PDA

View Full Version : SOJ is looking for Online planner and Manager + GM

Arika
Nov 22, 2008, 08:46 PM
First, if you don't interest, just hit back button, I mainly inform this as news for those who might interest by any reason only.

1.SOJ is looking for 'par-time' Online planner and Manager to work on Phantasy Star series (not say if this is AoI or not, just say series, it can either be next expansion, current online situation, or the new title)
if... if...IF.......... by chance, anybody here want to live and work in Japan on gaming, and already have skill in JP language to be qualify. you might just apply and help our server directly from inside lol! :D
time : 10am -> 7 pm, 5 days a week.
qualification :
-like online game development and love action-RPG game type.
-the one which has cooperativeness and communication ability
-has game production experience before, know C programing language and like Phantasy star online and Phantasy Star universe.

more detail in link : http://sega.jp/corp/saiyo/parttime/20081105_1/

2.They are recruiting more 'part-time'GM for the JP server.
(lol, I remember heard somebody ask about how to be GM before, but different server which they never ask)
time : work as shift, the time is infixable.
qualification :
-love online game
-can work for long period
-know basic program such as word/excel
-good at communication.

more detail in link : http://sega.jp/corp/saiyo/parttime/20080829_1/

note: this post is just mainly FYI only, so don't ask me why post about stuff that most of you can't get into it. there might be people here who always dream to get JP visa and work there about game.
note: part-time work in JP can be meant as practical work.

Discuss~

CelestialBlade
Nov 22, 2008, 09:13 PM
JP's not the side that needs this....ugh. If only SoA cared as much as SoJ.

Finalzone
Nov 22, 2008, 09:16 PM

SoA is handled by SoJ IIRC. Should they want to improve their game, they should post a worldwide job in either Japanese and English.

Yunfa
Nov 22, 2008, 09:17 PM
I wonder how well they pay...

EspioKaos
Nov 22, 2008, 09:38 PM
I wonder how well they pay...

The planner position pays a base of 800 yen per hour (about US$8.50 per hour), but depending on experience, this could go up. The spot as a GM starts off at 850 (approx. $9/hr) yen per hour for the probationary period, then will go up to 900 (approx. $9.50/hr) yen per hour with the possibility of going up depending on performance.

JAFO22000
Nov 22, 2008, 10:06 PM
The planner position pays a base of 800 yen per hour (about US$8.50 per hour), but depending on experience, this could go up. The spot as a GM starts off at 850 (approx. $9/hr) yen per hour for the probationary period, then will go up to 900 (approx. $9.50/hr) yen per hour with the possibility of going up depending on performance.

With a pay scale like that, it's no wonder our support sucks...that's barely more than the starting wage at Target!!! How can anyone live in Tokyo with a salary that low?!?!?!?

Arika
Nov 22, 2008, 11:02 PM
With a pay scale like that, it's no wonder our support sucks...that's barely more than the starting wage at Target!!! How can anyone live in Tokyo with a salary that low?!?!?!?
That is why I didn't want to mention this at first, because people would misunderstand. This position is count as "part-time" job in JP.
At first, I get confused why it say part-time, but the time is 9 hours a day. However, when I search more, this kind of part time would be translated into "practical work" in our language. that is why the requirement is so low.

This mean, once you get into the work, they let you have the work and also test your skill. The work is not permanent, and they will hire you as long as they need people. However, when they are satisfy with your work, it is likely that the company will hire you as permanent and the salary will be rise to the level of normal job.

(many company in every country use this system, so that they don't have to hire random people in the "permanent" real work, they teach you and test you first for a little period, and then they will consider if they will let you get the actual work or not. Usually, they do this when they are not hurry to get a new employee and want to screen for the best quality)

what would people get from this will be
first: work experience, you can get this written in resume for finding actual work later.
second: if they like you, the "practice work" will become "actual work" and you will get full salary, not the salary as "part-time" (850 yen that Espio mentioned count as normal part-time work salary in JP)

GH499
Nov 23, 2008, 12:57 AM
I hope some Elitist in JP get the job to change this game into hardcore game.

Neuvires
Nov 23, 2008, 02:09 AM
How can anyone live in Tokyo with a salary that low?!?!?!?

The standard of living isn't the same. And remember, they are being paid to play a game.

As an aside, that's more than I made when I was employed at Walgreens. -_-;

CAVAOUBIEN
Nov 23, 2008, 06:30 AM
er... Tokyo is in the top 3 of the most expensive cities in the world, with London and Moscow (which has been n° 1 for quite some time now). There is no U.S city that's even close to the cost of living in Tokyo, and that includes N.Y (the most expensive city in the U.S).

so yeah... it's definitly not the same standard of living as in .... Minesota...

Arika
Nov 23, 2008, 06:44 AM
For those who keep complain about payment, read this!

It is practical work!, (It is like you are complaining about lowest part-time payment is low. Of course it gonna be low, because this is NOT "actual work" yet.)
most people hope to get working experience with well known company for their resume. Also, they have their chance to get into actual work if they do good, the salary will be totally different as a "part-time/practice work" or "actual work".

alternative info, Tokyo isn't that much expensive. their big bow of Ramen is about 600 yen only. 1 bottom , the expensive is appartment if you have to rant one, but 8000 yen/day is enough salary to live there.
However, I m sure that everybody who want to get into this, doesn't care the salary really. more like they either want experience for resume or they want to try to get actual work after this practice season.

edit: insert the word 'part-time' same as the main site to make clear in the first post.

Neith
Nov 23, 2008, 08:06 AM

SoA is handled by SoJ IIRC. Should they want to improve their game, they should post a worldwide job in either Japanese and English.

Yeah, as far as I'm aware, it's actually SoJ that's governing SoA (and as such, the blame rests heavily on SoJ for the past few months of...nothing on our servers).

As for the job, while visiting Japan would be nice: 1) I wouldn't want to live there (for good reasons which I won't bring up) 2) I wouldn't want to go to another country for that kind of pay. It's not terrible, but it's just basic work with a fairly low wage.

Arika
Nov 23, 2008, 08:12 AM
I always think that SEGA is suck at planing this high potential game.
I hope that if some good players get hire into this, he might point some good idea from players view to SEGA.

btw, I think SoA is lagging GM for 2 position now, Ruby and Chill, and they don't even ask for any recruitment -_-
or they gonna get somebody who never play this game before to be a GM

Kazemi
Nov 23, 2008, 10:21 AM
Yeah, as far as I'm aware, it's actually SoJ that's governing SoA (and as such, the blame rests heavily on SoJ for the past few months of...nothing on our servers).SOA is a seperate subsidary company of Sega Corp. listed on Sega's site (http://www2.sega.com/corporate/corporatehist.php?item=corporate_history). japanese PSU is run by a local branch within the corportion and has nothing to do with US PSU.

and SOA just doesn't care...

btw, I think SoA is lagging GM for 2 position now, Ruby and Chill, and they don't even ask for any recruitment -_-
or they gonna get somebody who never play this game before to be a GM

Kinako78
Nov 23, 2008, 11:53 AM
If only SoJ cared as much as SoA.

Fixed

edit: Kazemi, if that's true, how come it's the SoA GMs that are giving us mission spotlights in an attempt to keep the game interesting? That's more then SoJ's doing.

Kion
Nov 23, 2008, 03:53 PM
I was in tokyo yesterday. I noticed those two jobs opennings on the site and was going to try and find SoJ. My friends college interview ended up taking all day and didn`t get a chance. Living in sendai at the moment, it will be next year when i move to tokyo to attend college. For now I don`t have the chance to show up to at a job in tokyo in person. I will send them an email to see if i can help with translations or something.

Also 800 yen isn`t bad much for for a part time job at a gaming company i think the connections will be worth it. Plus, you`re basically getting paid to mess around online. Also japanese kids generally stay dependent on their parents longer than american kids; all of the money they earn is extra cash until they graduate from college (depending on the person of course).

Arika
Nov 23, 2008, 07:29 PM
Good to know that there is some PSOWer living in JP too ^^
so are you there for study? or?

Kion
Nov 23, 2008, 10:03 PM
at a japanese language school right now. took level 2 proficiency from studying in high school. My goal is to live and work in japan, and i didn`t see that happening majoring in it in the states, so i came to study for the college entrance exams.

Arika, where are you living in japan? Also espio tends to translate news as fast as it comes out. The better japanese speakign PSOWer`s could probably do a decent job of translating.

Arika
Nov 23, 2008, 10:14 PM
Nope, I m not in Japan :o
but, heh, I possibly go there next year for master degree. still deciding between continue it here in AU or go to JP. I prefer go to JP, but that meant I need to study language for a long while >_<

Adama
Nov 23, 2008, 10:19 PM
I believe some slight clarification or re-wording won't go amiss here, when akira says practical work, he doesn't mean the work is PRACTICAL (I.e. digging boreholes in SOJ main office), it means its an apprentice or probationary position, hence the appalling rate of pay.

Apologies for paraphrasing you there Akira, and for sounding like i was insulting anyone's intelligence, just pointing out the description was slightly lossed in translation

Arika
Nov 23, 2008, 10:23 PM
Nah, it is alright, English is not my first language, so I wouldn't know what word to call for it anyway.
thank for fixing it. that should make ppl understand more.

HyperShot-X-
Nov 24, 2008, 05:40 PM
...it's 'ARIKA'-chan, not 'AKira' as in Virtua Fighter series.. just wanted to clear that up for you, Adama (i wish i noticed this sooner, sorry).

BTW, i'm still pondering what to make out all these news on SoJ hiring more ppl & 11/26 server maint. on x360 JP PSU site especially now after NXE that takes Live in-game voice chat out of the question on server merger possibility in the future...hmmm :wacko:

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154078

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154072