PDA

View Full Version : Torture

TheOneHero
Nov 20, 2008, 09:11 PM
Some time ago, I called upon you all to help me gather a list of weapons for study, research, and possible use in some writing. I've also asked for your help in other subjects relating to my writing, now, I need it again.

I'm looking for different forms of torture. (Can't use Twilight Princess being delayed again. :wacko: )

Technology setting: Mostly "ancient" and medieval with some aspects from 19th century. (The latter is not widespread.)

If it's a known torture technique: names and a short description will be great and if it's something I can use, I'll research it more later.

Feel free to come up with your own torture techniques, but do so under the knowledge I'll probably be using it.

Dhylec
Nov 20, 2008, 09:23 PM
-starve & eat in front

Tact
Nov 20, 2008, 09:24 PM
I think growing bamboo through somebody's body would work rather well. If you saw Mythbusters the other day, you'll know what I mean.

Shadowpawn
Nov 20, 2008, 09:24 PM
Make then watch the entire run of Naurto, including fillers.

Leviathan
Nov 20, 2008, 09:30 PM
Read Twilight &it's sequels.

TalHex
Nov 20, 2008, 09:44 PM
drive nails into every joint in their hands, and/or ripp their finger nails out, then dowse them in alcohol

TheOneHero
Nov 20, 2008, 09:49 PM
@Tact: I did see that, pretty interesting and I was thinking about using it.

@Talon: That's...also prettying interesting.

Dhy, you're a sick, sick man! :wacko:

(to the others, well, I'll keep those in mind for real life emo torturing. :disapprove: )

Nitro Vordex
Nov 20, 2008, 09:50 PM
I hope this doesn't turn into another FKL game. D;

TalHex
Nov 20, 2008, 09:52 PM
I hope this turns into another FKL game. D;

you know you loved coming back as zombie nitro, admit it!

Randomness
Nov 20, 2008, 09:52 PM
No hi-tech, and no magic, huh? So much for really creative tortures.

Don't torture. Use "advanced interrogation techniques." Like waterboarding. (For which Japanese soldiers were prosecuted on grounds of war crimes after WWII)

Disdain for the current administration aside...

Try electroshock. That's 19th century enough.

Would you want torture as means of getting a confession or simply for sadistic enjoyment/retribution?

EJ
Nov 20, 2008, 09:53 PM
make them watch 90210 while involving them in random drama!!!

TheOneHero
Nov 20, 2008, 09:55 PM
Oh, sorry about that: There are some forms of magic and hi-tech stuff. (Though the hi-tech is very limited and the people doing the torturing don't have it.)

Torturing for both confession/information and sadistic enjoyment.

Randomness
Nov 20, 2008, 09:59 PM
Alright. One of the most interesting tortures I've come across in fiction pretty much requires one of the two.

Basically, the idea is to break someone by direct stimulation of the brain's pleasure centers. (Hence the need for magic or higher forms of technology)

Obviously, this is hardly retributive, but if you want them to do whatever... well.

As an added bonus, this would most likely also be very addictive. Which leaves open withdrawal as a further torture.

I also suggest Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_torture_methods_and_devices), since its got a nice looking list. (Which I'm browsing right now)

TalHex
Nov 20, 2008, 10:01 PM
the book 1984 has some really great tortures in it

Sayara
Nov 20, 2008, 10:16 PM
Chinese Water torture is always nice.

Or that streching one too. maybe BOTH?

Randomness
Nov 20, 2008, 10:22 PM
Chinese Water torture is always nice.

Or that streching one too. maybe BOTH?

Mythbusters went after the water torture. Only works with icy water.

TheOneHero
Nov 20, 2008, 11:03 PM
I've been doing research on Wikipedia and elsewhere, this topic is more of "help me research faster" and getting opinions of others.

Oh yeah, Nitro, it'll be better next time. If we ever have another, lol

Sayara
Nov 20, 2008, 11:10 PM
What would stop us from using icey water :3

EJ
Nov 21, 2008, 03:12 AM
The best torture I think is messing with their minds.

CrimsomWolf
Nov 21, 2008, 07:50 AM
Rip somebody's nails. Slowly.

I'm not sure if it was used in Middle Ages, but it's certainly torture.

Also, impale someone (but not as to kill...) on a growing tree. Then let the tree grow and finish the job. Also, if not more painfull.

TalHex
Nov 21, 2008, 08:37 AM
play chess with them, everytime they lose a piece break a bone in their body

Sayara
Nov 21, 2008, 08:37 AM
Circumsions with dental floss