More exploration and non-instanced combat in certain areas. Spamming the same missions over and over again knowing what to expect gets old.
- Make the PA attack button useful for gunners. Melee weapons can use normal attacks and PA attacks. Techers can link two technics to a weapon. Why don't gunners have something similar?
- Hire a translator that knows what he's doing, and get rid of all the censorship and mistranslations. I want to be able to say stuff like "pork" and curse if I want to, and I hate seeing stupid mistakes like Agito "Repca," "Nel's" Soul, and "Shato."
- Get rid of the horrible lagging issues that bog down a lot of the players on low-end systems (hence my recommendation of dropping support for the PS2). Changes to gameplay involving nerfing the visual effects of high-level technics is not only lazy and stupid, but also demoralizing to the players who worked so hard to level them that high.

Why you want to see this update:

Isn't it obvious? The fact that I've listed so much that needs to be improved upon should be proof enough. PSU is dying because of the lack of competent updates and too many screw-ups from Sega. Our population is continuously shrinking because of the lack of fun things to do, and the fact that Japan has nearly a year's worth of more content than the North American/European side, with much less problems.

Platform you play on:

PC

How long you've been a subscriber:

Since January of 2007... nearly 2 years.

General Feedback (any other notes you'd like to add):

I love PSU, but I am so ashamed to see the company that made the highly successful PSO games make PSU look so much worse in comparison. PSU should've been BETTER than PSO, NOT worse.

All that content on the original PSU disc and the AotI disc needs to be unlocked IMMEDIATELY and never drop-fed to us again. When (or should I say, IF) the next expansion comes out, all of its content should be available to us as soon as it hits the servers. Then, start working your rear-ends off for NEW updates EVERY 2 WEEKS AS PROMISED. Right now, I feel that all the hackers that once plagued this game could've done a better job of running our servers by themselves, and that's pretty sad.

That said... GET TO WORK, SEGAC. I, as well as the rest of the NA/EU playerbase, am furiously sick and tired of your incompetence and apathy towards us. Only when I start seeing old friends return to the game and STAY will I remove that C at the end of your defiled company's name... MAYBE. >:3

[/spoiler-box]

Tyreek
Nov 19, 2008, 08:14 PM
Interesting news. I'll be sure to get my 2 cents in soon.

afterthoughtz
Nov 19, 2008, 08:41 PM
Seems like another way for segac to look at our replies and turn a blind eye....AGAIN!
But its worth a shot

Retehi
Nov 19, 2008, 08:45 PM
This topic is purely hypothetical

haha. . .

lantis-zagato
Nov 19, 2008, 08:45 PM
That thread really does make it sound like sega is saying, "Ok, here's one last thing before we make a run for it with all the women and children!" Hopefully that is not the case and the GM is really just trying to get something in writing for SOJ and SOA to show just how fed up we are. And to tell you the truth, I'm not one to really complain about lack of updates and stuff but reading everyone's responses made me realize just how little we have received lately and how far behind we are compared to Japan. Kinda makes me sad in a way :/

Dhylec
Nov 19, 2008, 08:51 PM
Heh, I don't know what kind of result we'd get from this 'wish list', but I'm tempted to sign up just to reply. ;]

Golto
Nov 19, 2008, 08:59 PM
Sadly that topic was only made to herd all the 'where the f**k are our updates?' topics into one sticky topic.

ashley50
Nov 19, 2008, 09:08 PM
I'll just wacth and see what happens...

Chuck_Norris
Nov 19, 2008, 09:11 PM
I did my part.
Master Classes, PA changes (For GT, AT, WT, and FT) Arms Dealer mission, Thanks Festa 1+, and S3 Moatoob missions.
Because the Masterclasses are far overdue, the GT PA change wasn't suppost to even be done at the time of master classes, Thanks Festa+ for Degahna Unit, and Arms Dealer for Adahna Degahna Cannon, and S3 missions because I liked those old Moatoob missions. I want to see those shine, if only for a few weeks.
Platform you play on:
Playstation 2. (The disc is anyway, but I play on the PS3.)
Since about Christmas of 2006.
Drop the PS2. It's time to move on to the new generation of consoles.
Give us some way to get Whitle Wings and Vivienne Fluge, since the localized Phantasy Star Portable won't have the character uploading like the japanese version does.[/spoiler-box]

I really hope this works...

[spoiler]Of course, Sega works at the speed of govornment, so we probably won't know for 6-8 months.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Nov 19, 2008, 09:16 PM
I hate seeing stupid mistakes like Agito "Repca," "Nel's" Soul, and "Shato."
"Nel Soul" is a travesty, along with stuff like "Stag Cutralli." "Shato" can really go either way, since PSO was actually in error and it more correctly should have been Shato in both PSO and PSU. "Repca," on the other hand, is supposed to be Repca. Both Agito Repca and Durandul Repca. The Japanese is REPUKA, not REPURIKA, so Repca is the accurate localization in that regard. There are also some other issues of localization, like the fact that De Rol Le should be "De Rolei" (in the same way that De Ragan is not Dragon).

Anyway, thought I would point this out.

Also, for this to actually be useful to them, saying "Oh I want all the content and more new features" isn't going to help very much. I get the impression that they really want to know which singular update people most want, although I have doubts as to whether or not the schedule could be changed depending on response.

Morpheo
Nov 19, 2008, 09:27 PM
I must have not been there when the SEGAC joke came to be... im guessing it has something to do with kubara products? possibly....

Tyreek
Nov 19, 2008, 09:34 PM
Well, my 2 cents are in.

[spoiler-box]Name of Mission or update that you'd most like to see:

Most preferably, Chapter 6 of Episode 3. Also, Parum's GBR with the release of Electronic Brain S2 and SEED Express. Master Classes are a plus though. And as I am a stickler for grammar when it comes to games, please fix ALL of the spelling mistakes made to the game. Ethan's father's name is "Olson" Waber, not Orson.

Because I mainly wish to see Episode 3 reach its final conclusion and I've waited for Parum to have a GBR for a very long time.

Platform you play on:

PC

For 7 months

I have been patient so far with the issues going on with AOTI. However all I can say is, the longer you drag your feet on the issue at hand, meaning "updates" the more customers you will lose. So for the sake of Phantasy Star Universe and its fanbase, do not let this become another [/spoiler-box]

But uh... yeah. Chapter 6 please.

Xefi
Nov 19, 2008, 09:35 PM
i'll give it a try too. i have an account on
the main site but haven't use it for years
now. :E

From what i see, the majority seems to
want Master Classes and Parum GBR, so
i'll vote for that as well. Let's do it!

edit: posted my voice on the main site.
[spoiler-box]Name of Mission or update that you'd most like to see:
Parum GBR, Master Classes, & level 150 cap.

I just want to see more PSU players back and help PSU grows, and these updates might bring people back. :E

Platform you play on:
PC

Since the game came out.

I wish Sonic Team the best of luck and hope that they try their best to make PSU a better experience for everyone.[/spoiler-box]

lanvandam
Nov 19, 2008, 09:47 PM
yea its a good idea but skip all the events and just give us the updates we can always get the lame events late GIVE UPDATES

lanvandam
Nov 19, 2008, 10:01 PM
Name of Mission or update that you'd most like to see: JAPAN UPDATES NO EVENTS EVENTS WASTE TIME JUST GIVE US REGULAR UPDATES UNTIL WE CATCH UP TO JAPAN EVENTS CAN COME LATER u dont want people to just play 4 the event and quit u want them to play all the time

Why you want to see this update: I WANT MASTER CLASSES and to be able to hunt new items and have more players PEOPLE QUIT CUZ THE GAME HAS NOT CHANGED WE PAY MONTHLY FOR UPDATES AND CHANGES

Platform you play on: PC/PS2

How long you've been a subscriber: I been wit yall since dreamcast

i belileve yall should merge the servers on with the xbox 360 so that the people on ps2 can either move to PC or xbox360 since the ps2 is so slow i dont understand why this has not happen since Final Fantasy 11 plays PC/PS2/XBOX360/PS3 and PSU is a better game. i believe this would bring more people to the game because the popullation is tiny on PC/PS2 but not on 360

Uncle_bob
Nov 19, 2008, 10:11 PM
Purely hypothetical?

I'd like to see ownership of the game transfered to another company.

Kinako78
Nov 19, 2008, 10:28 PM
Keep PS2 support, cause not everyone can afford to upgrade to the next console or get a better PC, despite what you might think. I kind of agree with Tetsaru on the hard drive support issue, except for the fact that there's no hard drive for the slim PS2. So both of those ideas are flawed.

Cracka_J
Nov 19, 2008, 10:30 PM
whatever, I posted.
the hypothetical part makes me want to go throw up now.

pizzagirl
Nov 19, 2008, 10:46 PM
Sadly that topic was only made to herd all the 'where the f**k are our updates?' topics into one sticky topic.
Yeah...this. The hypothetical part just makes me think they're tired of locking update baw topics over there.

Googlebonker
Nov 19, 2008, 11:39 PM
Is my response one of the longest ones? ^^;
[spoiler-box]Since the opportunity has been presented, why not take part? :D

"Master Types", S3 Difficulty for Missions, Story Missions, "Lightning Carnival", "Mine of Illusion" (Parum Rare Mission), Parum GUARDIANS Boost Road, Character Level Cap increases

It would be nice to get ANY worthwhile update at this point, as delays have been provoking people to look to other sources for enjoyment.

Platforms you play on:
Non-Japanese PC/PS2 servers with both a PC and a PS2

Since non-JP PC/PS2 official day 2 in 2006

- It's my opinion (has been for a while) that PSU should have been released a la Final Fantasy XI, where users of all available versions are able to play with each other. Although it might never change, it's one of the fundamental mistakes regarding PSU.
- In line with the above comment, PSU should be more multilingual-friendly, making it easier for people who speak different languages to speak with each other and play together.
- Advertising for PSU could have been better, and future advertising might not hurt, especially considering the recent announcement of another PSU expansion.
- This game has been handled very poorly compared to online ventures from other companies, especially regarding situations in which XBox360 and non-Japanese PC/PS2 PSU server updates were incinuated due to the Japanese PC/PS2 PSU servers' updates and in other situations where XB360 and non-JP PC/PS2 updates were delayed.
- There seems to be a lack of communication and/or a lack of transferral methods of communication and/or computer files (updates) between SEGA of Japan and SEGA of America. The preceeding statement should possibly include SEGA of Europe as well. We live in a world that includes nearly instantaneous communication.
- Many people from the XB360 and non-JP PC/PS2 PSU community believe Japanese PC/PS2 users are being treated more respectfully and with a better-quality service.

Gameplay:
- Allowing PSU users the ability to move while the camera is in first-person mode could possibly attract new subscribers due to the popularity of first-person shooting games. It could also prove useful for users who capture screenshots and videos of PSU.
- Increasing Common Box capacity could ease the workload when transferring more than 32 of items between different characters on the same Account.
- Increasing the amount of items that can be Traded during one Trade process could decrease the workload when dealing with actual in-game transactions and transferring items between two Accounts belonging to the same user/users.
- GUARDIANS equipment (Goggles, etc.) takes up Inventory space. While this makes sense as far as in-game continuity, time, and space are concerned (Nanotransers), it can be annoying. Adding something like Final Fantasy XI's "Key Items" could be reasonable.
- "Online status" could be viewable as a symbol by the character's Name and not something one would need to scroll through overhead display options to view.
- A new Option could be added to the "System" portion of the Network Mode Menu that allows users to switch between Characters without Logging Out of the game (in the case of PS2 users, this also causes DNAS reverification).
- The PC version of PSU should be updated with the newer sound files included in the PS2 version of PSU.
- On the PC version of PSU, Photon Arts should cover the same distance no matter what the Frame Skip Option is set to (ex. Anga Jabroga).

- Blatant differences between the PS2 and PC versions of PSU should be minimized and/or elminated. This includes:
-- slower loading times for the PS2 version of PSU.
-- heavy animation-drag periods on the PS2 version of PSU (ex. White Beast S2 with 6 users). This difference can put PS2 users at a disadvantage during timed events (ex. Maximum Attack G Time Attack) compared to users with more than capable PCs.
-- shorter Photon Art travelling distances when compared to the PC version of PSU running with the Frame Skip Option set to 0 (ex. Anga Dugrega).

- The Partner Card system could be improved by:
-- allowing information for more than 200 Partner Cards to be stored for a single Account.
-- allowing, through an information box with pages, the names, Character Levels, and Type Levels of all of an Account's current Characters to be viewed.

- The "Search by condition" function for searching for Items in Player Shops could be improved by:
-- disallowing certain results when using "Set item name" (ex. disallowing Double Sabers and Twin Sabers to appear as results when the word "Saber" is used).
-- adding ways to search for specific Elemental Percentages or Elemental Percentage ranges while searching for Striking Weapons or TCSMs.
-- adding ways to search for Grind Level ranges. (ex. searching for Weapons with a 5/x - 7/x Grind Level)
-- adding ways to search for Grind Level Capacity and Grind Level Capacity ranges. (ex. x/10) (ex. x/8 - x/10).

While it hasn't always been handled correctly, you have a GREAT game at many of its foundational roots. One of the main reasons I play it is due to its accessibility. I don't have to play it for hours at a time to feel like I've accomplished something (Compare that to Final Fantasy XI, anyone? lol).[/spoiler-box]

Tetsaru
Nov 20, 2008, 01:10 AM
I see a lot of very meaningful posts, guys! Keep it up! =D

God, I sure hope whoever's running the game is reading these and takes a hint... >_<

Cathbar
Nov 20, 2008, 01:13 AM
Hey Googlebonker, mind if I just copy and paste what you said? I'm slightly lazy and haven't been in a position where I can keep up on current events, so my knowledge of what needs changing is kinda minimal.... <_<;;

ChaosAngel92
Nov 20, 2008, 01:46 AM
I don't want to sound negative guys.

But this is like one of those "signs" about the armagedon. What I mean?
Does anyone else think here this is the beggining of a serval post leading to the "close servers" one?

Cathbar
Nov 20, 2008, 02:02 AM
That did occur to me as well. My thoughts were on the lines of:

Them asking us what we want most, giving it to us, and then informing us that they would cease with new content updates, but keeping the server up, until finally shutting it down for good at a later date (Much like what happened with Monster Hunter 1 for the PS2, for those who are familiar with that game).

But as it was only a passing thought, I figured I should do what I could in hopes of PSU making a "come back" of sorts.

BFGfreak
Nov 20, 2008, 02:27 AM
My post
[spoiler-box]
Honestly, I would just like to see an active update scedule for the next few months filled with regular decent sized updates, and actually sticking to that schedule, that would show us that you guys arn't completly incompetent, and it would give us a better timetable than what we have now.

Oh, and actually advertise this game. nothing too elaborate, just some flash banner which you can put on various web site's ad spaces.
Name of update that you'd most like NOT to see
That blasted Tech graphics fix, I can wait for the permafix
Right now, unless you guys are compiling a mega update with 4 months of content, I simply do not see us catching up with Japan, so why bother, what matters now is getting the updates rolling again at a decent pace (holiday lobby does not equal an update) Anyway, from a company standpoint, having a schedule would put some pressure on you guys to get things done in a timely manner, and hopefully, when one update is applied, the next one is already getting the finishing touches to it

And about advertising: What are you, ashamed of your own game? Please, if you want more people, they have to know about this game for them to go and get it. If you do both of these simultaniously, you will get new subscribers, and you will keep them (especially if you advertise this as a casual game, which does not require much grinding)
Platform you play on: Xbox 360
How long you've been a subscriber: since August 2007
My personal opinion is that an MMO is a look inside what goes on when a company designs and creates a game due to the first hand look into how that company handles problems. In all honesty, given that all you have to do is just simply unlock content off a disk or import a level from Japan, and you can't seem to do that for the past what is it 8 months, what makes you think I'm going to buy a full game from you guys. Quite honestly, and this is my honest opinion, you are actually starting to make Electronic Arts look good.[/spoiler-box] Hopefuly, if this thread is truly what they say it is, maybe we can see a sort of resurgence in population. (and if this is a sign of the apocalypse for NA PSU, they can kiss their last little bit of income from me goodbye, as I'm not buying another sega game until they get their act together, this would include the next generation Phantasy Star MMO game.)

Powder Keg
Nov 20, 2008, 02:47 AM
Put my 2 cents in, FWIW. Kept it short and sweet. Pretty much the "This is what's going to keep people subscribed and make you money" approach.

Arada
Nov 20, 2008, 04:54 AM
Sega is going to give us a Steve Jobs' answer:

"I hear you but the anwser is NO !"

Seority
Nov 20, 2008, 06:11 AM
I see PSU as already dead, sadly.
I say let's just get a few good events before we put these servers to bed. It'd be to sad to just have it die w/o some last minute fun right?

Kazemi
Nov 20, 2008, 06:29 AM
if they actually cared enough to fix the mess on the game surely they would have stated why the updates have been delayed so much. its not like they wouldnt know what the player base wants either with all of the bawwww threads

Googlebonker
Nov 20, 2008, 07:20 AM
Hey Googlebonker, mind if I just copy and paste what you said? I'm slightly lazy and haven't been in a position where I can keep up on current events, so my knowledge of what needs changing is kinda minimal.... <_<;;

Cathbar, you could make a post in which you quote what I submitted and add some of your own information, thoughts, and/or suggestions. : D

Cracka_J
Nov 20, 2008, 08:46 AM
Just curious if you guys also saw this little doodad

Ruby Title Change (http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=92301)

Apparently he will still be working with some PSU, but has been given a wider aspect of games to work with now. While I'm sure that's great for him (*cough* job security *cough*), I'm not sure what that means for the future of PSU. Just sounds like another one abandoning the sinking ship to me.

Kion
Nov 20, 2008, 08:50 AM
+1 for googlebonker's post. cant think of much else.

responce to earlier post: slim ps2 has usb slot for external hdd. (as does fat-ass ps2)

also sendai isn't far from tokyo, next time i'm in town should i swing by soj?

Kinako78
Nov 20, 2008, 10:18 AM
responce to earlier post: slim ps2 has usb slot for external hdd. (as does fat-ass ps2)

also sendai isn't far from tokyo, next time i'm in town should i swing by soj?

Oh, really? I was told otherwise. Guess I can't believe anything Rex says anymore. -_-
Well, that being the case, I'm all for hdd support for PSU, then.

As for the trip to SoJ, go for it. They need to realize we're part of their customer base, too.

unicorn
Nov 20, 2008, 01:15 PM
I find it hard to believe they're going to listen to any kind suggestion we make. They haven't for the past 2 years. If you look at SoA's history with their PSO series, you'll notice that they never had good customer support, so its no different here.

I would loooove to to send some suggestions, but I'd just be wasting time typing it all if they're not going to take it into consideration.

SStrikerR
Nov 20, 2008, 01:35 PM
So basically if they drop PS2 support, I'd have to shell out a few hundred for a decent computer to even PLAY this game? Yeah, even if I was dying to play it, forget that.

edit: And no ps3 either, I actually decided to get a 360. *shoots self*

Golto
Nov 20, 2008, 01:42 PM
They wouldn't cut out ps2 support as that's the more used version for the JPNs. You'll have to wait for the next PS related online game to 'get rid of' ps2. 360ers need to realize the truth that it is the 360 version and microsoft certifaction that holds us back not ps2. The so called mission carnival bugs is on the 360 side lol.

SStrikerR
Nov 20, 2008, 01:43 PM
Yeah but from a business standpoint there are less ps2 players on the NA/EU side right? They can afford to get rid of us. :wacko:

Meta77
Nov 20, 2008, 02:13 PM
- Drop support for PS2, and release the next expansion for PS3. PS2 is a significantly weaker console, and is only holding the game back. If not possible, allow for hard drive support.
seriously doubt this will happen in america. As the ps3 will do no more for the game than they did for the ps2. The xbox still outsells the ps3 in america and sega will not bring new game to ps3 since more money could be made ps2 wise. While the game will also continue on the xbox360.

Cathbar
Nov 20, 2008, 02:21 PM
Thanks Google! I'll see if I can think of anything else to add to your list and then send the combined results their way.

Here's hoping something comes from this.

ErtaiClou
Nov 20, 2008, 04:04 PM
I can't see an event being released until into next year anyway, but at this point I don't think it matters. If Sega wanted to see who was left they could do an event, the fact that people are still paying and not playing should speak volumes. New missions are long overdue, event connected or not. That's where the steady stream is at for the casual players, and should be their biggest concern for now. I didn't see the vote thread, but I honestly can't believe the PLAYERS picked Hive #3 for a mission spotlight.

Celi-Ka
Nov 20, 2008, 04:05 PM
This topic compelled me to register on the official forums. It's probably going to be my only post on that forum ever, but I felt that I should throw my opinion out there.

Rambo!
Nov 20, 2008, 04:11 PM
Well the best way to stop

UPDATE BAWWW topics is to

UPDATE THE GOD DAMN GAME

ChaosAngel92
Nov 20, 2008, 04:47 PM
Just curious if you guys also saw this little doodad

Ruby Title Change (http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=92301)

Apparently he will still be working with some PSU, but has been given a wider aspect of games to work with now. While I'm sure that's great for him (*cough* job security *cough*), I'm not sure what that means for the future of PSU. Just sounds like another one abandoning the sinking ship to me.

I'm laughing my ass out with this notice.
Everyone is jumping from the titanic. "Woman and Children first"
What a circus people, what a circus.

thebummers
Nov 20, 2008, 05:50 PM
Yeah the fanboi response to the Update Feedback thread is beyond bizarre. Here is what they are really saying:

1) After Bladed Legacy, they had absolutely zero content update plans for the US players in mind. Which is scary when you think about it. We were wondering what we were going to get that particular week. While they were wondering if they were going to add anything next year.

2) There will still be no updates for weeks to months to come as they compile info. Just try to imagine the size of this player base after even more time goes by. Tumbleweeds will roll in Moatoob.

3) They are already setting the groundwork to inform US players that we will not be getting some (or much) of the content on Japanese servers that we have read about and desired. All those cool things you heard Japan got? Odds are getting way better you will never see it. Weren't you paying each month because you thought you would someday see it? Ouch.

4) After the New Year, they will give us some form of content they hear the most whining about. Realize this will be after two months of ZIPPO. There is no guarantee how much content it will be, when it will come, if it will even work right, or even if that will be tha last update to this game we ever see.

5) They are obviously trying to slow the tide of customer service complaints and negative message board attacks. Can't have too much bad PR. That could affect their chance to sell copies of PS ZERO!

This is a gaming company preparing for the big kiss-off. Anyone who thinks this shows promise or a real turnaround for this game is fundamentally deluded. Segac just wants to plant a kiss on your cheek before they kick you in the rear and out the door.

Para
Nov 20, 2008, 06:21 PM
Imo... if ever want to see the level of support that the JP get, is if sega groups us with the JP and releases JP and eng updates simultaneously and have us play on the same server. Any split will definitely ruin us in the long term.

Gunslinger-08
Nov 20, 2008, 07:54 PM
I don't want to sound negative guys.

But this is like one of those "signs" about the armagedon. What I mean?
Does anyone else think here this is the beggining of a serval post leading to the "close servers" one?

Then none of this really matters, does it?

That could be the case, but until they spell it out for me, I'm not going to waste time bawwing or preaching the end of days for PSU.

Sega might be ready to let this game sink, but I'd rather spend my time trying to plug the hole in the ship's side than bailing on it.

BahnKnakyu
Nov 21, 2008, 02:08 AM
I just want someone above Clumsy to tell us why there's delayed updates. Not enough SoA staff? SoJ isn't concerned about the US/EU community? Why are there longer and longer delays between the updates?

If a Big Cheese could explain it to us, and/or at least tell us they're trying but the JP mofos are refusing to authorize updates, I'd be much more relieved...

Crawdad
Nov 21, 2008, 04:07 AM
Yeah the fanboi response to the Update Feedback thread is beyond bizarre. Here is what they are really saying:

1) After Bladed Legacy, they had absolutely zero content update plans for the US players in mind. Which is scary when you think about it. We were wondering what we were going to get that particular week. While they were wondering if they were going to add anything next year.

2) There will still be no updates for weeks to months to come as they compile info. Just try to imagine the size of this player base after even more time goes by. Tumbleweeds will roll in Moatoob.

3) They are already setting the groundwork to inform US players that we will not be getting some (or much) of the content on Japanese servers that we have read about and desired. All those cool things you heard Japan got? Odds are getting way better you will never see it. Weren't you paying each month because you thought you would someday see it? Ouch.

4) After the New Year, they will give us some form of content they hear the most whining about. Realize this will be after two months of ZIPPO. There is no guarantee how much content it will be, when it will come, if it will even work right, or even if that will be tha last update to this game we ever see.

5) They are obviously trying to slow the tide of customer service complaints and negative message board attacks. Can't have too much bad PR. That could affect their chance to sell copies of PS ZERO!

This is a gaming company preparing for the big kiss-off. Anyone who thinks this shows promise or a real turnaround for this game is fundamentally deluded. Segac just wants to plant a kiss on your cheek before they kick you in the rear and out the door.

Sadly this actually makes a shit load of sense. Think about it. They effed themselves in the "A" and rather than fixing it and planning a big ass comeback, they're doing a big Market Research Survey so they know what NOT to do in PS Zero and PSPortable, and send PSU Packing.

I feel stupid for being so optimistic but liberated with pessimism. That's really effed.

Ryock
Nov 21, 2008, 04:52 AM
I just want someone above Clumsy to tell us why there's delayed updates. Not enough SoA staff? SoJ isn't concerned about the US/EU community? Why are there longer and longer delays between the updates?

If a Big Cheese could explain it to us, and/or at least tell us they're trying but the JP mofos are refusing to authorize updates, I'd be much more relieved...

Here's the thing. Hypothetically speaking of course(lol), if they ARE preparing us for the servers to go down, they're not going to tell us until around the same time they did with PSO. They want us to continue to pay them through subscriptions, and get as much out of this as they can. If they told us tomorrow that one last update is coming, and then after that, they're shutting the servers down, say... three months from now, then I promise you, at least half the population is going to cancel their subscription, and thus they'll lose more money. The other half will just stick around to taste the update, reminisce on memories, and then the game will die, possibly causing maybe a quarter of the population to move to the JP servers if they're desperate enough.

I'm trying to stay optimistic about this, but this smells a lot like how they were speaking with PSOBB and such. That post alone has enough power to knock my subscription to the curb just to be safe. But I put my two cents in, anyways, and my subscription remains intact... for now =x

BahnKnakyu
Nov 21, 2008, 12:10 PM
I don't think they're preparing us for anything, I just want to know why there's delays. I think if the community was given an explanation it would reduce the amount of baaawing by everyone (including me). People just don't like being kept in the dark about stuff. I don't need them to tell us they're shutting down the servers in a few months, I just want them to tell us what the hell is going on with the Robotech Masters (i.e. the scary bossguys) in Japan to be causing these delays. I think that would go a long way with smoothing out community relations between a cynical community and SoA.

Kylie
Nov 21, 2008, 04:09 PM
Well, I posted. I don't know how much good it'll do, but I'm hoping for the best.

ChaosAngel92
Nov 21, 2008, 06:18 PM
Here's the thing. Hypothetically speaking of course(lol), if they ARE preparing us for the servers to go down, they're not going to tell us until around the same time they did with PSO. They want us to continue to pay them through subscriptions, and get as much out of this as they can. If they told us tomorrow that one last update is coming, and then after that, they're shutting the servers down, say... three months from now, then I promise you, at least half the population is going to cancel their subscription, and thus they'll lose more money. The other half will just stick around to taste the update, reminisce on memories, and then the game will die, possibly causing maybe a quarter of the population to move to the JP servers if they're desperate enough.

I'm trying to stay optimistic about this, but this smells a lot like how they were speaking with PSOBB and such. That post alone has enough power to knock my subscription to the curb just to be safe. But I put my two cents in, anyways, and my subscription remains intact... for now =x

So there was also a post of "What you guys wish to see?" with PSO BB? I remeber quitting before the servers shut down.

Ryock
Nov 21, 2008, 06:46 PM
So there was also a post of "What you guys wish to see?" with PSO BB? I remeber quitting before the servers shut down.

If there was, I didn't see it. But the team talked in that kind of reassuring uneasy way, like how they're speaking right now before the servers were announced that they'd be shutting down, so it makes things a bit uncomfortable. I quit before they shut down the servers as well, since I had ran to Ragnarok Online at that point due to the lack of updates and grew uninterested.

Kylie
Nov 21, 2008, 06:56 PM
If there was, I didn't see it. But the team talked in that kind of reassuring uneasy way, like how they're speaking right now before the servers were announced that they'd be shutting down, so it makes things a bit uncomfortable. I quit before they shut down the servers as well, since I had ran to Ragnarok Online at that point due to the lack of updates and grew uninterested.
I wouldn't worry about it too much. One other time is hardly enough to determine a trend, and if it happens, it happens. :/

unicorn
Nov 21, 2008, 11:43 PM
I wouldn't worry about it too much. One other time is hardly enough to determine a trend, and if it happens, it happens. :/

PSO-GC and Xbox ended this way too.

Kylie
Nov 22, 2008, 12:16 AM
Really? Weren't those closed after all the content was available though? I ask because I have no idea...

Kazemi
Nov 22, 2008, 06:56 AM
game cube version died peacefully on both sides since they were in sync. xbox version got stuck in the christmas from hell before they finally killed it. only game cube version ever saw equal treatment.

Chuck_Norris
Nov 22, 2008, 12:53 PM
If sega does kill PSU of like that, I can gladly say they've lost me as a customer for life. :disapprove:

ChaosAngel92
Nov 22, 2008, 03:30 PM
If sega does kill PSU of like that, I can gladly say they've lost me as a customer for life. :disapprove:

Even with PSP? Come on chuck, don't get sad. When you have the chance to try PSP you will die from not sleeping. That game is awesome, and at least for me is better than PSU.

I say PSP has more future than the current PSU in North America and Europe servers.

Shinko
Nov 22, 2008, 04:27 PM
Man this is f***ing sad. When a game get so desperate to live that they have to ask questions like this. Sega is just sad man. everything they make now is trash.

Man it's just a few things they can do to improve the game but they don't do it. Also the fact with the so many f*** up on there side. The only reason psu life is because of its hardcore fans. You'll never see nintendo asking what can we do to make a Zelda or Mario game better. Ha! And to think sega used to be there rivals

Raveno
Nov 22, 2008, 04:30 PM
sadly they got me for life, unless a better action mmo/online rpg comes along

pso/psu just cuts the cake

BFGfreak
Nov 22, 2008, 07:07 PM
sadly they got me for life, unless a better action mmo/online rpg comes along

pso/psu just cuts the cakeYeah, the game itself is great, it's like what 100+ other people said before, it's sega. Now maybe, if the next version was outsourced to an american company (this is coming from someone who holds absolutly no racial qualms about games or anything really) I MAY consider getting it, if I'm sure that it will not be plauged by the problems affecting this game. That said, what is going on really is shaking my already very little faith in sega at the foundation. I still view this game as slavegable, and all they really have to do is regular, constant, consistant udpates and advertise this game, give it 6 months, and most of this would be all but a bad memory

buzyb77
Nov 22, 2008, 11:09 PM
Last few times I posted what my views on PSU and what would happen during the Late fall to winter Months the Official Forums Banned My IP to even Read what was being said....

Lame... Just don't let me to post damn NooB RubyEclipse....

Btw 1 month and counting as they still have not sent me an e-mail to notify nor have do they let me access my account there to read whatever was said to me...

again....

but anyway at this time I just want my last 60 points on that game..then i can call the game baked and fried.

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Nov 24, 2008, 02:46 AM
>_> Why hasn't THIS been posted up on PSOW's homepage?
This is MUCH more important that a Mission Spotlight, IMO.
Anyway, I posted, MAYBE things will get better from here.
Like Raveno said.
"I'm pretty much stuck with it."

Aumi
Nov 24, 2008, 03:53 AM
Just posted. Pretty much wanted everything Tetsaru wanted, with a few additions. Thanks Tetsaru, this way I didn't have to write so much. :wacko:

And yeah, this is MUCH more important than that damn mission spotlight. I don't care about that anyway.

Ithildin
Nov 24, 2008, 05:14 AM
Just put my eggs in. I really hope someone out there listens, I'm quite positive about it tho. :)

Tetsaru
Nov 24, 2008, 02:41 PM
Just posted. Pretty much wanted everything Tetsaru wanted, with a few additions. Thanks Tetsaru, this way I didn't have to write so much. :wacko:

And yeah, this is MUCH more important than that damn mission spotlight. I don't care about that anyway.

No problem! =P

Ironically, my subscription ran out on its own, so I doubt I'll be getting back on until Segac pulls their heads out of their asses. I may have to give into my friends wanting me to play FFXI after all, lol...

EspioKaos
Nov 24, 2008, 02:53 PM
>_> Why hasn't THIS been posted up on PSOW's homepage?
This is MUCH more important that a Mission Spotlight, IMO.
Fixed. Sorry; I meant to post that up there before, but I've been so bleh with the game recently, I haven't felt like doing too much dealing with it lately. <_<;

Rayokarna
Nov 24, 2008, 03:22 PM
Fixed. Sorry; I meant to post that up there before, but I've been so bleh with the game recently, I haven't felt like doing too much dealing with it lately. <_<;

LOL This is how you know we have run out of hope!

*Runs around like a mad man in a circle*

steely
Nov 24, 2008, 04:03 PM
:/ i think its there to make us feel like we have voice in it

Marron_Shido
Nov 24, 2008, 04:59 PM
No problem! =P

Ironically, my subscription ran out on its own, so I doubt I'll be getting back on until Segac pulls their heads out of their asses. I may have to give into my friends wanting me to play FFXI after all, lol...

Hehhe, I might be doing the same Tets, my friends just got me the complete FFXI set for my B-day, so I can finally try it out. :D

hunterseifer
Nov 24, 2008, 09:19 PM
Ok, I posted on that thread, hope somethin happens now "one month later" no updates again, omg wtf lol:etongue:

Kion
Nov 25, 2008, 10:13 AM
Forget updates. Considdering Sega`s track record, i wouldn`t be surprised if it took them several months just to reply to the thread they created.

SuperRygar
Nov 25, 2008, 07:17 PM
I only read the first page of posts, but seriously? cut out ps2? how is that going to help anything. for some of us that's the only option to play the game at all. that's not having your voice heard, that's making demands like some kind of fascist. the game is already made and ps2 users play it online with everyone else. making another expansion and not including ps2 doesnt make any sense at all. grrrr, respect ps2. we dont stop making new medicenes available to seniors just cuz their old and outdated

i agree that Sega isnt doing the best job, but if they listen to the ppl posting on the forum the game will just end up even worse because of narrowminded thinking

Kylie
Nov 25, 2008, 10:18 PM
Here's what I had to say if anyone cares. :-P
[spoiler-box]Platform you play on: PC / PS2
How long you've been a subscriber: November 30th, 2006
General Feedback: You might have noticed that I ignored the other areas, and that's because it really doesn't matter what content you give us anymore. What matters is that you get us caught up to JP ASAP. I believe most of the population is gone and has been gone since before the expansion, but what you need to focus on is keeping the remainder. For instance, I want to stay until the final cap is reached, but I have to be realistic that that might be too far off for me. As cliche as it is, I'm not getting any younger. I really miss playing the game (I'm unsubscribed). I know I could just subscribe again, but let me clarify what I miss about the game--I miss having people I know to play with. It hurts me to see how fast the interest in the game is falling amongst friends, and how many people are leaving for good.

So I'm not going to be picky. ANYTHING that will get people to return will satisfy me.[/spoiler-box]To be honest, I'm not sure if I'll return at all now. I really wasn't expecting November to be completely dry, and I'm so let down by how few people are actually still playing. Seriously, 80% of people I talk to have either canceled or are pending cancellation. I don't think this is like the other dry spells either. I'm starting to doubt that people will return once there's a new level cap or whatever, and that's a scary thing. I'm going to give it until 2009 (possibly longer if the right people subscribe again), but it's going to be hard to pull me away from the PS3 games I want to get after that.

Kion
Nov 26, 2008, 12:16 AM
I still think there should be no more updates. People were expecting a complete game, not playing monthly for imited access to content already on the disk. Release all missions, final level cap and then keep players interested month to month with lobbies, events, special drops and system changes. And possibly exspansions if they actually continue the story.

Sidney
Nov 26, 2008, 12:28 AM
This game is dead; I really don't think they have anything else up their sleeves. I think it's just to give the semblance that they care. I'm quitting a few weeks from now, when my license finally expires. Not that I can play much anyway... my disc is getting old and I freeze at every boss, as well as when I receive MP. Luckily, my malfunctioning disc helped me to decide to quit for good. (I'm not buying another AOTI disc! This game only has a month or two left in it anyway.)

I'm not usually the pessimistic type, but I really don't have much hope for PSU. :(

DreXxiN
Nov 26, 2008, 01:10 AM
I only read the first page of posts, but seriously? cut out ps2? how is that going to help anything. for some of us that's the only option to play the game at all. that's not having your voice heard, that's making demands like some kind of fascist. the game is already made and ps2 users play it online with everyone else. making another expansion and not including ps2 doesnt make any sense at all. grrrr, respect ps2. we dont stop making new medicenes available to seniors just cuz their old and outdated

i agree that Sega isnt doing the best job, but if they listen to the ppl posting on the forum the game will just end up even worse because of narrowminded thinking

Did you just compare SENIOR CITIZENS to OLD GAME SYSTEM MODELS?

SuperRygar
Nov 26, 2008, 03:16 PM
Did you just compare SENIOR CITIZENS to OLD GAME SYSTEM MODELS?

I certainly did. My ps2 may be dangerous behind the wheel, but dammit I deserve to play this game as much anybody else.

some might say, just upgrade....sorry, im not like every other mindless tool and go buy the latest invention just because everyone else is. i got bills to pay

Kylie
Nov 26, 2008, 03:58 PM
I'm not buying another AOTI disc!The PS2 version is hard to find anyway, and if you do find it, it's priced higher than it was at release...

Sorry to see you go, by the way.

Sinue_v2
Nov 27, 2008, 03:52 AM
For some reason this reminded me of that old Valentines Day protest Agent D had, except with a GM hosting and a realistic "this is just a waste of time" preface. The Valentines Day Massacre I like to call it. I wonder if his 10,000 emails got stuck in the inter-tubes and only just now reached Sega, prompting this response? Success! The petition worked! Better late than never, right guys? Guys? (*echoes through the empty servers*)

I'm almost sorry I made him cry.

Ahhhh... fun times.'

Tyrulz
Nov 27, 2008, 10:24 AM
hmmm so now how long do we wait for them to be happy with the amount of negative feedback?

Aumi
Nov 27, 2008, 10:31 AM
I certainly did. My ps2 may be dangerous behind the wheel, but dammit I deserve to play this game as much anybody else.

some might say, just upgrade....sorry, im not like every other mindless tool and go buy the latest invention just because everyone else is. i got bills to pay

If you like games, I'd most definitely urge you to get a PS3 instead of being stuck with that old, outdated PS2. The PS3 has a lot of nice games (Devil May Cry 4, Metal Gear Solid 4, LittleBigPlanet, Fallout 3, Resistance 2, Bioshock and many more, not to forget coming games like Killzone 2, God of War 3, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Resident Evil 5 and so on), so why not? And remember that you get one of the best and cheapest blu-ray players out there! xD

And I'm not a mindless tool either. I just find it to be the best of the consoles (although I also have a Wii, but it only has so few decent games...) and I like it's games/exclusives.

HyperShot-X-
Nov 27, 2008, 01:45 PM
Even wiser would be to jump in to Xbox 360 PSU considering current server population and no certainty on the lifespan and new expansion support for ps2(outside JP at least) or even server merger ever, if you can just manage to start over from scratch.

Xbox 360 got it's own share of top exclusive games like Halo3, Gear of War 2, Ninja Gaiden 2,Oblivion,Forza 2..(list goes on) on top of all the major multiplatform releases, recently it was even outselling PS3 in Japan w/ the release of great RPG games exclusive and the upcoming SquareEnix FF game & others.
And with the New Xbox Experience(NXE) you can stream Netflix movies if you don't feel like throwing away your money at blue ray disc that costs what like over 30 bucks per disc? that's just way too much even for myself who used to work full time.

So i honestly think it's best to go w/ the flow of mainstream unless you can afford to wait til March 09' for PSP PSU or PS Zero on DS if that even interests you at all.

Btw, my suggestion for this topic name would be 'Official Update feedback Top wish list' to get more attention from casual forum surfers.

SuperRygar
Nov 27, 2008, 05:26 PM
CONSOLE FIGHT!!!!

haha well, its all really a matter of personal taste. ps3, 360, or wii..... im getting a Wii. and i have next to no interest in getting any other console. its just personal opinion, and i won't be persuaded. that doesnt mean i wont play those systems. my roommate has a 360 and i play it all the time(not online) which, btw, I WOULD NOT start over on a different server. i own a car and i pay for insurance and rent and bills, 800$/mon~ i just dont have the money to buy the 600$ xbox or ps3 version (that includes price of console, game,and anything else)
***plz dont go off on how xbox version isnt that expensive >.> hahah im not interested

that aside, what was this topic about again? ...checks.... oh yes. one thought i have is that there should be equipment that CANNOT be bought or traded. you have to earn them. it would make a rare, a rare again. and a persons gear doesnt just reflect their ability to earn meseta by just farming the easy'est weapon that ppl buy for rediculus amounts.

but then again, i dont blame sega for making a lack luster game. i blame 90% of the community that has no sense of pride in the items they aquire. the whole purpose of the game is to fight in missions over and over to level up and find items/equipment. people buy the game, go online, put their lives on hold to spam a mission for 18 hours just be the first one to say "i got to the level cap first, losers" amusing. then, they have a bunch of items and decide to sell them for as much as they can get. like carnival folk. so then they have 78 mil meseta. and they go and buy every single weapon and armor in the game. all the stuff other people farmed a mission for 18 hours to get. AN DENNNN they complain that there's nothing left to do in the game. massively assuming. following all this we have to hear them scream at each other in the forums.

so, my point really, is that there is a really good game here, that has ALOT of things to offer. but you have to willing to pace yourself and live by a code. try playing the game using only the things you've found and made yourself. we're all so used to just buying the best gear possible to get to the end. well this game has no end, its not about beating the game its about the journey. so, instead of skipping the journey.....play the game right and you will have nothing to complain about.

Edit: woot, 600th post ^.^ btw, this isn't directed towards anybody at all. its simply me venting, this would be what id right on that thread mentioned in the OP. if someone wants to post this, that'd be cool :P cuz i wont do it. so yeah, plz no flames.

Tetsaru
Dec 2, 2008, 05:51 AM
Bump... posted another reply, if anyone's interested:

[spoiler-box]

Clumsyorchid wrote:
I've gone through and scrubbed the thread of some responses. Apologies to those postings that were deleted, but I feel I need to make this point more clear.

We're looking to hear what updates you want to see that have already come out on the Japanese version of the game, not what updates you'd like to see if you could have anything at all. If you want to post game feedback, head to the Suggestion Forum, not in this thread.

Thank you.

MY RESPONSE:

Umm... I'm pretty sure most of us want ALL OF WHAT JAPAN HAS, so that we're all on the same page. =/ How difficult is that to understand and implement, especially when the data is already there?? Heck, maybe Segac should make their Japanese playerbase wait for months on end like we've been doing, so we can get caught up with the numerous events we've missed. Of course, if all the servers were merged in the first place, then this wouldn't be a problem, now would it??

There's absolutely no need for us to be held back as far as we have. Sure, I understand translation issues and what not, but even so, they're doing poorly with that too: Agito Repca, Nel's Soul, numerous words like "pork" that shouldn't be censored... want me to go on?

I don't know what the heck is going on down at Segac Headquarters, either Japan or America, but we're all sick and tired of them not telling us anything about what's going on. Do they not have any pride in their work anymore?? I thought most Japanese people had more honor than that... guess I was wrong. =/

If money's the problem, then advertise, do some sort of fundraising, manage your budget better, sell lemonade in your front yard, do SOMETHING, because Segac sure isn't gonna get it from their seething-mad fans at this point in time. If even this isn't possible, then I suggest you just shut the damned game down once and for all, so we can all just move on with our lives and play those little handheld Phantasy Star titles or those random Sonic games you guys seem to be churning out so quickly, or maybe a GOOD game that's out now - I could name several, and they sure weren't made by Segac. I'm sure some hacker worth his salt would be able to host their own private servers of this game for free, and actually be able to make it much more successful than Segac's entire current staff had...

Please, for the love of God, let's fix these re-occurring problems for GOOD, and make this game enjoyable for everyone, like it damned well should be. I'm sick of waiting, everyone who posted in this thread is sick of waiting - we want results. NOW. NOT another week of BS maintenance or no maintenance, NOT "oh, we had to move the servers again," just unlock the game's content, plain and simple.

As Laia would say: GET IT TOGETHER!

[/spoiler-box]

I'll be damned if my posts get removed... a troubled company should not shun the opinions of its customers. =/

Exploited
Dec 2, 2008, 08:50 AM
wow, I can't believe Sega pays Clumsyorchid money just to feed us bullshit.

The title of the thread says Feedback, why the heck is he distorting things now and deciding what people should post?

Powder Keg
Dec 2, 2008, 09:34 AM
Bullshit or not, it's about what content updates we'd like to see, not changes to the game that will never happen.

Exploited
Dec 2, 2008, 09:41 AM
Well he does state in bold - General Feedback (any other notes you'd like to add):

and ive seen MOD's numerous times lock threads and tell people to post in this thread.

My post was never deleted or modified and I flat out stated my .2 cents.

pizzagirl
Dec 2, 2008, 12:20 PM
Looks like your latest post had too much truth to it Tetsaru. It's gone already. :(

WHlTEKNIGHT
Dec 2, 2008, 02:34 PM

The title of the thread says Feedback, why the heck is he distorting things now and deciding what people should post?
To feed customers bullshit is one of the main parts of a customer relations type job

Aries2384
Dec 2, 2008, 02:39 PM
You guys never thought anything good would come of ST's public relation thread...did you? It would've done them some good if they follow through or even... <gasp> gave a shit about their customer base. But they don't. So.. nothing will change.

Tetsaru
Dec 2, 2008, 06:58 PM
Looks like your latest post had too much truth to it Tetsaru. It's gone already. :(

Oh HELL NO, I'm reposting then... gimme a minute...

Gunslinger-08
Dec 2, 2008, 07:04 PM
Oh HELL NO, I'm reposting then... gimme a minute...

Well, when I read what you said you posted, it did sound awfully rant-y, and to be honest, I'd bet that SoJ would just as eagerly tune it out when it came to them. You attract more flies with honey than vinegar. And yeah, yeah, you DO have a right to be all upset, blah blah blah. I'm just saying.

Rayokarna
Dec 2, 2008, 07:27 PM

Best reply ever.

Bullshit or not, it's about what content updates we'd like to see, not changes to the game that will never happen.

The random bawwing about the minor things used to have meaning and was actually funny but now most of the stuff you nippicking and satifying yourself with is become lame, dry and some what stupid. You can baww and kick and scream all you want like a 6 year old that just lost his toy but just remember that the people you are crying to have no power of the outcome of this issue. They are fighting for the same issues as you are but most of you have your head shoved too far up your own ass to notice.

The topic clearly mentions its about what updates you wish to see that Japan has and not things that can be changed to the game itself (Reason I quoted Artea's post since he actually took the time to read and understand). So if you want to cry about how much bullshit Sega wants to shit out of its pipe hole, then cancel your account and come back in the next 4 months and hope something has changed unless PSU is actually everything to do with you life then I have no advice for you what so ever.

Oh my god the angst in my own post.

Tetsaru
Dec 2, 2008, 07:37 PM
My new post:

[spoiler-box]

Since you deleted my previous post, since obviously you guys can't handle the truth, I'll try to make this short and sweet:

Um, isn't it obvious? I'm pretty sure we want EVERYTHING Japan has at this point. There's absolutely NO REASON why we should be this far behind them in terms of content.

Now then, you can delete my posts and everyone else's until you ban us, but that won't solve the problems of this game, now will it? I'm not trying to be rude or garner attention, I'm trying to voice my opinion, just like my American Constitutional rights allow me to do, and I'm terribly sorry if Japan doesn't have that luxury - so sue me. You started a thread about what updates we want to see, and that's just what you're getting.

Don't shun the opinions of the playerbase, Clumsyorchid. Deleting our posts won't help the state of this game, and you know it. This might be our only opportunity to (hopefully) tell to Segac's face that we're sick and tired of how they continue to manage this wonderful game.

Now PLEASE... listen to us, and let's fix things! We ARE ultimately the ones paying you guys, after all - we can stop doing so whenever we want, as many have already. =/

[/spoiler-box]

Look guys, like I said in my above post, if you even bothered to read it, I'm not trying to make a scene or anything, I'm trying to voice my opinion. And I know damned good and well that a vast majority of the people on this forum, the official forum, and the NA/EU playerbase of PSU in general want the same things that I do - to get caught up with Japan so that we're all on the same page, even if we can't merge the servers.

How the fuck do you guys think anything's going to get fixed unless you criticize the ones responsible for the mess in the first place!? This is getting more and more ridiculous, and I'm utterly SICK of it - so I'm trying to do something about it! Hell, if I was able to go straight to wherever Segac's lousy crew is and beat some sense into em, I'd probably do that too!

I can't do this alone... If you guys really, TRULY enjoy this game, and want to make it as good as it can be, then you HAVE to band together and voice your opinions about it!

Omega_Weltall
Dec 2, 2008, 07:52 PM
if this is how Sega treats is NA/EU audience then i say fuck em. I'm just waiting for a private server to pop up. Probably get better service too.

Tetsaru
Dec 2, 2008, 08:12 PM
LOL, just saw this posted in another thread:

http://www.phantasystaruniverse.com/community_quests.php?item=20081202a

Now, if they just keep this up on a regular basis, without screwing up anything, then I will be pleased. :3

Dhylec
Dec 2, 2008, 08:54 PM
I guess the rants, requests & wishes did something, so the big catch-up update is to appease the general audience. ;]

Omega_Weltall
Dec 2, 2008, 10:34 PM
if these updates continue in a timely manner than I'll retract my previous statement

Exploited
Dec 3, 2008, 12:16 AM
Let's just hope that during this whole "month" while GBR is going on that Sega is working towards our next update, rather then doing absolutely nothing and having to wait 2 more months for another big update.

Pika
Dec 3, 2008, 02:34 AM
finally something new...even i was starting to lose hope.....whens this take place? this weeks update? or is it on now o.O?

Sinue_v2
Dec 4, 2008, 02:20 AM
You attract more flies with honey than vinegar.

Actually, you can attract far more flies with shit and rotting carcasses than with either Honey or Vinegar.

I'm not trying to be rude or garner attention, I'm trying to voice my opinion, just like my American Constitutional rights allow me to do, and I'm terribly sorry if Japan doesn't have that luxury - so sue me

Actually, no... you don't have a right to free speech there. Or here for that matter. It makes no difference your nationality or your government's constitutionally guaranteed rights. That message board is private property, and as such, Sega can dictate what is said or expressed on THEIR forums. Just like if someone comes into your house and starts ranting about an offensive topic to you, you have the right to tell them to shut the fuck up or leave. It may be extremely telling of their policy and lack of customer care if they do just go around and deleting valid posts because they don't like what they say, but it is their right as a property owner.

That we're granted as much freedom of expression here on PSOw as we are is only because the site owner allows it. Not to suggest that those who own and operate PSOw or even the PSU forums are monsters who only allow you freedom of expression by some fluke of a philanthropic whim, but merely that you don't have the "Right" to free speech on private property. I think it reflects somewhat negatively on Americans in general when we feel we can throw our rights around as if they are some divine providence to do and say what we want, when we want, wherever we want, even when those rights do not apply to the situation at hand.