PDA

View Full Version : Importer's TeamSpeak/Ventrilo?

Aumi
Nov 21, 2008, 07:53 AM
I just thought a bit about the communication for importers who wanna play PSŲ together.

Anyone got a TeamSpeak or Ventrilo server where us importers can gather for easier communication? Or interested in making one?

Dragwind
Nov 21, 2008, 09:42 AM
There are some cheap options out there for renting Ventrilo servers, and a free option if you can host your own server. Aside from those two options, you could look into massive free-to-use Ventrilo servers which some people generously host for free use.

Saphion
Nov 21, 2008, 11:26 AM
...I'm too shy to use TeamSpeak.

:(

EDIT: I can try it, but I'm not promising anything!

Akaimizu
Nov 21, 2008, 11:35 AM
I'm game for it, once people start setting it up. Gotta love the laptops+Wifi. They just make this so easy.

Aumi
Nov 21, 2008, 11:36 AM
Hmm, I see. I'm just not too fond of organizing things... ^^;

And Saphion, I was too shy at first too, lol, but when I tried, the shyness faded pretty quickly.

Akaimizu
Nov 21, 2008, 11:40 AM
Yeah. It really helps when you have a nice little community to chat with. Sometimes the chatter gravitates to kind of a Mystery Science 3000 version of the game you're playing. However, that's usually when things get really good.

Yoda voice: "Shyness gives way to laughter, laughter leads to smiling, smiling leads to comfort, comfort leads to ..................... enjoyment."

Shiroyu
Nov 21, 2008, 01:20 PM
I'm up for it, though I'm not much of a talker.

Aumi
Nov 21, 2008, 01:36 PM
So, anyone willing to organize a server for either program? I could too, if there are any free solutions. If there are, please tell me.

cApNhOwDy
Nov 21, 2008, 05:35 PM
I'll set one up if noone else will. If I were to do it, I'd do Teamspeak since it's free. Ventrilo has better audio quality, but you have to pay for it, if you want to set one up yourself be my guest. I'm hoping that Wifi will still work through an R4 card, I've been searching for a leak of the ROM and that's how I'm going to play until we get a US release.

Aumi
Nov 23, 2008, 07:14 AM
I'd do it. I'd just need a free solution. And as far as I know, the servers for both programs cost money. Anyone got ideas?

Dragwind
Nov 23, 2008, 08:58 PM
If free is the only way to go, you could look into hosting your own if you have the spare resources, or finding another free-to-use public server (might be bit hard to find, but they exist)

jShazBot
Nov 30, 2008, 05:25 PM
I usually do things such as listen to my iPod and play my DS when I don't have access to things like my Xbox or PC. If I have to use my computer while playing my DS that kinda kills the purpose for me. I'd rather play psobb or something...
Besides, can't you still just write to each other while in game?
Oh yeah, and here's a semi-related question. When communicating in PSZ, is there an option to type text on a virtual keyboard rather than having to write all the time? My handwriting is crap when it's on my DS.

Aumi
Dec 1, 2008, 09:20 AM
K, found a possibility and I'll check out if I can get a permanent one.

What I found was a site that offers free temporary servers for 24 hours.
http://www.teamspeak4free.co.uk

So, unless someone gets a permanent server, this would be a possibility. We'd just need to find a way to tell others the IP. Like having a sticky here on the forums where we can write when we have made a server.

ShadowInferno119
Dec 2, 2008, 10:41 AM
I usually do things such as listen to my iPod and play my DS when I don't have access to things like my Xbox or PC. If I have to use my computer while playing my DS that kinda kills the purpose for me. I'd rather play psobb or something...
Besides, can't you still just write to each other while in game?
Oh yeah, and here's a semi-related question. When communicating in PSZ, is there an option to type text on a virtual keyboard rather than having to write all the time? My handwriting is crap when it's on my DS.

I don't think there is a virtual keyboard confirmed in friends, however I'd like to believe there would be.

But if your fighting all you need to get out is like one or two words, i'm sure they'll understand. you don't have time to Type out words. (However I know FF:CC EoT will have a virtual Keyboard)

And oh I agree I use my ipod when I play my DS too all the time. But What I do, is just put the head phones for my computer ( which is next to my bed) on top of my ear buds. So I'll hear them speak, when I need to respond i'll use the DS. Or I can use the mic.

And by the way I have access to a Vent server. If you guys want to use it.