PDA

View Full Version : An old new video?

Gemel
Nov 20, 2008, 06:28 AM
I'm not sure if this video's been posted before but some of the stuff in it looks like stuff that we haven't really seen before like towards the end they show a kind of bestiary option. It also shows that when you dance it looks exactly like the way you do in PSU, and the double saber, unarmed, twin dagger, spear PA and a Jabroga look alike attack with what looks like is a sword toward the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmdsSvhb6zk

Sorry if this is old news to you guys.

Aumi
Nov 20, 2008, 07:40 AM
No, don't think we've seen this one yet. Damn nice find! This made me EVEN more excited! Thanks a lot!

Ail
Nov 20, 2008, 07:50 AM
yea, is new for me, thx for posting. i'm a lot more hyped now! °-°!!

Aumi
Nov 20, 2008, 11:25 AM
Hmm, the vid seems to be from the 'Games Japan Festa' in Osaka.

DeathMachine
Nov 20, 2008, 11:32 AM
Wow. Thanks. See what you've done!? Now we're even more eager to get a hold of this game! I hope you're proud of yourself. :D

Dragwind
Nov 20, 2008, 02:11 PM
Well well, this video was new to me. I've enjoyed this one more than most of the others we have seen. (sorry, not a fan of the intro theme for the game.)

What I'm starting to feel, contrary to popular belief, is this game seems more and more to be PSU influenced over PSO in terms of gameplay. Especially after seeing some very similar animations (doublesaber, majarra, PAs) it looks like some things were directly borrowed.

Another thing that really caught my eyes in the video was the firing of what seemed to be a pistol or some other firearm. The character actually shot the weapon with what appeared to be "style," whether functional or not. I think gunning classes have always wanted something like this since PSO, including myself.

Also, more rolling action is always good :wacko:

Risingsun
Nov 20, 2008, 03:12 PM
That video was fantastic. I hope one of the big game media sites posts a high quality version of it, like Gametrailers.

Aumi
Nov 20, 2008, 03:41 PM
You can set the YouTube video to high quality.

P.S.: How do you post videos on the forum like that?

Gemel
Nov 20, 2008, 04:16 PM

I just copied the url and posted it in but I check now and it has url tags around the link.

Risingsun
Nov 20, 2008, 04:52 PM

What i meant was that i want to download the video from a site like Gametrailers.

Niered
Nov 20, 2008, 05:52 PM
Are all the photon blasts this time transformative? thats the only kind weve seen so far.

DeathMachine
Nov 20, 2008, 06:53 PM
It appears that everyone's a Beast in these trailers :P . I guess the reason for having that type of PB is so that the gameplay doesn't have to stop every time someone fills the PB Gauge.

Niered
Nov 20, 2008, 08:23 PM
It appears that everyone's a Beast in these trailers :P . I guess the reason for having that type of PB is so that the gameplay doesn't have to stop every time someone fills the PB Gauge.

Good point!

I'd like to see the direct version, not just a shaky cam of this though, still, awesome find!

Risingsun
Nov 20, 2008, 08:33 PM
Good point!

I'd like to see the direct version, not just a shaky cam of this though, still, awesome find!

Yeah same here. Everyone keep an eye out, I'll do the same! haha

DeathMachine
Nov 20, 2008, 11:17 PM
Eventually SEGA might love us enough to give us an updating english site! (lawlz! J/K!)

Vanzazikon
Nov 20, 2008, 11:18 PM
Heh, wow I never thought that the fighting was so stylish. It's impressive, very good find indeed.

EJ
Nov 21, 2008, 03:54 AM
Impressive and Dragwind is right look more PSU influence on the fighting style but thinks that good since it make it faster pace and the rolling is something they should have added in PSU imo.

Also is the PB blast automatic or can you control them "ie: movement" since it looks like they are controlled at least to me they look like that.

But looks like they have put more effort into this one and seems like this will actually hold me when it comes out like PSO first did and where PSU failed unfortunately D;

MinscTFA
Nov 23, 2008, 11:27 AM
Ha ha, I found the FOmarl spinning around on the double saber humorous. Following that, did I just see a HUmar going all Chun Li like kicking the enemy (4:03)? Lol, time to make a Chun Li HUmarl/HUnewearl.

Vanzazikon
Nov 24, 2008, 03:34 PM
I liked the surfing on the partisan, what a great way to mess around. :wacko:

Akaimizu
Nov 24, 2008, 04:23 PM
Surfing on the Partisan? Hmm. Looks like Donovan (Darkstalkers) hath returned, again!!!

To the tune of Surfin USA:

"If everybody had a broadsword. And they could surf it too."
"They would be surfin' and a huntin', all the ni-ight through."
"Who said the blood of a Dark one, can't be a surfer too."
"You catch a Rikuo wave, and you're sittin' on top of the world."

Risingsun
Dec 8, 2008, 01:12 PM
Here is the Directfeed version I have been looking for.
http://phantasystar.sega.jp/pszero/#/movie/promotion/pv_rpg
-would have posted it sooner but i kept watching it to see all the details.

Percival
Dec 8, 2008, 01:13 PM
Gamekyo have posted a better version (i.e.: not off screen) of a the PSŲ footage shown at "Games Japan Festa". They label it as "New" but it looks pretty much the same as the one we've seen in November.

Better feed here (http://gamekyo.com/videoen13756_phantasy-star-0-new-video.html)

I'll replace the old link with this one in the video directory sticky thread.

Edit1: Risingsun beat me to the punch. ;)

Edit2: Better quality allowed me notice something I missed the first time I viewed it: It looks like you can make your character dance!: (See half second between 00:12 - 00:13)

ShadowInferno119
Dec 8, 2008, 01:48 PM
Yah,I seen the dancing to, its like a group of them all doing it. Kind of wierd. lol. But Can't wait till its released!

Epically Leet
Dec 8, 2008, 03:27 PM
Phaaaaaaaaantasy Staaaaaaaaaaaar Zeeeeeeeeeroooooooooooooooo get!

I wish. Plz, can it be teh 25th nao? kthxbai

Okay. More on-topic: Every single video I see of this game makes me longing more and more for it.

Risingsun
Dec 8, 2008, 03:56 PM
How as the dancing in PSO and PSU/PSP?

Daoh-ji
Dec 8, 2008, 06:40 PM
wootage. COMPLETLY ! meh wants this game !! and for once, that's a game that 'll maybe buy in japanese not just downlad-err, i meant, play ^^"
-[[ OFF TOPIC SELF-DEFENSE MODE ON ( no, long story short, i always buy my games in US/PAL, and as US is already import and cost arround 75 DOLLARS each, i'm esyly turned off, when it come to buyin' in japanese ... So, it's nice to have an anti-piracy politicy and all, but come live in france/swiss, and you'll see, you'll change your mind ... a simple exemple is the recent sonic chronicles game. You, brave US version buyers, paid 35 dollys for it, and still i found some complaining. Us, PAL version buyer, got it for an overpriced 45 EURO. ) OFF TOPIC DEFENSE MODE OFF ]]-

We'll see ! I'll probably ask secret santa to buy it for meh :P

The sole dark point that remain in this marvelous and already top 36th amazon.jp sale sheet, is the customisation. Yeah, people. We do only have 4 base model for all classes, 4 head options, 4-5 Color 1/2/3 option, a nice 5 Colors option for mag and i believe a voice choice ... Ok, we have weapons and PAs to make us unique, that's true, but physicaly, i really hope we'll not all take the same choices :/ 'Cause many seem Good/Ok, but many seems to off/odd for me ... an exemple ? Le'me see ... there : http://phantasystar.sega.jp/pszero/#/character/player/02 ... i'll NEVER, never EVER make a RAmar/RAmarl. That said, it's all about tastes and colors, but ... bleurke, i threw up when i saw those ... i could assure you, my PSU's Lanchia is classious and smeksy ! These looks like a sherif disguise O,ō

DeathMachine
Dec 10, 2008, 02:02 AM
Talk about rabid...Some people like the cowboy/officer look for their characters, so you'll probably see alot of those (get your barf-bag ready, Daoh).

Nowhere
Dec 10, 2008, 05:05 AM
Talk about rabid...Some people like the cowboy/officer look for their characters, so you'll probably see alot of those (get your barf-bag ready, Daoh).

Count me among them. At least: I think those designs are far better than the ones we've had available in other games. Not a fan of hats in Phantasy Star though. It's the price you pay for *pew-pew* I guess.

It just occurred to me - this game might have additional outfits (on the cart) to be activated via WiFi by the server at certain dates. PSU does it (so I'm told that's how it works on consoles anyway) and Professor Layton does the same thing with new puzzles--they're not downloaded, just activated. I wouldn't be surprised at all.

Daoh-ji
Dec 10, 2008, 12:39 PM

He he he, barf-bag ready ;D . Nah, really, i meant, i don't care, but 'm more into those fururistic look ( with ooooh, suggooooiiiiiiii, cute ears ) newmans got. Either as Hunters or as Force. But like i said, that's just me, and i'm shure those freakin' cute ear make some people arround there ""threw up"" as i wrote for humans rangers. Tought, i may be doing one, if we can change the costume :X

Count me among them. At least: I think those designs are far better than the ones we've had available in other games. Not a fan of hats in Phantasy Star though. It's the price you pay for *pew-pew* I guess.

It just occurred to me - this game might have additional outfits (on the cart) to be activated via WiFi by the server at certain dates. PSU does it (so I'm told that's how it works on consoles anyway) and Professor Layton does the same thing with new puzzles--they're not downloaded, just activated. I wouldn't be surprised at all.

Want the truth ? Strange thing is that i like westerns outfits. I mean i have no particular passion for them, but good ones ( A.K.A Wild arms ? xD ) are always pleasant to see. But it's more ... rah, really, i don't know. .. ... i just made a block when my brain connected sherif with PS0 xD

For the costume, i just hope so !!! that would be wondervelous ! And yeah, the hope reside in the fact that many game use that "it's in the game but not for now and not for you" proccess to unlock content. Most known exemple ? Gotta catch'em aaaaaaalll ! ( Mew, Celebi, Jiraichi, .......... arceus are all "DLC" already implemented in the game but "unlockable" trought events :3 )