PDA

View Full Version : Awkward luck these past 2 days.

Tyreek
Nov 24, 2008, 05:22 PM
Either it's me or the luck system is not accurate, but last I checked almost everyone has 0 luck. And now PSUpedia says only male Newmans and Beasts get 2* luck the next day. I'm at school at the moment, but how is everything on your end?

Ryna
Nov 24, 2008, 05:53 PM
Either it's me or the luck system is not accurate, but last I checked almost everyone has 0 luck. And now PSUpedia says only male Newmans and Beasts get 2* luck the next day. I'm at school at the moment, but how is everything on your end?

The luck values on this site have been accurate. The local servers have just been recycling the luck values from last year.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Nov 24, 2008, 06:02 PM
The luck values on this site have been accurate. The local servers have just been recycling the luck values from last year.
No. Just recently, our Photon Fortune chart changed again. The Japanese chart changed a couple months ago, but ours didn't, so we had been following the chart from the past year. However, our chart changed again, but seemingly to one that is unique, and has not been seen previously on any server.

http://forum.psupedia.info/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=251 (http://forum.psupedia.info/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=251)

None of this is true, apparently.

Ryna
Nov 24, 2008, 06:13 PM
No. Just recently, our Photon Fortune chart changed again. The Japanese chart changed a couple months ago, but ours didn't, so we had been following the chart from the past year. However, our chart changed again, but seemingly to one that is unique, and has not been seen previously on any server.

http://forum.psupedia.info/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=251

I suggest you check again. I ran through all of the player combinations and everyone has the same luck right now that they did last year.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Nov 24, 2008, 06:18 PM
Huh. Well that's odd.

In all honesty, I haven't actually logged in to PSU in around a month, so I was just going by what Espio said. However, I just checked my male human, and he did have level 1 PF, so that matches up.

I wonder how Espio overlooked that. Well, whatever. Sorry for the confusion.

EspioKaos
Nov 24, 2008, 06:28 PM
I suggest you check again. I ran through all of the player combinations and everyone has the same luck right now that they did last year.

What the crap? D: Alright, so what I've learned from this is that NPCs no longer have fortune. I only had time this morning before work to check my main and one alt (newman male), so I used NPCs to fill the other spots. Guess that was a bad idea. I just went into a mission as my main (male beast) with another male beast and noticed this...

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t265/EspioKaos/psu20081124_172347_000.jpg

Now, am I just imagining stuff or didn't NPCs have fortune once upon a time?

Ryna
Nov 24, 2008, 06:29 PM
What the crap? D: Alright, so what I've learned from this is that NPCs no longer have fortune. I only had time this morning before work to check my main and one alt (newman male), so I used NPCs to fill the other spots. Guess that was a bad idea. I just went into a mission as my main (male beast) with another male beast and noticed this...

NPC Luck Values don't show up until one minute after you've started the mission.

I usually wait until the 2-minute mark to make sure.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Nov 24, 2008, 06:31 PM
Learn something new every day.

Boy, I sure do love putting my foot in my mouth.

Itachi1990
Nov 24, 2008, 06:32 PM

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t265/EspioKaos/psu20081124_172347_000.jpg

Yeah they usually get it a few minutes into the run.

EspioKaos
Nov 24, 2008, 06:34 PM
Learn something new every day.

Quoted for multiple factors of truth and virtue.

Thanks, Ryna and Itachi! :D

CelestialBlade
Nov 24, 2008, 07:15 PM
Wow, that's new to me too o_o Wonder why they coded it that way? Not that NPC luck means anything aside from luck forecasting purposes, but still....

Tyreek
Nov 24, 2008, 08:09 PM
I really didn't give a crap about luck anymore, but at this point, I really hoping for 3* luck soon. I have something important to hunt down.

Dealer
Nov 28, 2008, 04:46 PM
I remember about 8 months ago, NPCs stopped displaying luck in missions altogether after always getting the luck of their race and gender. However, within 3-7 days I noticed this was changed back forever to NPCs displaying their luck.

I thought it was interesting because it meant that because PSU gods were tinkering with luck of the NPCs, that NPCs luck may affect drops. But I'm not sure if they left the "NPC luck counts" switch on or off despite restoring its display. I could have imagined all of this, but I was playing a lot at the time, and when the luck stopped being displayed I thought it was simply PSU confirming finally that NPC luck wasn't counted. My interest returned when the luck appeared days later.