PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 PSU in HD?

Poubelle
Nov 21, 2008, 04:42 PM
Can you play PSU on HD on a 360, on an HDTV with the HD cable? I tried playing it on my HDTV but I realized that I only have the regular cables. TY.^^

Ryno
Nov 21, 2008, 04:51 PM
it looks the same to me. like an oridnary HDTV

lantis-zagato
Nov 21, 2008, 04:53 PM
Yes you can. I only run mine using component cables because I purchased my xbox before it came with the HDMI port. Depending on how new your xbox is it might have this sort of connection. Cords range from rather cheap (~20$) to really expensive (150$+). If you get an HDMI cable it's really easy to set up. It's only one cord that allows for video and sound at the highest quality, 1080p.

And as far as picture quality goes, you can notice a difference. I originally had my xbox connected to a flat screen component TV. This is a non HD television that is a step above regular TVs but below the quality of an HDTV. I first tried the regular AV cables and the quality was ok. Then I hooked up the component cables to my component TV and it looked a bit better, maybe 15-20%. Then a year later I got my HDTV and you can really see the difference with component cables between a "regular" TV (my first one) and my HDTV. As far as the difference between component cables and HDMI cables that won't be a huge jump but it would still help. If possible splurge for the HDMI cables because they don't cost that much more than component cables and you never need to worry about upgrading cables again until they come out with TV's that can display better quality than 1080p.

amtalx
Nov 21, 2008, 04:59 PM
You may have brighter colors depending on your set and the quality of your old analog cables.

Kylie
Nov 21, 2008, 05:50 PM
This isn't entirely related, but I feel compelled to bitch about how bad PSU looks in HD on a PS2. :dead:

DAMASCUS
Nov 21, 2008, 08:11 PM
Yeah, we could only dream that the next expansion will have an HD mode for both systems. I've seen it on PC and...I'm jealous :p

BFGfreak
Nov 21, 2008, 08:35 PM
Just a little FYI, a $50 cable is just as good as a 5 buck one, so just to let you know.

HyperShot-X-
Nov 21, 2008, 08:37 PM
playing Xbox360 PSU on HDtv without component cable or HDMI cable is truly a crime, i suggest you to go out & get one asap. Game looks beautiful with component cable, I'm looking to get a HDMI on my 2nd box which might look even better slightly.

Inazuma
Nov 21, 2008, 08:58 PM
This isn't entirely related, but I feel compelled to bitch about how bad PSU looks in HD on a PS2. :dead:

not sure i understand. are you playing the ps2 ver of psu on a ps3 thats upconverting it to 1080p?

amtalx
Nov 21, 2008, 09:37 PM
Now that I think about it, I'm a little confused how the OP doesn't have component cables at the very least. The cables that come with a 360 are composite AND component.

HyperShot-X-
Nov 21, 2008, 09:57 PM
Now that I think about it, I'm a little confused how the OP doesn't have component cables at the very least. The cables that come with a 360 are composite AND component.
no, not for the new Arcade bundle pack for $199 that comes with a free game Sega Superstar Tennis at BestBuy if you're into that kind of game,
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8514306&type=product&id=1186006196578

it comes w/ a mem card only, no HDD tho..

Kylie
Nov 21, 2008, 10:22 PM
Yeah, we could only dream that the next expansion will have an HD mode for both systems. I've seen it on PC and...I'm jealous :p
No joke. That's the number one thing I'd want with an expansion.

EDIT: Sorry, I missed this.

not sure i understand. are you playing the ps2 ver of psu on a ps3 thats upconverting it to 1080p?
I'm playing the PS2 version on my PS3 in 720p with component cables. Setting the TV to a 420p mode helps, but the graphics still look a little choppy and stretched. Like I said, I guess it doesn't relate to the OP's problem that well.

Seira7
Nov 21, 2008, 11:08 PM
Even with component cables and running in 1080p on a HDTV this game is really jaggy
(on a 360)
I can imagine myself taking a lil walk down the staircase that is my characters arm.

I am curious what the game looks like on a PC with a great fx card/max settings though...
Im sure it looks quite nice :p I maxed the settings on games like Rapplez and Rohan and
turned them into things of beauty, so Im sure PSU could look stunning as well.

amtalx
Nov 22, 2008, 12:55 AM
no, not for the new Arcade bundle pack for $199 that comes with a free game Sega Superstar Tennis at BestBuy if you're into that kind of game,
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8514306&type=product&id=1186006196578

it comes w/ a mem card only, no HDD tho..

Ahhhh, I see. That's pretty lame, but not nearly as lame as spending $500 on a PS3 and getting composite cables ONLY. I was f*cking furious when I learned about that gem.

Xefi
Nov 22, 2008, 01:16 AM
I'm playing the PS2 version on my PS3 in 720p with component cables. Setting the TV to a 420p mode helps, but the graphics still look a little choppy and stretched. Like I said, I guess it doesn't relate to the OP's problem that well.

even with HDMI cable, ps2 games will still
look horrible on HDTV; they're not cut it
for HDTV...

to OP: using component cable on your xbox
360 helps. PSU's graphic isn't all that great
even with 720p/1080i setting. I tried it out
with my HDTV and didn't like it that much.
Maybe it's just the graphic of that game.
I play both xbox 360 and PC ver., the PC
ver. seems to be more better for my eyes
though.

DreXxiN
Nov 22, 2008, 04:12 AM
I'm not sure how PSU looks at 720p on 360, but I play on PC sometimes with my TV hooked up via RGB to my computer, playing PSU in 1280x720 Progressive scan (equivalent of 720p HD) and it looks gorgeous. 46" VIZIO.

Inazuma
Nov 22, 2008, 01:22 PM
Ahhhh, I see. That's pretty lame, but not nearly as lame as spending $500 on a PS3 and getting composite cables ONLY. I was f*cking furious when I learned about that gem.

i agree it makes no sense for the ps3 not to come w/ an hdmi cable but they only cost $5 so its not that bad.

Kylie
Nov 22, 2008, 01:51 PM
I'm not sure how PSU looks at 720p on 360, but I play on PC sometimes with my TV hooked up via RGB to my computer, playing PSU in 1280x720 Progressive scan (equivalent of 720p HD) and it looks gorgeous. 46" VIZIO.
Wish they had some sort of progressive scan or widescreen mode on the PS2 version. :/