PDA

View Full Version : Rumble What aligment are *you*!

CrimsomWolf
Nov 25, 2008, 04:07 AM
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg37/PkGale/ChaoticEvil.jpg

Eventually, I might post individual posters, but I don't have enought time now, being in school.

Let's choose FKL, I want to know your moral nightmares.

I'm Chaotic Evil/Neutral Evil....

And you?

Tact
Nov 25, 2008, 06:07 AM
Ian's going to say Chaotic Good, I just know it.

As for me...I'll say Neutral Good.

Nai_Calus
Nov 25, 2008, 06:23 AM
Chaotic Good with Chaotic Neutral tendancies.

http://www.iankunx.net/cg.jpg

raikomaru40
Nov 25, 2008, 07:04 AM
Chaotic Evil/True Neutral

TalHex
Nov 25, 2008, 07:26 AM
Chaotic neutral

Lance813
Nov 25, 2008, 11:13 AM
Chaotic Neutral.

Outrider
Nov 25, 2008, 12:02 PM
Chaotic Good is what you want if you want to play a good character.

It's more fun that way.

Nai_Calus
Nov 25, 2008, 02:47 PM
Actually Neutral Good is probably the best, since people tend to misinterpret it less.

Sure, the whole vigilante 'I kill all that stand in the way of good' thing has its uses, but it also veers dangerously close to, well, *not* good.

Chaotic Good as I see it, in the context of personal goals and ambitions, is all about freedom and individual rights. The problem there is that in the context of personal goals and ambitions, so are Chaotic Neutral and Chaotic Evil.

Chaotic Neutral is freedom and individual rights without regard to morality. Some people might die, you might in fact kill them yourself if it suits you, but hey, who cares, it's all about liberty, baby. You do what you want, who cares, everyone else does what they want and if it clashes too bad.

Chaotic Evil is freedom and individual rights, but coloured by evil. It's perfectly acceptable to kill someone if they annoy you. They're trampling on your rights by their existence, kill them. They pissed you off. They need to die. You might decide simply to kill someone because you CAN. Torture, murder, whatever, it's all fine as long as it's what you want to do.

Chaotic Good, then, is freedom and individual rights tempered with good. Whatever you want to do, whatever others want to do, it's all great - So long as it doesn't hurt anyone else. Live how you want, do what you want, love who you want, but the moment you intentionally hurt someone who has not wronged you, be that by actual physical hurt, mental hurts, slander, trampling on their rights, whatever, you have crossed the line. Sure, you can and sometimes must hurt those who have done wrong: Evil deeds must be punished. But there must also be mercy lest you become that which you seek to destroy.

Goverments should, in fact, fear their people. But the people should not fear each other.

So CG basically comes down to the Wiccan Rede: 'An it harm none, do what ye will'.

CN comes down to quoting Aleister Crowley: "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law".

Don't have one for CE, but you get the gist.

CG is a tricky alignment to actually do *right* It's quite easy to slip both into NG and CN territory. CN by veering a little too much on the side of 'Chaotic' and doing things that hurt others without regard to their moral consequences, NG by veering a little too much towards Lawful and accepting some limits on personal freedoms in the name of Good. Maintaining that careful balance of Good and Chaos is actually quite difficult in practice.

Of course since it is, after all, a *Chaotic* alignment, some variation might damn well be desired. >:3

Tact
Nov 25, 2008, 06:33 PM
It's more fun that way.

Chaotic anything is more fun. I mean, really, Lawful restricts you so much. :disapprove:

Ranmaru
Nov 25, 2008, 10:49 PM
I don't know what I am someone help. D: <

VanHalen
Nov 25, 2008, 10:53 PM
Lawful evil of course. At least Sord would've edited to say that for me.

Monochrome
Nov 25, 2008, 10:54 PM

Lawful Evil

edit: VH beat me by that much...

Tessu
Nov 25, 2008, 10:54 PM
Lawful Good
http://failurecasca.de/wp-content/uploads/awesome_med.png

TalHex
Nov 25, 2008, 10:57 PM
can a spammer even be Lawful Good?

Ranmaru
Nov 25, 2008, 10:57 PM
Oh very niceeeee. [/borat] :3 Hey I don't spam... that much. *evil laugh*

TalHex
Nov 25, 2008, 11:06 PM
*evil laugh*

solid proof why you can't be lawful good

Nitro Vordex
Nov 25, 2008, 11:54 PM
My alignment is parallel.

Everyone else did it wrong way before me.

Leviathan
Nov 25, 2008, 11:55 PM
Neutral good.

CrimsomWolf
Nov 26, 2008, 02:48 AM

Neutral Evil.

The laugh says it all.

Well, maybe Lawful Evil. One of the two.

Actually, Neutral Evil/Lawful Evil

Both.