View Full Version : NEW GURHAL TIME ATTACK

gundam0079
Nov 24, 2008, 08:10 PM
*snip wall of text*

The announcement is on this page:
http://www.phantasystaruniverse.com/community_events.php?item=20081124a

RAGNAGELPPOD
Nov 24, 2008, 08:11 PM
Limit 32 teams of five...whats five times thirty two? Are there even that many of us left?

Ryna
Nov 24, 2008, 08:12 PM
It looks like a Gurhal Time Attack Event:

http://www.phantasystaruniverse.com/community_events.php?item=20081124a

Arika
Nov 24, 2008, 08:16 PM
wall of text :o

Tyreek
Nov 24, 2008, 08:16 PM
And a huge one at that. 0_0;

LOL
Nov 24, 2008, 08:17 PM
I guess this is a good a place as any.

I'm looking for a team.

Basic stats.

Level 140
ForteGunner 20

Anyone interested?

gundam0079
Nov 24, 2008, 08:17 PM
srry the copy paste thing messed up when i tired to edit the post. i kon its hard to read, but ryna hooked me up with the link :D

Kinako78
Nov 24, 2008, 08:27 PM
Wow, this sounds fun! I hope I can find a team.

RAGNA: 160. We may have that many left, but the rules say a team can run with less then 5 members.

Ryna
Nov 24, 2008, 08:28 PM
I wonder if there are enough people left on the PC/PS2 side to fill up a full 32 team bracket? Putting together a decent 5-player team will be challenging since so many people have quit.

Shinko
Nov 24, 2008, 08:40 PM
sigh... is it even worth it. Just a metal and a talk with GMs. Blah... i not wasting my time with this. (and i dont even thing its that man ppl on pc/ps2 side) But anyone who think they will enjoy it i say good luck to you and its good someone will enjoy because i sure won't.

marsprite
Nov 24, 2008, 08:42 PM
I am also looking for a team.

PC

Seraph
Caseal
Level 140
Protranser 20 - Acrofighter 20
(All my other Types are 20 also, but I don't wanna play them)

I would guess we have enough people who still play in the 100+ range who would be interested in running this event, the thing is we need to form up in time.

We haven't received alot of advance notice here, considering the prep work involved.

NOTE! I plan to ask some of my friends about teaming up, so I may get taken. We shall see..

DreXxiN
Nov 24, 2008, 08:49 PM
Hmm...I might resub since I already would have a team for this...we'll see. Sounds interesting.

ChaosAngel92
Nov 24, 2008, 08:55 PM
Hmm, sounds quite nice. Well a Fortegunner is aviable here.

Neith
Nov 24, 2008, 09:00 PM
Never been interested in Time Attack. Ever.

Like most people have said, I wonder if PC/PS2 can even fill up enough teams. Still, I assume this is the GM's doing, and for that at least I can say they're trying.

Good luck to anyone entering, but it's really not something I'm interested in.

DreXxiN
Nov 24, 2008, 09:03 PM
Hmm, I do hear however that they don't pick the map so it's a very imbalanced race...

You could get long hard map, or short easy map..

Arika
Nov 24, 2008, 09:11 PM
looking for team too..... lv 160 Arika-chan LOL! :p

hunterseifer
Nov 24, 2008, 09:12 PM
Sounds like fun, when I get a new PSU disc I guess I'l join in on it :p

Chris28
Nov 24, 2008, 09:17 PM
this runs through dec. 18, so no updates until christmas! Hooray!

*goes back to playing other games*

amtalx
Nov 24, 2008, 10:22 PM
To people that like Time Attack, have at it. As for me, I may cancel since this means no new content until probably '09.

Africa
Nov 24, 2008, 10:33 PM
This could be interesting but then again i don't care either way, at this point it seems a little lackluster. The prize doesn't seem to great but they should've listed the missions that they were to run.Who knows though maybe this will get a couple of my friends to play again and hopefully they do the contest e.s.t. because no one goes by p.s.t.

Uncle_bob
Nov 24, 2008, 10:49 PM
Gold medals? A chance to talk to the GM's?

Sega is surely the greatest troll to ever exist.

Tyreek
Nov 24, 2008, 11:09 PM
Heh, I'm trying to avoid Caelum at the moment due to issues. But who knows, I might... just might drop by.

ashley50
Nov 24, 2008, 11:30 PM
meh...time attack?

and Medals for prize? pffft...nice try SoA. Player sponsored TAs can give better prizes than those medals >:l

Kylie
Nov 24, 2008, 11:40 PM
Is this supposed to make up for the lack of content? If so, it falls short.

I really don't like being negative, but this is just stupid now. Good luck to everyone that participates though.

Mimo
Nov 24, 2008, 11:48 PM
theres not even alot of ppl left in my cards list D: i can only group up with three other peeps!
-has no friends left ;-;-

i wonder if we can invite npc's to make it count as a "five member party"
that would be fun

tehe :3

Arika
Nov 25, 2008, 12:12 AM
3 people, 4 people, 5 people doesn't different much in speed.
(1 person can solo TD within 4-5 min, full party do about the same, 3 min at max)
actually, they should allow team member to have lower than 5 people, agree with mimo.
Some people just want to play for fun.

EDIT: Mimo!, they said you can play with 3-4 people also!

Dragwind
Nov 25, 2008, 12:31 AM
Now would be a good time to use the Player Matchup (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18) forum ;o

Hopefully we can gather enough teams to fill those brackets.

ashley50
Nov 25, 2008, 12:36 AM
if there's still some left on us who are interested on joining...that...'event'. ^

McLaughlin
Nov 25, 2008, 12:45 AM
So this equates to no content until at least after Christmas.

I think I'm speechless.

Good luck to anyone who bothers to enter. :/

autumn
Nov 25, 2008, 01:31 AM
Sega is surely the greatest troll to ever exist.

Stolen btw :3

DAMASCUS
Nov 25, 2008, 01:31 AM
I'm not online enough to really compete but aside from that it really does speak to SOA having issues getting updates for us. Instead of waiting for updates of any kind I guess I'll just play once a week for a while.

I'm not cancelling, but...its really close.

pikachief
Nov 25, 2008, 01:51 AM
well w/e its SOMETHING too keep me occupied with this game! idc if im last place i wanna participate in this!

but i dont have a team ._. lol (if anyone wants a lvl 140FG/PT lvl 40 shotguns lvl 31+ lasers and such i'll be willing to join)

Tyreek
Nov 25, 2008, 02:36 AM
I may be willing pikachief, but I dunno, the 1st of December is kinda sketchy, and I have classes till 8:45 that day. Unless of course, they allow late runners.

MSAksion
Nov 25, 2008, 03:15 AM
i like the rules.

Teams up to Five.
1) Must be an FT or AT. Limit 3 Scape dolls.
2) Must be a WT, GT, or PT. No scapes.
3) Any and no scapes. Or if an AT or FT allowed 3 scapes.
4) Any and no scapes. Or if an AT or FT allowed 3 scapes.
5) Any and no scapes. Or if an AT or FT allowed 3 scapes.

My 2nd in command reminds me that the IDEAL teams would probably be;

1) AT with Resta Reverser mag & WHIPS
2) PT with EX Traps of pwnage
3) FF Beast with JabroKEN and Majarra and a Chikki Slicer of hax and win.
4) FF Beast with JabroKEN and Majarra and a Chikki Slicer of hax and win.
5) FF Beast with JabroKEN and Majarra and a Chikki Slicer of hax and win.

Ruby Eclipse - here's a suggestion - in a team of 5 - NO DUPLICATE JOBS. There are 7 advanced jobs to pick lets see a BALANCED race. Three Beast FF's spamming Majarra and JabroKEN will win against teams that have rangers and forces in them.

DreXxiN
Nov 25, 2008, 03:51 AM
i like the rules.

Teams up to Five.
1) Must be an FT or AT. Limit 3 Scape dolls.
2) Must be a WT, GT, or PT. No scapes.
3) Any and no scapes. Or if an AT or FT allowed 3 scapes.
4) Any and no scapes. Or if an AT or FT allowed 3 scapes.
5) Any and no scapes. Or if an AT or FT allowed 3 scapes.

My 2nd in command reminds me that the IDEAL teams would probably be;

1) AT with Resta Reverser mag & WHIPS
2) PT with EX Traps of pwnage
3) FF CAST with JabroKEN and Majarra and a Chikki Slicer of hax and win.
4) FF CAST with JabroKEN and Majarra and a Chikki Slicer of hax and win.
5) FF CAST with JabroKEN and Majarra and a Chikki Slicer of hax and win.

Ruby Eclipse - here's a suggestion - in a team of 5 - NO DUPLICATE JOBS. There are 7 advanced jobs to pick lets see a BALANCED race. Three CAST FF's spamming Majarra and JabroKEN will win against teams that have rangers and forces in them.

Fix'd

If you want to play the class you want for fun, go play casual, if you want to compete, adjust. It's Sega's fault that the balance is so bad and it's your fault for still playing. Adjusting is a key competitive part to every game, most "pro" Fortetechers had to do it.

Marron_Shido
Nov 25, 2008, 04:09 AM
So what time of day is this event being held? I can't find the time mentioned just the date.*sighs*

Mimo
Nov 25, 2008, 04:43 AM
3 people, 4 people, 5 people doesn't different much in speed.
(1 person can solo TD within 4-5 min, full party do about the same, 3 min at max)
actually, they should allow team member to have lower than 5 people, agree with mimo.
Some people just want to play for fun.

EDIT: Mimo!, they said you can play with 3-4 people also!

oh really?! thanks for the heads up Ari! ^^

Arika
Nov 25, 2008, 05:02 AM
fT or AT is really depend on mission. There is no say which is superior than another.
The different tech damage is like melee compare FF to AF, so fT do help more on damage when tech is effective, but AT get benefit from be able to melee and range and buff, so it is more all-round.
at the end, you should just pick whatever you play more and more used to it.

Alecc
Nov 25, 2008, 05:21 AM
i think i´ts great they are trying to do something :)
but it means we won´t have any new content this year :(

Lucky Dearly
Nov 25, 2008, 05:51 AM
Hopefully when they start this December 1st they will also put in the Rappy Noel but knowing Segac they might fluff up their drops just like they did the Rappy Latans

Seority
Nov 25, 2008, 06:24 AM
Sega: "LETS HOST THIS HUGE EVENT THAT REQUIRES TEAMS MEANING A LOT OF PEOPLE AND GET THESE LAME PRIZES YAY!!!"

(Hosting a big event with such little people is kind of a wrong move here. There are only few who wish to participate, and it isn't big enough to bring back most people. So for the 7 people who wish to compete, there will be no competition exept those who wish to fork off another unworthy $10 towards Sega just so they can hold us up longer. ~le sigh~ )

Freshellent
Nov 25, 2008, 06:54 AM
It's sad that an event like this almost convinced me to reactivate my account sooner, I'd love an excuse to dust off my PT and put him into real work again. So many things that used to give me a rush in this game, and time attacks aren't usually one of them. Yet, I can't help but be interested this time around.

I still frown when I think about the balancing issues of time attacks and how they work in this game, but the challenge... beckons me. All too often I've wanted something to pit myself against another player in PSU, a shame TA's are the only thing that people can cook up. ( MAG doesn't count, that trash was a joke to anyone that didn't have the time )

In any case-

Where the hell was this a month ago? This would have been so appealing when the player base was just a tad bit larger, now it just seems to be a last ditch ploy to cover up the obvious. Com'n ST. Bring on a new expansion and make me proud to be a PSU player again.

Sir_Satyr
Nov 25, 2008, 08:10 AM
This would be pretty cool to do if I were on vacayion!

japanese dinosaur
Nov 25, 2008, 08:39 AM
its amazing how people still bawl about this event, its nothing great, theres nothing new coming out. but still its an update and it proves that they're still trying to do something, during the meantime that they're compiling info actual updates that we want to see. cause im also "woop dee do" on medals ya know <___< but still im glad to see that they're actually putting some effort rather than no effort and letting this game die out in NA. i mean whats the worst if PSU dies out for sega, it just means they get alot less money in their pockets, so im pretty sure we'll see the actual "zOMG" updates soon enough.

Chibi_psu
Nov 25, 2008, 08:44 AM
This was my face this morning when i saw the post about this:

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/56/1227561133876ha6.jpg

BahnKnakyu
Nov 25, 2008, 08:59 AM
its amazing how people still bawl about this event, its nothing great, theres nothing new coming out. but still its an update and it proves that they're still trying to do something, during the meantime that they're compiling info actual updates that we want to see. cause im also "woop dee do" on medals ya know <___< but still im glad to see that they're actually putting some effort rather than no effort and letting this game die out in NA. i mean whats the worst if PSU dies out for sega, it just means they get alot less money in their pockets, so im pretty sure we'll see the actual "zOMG" updates soon enough.

You forgot that these events are held by community members - we don't need a GM to coordinate an event like this for us. Zael has coordinated this kinda stuff before. I think that's the reason why people are annoyed that they shoved in an event rather than announcing content.

I'm not participating until I get proof from SoA that something is going to be done content-wise.

Cracka_J
Nov 25, 2008, 09:11 AM
This is really pathetic.

Sega has given us all the perfect christmas present!
The final reason to let your account go inactive!

I feel like I'm stuck in the 150+ episode Naruto filler...only this time with PSU.
Call me when we get masters/carnival, k?

Kinako78
Nov 25, 2008, 10:33 AM
well w/e its SOMETHING too keep me occupied with this game! idc if im last place i wanna participate in this!

but i dont have a team ._. lol (if anyone wants a lvl 140FG/PT lvl 40 shotguns lvl 31+ lasers and such i'll be willing to join)

I'll join. :)

lvl 137 AT with lvl 31+ buffs and heals, including Giresta. :)

Edit: Ok, this has been a long time coming: you people make me sick! Like japanese dinosaur said, at least SoA's trying to keep this game interesting! All this bawling would be better directed at SoJ, since they're the ones refusing to give us our updates! So instead of whining on a site where nothing gets directed to the bigwigs, why not turn it into something productive?

amtalx
Nov 25, 2008, 10:41 AM
All I have to say is Hrith better back up all that shit he talks.

Chibi_psu
Nov 25, 2008, 10:41 AM
Why not just shutdown the server?

lantis-zagato
Nov 25, 2008, 10:58 AM
I might be interested in this if anyone needs an extra partner. It just depends on my schedule at work. However, I have a 140 male beast GT with every element armor and mostly 40 bullets. Also have resta, giresta and buffs. I use either a har/smart or red/force depending on how I feel that day. Thanks.

Powder Keg
Nov 25, 2008, 11:04 AM
Hey! This is worth resubscribi-...oh, I can't even do it anymore.....

darkante
Nov 25, 2008, 11:13 AM
Is this for real? No new content, just this competive piece of shit?
I´m not that hardcore in the least.
It will just result in Jabroga, Majara, Slicer w/e cheap spamming anyways.

Goddamnit, guess we won´t get the Carnival until next year.

Cracka_J
Nov 25, 2008, 11:37 AM
Hey! This is worth resubscribi-...oh, I can't even do it anymore.....

You're telling me you don't like leftover medals from MAG?!?

Crawdad
Nov 25, 2008, 11:40 AM
Yeah thi is fucked, Darkante is right coz of this crap we wont see anything realy till next year and i dont know if i can even wait that long.

And the First Prize is so stupid an effing room decortation and PODCAST chat with *gasp* two GMs? Wow i'm sure as fuck excited about that, I get a room deco, that just fucking sits there looking gay and all, and i talk to a couple of SOA employees that have done nothing to deserve my respect. I feel like i got a Giant piece wood shoved up my PSUing ass for this shit. srsly wtf sega?

AweOfShe
Nov 25, 2008, 11:43 AM
These Medals are purely hypothetical.......

Leah
Nov 25, 2008, 12:20 PM
ahhahahahaha. WOO TIME ATTACK! 2 CASTS 1 CUP!!!!!!!

enjoy your cupdate. XD

Rayokarna
Nov 25, 2008, 12:27 PM
This was my idea from over THREE months ago!

from DPS.com
[spoiler-box]

The set up I was thinking of is...

A team of 5 to 7 members of the team(4 members out on field at once except for missions that require 5 peope for an S Rank) with the remaining team members as a sort of stand by members. Every match run should include a staffing member.

Team and ingame restrictions:

Only 1 Fortefighter per team
No Scape dolls(Use of Moons and Giresta is ok)
Only 2 of everyother class is allowed in a party
All other restore items can be used.
A team must include one tech casting class.
S Rank is needed for the time to count.

The score system:

3 points for a win, 1 point for a draw.
Every death should be marked down. (On the leader tables, it should have a satistic saying how many times someone people have died in the team overall. This should be the deciding factor when two teams have the same number of points.)
Prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place teams.

The team members are registered by ID Number insted of character names so they can use their alts.

When a team registers, they must register their 'home' mission, colour
scheme and team name.

All games must be played on the highest teir mission(so a level 100+ is the requirement I guess).

Every team should play eachother twice once on each 'home' mission.

No two teams can have the same 'home' mission.

Thats all I can think of at the moment but thats only my idea. You guys decide what you want to do with it.

This would be nice if we could get the GM backing for this, we could use their message banner to display scores and information lol.
[/spoiler-box]

*facepalm*

http://dps.diadu.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6&start=10

Cracka_J
Nov 25, 2008, 12:37 PM
cupdate

It has been coined, and all is well with the world.

You, my friend, are my hero for today.

Totori
Nov 25, 2008, 12:39 PM
Here is my team for the cup on the PC/ps2 side ^_^

Team Name: Brilliant Vesperia
Team Leader: Hikaru
partner card #: 20041344

Members and Classes:
1. Hikaru Fortetecher
2. Eliwood *class TBA* 20035265
3. Haseo *undecided class*
4.*open for any*
5.*open for any*

*If you want to join my party in the free space try to contract me in game or PM me*

DAMASCUS
Nov 25, 2008, 12:49 PM
Having a reliable time to meet with our team would be the tricky part.
I'm on PST and my best day would be Saturday for teaming up. December 1st is a Monday of course, so I'd have to be up at the butt-crack of dawn to be up in time for some runs but I could do it; 6am-9am PST.

I have a CAST who is capped for FT,FF and Fig(of course) and well-levelled PA complement for all three. I've got a very good well-rounded arsenal as well.

desturel
Nov 25, 2008, 01:42 PM
In addition to the class limitations, I'm sure an "at least one of each race" limitation would balance it out even further. Then teams would have to decide if they wanted two beasts or two casts. The main problem with that is many people don't have a human character that is properly leveled.

Kadajenova
Nov 25, 2008, 02:06 PM
this pseudo-event = no update before 2009

Omega_Weltall
Nov 25, 2008, 02:13 PM
no reason to renew... as I wont get a group since fT's are shitted on, under lv techs cause i change class alot, and on top of that i have no real decent rares. Pass

Mimo
Nov 25, 2008, 02:14 PM
This was my idea from over THREE months ago!

from DPS.com
[spoiler-box]

[/spoiler-box]

*facepalm*

http://dps.diadu.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6&start=10

when i read the rules to this event, i knew i already read this somewhere else you just reminded me where to find it... D:!!

got teh link from some other person D: lo.ol!!!

buzyb77
Nov 25, 2008, 02:30 PM
i'd rather have CONTENT NOT STOPGAPS...

BIG OLAF
Nov 25, 2008, 02:46 PM
(My 1st post on PSO-World forums. I was pretty tired of the official forums. Especially once I heard that pretty much anyone who was talking smack about the "no update" situation was pretty much getting banned.)

Anyway, I was expecting more. I see this as a last-ditch effort by the GMs to try and pump some life and/or excitement back into this game. As someone earlier had posted, if Sega had done this a month or so ago, it wouldn't be so frowned upon. Since everyone have just about went on a hiatus, I don't think that this tournament will even fill, much less be a success. Also, this upsets me further due to the fact that was already mentioned numerous times on this thread:

Gurhalian Cup = no real updates until late '08, or more likely, '09.

Cracka_J
Nov 25, 2008, 02:58 PM
Q: Even though you said we'd get new content during this tournament, I'm going to say it's not true! I want to be pessimistic and post doomsday comments in every thread! I'm so witty!

A: The GM team is eagerly looking forward to seeing your responses when new content does arrive during the tournament.

Concerning the updates, that's what's on the CUPDATE thread.

They seem to talk big, but in the past, it's always ended up in disaster and them evacuating PSU and the boards for days/weeks on end.

Hey, I'd like to see them prove me wrong, but a 0% track record is a 0% track record. Odds are not in their favor.

DreXxiN
Nov 25, 2008, 03:04 PM
All I have to say is Hrith better back up all that shit he talks.

You're kidding, right? I still haven't gotten a screenshot yet alone a race from that guy :(.

Anywho, I am torn between two teams, but am much more leniant to start my own.

My line up would be

1.Lyzael Guardian
2. Zero Sensei
3. Seority
4. Vatsu(?)
5. *open splot until further notice*

Finae
Nov 25, 2008, 03:10 PM
Lol all the bawwwers love the game still muah.

1. Lol at Hrith comment. Ya, I think that would be worth resubscribing for someone who knows kef rather well buah.

2. Lol, don't care about event and I don't ever care about events in any MMO unless its real good. Oh, I am a TA nut seeing as I get bawwws from people who join my white *****re parties sometimes or non bawwwws with praise, but the rewards are shit. Ya, if the reward was that Guardian's fomarl outfit or ank buti 50%, then I would be all over this. But rewards suck and I am not interested. Give good reward and prehaps I would be.

3. Farm animals (for those who love the word bawww and refer to people as this), don't understand why you continue to make your noise and just take a 5 month break or quit in general. Is it that hard to stay away from PSU? Sure isn't/wasn't for me. And after that 5 month break, you come back and you finally got what you wished for lol. Oh sure, you'll throw me your usual reasons, but it doesn't matter, you love this game and that is why you keep checking back to see what is going on with the game, cancelled sub or not. Like I said, if you truly hated this game, you would do like I did in FFXI and....

1.Delete toons
2.Cancel / sell account (Lol got 500 usd for my ffxi account back in those days)
3.Pull a "office space" with your game CDs. For example, I threw my FFXI CDs in a river.
4.Delete the game off your Hard drive (if on PC)
5.Disassociate yourself from the psu community by not ever coming back to sega's forums or pos-worlds forums.

There, you can stop being a farm animal and live happily ever after with real life or another game. Remember, farm animals exist for every MMO or online game which means no game out there is perfect so you will become a farm animal once again for that next game you play.

Otherwise, be stuck in limbo farm animals, but just know, you love psu or else you wouldn't even bother posting or coming to any psu related site muah.

Danny_Dark
Nov 25, 2008, 03:39 PM
...I don't have Time to join this "Event"...(Whatever)...

Turb0
Nov 25, 2008, 04:22 PM
this pseudo-event = no update before 2009

+1. I mean, it's better than nothing but now ST can say we already had something going on so they probably won't worry about updates during this. Then we'll have our standard 2 week break (minimum) between this and anything else, etc. Actually we probably won't get an update until mid-January at the earliest because they'll count the Christmas lobbies as an update.

Alecc
Nov 25, 2008, 05:34 PM
i´d say mid- February.... if we are lucky. :(

Shinko
Nov 25, 2008, 05:41 PM
Lol all the bawwwers love the game still muah.

1. Lol at Hrith comment. Ya, I think that would be worth resubscribing for someone who knows kef rather well buah.

2. Lol, don't care about event and I don't ever care about events in any MMO unless its real good. Oh, I am a TA nut seeing as I get bawwws from people who join my white *****re parties sometimes or non bawwwws with praise, but the rewards are shit. Ya, if the reward was that Guardian's fomarl outfit or ank buti 50%, then I would be all over this. But rewards suck and I am not interested. Give good reward and prehaps I would be.

3. Farm animals (for those who love the word bawww and refer to people as this), don't understand why you continue to make your noise and just take a 5 month break or quit in general. Is it that hard to stay away from PSU? Sure isn't/wasn't for me. And after that 5 month break, you come back and you finally got what you wished for lol. Oh sure, you'll throw me your usual reasons, but it doesn't matter, you love this game and that is why you keep checking back to see what is going on with the game, cancelled sub or not. Like I said, if you truly hated this game, you would do like I did in FFXI and....

1.Delete toons
2.Cancel / sell account (Lol got 500 usd for my ffxi account back in those days)
3.Pull a "office space" with your game CDs. For example, I threw my FFXI CDs in a river.
4.Delete the game off your Hard drive (if on PC)
5.Disassociate yourself from the psu community by not ever coming back to sega's forums or pos-worlds forums.

There, you can stop being a farm animal and live happily ever after with real life or another game. Remember, farm animals exist for every MMO or online game which means no game out there is perfect so you will become a farm animal once again for that next game you play.

Otherwise, be stuck in limbo farm animals, but just know, you love psu or else you wouldn't even bother posting or coming to any psu related site muah.

dude u are missing the whole point. Its not that people don't like psu. They love it. They want it to live on. So the hope that sega will start improving. And if you haven't notice ppl are doing what they're say. alot of ppl who posted here said they would quit and they have. And most of them don't come back or even care any more. they moved on. But the ones still here complaining are the one that still try to have fate in sega. And slowly we starting to lost them.

And for the so called farm animals u talk about. yea of course every mmo have them. they are needed. If it wasn't for them most casual players wouldnt have any good items because they dont have the time to hunt crazy for them. Most casual players just buy the rare item they want. And who do you think found that rare......those farm animals. (however in psu most rares are kinda easy to get but im talkin about mmo's in general) 2nd, they are the ppl that mmo's get the most money from because the stay but casual players stay for awhile then leave or take a break. So with that being said of course they have the right to make noise and say there mad. They help ppl who dont have or feel like hurting rares. (sure the prices r crazy at tim...... most of the time but still ppl buy them)

RubyEclipse
Nov 25, 2008, 05:51 PM
when i read the rules to this event, i knew i already read this somewhere else you just reminded me where to find it... D:!!

got teh link from some other person D: lo.ol!!!
Actually, I created and hosted the first ever PSU Time Attack event almost two years ago:

http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=11138&highlight=event

As well as a number of other TA races afterwards. In general, race events even date back to the PSO days, so there will always be some similarities.

To emphasize again, this is an SOA GM event and will be running alongside new content. This is also different from the situation with MAG, as we are running this event on our side, and have full power over it.

I know some people out there would love to not believe it, but my advice is to sit tight and listen - we do have new content coming during the tournament, and it will be a lot more than simply a new seasonal lobby. :)

WHlTEKNIGHT
Nov 25, 2008, 06:19 PM
Its not that we wouldn't like to see a decent update, its been nearly 2 months without anything substantial and people have a right to be pessimistic after the absolutely p poor service we have had since mag.

Kinako78
Nov 25, 2008, 06:20 PM
I know some people out there would love to not believe it, but my advice is to sit tight and listen - we do have new content coming during the tournament, and it will be a lot more than simply a new seasonal lobby. :)

I should have realized that, cause not everyone will be entering this tournament, so they'll have something new to do in the meantime.

Mag_Launcher
Nov 25, 2008, 06:30 PM
Well, I can only guess "during the tournament" means "not this week", so once again another uneventful (lol) week. Forgive me if I don't cry out "OOH, navy seals SHINY THINGS" and come running after two whole months.

But then again this is the closest thing to "I ASSURE YOU WE'RE NOT DEAD" we've gotten in a while, so, awesome. -ish.

thebummers
Nov 25, 2008, 06:50 PM
I could frickin' care less about this event. Yet another distraction to make it seem like this game isn't dying when they know the only way to truly do that is adding new content. It's a sign that any updates, if they even ever happen, are going to be pushed back even farther because of ridiculous garbage like this. Nice.

Kinako78
Nov 25, 2008, 07:52 PM
I could frickin' care less about this event. Yet another distraction to make it seem like this game isn't dying when they know the only way to truly do that is adding new content. It's a sign that any updates, if they even ever happen, are going to be pushed back even farther because of ridiculous garbage like this. Nice.

*points to what she quoted in her previous post*

Pessimism is one thing. Denial, quite another.

Cracka_J
Nov 25, 2008, 10:09 PM
You do know how many times GM's have claimed to wait because things were going to get better, claimed make-up events were going to directly follow other events due to billing f-ups only to be delayed 3 months, claimed free play periods then try to double charge people they couldn't bill, claimed bi-weekly updates that ended up containing hippos and a new jukebox song then dropped off the face of the planet, and likely claimed a few other things I forgot to mention that never happened, and people STILL want to trust them?

lol, pardon me and the several others posting in this thread for taking anything they say with just a grain of salt.

unicorn
Nov 25, 2008, 10:20 PM
This is retarded, its not even a real event. I'm not taking part of this, because I do not feel like encouraging more "updates" like this. As soon as I get my techs to higher lvls, I'm cancelling my account. This is ridiculous. I took a 2 month break and virtually nothing has changed. Been back for a month, and yet nothing was added.

Leah
Nov 25, 2008, 10:21 PM
*points to what she quoted in her previous post*

Pessimism is one thing. Denial, quite another.

*does anime stuff in asterisks*

try not to get too cupset when you're let down.

-=Equilibrium=-
Nov 25, 2008, 11:10 PM
This Event Is A Absouloute Disgrace We Pay Good Money For Naff All And When Something Finally Does Come Where We Can Do Something Other Than Flaming White Beast Its Branded (US ONLY) THE US AINT THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO PLAY THIS FLAMING GAME!!!!!!! NO WONDER THE POPULATION HAS DRAMATICALLY DECRESAED ON THIS GAME WE ARE EVEN (STILL) WAITING FOR THE MASTER CLASSES AT THE STATE OF THE MANAGEMENT RUNNING THIS GAME IT SHOULD BE HALF PRICE OR EVEN FREE TO PLAY!!!!!!! THE LAST UPDATE WAS WOW A DECREASE IN SERVER NUMBERS AND OH YOU RENAMED THE REMAING 20 TO CONSTELLATIONS WOW THAT REALLY ENCOURAGES PPL TO PLAY!!! OH WHERE IS ELECTRIC CARNIVAL OH YEAH WERE STILL WAITING WHAT ABOUT THE PUMPKITRICK OH YEAH YOU SCREWED THAT UP TOO!! I SINCEARLY HOPE SEGA COMPENSATES THE PLAYERS WHO HAVE STAYED WITH THIS GAME AS THIS IS GETTING EXTREMELY RIDICULOUS!!! AND I AM MORE THAN SURE MANY OTHERS AGREE WITH WHAT I HAVE TO SAY! I MEAN WE ARE PAYING FOR SOMETHING WE ARE NOT CLEARLY GETTING WHY SHOULD WE PAY SEGA WHEN WE CAN PLAY MANY OTHER GAMES THAT CLEARLY HAVE GOOD MANAGEMENT AND KEEP THERE PLAYERS REGULARLY ENTERTAINED LIKE WORLD OF WARCRAFT, FINAL FANTASY ETC, SO I SAY AGAIN GET OFF UR BACKSIDES AND SORT THIS PROBLEM OUT BEFORE YOU HAVE NO CUSTOMERS LEFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!1:etongue:

gundam0079
Nov 25, 2008, 11:29 PM
huge wal of text. my eyes burn. lets add some enter tabs on it :D more friendly

BIGGIEstyle
Nov 26, 2008, 12:12 AM
This Event Is A Absouloute Disgrace We Pay Good Money For Naff All And When Something Finally Does Come Where We Can Do Something Other Than Flaming White Beast Its Branded (US ONLY)?
THE US AINT THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO PLAY THIS FLAMING GAME!!!!!!!

NO WONDER THE POPULATION HAS DRAMATICALLY DECRESAED! WE ARE EVEN (STILL) WAITING FOR THE MASTER CLASSES! AT THE STATE OF THE MANAGEMENT RUNNING THIS GAME IT SHOULD BE HALF PRICE OR EVEN FREE TO PLAY!!!!!!!

THE LAST UPDATE WAS WOW A DECREASE IN SERVER NUMBERS AND OH YOU RENAMED THE REMAINING 20 TO CONSTELLATIONS WOW THAT REALLY ENCOURAGES PPL TO PLAY!!!

OH WHERE IS ELECTRIC CARNIVAL? OH YEAH WERE STILL WAITING.
WHAT ABOUT THE PUMPKITRICK? OH YEAH YOU SCREWED THAT UP TOO!!

I SINCERELY HOPE SEGA COMPENSATES THE PLAYERS WHO HAVE STAYED WITH THIS GAME AS THIS IS GETTING EXTREMELY RIDICULOUS!!! AND I AM MORE THAN SURE MANY OTHERS AGREE WITH WHAT I HAVE TO SAY! I MEAN WE ARE PAYING FOR SOMETHING WE ARE CLEARLY NOT GETTING, WHY SHOULD WE PAY SEGA WHEN WE CAN PLAY MANY OTHER GAMES THAT CLEARLY HAVE GOOD MANAGEMENT AND KEEP THEIR PLAYERS REGULARLY ENTERTAINED LIKE WORLD OF WARCRAFT, FINAL FANTASY, ETC.

SO I SAY AGAIN GET OFF UR BACKSIDES AND SORT THIS PROBLEM OUT BEFORE YOU HAVE NO CUSTOMERS LEFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!:etongue:

I have fought past the wall and bring tidings of good news! There IS an opinion behind the wall! I've rescued it from many horrible misspellings, lacks of punctuation, and multiple grammatical errors!

REJOICE BRETHREN!

DreXxiN
Nov 26, 2008, 01:00 AM
*does gay anime stuff in asterisks*

ROFL.

I love you

Turb0
Nov 26, 2008, 01:35 AM

Trust me Ruby, I'd love to believe that we're guaranteed to get some real content during this thing, but Sega's track record hasn't exactly been great in recent months... I do really hope you're right about this though.

Ickyvin
Nov 26, 2008, 02:28 AM
This Event Is A Absouloute Disgrace We Pay Good Money For Naff All And When Something Finally Does Come Where We Can Do Something Other Than Flaming White Beast Its Branded (US ONLY) THE US AINT THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO PLAY THIS FLAMING GAME!!!!!!! NO WONDER THE POPULATION HAS DRAMATICALLY DECRESAED ON THIS GAME WE ARE EVEN (STILL) WAITING FOR THE MASTER CLASSES AT THE STATE OF THE MANAGEMENT RUNNING THIS GAME IT SHOULD BE HALF PRICE OR EVEN FREE TO PLAY!!!!!!! THE LAST UPDATE WAS WOW A DECREASE IN SERVER NUMBERS AND OH YOU RENAMED THE REMAING 20 TO CONSTELLATIONS WOW THAT REALLY ENCOURAGES PPL TO PLAY!!! OH WHERE IS ELECTRIC CARNIVAL OH YEAH WERE STILL WAITING WHAT ABOUT THE PUMPKITRICK OH YEAH YOU SCREWED THAT UP TOO!! I SINCEARLY HOPE SEGA COMPENSATES THE PLAYERS WHO HAVE STAYED WITH THIS GAME AS THIS IS GETTING EXTREMELY RIDICULOUS!!! AND I AM MORE THAN SURE MANY OTHERS AGREE WITH WHAT I HAVE TO SAY! I MEAN WE ARE PAYING FOR SOMETHING WE ARE NOT CLEARLY GETTING WHY SHOULD WE PAY SEGA WHEN WE CAN PLAY MANY OTHER GAMES THAT CLEARLY HAVE GOOD MANAGEMENT AND KEEP THERE PLAYERS REGULARLY ENTERTAINED LIKE WORLD OF WARCRAFT, FINAL FANTASY ETC, SO I SAY AGAIN GET OFF UR BACKSIDES AND SORT THIS PROBLEM OUT BEFORE YOU HAVE NO CUSTOMERS LEFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!1:etongue:

OMFGOD! THIS IS WHY I TRANSFERED TO PSOW, CUZ I WAS ONLY SEEING THIS IN OFFICIAL FORUMS!!! NOT HERE TOO!!!!???? OH GOD WHY!?

Oops! Yeah, I agree with this guy, please SEGA get your shyte together and help us help you get money. =D

MattTheShark
Nov 26, 2008, 02:49 AM
Considering it's just being run by the GM team, I'm actually OK with this. It's nothing new, but at least they're trying to do something, give them credit for that.

Granted, I probably won't be high enough level by then, but hey, that's what I get for disappearing for so long. =P

pikachief
Nov 26, 2008, 02:51 AM

We;re getting a new seasonal lobby this year? WHOO! YEA! YIPPEE-KY-YAY! CHRISTMAS CAME EARLY THIS YEAR, BABY!

lol >.>

VetroDrago
Nov 26, 2008, 03:12 AM
Like the majority of you, I find this idea foolish. The main negative is the population situation. Also, when I saw the "prizes", I facepalmed. If this pushes the carnival back even more, which it shouldn't, then I'll be seriously disappointed.

Tyreek
Nov 26, 2008, 04:03 AM
Sigh... *looks at the sky.* This is disheartening. The GMs can only do so much on their own. So good luck to them if they manage to pull off this event without a hitch. Ruby, don't make us regret your words.

syouz
Nov 26, 2008, 05:56 AM
who cares what u think u can still spaming white beast i l have great fun whit my friends in this pseudo event :-D

10 bucks is not good money haha

Ogni-XR21
Nov 26, 2008, 09:07 AM
Not an event for me, I'm not into time attack at all so I'm quite happy that there are no prices to win I want to have. I also haven't been playing for 2 months now (when was Neudaiz GBR?) so there is no group I could play with.

The only thing that gets me playing again atm is an event that makes me meet other players...

DAMASCUS
Nov 26, 2008, 12:07 PM
I have an idea Ruby. Instead of saying "Lightning Carnival has been delayed because it is broken" because the truth cannot be known just give us a riddle that fits the situation best from your perspective.

Something like, "When the tsunami has subsided and the black moon rises the carnival tent will go high."

bignic623
Nov 26, 2008, 02:51 PM
Sounds gud I'll come back to check it out, just need a team

LVL 140 M Cast Fortegunner

Danny_Dark
Nov 27, 2008, 02:05 PM
Danny Dark ,Human Male, Lvl. 140, Lvl. 20 Acrotecher,
searching for a Team...(Just Kidding, i'm be back in a few Weeks, when new Content comes)...

KaiNova7
Nov 27, 2008, 02:41 PM
Event sounds like fun,my cup of tea.Hope to get back online within a day or two to form a dreamstar team.

chicken105
Nov 27, 2008, 03:20 PM
I have fought past the wall and bring tidings of good news! There IS an opinion behind the wall! I've rescued it from many horrible misspellings, lacks of punctuation, and multiple grammatical errors!

REJOICE BRETHREN!
you forgot to decapitalize pretty much everything. :/

gundam0079
Nov 27, 2008, 06:28 PM
nvm was already posted

sinsemilla
Nov 29, 2008, 08:55 PM
i need some people to run with.
lvl 140 acrotecher
hit me up!

Kinako78
Dec 1, 2008, 09:14 PM
Does anybody still need another teammate? I'm still available. I'm a level 137 AT.

Genoa
Dec 1, 2008, 10:01 PM
This will be interesting...
Samurai Guns! lost someone at the last minute, had to fill in as a Fortefighter <_> (not my specialty)
*gulp* here goes D:

BahnKnakyu
Dec 1, 2008, 10:57 PM
Ruby, I have a challenge for you, and I believe I am speaking for a majority of the dissidents in this thread:

Prove us wrong.

And don't just prove us wrong once. Prove us wrong repeatedly with content updates, just like the good old days. Remember back when we were getting S2 missions at a steady pace, when people weren't quitting left and right? Don't release one thing we're missing and go "HERE YOU GO, NOW STFU AND GO AWAY". Get content to us as soon as possible, then be consistent about it. Bi-weekly, tri-weekly, monthly, WHATEVER. Our subscriptions are paying for part of your salary. Lord knows Sonic Unleashed ain't doing much to pay for it.

Help us out here. Give the community what they've been "patiently" waiting for for months. That way, we can tell our friends who quit that zomg, SoA and SoJ care about their international customers. And we can bring more people back, which at the end not only helps us, but helps you in the long run! Think about it, we might be able to turn the tables of the dwindling population and revive the game!

Or you can just do this stopgap event, publish one update, and leave the game alone and have it die a pitiful death: ala PSOBB and "Eternal Christmas" PSOX...

Kinako78
Dec 2, 2008, 09:33 AM
Nice speech. Now I have a challenge for you: STAY ON TOPIC!