PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 PSU Convert

angemaru
Nov 22, 2008, 11:26 PM
well after playing PSU since release all the way to MAG 2 on PS2/PC

i have decided to make the switch to 360.. ( Im sorry i fell into temptation !! T-T)
so knowing what i know about psu and such ...

is it really that big a deal going trough the switch ? ( besides the fact that im not lvl 130+ anymore >_> )

and is there anything i should probably keep in mind as i start again ?

Totori
Nov 22, 2008, 11:29 PM
just that you will be a noob again but other than that nothing really

Arika
Nov 22, 2008, 11:41 PM
keep in mind that the xbox server get the same update and treatment as US-PC/PS2.
that is all.

HyperShot-X-
Nov 22, 2008, 11:52 PM
better late than never, all newbies are welcome. Good luck n have fun :)

MUDGRIP
Nov 23, 2008, 12:07 AM
han please hold down on the profanity sir.

angemaru
Nov 23, 2008, 12:12 AM
keep in mind that the xbox server get the same update and treatment as US-PC/PS2.
that is all.

so you mean none XD ?

BIGGIEstyle
Nov 23, 2008, 12:38 AM
1- If you haven't seen it I hear there's this nasty lag around robots there.

2- No screening unless you pick up a capture card (not a problem if you were PS2)

3- TRAITOR! *Waves fist* We need all the help we can over here!

Edit: Also, Gib rarz!

LoL

Xefi
Nov 23, 2008, 12:42 AM
i heard a lot about robots slowdown on
xbox 360 if that bothers you or not.
Other than that, have fun.

edit: i was beaten to the robo slowdown.

pikachief
Nov 23, 2008, 02:05 AM
edit: i was beaten to the robo slowdown.

its ok its only because u got robot slowdown and he didnt, so he beat u to the post :(

ashley50
Nov 23, 2008, 02:53 AM
its a console...you won't clear or great pics from it. And yeah...you still won't escape the FATE of updates unless you switch to JP PC/PS2/PS3

Yunfa
Nov 23, 2008, 05:55 AM
i think OP is looking forward to playing with an actual full universe instead of the deserted less than a star on PS2/PC ~ besides, at this point, its given that both servers suffer from updates

- Keep in mind, it's possible to install your game onto your harddrive after we received the "New X-box Experience," whether that effects robot slow down, I have not had the time to test that out. Personally, im enjoying it, 1st, my original PSU disc was scratched thanks to playing the game vertically, so Ive been using my friends, after installing the game, I can use the broken game disc, plus, no more freaking jet engine everytime I play a game.

Shinko
Nov 23, 2008, 06:08 AM
well after playing PSU since release all the way to MAG 2 on PS2/PC

i have decided to make the switch to 360.. ( Im sorry i fell into temptation !! T-T)
so knowing what i know about psu and such ...

is it really that big a deal going trough the switch ? ( besides the fact that im not lvl 130+ anymore >_> )

and is there anything i should probably keep in mind as i start again ?

Ok i just resendly switched over myself and here's what i can say.

the good - More people, speak though mic, easier to find a party

the bad - the censorship is 2x worst (i mean this could get very annoying if ur not one who going to talk on mic) and you have to get all ur items and lvls over.

It was well worth it for me. There's just too lil of ppl on the pc/ps2s

HyperShot-X-
Nov 23, 2008, 01:33 PM
the bad - the censorship is 2x worst (i mean this could get very annoying if ur not one who going to talk on mic) and you have to get all ur items and lvls over.

the censorship has to do with Xbox Live filter on top of PSU's AFAIK, you might already know this but u can bypass it a lot of times by putting '@' in front when u type like: '@help'.
Items & lvls are fairly easy part i can say, lvling pa's all over again could be pretty bad but it might help to try out new pa's & class u haven't before.

Sinue_v2
Nov 23, 2008, 03:56 PM
Another little annoyance I noticed people forgot. If you want to cancel your subscription for any reason - you have to call up Microsoft and convince one of the service reps that you are who you say your are, and then convince them to cancel your account. It's not really that bad, but it's a pain the butt regardless when Sonic Team or XBL could have easily put a subscription cancellation option in the game/dash somewhere.

Also, what's with the "Temptation" angel in your post? I realize you were just joking, but come on. We're not in the garden of eden here, and Microsoft is not the serpent. (Although I am wearing a fig leaf. Don't ask.) The 360 is a great platform, and taking into account it's also quickly dwindling population - I personally don't see a justification for switching, but then... since most all of my friends left long ago and being the anti-social prick I am, I only really care about the 2 years of progress I've put into my characters. If I could switch my account over, or share between the PC and 360 (for pics), I'd do it in a heartbeat. I have the 360 version, and have to admit that it's nice to have your games more or less consolidated.

Plus, it's an easy extra 1250 or whatever Gamerscore if you care about that sort of thing.

Adama
Nov 23, 2008, 10:09 PM
population issues on PC/PS2 are really reaching a head, i have some good group partners on those servers as well as the pa's and weapons i have so the reluctance to start again is obviously pretty high. But if it means seeing a well populated universe, then i guess it might be a step in the right direction.

Kouji
Nov 30, 2008, 01:15 PM
This might be a fruitless question. But I too just made the switch from the PS2/PC servers to the xbox ones because I got sick and tired of the lag and lack of people. My question is has there been any strides made towards perhaps allowing people to transfer their existing character data from the PS2/PC servers to the Xbox ones? For me starting over isn't the end of the world. However I do have other friends who are absolutely reluctant to make that switch because they've put so much time and effort into the game on those servers. Yet I know they are a bit frustrated at the lack of the population and the lag, etc.

HyperShot-X-
Nov 30, 2008, 03:15 PM
At least you can try to submit a ticket to Sega Support since they are the only ones who might be able to verify billing acct info on PlaySega and from Xbox Live and then link the acct data to Live gamertag if transfer is possible on servers. Don't know if anyone ever did try it tho but what have you got to lose anyways?

Yunfa
Nov 30, 2008, 03:21 PM
but what have you got to lose anyways?

Well said! Hit me up if you guys need help: GT UberYun

Kouji
Nov 30, 2008, 03:59 PM
You know I never thought about that. It is definitely worth an inquiry. If I find anything out I'll definitely report it!

Akaimizu
Dec 1, 2008, 02:12 PM
Welcome back to PSU, regardless of which servers you play on. I do hear you on trying to get to nicer communities. Sci-fi based dungeon crawls are really rare, and I would like to see this game grow as well. Even Tabula Rasa (another game I was in the community for) is going the way of the dodo early next year. Partly a case in which too many MMOs on the PC can quickly kill interest in MMO newcomers, and another part in the case that it's much harder to get a sci-fi based one to flourish in community sizes compared to a high-fantasy one.

And it doesn't have to be an online MMO for that issue. Find me a successful PC dungeon crawler, that is sci-fi-based, and I will be rather shocked to see it. (Then I will probably have to check it out)

PSU does have the potential to be the most successful of any of them. I think Phantasy Star Portable already kind of got there in Japanese sales and participation alone. Needless to say, I've been using the last couple of months to catch up on a backlog of games and check out a couple of new ones during the slow part of PSU. Still, I normally am glad to come in PSU and party with folks who simply ask. I'm not avoiding the game, but trying to beat out some games which take a lot less time to finish.

Kouji
Dec 3, 2008, 07:08 PM
I just wanted to post the reply I got from SEGA support in regards to my question about transfering character data accounts from one server to the other. This is what I received.

"Hello,
Thank you for writing.

Unfortunately we are unable to move accounts between the PC/PS2 and XBox side. This is due in part to the fact that XBox servers are maintained by Microsoft, and partly because the servers are considered separate (mostly due to economy) and so it is impractical to transfer. I understand this may be disappointing, so I do apologize! We simply do not have the tools to accomplish such a move, however.

Best wishes,

Edward
SEGA Support"

Atleast they were nice enough to reply pretty quickly to me, and they managed to tell me one way or the other if it was doable or not. Still sucks though that a transfer cannot be done and that anyone wanting to switch servers will have to start over again. Like myself. But! Then again I love this game so to me it's not that big of a deal. So anyone feel like playing with me on the Xbox servers here's my info!

xbox live gamer card: sinergi
PSU character 1: Kouji (level 9 force, newman)
PSU character 2: camuigaku (level 1 ranger, cast)

DEM_CIG
Dec 3, 2008, 07:36 PM
well if u need or want any help just message me over live. Im working on my female newman acrotecher, shes level 38. Im just trying to cap out her buffs right now. So just feel free to message me if u see me on my gt is Eternal Aura, I will be happy to help.