PDA

View Full Version : Lets bring the FKL gaming community a little closer

Firocket1690
Nov 21, 2008, 03:04 AM
I was going to post this in OT, but there are strangers there. So I'm starting small in the all too familiar landfill. I got Left 4 Dead on tuesday, and it started a bi of obsession with Valve. Many of us here play online games of various genres. And a bunch of you guys moved onto skype, which I'm not too familiar with yet.

Originally, I was going to make a thread solely for gathering peoples' Steam usernames, then realised we can make a floating sticky with peoples' contact information, friend codes, steam, skype usernames, and everything else, whatever, etc.

Steam: Firocket1690 (orange box, audiosurf, left 4 dead)
Gunbound Revolution: Lylas
MKDS: 055902-968950
TetrisDS: 681256-234391

I'll have my pokemon diamond FC up soon.

SpikeOtacon
Nov 21, 2008, 04:35 AM
There is a Wii Friend Code thread, but it didn't take into account other stuff like Steam and Xbox Live, PSN, etc. I think a thread with all of the information would be better than just a WiFi code thread.

But then we have threads like the Brawl and Mario Kart madness thread where they have lists of players with specific games and specific codes. And that's well an organized too. If we keep the codes to one thread, we could either have all meetups planned in there, or in separate theads. Either way, it could get a bit messy with all of the various ways to play.

What to do, what to do?

Tact
Nov 21, 2008, 06:05 AM
I think we should make a new thread with contact information, and (attempt to) restrict people to one post each. This one post will have every gamertag/friend code/username they think they would use, and they can always edit that post if they need to add anything.

Firocket1690
Nov 21, 2008, 07:49 AM
Personally, I like Tact's idea, which kinda merges my idea of keeping contact in one thread.
Floating sticky with contacts, gamertags, friend codes, steam accounts, etc.

Then individual threads to organise when people want to play a specific game at any given time.

Anyone else up for this? Start adding information! 'cause I don't want to go through that awkward thing of asking people individually. I just found out Outrider plays L4D in that thread. It just seems unnecessarily tedious to ask individuals, when we can consolidate it in a single thread.

Outrider
Nov 21, 2008, 12:26 PM
Personally, I like Tact's idea, which kinda merges my idea of keeping contact in one thread.
Floating sticky with contacts, gamertags, friend codes, steam accounts, etc.

Then individual threads to organise when people want to play a specific game at any given time.

Anyone else up for this? Start adding information! 'cause I don't want to go through that awkward thing of asking people individually. I just found out Outrider plays L4D in that thread. It just seems unnecessarily tedious to ask individuals, when we can consolidate it in a single thread.

Unfortunately, I bought it for 360 as I don't have a gaming-ready PC.

But yes, I am in full support for this, if only for the selfish reason that it will help me finally get all this random information in one place.

Tact
Nov 21, 2008, 03:05 PM
Okay, three people behind the idea is enough. Who's going to make the thread? :wacko:

Dhylec
Nov 21, 2008, 03:27 PM
Okay, three people behind the idea is enough. Who's going to make the thread? :wacko:

joo know it ain't me ;3
but i can help w/something threadz

Moo2u
Nov 21, 2008, 03:28 PM
Cool idea! I likes!

But I'll keep updating the Mario Kart/Brawl Madness thread, if that's alright.

Tact
Nov 21, 2008, 03:40 PM
Cool idea! I likes!

But I'll keep updating the Mario Kart/Brawl Madness thread, if that's alright.

I don't see why that would be a problem with my proposed system.

Outrider
Nov 21, 2008, 03:43 PM
Not it.

Moo2u
Nov 21, 2008, 04:03 PM
Not it.

SpikeOtacon
Nov 21, 2008, 04:22 PM
Is it gonna have to be a presidential duty to make this thread?

Outrider
Nov 21, 2008, 04:37 PM

Well, that certainly doesn't sound like 'Not it,' does it?

Ranmaru
Nov 21, 2008, 04:40 PM

Yeah. Maybe. Or maybe I'd make it or something. Oh wait

SStrikerR
Nov 21, 2008, 05:47 PM
Errrr...not it?
(I would if I knew every single code-thing that would need to be added.

Scrub
Nov 21, 2008, 08:44 PM
LET'S PLAY SOME FKL L4D.

I ONLY HAVE TO BLOOD HARVEST LEFT TO BEAT ON EXPERT(DONT TRUST MY STEAM ACCOUNT INFO IT DIDNT CREDIT ME FOR BEATING NO MERCY ON EXPERT FOR SOME REASON)

BUT YOU GUYS ARE PROBABLY ALL CASUALS PLAYING ON ADVANCED AND SHIT ARENT YOU HAHA.

Outrider
Nov 21, 2008, 09:14 PM
LET'S PLAY SOME FKL L4D.

I ONLY HAVE TO BLOOD HARVEST LEFT TO BEAT ON EXPERT(DONT TRUST MY STEAM ACCOUNT INFO IT DIDNT CREDIT ME FOR BEATING NO MERCY ON EXPERT FOR SOME REASON)

BUT YOU GUYS ARE PROBABLY ALL CASUALS PLAYING ON ADVANCED AND SHIT ARENT YOU HAHA.

What?

Shadowpawn
Nov 21, 2008, 09:22 PM
Scrub, these days, reverts to lurking and shouting at people in ALL CAPS. It's his thing now. Just nod your head and move along.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Nov 22, 2008, 12:50 AM
The zombies got to him. No time to write in non caps, jeez.

And that was a perfect what what that name of that thing, Deadspin? Dread something?

Shadowpawn centered term defined thing. (BTW now that I got your attencion' - M.Bison is indestructible in that 1995 cartoon, nobody can hurt him, not even DeeJay with his dangerous accent-mon' or Sonicu-boom everything Willie Guile)

Shadowpawn
Nov 22, 2008, 11:55 AM
Bison was always hax, unti Akuma WTFHAX'D him.

Ranmaru
Nov 22, 2008, 04:28 PM
spam flash kick.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Nov 22, 2008, 11:41 PM
I think I'll have to skip past to the last disc and see some Akuma, called HAKUMA on the box, HAX.

Best $20 for both, spent yet... maybe.

Jokes soo corny. Blanka got stuck in a tree via parachute and Guile made three jokes about it, Blanka just hung there and took it, shamed to no end.

Fei Long called people foos. Ken sounds like Michelangelo, "dude!"

Scrub
Nov 23, 2008, 03:44 AM
spam flash kick.

THIS IS HOW TO BEAT HAYABUSA WITH REMY IN SF3

TRUE STORY

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Nov 23, 2008, 05:48 AM
I killed your Remy with a taunt basketball, from across the screen, once.

Super :cheese: