PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 saving psu to the hard drive

WhiteKnight01
Nov 25, 2008, 07:07 PM
has anyone done this yet, if so has it improved the framerate at all or any other changes?

Powder Keg
Nov 25, 2008, 07:17 PM
I've heard a few people say it slows the load times a little, but didn't hear anything about tech loading.

Cavarcous
Nov 25, 2008, 07:17 PM
As far as I can tell, it doesn't run any differently. I had to attempt to save it on the hard drive three times because my PSU disc was scratched, and that was the only reason I did it. It hasn't frozen since then, which I'm extremely happy about. It takes around 7gb to save it on there, though, so I may need to get a bigger hard drive in the future.

Gobolino
Nov 25, 2008, 07:56 PM
I instaled the game and some loadings are little more fast, but its really a little. Only really works if u get your disc scratched(like me, but i didnt scratched, was a friend).

Dealer
Nov 25, 2008, 07:56 PM
It's better in lack of disc whurring and I think it loads better.

Elec
Nov 30, 2008, 03:48 PM
Yeah load times have improved, I don't know about TECHNIC stuff though.

Hiro_EtBlue
Nov 30, 2008, 04:26 PM
I don't see any significant load times increases. If my disc was not acting up, I probably would not leave it installed. I pretty much do it with most of my games now. My last Xbox only lasted a month and was a drive issue so I hope it'll help. I'm getting tired of these Xboxes breaking on me (on my 4th in two years, yayy for Best Buy product replacement).

xBladeM6x
Nov 30, 2008, 04:37 PM
There isn't too much of a difference in anything if you do download it. I did, but for the sake of keeping the console quiet and not to overheat because of the disk spinning all day. ^^

jShazBot
Nov 30, 2008, 05:14 PM
How do you people always get your PSU discs damaged? I just don't get it. Is it ONLY your PSU discs that gets scratched or do you people play Frisbee with all your games?

Zarode
Nov 30, 2008, 05:29 PM
Also, I tried it out myself, and I didn't notice any difference. Just no jet turbo fans going off. :wacko:

Mayumi
Dec 1, 2008, 04:55 AM
How do you people always get your PSU discs damaged? I just don't get it. Is it ONLY your PSU discs that gets scratched or do you people play Frisbee with all your games?
Personally I am on my 4th PSU disc at the least. I take meticulous care of my games because I know all too well that many of them will become hard to replace in a few years.

The only other game I have had trouble with on the 360 is Project Sylpheed. I have no idea why PSU keeps acting up, it's not my console as there are 4 360 consoles in this house!

WhiteKnight01
Dec 1, 2008, 12:15 PM
well if its only the noise of the fan that goes il keep mine on the disc,
I don't understand why so many people have over heating problems I keep my xbox in slot in the wall along with my wii and I never have overheating prolems, aswel as disc problems some people just grab the disc out and leave in on a table somewhere if you use the boxes try give you the discs won't break

Darius_Drake
Dec 1, 2008, 01:08 PM
I doubt it has anything to do with the installation of the game, but I have yet to not make it into the server on the first try since installing this game. Before installing it, it would take me a couple of tries to get in every blue moon. Other than that, I like the peace and quiet of the machine while I am playing this game. It is not like I am pressed for space on my hard drive.