Eleina
Nov 26, 2008, 05:31 AM
And what does NA/EU get on the 28th?!?

http://xbox360.phantasystaruniverse.jp/news/wis/?mode=view&id=230

Enjoy :)

tirith
Nov 26, 2008, 05:37 AM
google did a good translation

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fxbox360.phantasystarunive rse.jp%2Fnews%2Fwis%2F%3Fmode%3Dview%26id%3D230&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&sl=ja&tl=en

i especially like the line about the future

Chibi_psu
Nov 26, 2008, 06:24 AM
WOWWWWWWWWW best update ever for us again :D

Wiz
Nov 26, 2008, 07:57 AM
scheduled maintenance will be stopped bon appétit
Haha, I love it!

Kadajenova
Nov 26, 2008, 08:22 AM
scheduled maintenance will continue bon appétit

fixed

EspioKaos
Nov 26, 2008, 09:34 AM
Re: bon appétit

Curiosity got the best of me from so many people mentioning this in Google's translation, so I looked into it and realized where it's coming from. Google is trying to translate the verb itadakimasu by itself instead of as a polite verb ending to the real verb of the sentence. By itself, itadakimasu is an expression said before eating a meal, but when attached to a verb, it makes said verb more polite.

[/off-topic]

Now I'm expecting a Fortegunner to walk through, launch off a shot from a Song for Death and hum the "The More You Know" theme. >_>;

zensiyo
Nov 26, 2008, 10:25 AM
So , for real we getting noting ?

tirith
Nov 26, 2008, 10:35 AM
nothin for this update, i just thought it was funny the way the translator translated it

ashley50
Nov 26, 2008, 11:29 AM
So , for real we getting noting ?

yes, its for real...:)

Rayokarna
Nov 26, 2008, 11:56 AM
yes, its for real...:)

*Grabs Raiden's shirt with one hand and slaps him across the face with the other*

Stop being happy about it!

*Backhands Raiden*

SStrikerR
Nov 26, 2008, 12:01 PM
I laugh at the people who expect something. :wacko:

DAMASCUS
Nov 26, 2008, 12:02 PM
I'm hardly surprised since they're starting up their team time-attack 'event' on Monday and we have that data-maintenance to get through; what IS that about anyway?

Cracka_J
Nov 26, 2008, 12:09 PM
uh...those posts I have in here were in response to questions/comments in the jp update thread...

oh well, delete button is there for a reason

DarkEliteRico
Nov 26, 2008, 12:35 PM
google did a good translation

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fxbox360.phantasystarunive rse.jp%2Fnews%2Fwis%2F%3Fmode%3Dview%26id%3D230&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&sl=ja&tl=en

i especially like the line about the future
I nearly fell out of my chair laughing at it, Nov 28th maintenance will be stopped....future of psu. seriously what the fuck are they doing?

Darius_Drake
Nov 26, 2008, 12:42 PM
Nuff said.

DarkEliteRico
Nov 26, 2008, 12:44 PM
I'm hardly surprised since they're starting up their team time-attack 'event' on Monday and we have that data-maintenance to get through; what IS that about anyway?
It's been mission spotlight after fucking mission spotlight, now we've got a fairly lame ass time attack event instead of new content or taking care of actual game issues still pending....great going guys

EspioKaos
Nov 26, 2008, 12:53 PM
This (http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/news/wis/?mode=view&id=782) thing (http://xbox360.phantasystaruniverse.jp/news/wis/?mode=view&id=228)? Just behind-the-scenes data center system maintenance. It's already over and done with, though.

Kadajenova
Nov 26, 2008, 01:00 PM
I think a title like "no update before 2009" would suit more this shiit situation

xBladeM6x
Nov 26, 2008, 01:08 PM
Meh, back to leveling stuff. Hopefully we get something in December.

Kylie
Nov 26, 2008, 01:14 PM
Wow? The whole month... empty? What a low.

DAMASCUS
Nov 26, 2008, 01:18 PM
I keep putting off hunting Milla. This looks like a good opportunity..

Cracka_J
Nov 26, 2008, 02:06 PM
ローガン - LV1 男性のビースト、 フォース LV1 (日本語のPC版)

I lol'd.

Have fun over there.

BFGfreak
Nov 26, 2008, 02:12 PM
Meh, my xbox red ringed, so right now I could care less.

ashley50
Nov 26, 2008, 02:22 PM
*Grabs Raiden's shirt with one hand and slaps him across the face with the other*

Stop being happy about it!

*Backhands Raiden*

Im not happy *covers mouth*

also *dodges the backhand*

STRANG
Nov 26, 2008, 02:26 PM
Happy Thanksgiving Everybody. Enjoy your time off to play a game that hasn't been updated in months.

Lucky Dearly
Nov 26, 2008, 02:38 PM
Happy Thanksgiving Everybody. Enjoy your time off to play a game that hasn't been updated in months.

and probbaly never will be updated ever

EspioKaos
Nov 26, 2008, 02:43 PM
I lol'd.

Have fun over there.
You can count on it. ;) I figured I might as well take full advantage of the next three weeks' PA EXP boost so my TECHNICs won't be horribly embarrassing.

VectormanX
Nov 26, 2008, 06:29 PM
:o I can hook you up with some gear to get you going. lets meet up sometime before downtime if possible :p

Powder Keg
Nov 26, 2008, 06:44 PM
No one should have expected an update during a Holiday over here...

EspioKaos
Nov 26, 2008, 06:56 PM
:o I can hook you up with some gear to get you going. lets meet up sometime before downtime if possible :p

Cool, thanks! But I won't be able to make it before the servers go down. D: I only decided to make the jump today while I was at work, so I wasn't able to start the game download (only ver.1 for now, I'll get AOTI when it becomes available on December 11) until I got home about an hour ago. Right now it looks like I've got about four to five hours before all of the files are done, but maintenance will begin in about two hours. I still need to finish setting up my account, anyway, but I should be on at some point tomorrow.

VectormanX
Nov 26, 2008, 06:59 PM
Alrightry :D Just send me a PM when you want to meet up.

Yusaku_Kudou
Nov 26, 2008, 07:30 PM
Hullo, Thanksgiving weekend... Black Friday. People who get paid salaries don't work on Holidays usually, this includes Sega's staff.

Alecc
Nov 26, 2008, 07:50 PM
Hullo, Thanksgiving weekend... Black Friday. People who get paid salaries don't work on Holidays usually, this includes Sega's staff.

apparently sega has been on holidays for a few months now... :D

Inazuma
Nov 26, 2008, 08:08 PM
oh wow. espio finally decided to come to the jp ver. im surprised it took you this long. i wanna meet up w/ you too. message me on msn or aim whenever you're available. よろしくな!

cheapgunner
Nov 26, 2008, 08:13 PM
With the way things have been going around the us/eu servers, I might have to think about jumping this failboat to jp servers. If I decide to jump boat, I pm you too Inazuma. u.u

Tyreek
Nov 26, 2008, 08:31 PM
Have fun with MAG+ Espio.

unicorn
Nov 26, 2008, 08:38 PM
This is a shame. Another cool person moving to JP. I might just move too.... ugh. The only thing keeping me back is my sister (who recently made an account just to play with me).

EspioKaos
Nov 26, 2008, 09:00 PM
I'd always flirted with the idea of moving, but I hated the idea of having to start from scratch. However, with all PA EXP payout being increased for the next three weeks, I figured that would be perfect since it would take a bit of the edge off of the more time-intensive tasks of the game. Even though I won't have AOTI until it's available for download in December, I'll still be able to take advantage of the bonus since it (to my surprise) carries over to ver.1 missions. Besides, my local subscription expires next month, so if there's nothing new on this side, I won't be missing much. I don't plan on completely abandoning the English version, of course. Since we're so far behind Japan, that would mean I'd miss out on three events, which I'd prefer not to do. So, you can expect me to show back up whenever those begin.

SStrikerR
Nov 26, 2008, 09:34 PM
Meh, my xbox red ringed, so right now I couldn't care less.
Pet peeve. Biggest one actually, go figure.

That sucks.

Dark Emerald EXE
Nov 26, 2008, 09:50 PM
Wow? The whole month... empty? What a low.

On a side note 3,600 post :-o CONGRATS lol

Exploited
Nov 26, 2008, 11:04 PM
Holy Hell!! Ive been selected for Playstation Home testing!!!!

Finally something to do, lol.

Here is what the mail says and masking the code.

WELCOME TO HOME BETA
Dear PlayStation®Network member,

Congratulations, you have been selected to help beta test PlayStation®Home!

We appreciate your help in making the PlayStation®Home experience the best it can be! Please log in to Home this evening from 5 PM - 7 PM PST for a big celebration of
Version 1.0 and a load test of our new features.

How to download
After you have signed in with your PlayStation®Network Account:
- Go to the PlayStation®Store on the PLAYSTATION 3 system XMB™ (XrossMediaBar)
- Select "Redeem Codes"
- Enter the code (below)
- Click "Continue"
- The download will be available on the next screen

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Please note: The unique code is case sensitive and must be entered exactly as displayed.

Thank you for your continued support of the PlayStation®Network, and we look forward to seeing you in PlayStation®Home.

Yours truly,

The PlayStation®Network
Sony Computer Entertainment America

Tyreek
Nov 26, 2008, 11:33 PM
Ooo congrats. Tell us how it goes.

Exploited
Nov 27, 2008, 12:28 AM
Thanks, it looks like this is going to download tons of stuff, Im trying to go into the lobby and it wants to download a 35MB file before I enter. Right now the download it slow but I have 2 other PC running atm.

I upgraded to a 160GIG drive, but debating if I should get a 250, 320 or 500 GIG drive upgrade.

DarthLasek
Nov 27, 2008, 03:47 AM
Stop starting new no update threads XP...Just add them on to the threads from each of the past 2 months XD

Danny_Dark
Nov 27, 2008, 07:05 AM
This is an great "Update"...(Sarcasm)...

Sinue_v2
Nov 27, 2008, 09:19 AM
Stop starting new no update threads XP...Just add them on to the threads from each of the past 2 months XD

Why not just make one single "No Updates this week" thread and sticky it at the top of the page.

ike239
Nov 27, 2008, 09:33 AM
Its sad that week after week we US/EU PSU players wait anxiously for updates week after week to find nothing is going to happen. I mean what is the point of paying 10 dollars a month just for bs....

Ryna
Nov 27, 2008, 09:45 AM
Why not just make one single "No Updates this week" thread and sticky it at the top of the page.

I'm not that cynical yet. I'd like to think we'll be getting some sort of update early in December.

For the people that want to complain, we have a Rants forum.

Uber_Noob
Nov 27, 2008, 09:50 AM
Well,I have till Dec 26 till my subscription expires if nothing,then it's adios PSU...there hae been some fun times.but not enough anymore to shell out $10 a month.

Cracka_J
Nov 27, 2008, 10:44 AM
only ver.1 for now, I'll get AOTI when it becomes available on December 11

Wait, wait...they're putting AOTIjp version up for download as well?

Man, if we only had that kind of easy access system, there might still be a good chunk of players on na/eu pc/ps2. Yes, there are alternate means...but some people like the thought of legally downloading something without a chance of receiving a HD corrupting virus as a bonus.

Raveno
Nov 27, 2008, 11:24 AM
hey I got a question

right now my PSU account is suspended bc I got a 20 dollar ballance

now if I pay just 10 bucks, will it be activated again? or will I have to pay the balance plus 10 dollars? (30 bucks)

so as along as the balance isn't 19.99 it will be activated?

Seority
Nov 27, 2008, 01:17 PM
Re: bon appétit

Curiosity got the best of me from so many people mentioning this in Google's translation, so I looked into it and realized where it's coming from. Google is trying to translate the verb itadakimasu by itself instead of as a polite verb ending to the real verb of the sentence. By itself, itadakimasu is an expression said before eating a meal, but when attached to a verb, it makes said verb more polite.

[/off-topic]

Now I'm expecting a Fortegunner to walk through, launch off a shot from a Song for Death and hum the "The More You Know" theme. >_>;

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h106/Seority/rnbow.jpg

engelsein
Nov 28, 2008, 03:50 AM
hmmm now im kinda glad my account was canceled. o well ill be on Soul Calibur if anyone needs me(or wants to play me) PSN: Engel24

Kion
Nov 28, 2008, 07:32 AM
Since we're so far behind Japan, that would mean I'd miss out on three events, which I'd prefer not to do. So, you can expect me to show back up whenever those begin.

So i guess we`ll see you back around here in about two years. If you get you`re character going, honestly i doubt you`ll be back. There are pretty much three events in between the time we get one, and Sega has even started recycling, so you`ll probably see them sometime in the future. There`s not much reason to be grinding your NA character as you won`t be using it.

I wonder if it would be possible to for ST to transfer character data or simply merge the freaking servers. Even with boosted pa exp, i`m not a fan of levelign alot of skills up to 31+. So far I`ve been sticking to the NA servers for the group i run with. But if no one`s on, i guess there`s no point. I still enjoy the game and if JP actually get`s updates....

I`ve been considdering getting my PS fix with zero this winter and switching to another MMO. With sega it looks like the GM`s on our side are doing as much as they can to keep the game going. The events suck; granted, but I`m sure they have limited resources. Where`s the ball fallign through with our content?

Cracka_J
Nov 28, 2008, 01:03 PM
I`ve been considdering getting my PS fix with zero this winter and switching to another MMO. With sega it looks like the GM`s on our side are doing as much as they can to keep the game going. The events suck; granted, but I`m sure they have limited resources. Where`s the ball fallign through with our content?

Now don't go taking this as anti-360 post, I have one, love it, and play it on a near daily basis. But the fact is with pc/ps2 jp there is no online content verification/certification process. They don't have to submit anything to anyone to update the game. They just do it as they please.

With NA/EU, Sega wants to keep pc/ps2 and 360 on equal update ground, meaning even if they could just go and update pc/ps2 (which they should just do anyway considering our population >.>), they'd still have to wait for microsoft verification. If microsoft denies verification, they have to start the whole submittal process all over again, which from what I've heard, is nearly a 2-3 week backorder on microsofts end.

That, to me, explains when things get caught with early with bugs, they seem to be delayed indefinitely. The whole submittal/verification process has to start all over, and since they want to keep things even, both 360 and pc/ps2 get the shaft. It sucks, and I don't particularly understand the reason for the thinking since we are on SEPERATE SERVERS. If the worst thing that happens is some 360 people defect to pc/ps2, I don't really see that as a bad thing. We have like maybe 50 people that still play the game consistently, lol.

Sinue_v2
Nov 29, 2008, 09:38 AM
I don't think Microsoft Verification holds things up THAT long, and even so - this is nothing that couldn't be worked around with a little bit of foresight and planning.

Besides, doesn't Microsoft Verification only apply to the updates that Microsoft themselves host on XBL (you know, how it disconnects you from XBL and updates a game). I'm not sure, but don't patches that are applied server-side only really have to meet Sega QA standards? I mean, surely if PSU has to do this, then wouldn't FFXI and other (are there any?) crossplatform games also have to deal with it, and do they?

Zorak000
Nov 29, 2008, 02:03 PM
___

I laugh at the people who expect something. :wacko:
___

ChaosAngel92
Nov 29, 2008, 02:38 PM
I laugh at the people who expect something.

______

Totori
Nov 30, 2008, 05:43 AM
We haven't had a maintenance since I don't know I really feel like sega should do one

ChronoTrigga
Nov 30, 2008, 08:11 AM
Go to japan and ask them to send us updates.

Delete
Nov 30, 2008, 11:38 AM
We haven't had a matene since I don't know I really feel like sega should do one

NOw now, we all know we only get one update a year, so we probably wont be seeing anything til next year, this time attack thing is a lazy attempt at a so called event, but all your doing is getting a friggin metal. And yet people are eating it up with a spoon and some ketchup.

afterthoughtz
Nov 30, 2008, 11:53 AM
PSU is a sinking ship, we all know it

ashley50
Nov 30, 2008, 12:29 PM
We haven't had a matene since I don't know I really feel like sega should do one

sorry but, what word is that?

pikachief
Nov 30, 2008, 12:32 PM
i still remember when sept. was a possibility for the mission carnival :) now next year is a possiblility -_-

Svaltus
Nov 30, 2008, 12:54 PM

If you believe in any god then prayer,prayer and prayer! This is only hope wait any update!

I Still play PSU but only for take bullets,skills and techs for level 40, if after i finish this(may final december) dont come any update may i be back play PSO Blue Burst again!

BFGfreak
Nov 30, 2008, 01:27 PM
I don't think Microsoft Verification holds things up THAT long, and even so - this is nothing that couldn't be worked around with a little bit of foresight and planning.

Besides, doesn't Microsoft Verification only apply to the updates that Microsoft themselves host on XBL (you know, how it disconnects you from XBL and updates a game). I'm not sure, but don't patches that are applied server-side only really have to meet Sega QA standards? I mean, surely if PSU has to do this, then wouldn't FFXI and other (are there any?) crossplatform games also have to deal with it, and do they?

He's got a point there, also, this was pretty much a non-issue for a whole year. In addition, if it's simply some bugs that need ironing out, wouldn't the JP version have those same bugs, which brings it back to the developer.

Delete
Nov 30, 2008, 01:43 PM
sorry but, what word is that?

Ya mean you havent heard of a matene? Its a real word

yhttp://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/matene

I totally just looked that up of course.

Kylie
Nov 30, 2008, 02:14 PM
i still remember when sept. was a possibility for the mission carnival :) now next year is a possiblility -_-
I remember when August was a possibility, but that was before MAG2. :(

Yunfa
Nov 30, 2008, 03:16 PM
Hopefully carnival will hit us for Winter's holiday. 2 more weeks of school until this semester is over, having the long waited event will be a nice reward after finals. If not then my 360 will collect dust over my 3 week winter break. :D

jShazBot
Nov 30, 2008, 05:19 PM
Wait, what?

Alecc
Dec 1, 2008, 04:56 AM
i highly doubt we´ll get anything til late january.
Best case scenario: they keep an eye on jp event (MAG + ), then holidays for everyone, then in january they go back to work, and obviously work on something new to jp servers. Maybe, if we are lucky enough, they´ll find some time to care about US servers by the end of january.
And since SOA apparently doesn´t care enough either, we are stuck with the 'gurhal great cup', and mission spotlights (it´s important to say that they couldnt´keep even THAT on a weekly basis).