PDA

View Full Version : Why are people still at WB?

Costa
Nov 27, 2008, 01:55 PM
I require aid.

A rational explanation.

A goddamn justifcation.

Why are people still exclusively running White Beast?

PepperCat
Nov 27, 2008, 01:57 PM
Best rewards for time spent.

/thread.

Costa
Nov 27, 2008, 01:58 PM
Rewards, item-wise. Not bloody entertainment-wise. I'm surprised half the PSU playerbase havn't turned into vegetables by this point.

HyperShot-X-
Nov 27, 2008, 02:01 PM
S2, PF, more ppl = better chance to find party, there4 better chance to find rare mission.
(personally think there should be more ppl at Bladed Legacy than it used to be.)

RAGNAGELPPOD
Nov 27, 2008, 03:08 PM

/thread.

This.

Neith
Nov 27, 2008, 03:15 PM
Rewards, item-wise. Not bloody entertainment-wise. I'm surprised half the PSU playerbase havn't turned into vegetables by this point.

Considering half the PSU playerbase have quit or plan on doing so, that doesn't surprise me :lol:

Another answer would be that there aren't enough people left (at least on PC/PS2) to reliably get games anywhere else.

Genoa
Nov 27, 2008, 03:16 PM
It's rather simple. Many people want EXP, MP, or are looking for the drops that WB has to offer.
Others follow simply because they want to play with people, and that's where people are at.
It's easy in terms of difficulty and is quite predictable.
Good reward, easy mission, biggest population... all reasons as to why people still run White Beast.
Duh D: lol
I mean come on, it's not really a "stupid" mission or anything. It's just been played waaay to often. I'm sure if you ran Plains of Overlord a million times back in the day you'd say the same thing. (I still think I've done more Plains of Overlord than I have WB)

Besides, if you really dislike it, don't play it :D
There's plenty of good missions that have semi-decent rewards, good drops, and God-forbid... are just plain fun :O !!!
The only way you're really going to find a party outside of WB is if it's locked (lol) or you play with friends.... but anyways :P
*continues running WB to level up last character*

ashley50
Nov 27, 2008, 04:23 PM
its the easiest place to find where people gatehr at. Decent drops and exp/mp

its like a bomb shelter...

Noblewine
Nov 27, 2008, 05:00 PM
Its for the meseta/MP. The map is easy and I guess people prefer a mission with little challenge to enjoy the game. If your bored just run something else.

Alecc
Nov 27, 2008, 05:37 PM

/thread.

this.

Genoa
Nov 27, 2008, 05:45 PM
Oh wow, I also forgot another reason why...
PSU has a HORRENDOUS way of communication. There isn't some kind of "world" chat or what not. It's not like we can just be wherever and shout out "who wants to do Electronic Brain S??"
You'd have to go to the pavilion of air and try and steal people and even then you don't get people that are in other lobbies or their rooms =/

Costa
Nov 27, 2008, 05:54 PM
I can see the point in running a mission over and over again for meseta and such. But when it's been run constantly for, excluding events, over six months, SOMEONE must agree that it's beginning to get far-out-the-ass boring.

I realise there's no communication in the game itself, but there is on these forums. Surely it is possible to organise doing other missions amongst ourselves.

Also, to whoever renamed my topic, please don't make spelling mistakes and make ME look like an idiot.

Commodity
Nov 27, 2008, 06:01 PM
I can see the point in running a mission over and over again for meseta and such. But when it's been run constantly for, excluding events, over six months, SOMEONE must agree that it's beginning to get far-out-the-ass boring.
Why did you bother asking for a reason if you're going to deny the only good one?

They're running it to personally spite you.

Costa
Nov 27, 2008, 06:03 PM
It was a rhetorical question, mostly. I'm really trying to convince people to do other missions. For the benefit of those of us who don't enjoy getting a character to 140 for the sake of it, and want to have fun in the process.

Commodity
Nov 27, 2008, 06:05 PM
It was a rhetorical question, mostly. I'm really trying to convince people to do other missions. For the benefit of those of us who don't enjoy getting a character to 140 for the sake of it, and want to have fun in the process.
Make friends then, I have no problem running any mission in the game with 2 or 3 friends.

Yeah, we shouldn't have to do this to be able to play missions more than WB, but this is no different than PSO when ST stopped caring, so I don't care.

Kylie
Nov 27, 2008, 06:19 PM
Like others have basically said, easy mode. The mission spotlight was a nice thought, but they pick missions no one wants to do too often. Plus, it still doesn't address the issue that WB is too easy. With our population at an all-time low, it's too difficult to find open runs anywhere else for people that don't have friends on, so most people stay there.

Genoa
Nov 27, 2008, 07:36 PM
We'll have our little event, get our Master classes, flock to the easy MP for leveling those Master classes, then... who knows xD
It should be much easier to hunt things in my opinion as these master classes. I know after I get my MF 20 I'll vanish into the Sakura Blast to get lvl.41+ techs.

Seority
Nov 27, 2008, 08:32 PM
PSU is ment for grinding levels, PAs and weapons.
Not for running missions and having fun doing otherwise. (Not anymore at least lol.)
Let's just say after you get everything you want on the game, which isn't too hard btw, there's no real reason to play anymore. With the events never occuring, there's nothing more to do.

Raveno
Nov 27, 2008, 11:20 PM
well when I want to level up the fastest, I want a party of people..and the only place I can consistantly find big parties is WB :(

they should fix WB where it isn't as attractive to SPAM..one mission should never be a game

RAGNAGELPPOD
Nov 28, 2008, 12:45 AM
well when I want to level up the fastest, I want a party of people..and the only place I can consistantly find big parties is WB :(

they should fix WB where it isn't as attractive to SPAM..one mission should never be a game

Well a better suggestion would be to make the other missions MORE attractive. Like, make the monsters at the holy grounds s2 be 100+ so that theres a chance for p wand to drop, or perhaps make it so that serafi-senba ( the number one reason why I play there since its the most appealing armor for a CAST protranser, to me at least) drops in more places than white beasts.

desturel
Nov 28, 2008, 12:46 AM
Bah, the White Beast people are okay. Most of my friends lists runs Plains Overlord / Sleeping Warriors when they are online.

I have to drag them out to Sakura Blast to help with my ongoing Milla hunts. :)

50 cactus chairs and counting.

DreXxiN
Nov 28, 2008, 01:32 AM
People run WB for MP sometimes because the community in general is too incompetent to play Egg Thieves and generally disregard any mission that requires any of the following:

1. Tactics
2.Teamwork
3. Challenging Monsters
4. Attentiveness
5. Intuition
6. Adjustment
7. Moderate functionality of the Parietal Lobe.

RAGNAGELPPOD
Nov 28, 2008, 01:55 AM
People run WB for MP sometimes because the community in general is too incompetent to play Egg Thieves and generally disregard any mission that requires any of the following:

1. Tactics
2.Teamwork
3. Challenging Monsters
4. Attentiveness
5. Intuition
6. Adjustment
7. Moderate functionality of the Parietal Lobe.

1- A just-attacked majarra
2- Two people using just attacked Majarra
3- Grinna bete S, pre-nerfed bees from the front, with an axe.
4- I suppose catching the name of a mob before its wiped out in under 5 seconds
5- Only women have this right?
6- A just-attacked Majarra (from behind ths time)
7- The parietal lobe plays important roles in integrating sensory information from various parts of the body, knowledge of numbers and their relations[1], and in the manipulation of objects. Portions of the parietal lobe are involved with visuospatial processing. Although multisensory in nature, the posterior parietal cortex is often referred to by vision scientists as the dorsal stream of vision (as opposed to the ventral stream in the temporal lobe). This dorsal stream has been called both the 'where' stream (as in spatial vision)[2] and the 'how' stream (as in vision for action)[3].

A copypasta from wiki.
I didn't quite understand it the first time I read it so I guess my lobe must be on standby mode.

desturel
Nov 28, 2008, 02:54 AM

Grinna Bete S = Bogga Zubba/Tornado Dance/Majarra. 7 of them spawn in Endrum Remnants. It's pretty easy to practice up there.

Pre-nerfed Bees = Jabroga. Jabroga doesn't miss.

Pre-nerf bees actually had less HP. When they lowered their evasion they raised their HP. The Bel Pannon nerf was almost as annoying. Pre-nerf Bel Pannon were a bit stronger than Kakwane currently are, with the added ability to jump over you. Actually they may have been the same strength as the current Kakwane, but since we get class levels up to 20 now instead of 10, I just think they are weaker.

<-- Full time techer at the time of the bee nerf. Noticed they took longer to kill after the nerf effectively making bee missions a longer to solo as a FT. :( (like FT needed something else to make their solo times slower back in v1 days)

DreXxiN
Nov 28, 2008, 03:30 AM
When bees were pre-nerfed, jabroga missed.

Parietal Lobe controls visionary and coordinary actions. Lol wiki.

And even though your post was mocking mine, that was pretty damn funny XD

desturel
Nov 28, 2008, 04:05 AM
When bees were pre-nerfed, jabroga missed.

Jabroga doesn't miss. :)

The Bee nerf (http://psupedia.info/Updates/April_2007) happened long before Jabroga was released (http://psupedia.info/Updates/September_2007). Redda and Dugrega miss. Jabroga does not. :)

DreXxiN
Nov 28, 2008, 04:18 AM
Jabroga doesn't miss. :)

The Bee nerf (http://psupedia.info/Updates/April_2007) happened long before Jabroga was released (http://psupedia.info/Updates/September_2007). Redda and Dugrega miss. Jabroga does not. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dkm2fuxp1ug&feature=related

Seority
Nov 28, 2008, 07:20 AM

1. A functioning brain.

fix'd

desturel
Nov 28, 2008, 07:55 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dkm2fuxp1ug&feature=related

Lol, Jabroga is an instant double hit from behind on all non boss creatures. Bees could be hit from behind (not that any of you FFs took the time to get behind bees). Thus Jabroga would not miss bees. You find me a video with Jabroga missing ANY normal creature and I might begin to think that it does miss.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnQcA9zsLak

or if you prefer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ec-earJ2ug

and of course
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1V7Q_bxmTnw

Seority
Nov 28, 2008, 12:13 PM
desturel is a good example of how far PSU has fallen.
People like him refuse to believe that PSU was anything other then easy mode =/

dexter_safe
Nov 28, 2008, 02:14 PM
psu was prolly never hard in the first place it was just annoying more than anything else. it's just not as annoying. neither is psu fun anymore even if u did other missions aswell presides wb.

Magus_84
Nov 28, 2008, 02:17 PM

How does this address the fact that Jabroga's ATA mod is glitched to not have an effect on any normal critter? >_> Oh, right. It doesn't.

What PSU was has no bearing on what it is now. Other than making people masochistic enough to play back then feel like they have a sense of entitlement in insulting newer players. If you want challenge, go solo Bladed Legacy with a FT.

People play White Beast because (other) people are there. Those people are there because it is the only place to get a drop of the best all-round armor in the game, one that Casts of several classes need to be able to equip their "I Win" button along with an arm unit and status protection. It's also the only place to get Hizeri/Mind, probably the "best" head unit for any non-techer (if anyone cares).

Since it's on Neudaiz, and since a ton of people run it, it's also probably the best place to hunt for Phantom Fissure, which is the only place to get Red/Knight. The best arm unit currently available, no matter how much it's overvalued (lol 3 stacks).

Since neither Seed Express or the Parum AoI S2 missions have come out, there's no good replacement for either Serafi-Senba or Red/Knight.

WB also has some of the best MP, meseta and exp rewards currently going. And it can be done with at least half the team asleep.

Good rewards + easy mission + ease of finding parties in a game whose population is going down faster than SoA fanboys on SoJ = pretty much the only thing people will play.

If you want to complain about White Beast, try manipulating the market or people's opinions so Serafi-Senbas and Red/Knights lose value.

Until then, you're not going to be able to drag people away.

DarthLasek
Nov 28, 2008, 02:24 PM
1- A just-attacked majarra
2- Two people using just attacked Majarra
4- I suppose catching the name of a mob before its wiped out in under 5 seconds
5- Only women have this right?
6- A just-attacked Majarra (from behind ths time)
7- The parietal lobe plays important roles in integrating sensory information from various parts of the body, knowledge of numbers and their relations[1], and in the manipulation of objects. Portions of the parietal lobe are involved with visuospatial processing. Although multisensory in nature, the posterior parietal cortex is often referred to by vision scientists as the dorsal stream of vision (as opposed to the ventral stream in the temporal lobe). This dorsal stream has been called both the 'where' stream (as in spatial vision)[2] and the 'how' stream (as in vision for action)[3].

A copypasta from wiki.
I didn't quite understand it the first time I read it so I guess my lobe must be on standby mode.

XD...you forgot about AF's spamming chikki

DreXxiN
Nov 28, 2008, 02:33 PM
Lol true.

Your argument was that Jabroga "doesn't miss". Now your argument is that "melee PA's don't miss if you attack from behind in general"

Shinko
Nov 28, 2008, 02:39 PM
How does this address the fact that Jabroga's ATA mod is glitched to not have an effect on any normal critter? >_> Oh, right. It doesn't.

What PSU was has no bearing on what it is now. Other than making people masochistic enough to play back then feel like they have a sense of entitlement in insulting newer players. If you want challenge, go solo Bladed Legacy with a FT.

People play White Beast because (other) people are there. Those people are there because it is the only place to get a drop of the best all-round armor in the game, one that Casts of several classes need to be able to equip their "I Win" button along with an arm unit and status protection. It's also the only place to get Hizeri/Mind, probably the "best" head unit for any non-techer (if anyone cares).

Since it's on Neudaiz, and since a ton of people run it, it's also probably the best place to hunt for Phantom Fissure, which is the only place to get Red/Knight. The best arm unit currently available, no matter how much it's overvalued (lol 3 stacks).

Since neither Seed Express or the Parum AoI S2 missions have come out, there's no good replacement for either Serafi-Senba or Red/Knight.

WB also has some of the best MP, meseta and exp rewards currently going. And it can be done with at least half the team asleep.

Good rewards + easy mission + ease of finding parties in a game whose population is going down faster than SoA fanboys on SoJ = pretty much the only thing people will play.

If you want to complain about White Beast, try manipulating the market or people's opinions so Serafi-Senbas and Red/Knights lose value.

Until then, you're not going to be able to drag people away.

I completely agree with this. You couldn't of sum it up better. All the people that keep asking the same question about WB needs to just read this.

This post should be in a sticky topic with no reply and should be name why people run WB. Then maybe people would stop asking why. But know people they would still ask why

DreXxiN
Nov 28, 2008, 03:03 PM
I agree it is the best WELL ROUNDED Mission yes.

-There is a better MP mission (More than one actually)

-Hizeri/Mind. Try it on. Take it off. Take a foie blast from an enemy. Honestly...HONESTLY?

-Definitely one of the slowest POSSIBLE ways to get PF.

-If you've ever actively played an event, unless you hold back, XP is taken care of

- Shinji's already been monopolizing serafi-senbas, that's why after GBR you guys are still buying them for 20 mil+.

psu was prolly never hard in the first place Wrong. you could CHOOSE your difficulty level. Now you have 3 choices: Easy, Long, Annoying.

So yes, the only reason people are there are pretty much people/alts and OCCASIONALLY a lucky Serafi-Senba

I completely agree with this. You couldn't of sum it up better. All the people that keep asking the same question about WB needs to just read this. Heaven forbid people either:
A) Man the fuck up and ask if the party wants to go elsewhere
B) Actually plays the game for FUN!!! Instead of just rewards

I understand the joy of building up your character, but your serafi-senba isn't doing shit with those low percent weapons and low leveled PA's I'm seeing everyone there have for the most part, so PLEASE validate your defense of White Beast furthermore before requesting a sticky. *Facepalm*

And I'm sorry, doing WHITE BEAST with a party of SIX? I really hope you aren't being hopeful for a Red / Knight..I mean..seriously.

Shinko
Nov 28, 2008, 03:17 PM
Heaven forbid people either:

I understand the joy of building up your character, but your serafi-senba isn't doing shit with those low percent weapons and low leveled PA's I'm seeing everyone there have for the most part, so PLEASE validate your defense of White Beast furthermore before requesting a sticky. *Facepalm*

And I'm sorry, doing WHITE BEAST with a party of SIX? I really hope you aren't being hopeful for a Red / Knight..I mean..seriously.

Ok dude I understand what you mean but always complaining or ask why people go there isn't going to change anything. ppl are still going to keep going. Thats the whole point i'm trying to get at.

neilp4453
Nov 28, 2008, 03:20 PM
It is because of the way this game works. Each place has up to S or S2 difficulty and due to the inability of Sega to balance, people find the easiest place to level. They then stick there.

You aren't forced to go to a new area to continue gaining levels or experience at a decent pace so people stick to where they are.

Only the people that realize they have shitty gear go elsewhere.

In the end...it all comes down to the fact Sega sucks.

desturel
Nov 28, 2008, 03:38 PM

Huh? Maybe you missed the part where I said I soloed as a force at first and then as a fortetecher. A single run of Rainbow Beast would take up to two hours to complete between the Goshin (aka up down, down up, up down, down down up worms) and killing Olgohmon with the longbow in the last block since you couldn't afford to get close enough to use foie with three of them standing around (Damfoie didn't flinch back then although taking damage cancelled their attack animation... sometimes... it was too dangerous to use constantly).

Bees were very easy for techers as they died to Diga/Damdiga very quickly. The only problem would be if you got stunned, but that's why you had NPC to be fodder.

The hardest part of Desert Goliath were the three Grinna Bete C that spawned in every second room, not the Grinna Bete S in the last room. The three GBC could lock you in place by blocking their machine gun fire while the other two hit you from the side.

Grinna Bete S were less of a problem. They spawn in groups of three. The missile one, the sword one and the machine gun one.

The machine gun one was the most annoying since it would cause you to block and then get hit by the attacks initiated by the other two. It was basically hit and run tactics when fighting them. You run in, hit the machine gun one a couple of times with diga, run away, repeat. Not hard. Tedious, but not hard. The missiles could be dodged after throwing two diga once you got the timing down. The sword one was always random so you hoped it would beat up on Laia or Lou. If the sword one started chasing you while you were attacking the Machine gun one, run out of the room until they (or until the finish murdering Laia and Lou). It required patience and knowledge of their attack patterns.

Speaking of tedious, Demons Above back pre-map nerf days where you had to spend an hour mowing through Tengohg with only a longbow only to face a boss with purple lightning that could one hit kill you. The most time consuming map for me to deal with was actually Grove of Fanatics where killing three Armed Servant (Ozuna) could take 30 minutes by itself since they would constantly cast resta while you were attempting to kill them. Grav Hit and later jusei-shiki were the only ways to easily take them out as a solo techer. No nosdiga/zonde/megid to stun/knock them over. Just foie, grav spells and hoping they didn't start chain reaction resta.

No I did not think PSU was always easy mode. I'm stating that Jabroga does not miss. That is all.

desturel
Nov 28, 2008, 03:41 PM
If you want challenge, go solo Bladed Legacy with a FT.

Been there, done that. Stand in the corner with Regrant and use NPCs as foie shields. Now if you mean complete solo without NPC, then yes, that is hard.

Magus_84
Nov 28, 2008, 04:21 PM
-There is a better MP mission (More than one actually)

Yes, but is there a better MP + Exp + Meseta + possible drops mission?

I agree it is the best WELL ROUNDED Mission yes.

Apparently not.

-Hizeri/Mind. Try it on. Take it off. Take a foie blast from an enemy. Honestly...HONESTLY?

Hence why best was in quotes, and why I threw on that "if anyone cares" bit at the end. Regardless of how useful it is, people will pay for it like it is useful.

-If you've ever actively played an event, unless you hold back, XP is taken care of

And the last time we had an event was...when, again? People who didn't max everything out in the event might still need exp. Or want it for alts. Or that one person who got their friend to join and wants to help them level. Or something.

-Definitely one of the slowest POSSIBLE ways to get PF.

More people in the party = higher chances to get PF. Longer time spent in the mission = higher chances to get PF. (up to 30 minutes, at least five minutes in the mission to qualify) Where to find more people, again?

See psupedia for more info on the above. The method of finding rare free missions has been modified as follows:

* There is no need to disband after completing a mission, as only the current party leader will see a rare mission.
* The more party members you have, the higher your chances of finding a rare mission.
* Your chances of finding a rare mission also increase depending on the amount of time spent in a mission. However, spending more than thirty minutes in a mission will not increase your chances above the maximum probability. Also, if less than five minutes are spent in a single mission, there is no chance of a rare mission appearing.
* If players join mid-mission, in order for their play time to go toward increasing the chances of finding a rare mission, they must have been in the mission for at least 80% of the total time spent.

http://psupedia.info/Updates/June_2008

-And I'm sorry, doing WHITE BEAST with a party of SIX? I really hope you aren't being hopeful for a Red / Knight..I mean..seriously.

It's a choice between never getting PF and having an abysmal rate, or getting PF more often and having an absymal rate divided by 6. Either way, you're not going to find it unless you have lottery-par luck. But that's why people pay three stacks for it. There's also the whole "getting more exp, meseta and MP from a PF, even with no Red/Knight drop" thing.

- Shinji's already been monopolizing serafi-senbas, that's why after GBR you guys are still buying them for 20 mil+.

Not I, said the Human Guntecher. I like my Storm Lines and Rabol Lebfas. I did find 3 Serafi-Senba boards during GBR. Sold one, gave one to a friend, failed one.

-I understand the joy of building up your character, but your serafi-senba isn't doing shit with those low percent weapons and low leveled PA's I'm seeing everyone there have for the most part, so PLEASE validate your defense of White Beast furthermore before requesting a sticky. *Facepalm*

Ok, let me break this paragraph out and try to translate it:

I understand the joy of building up your character
So you're with me on "best all-round MP/EXP/Meseta" being a valid potential draw?

but your serafi-senba isn't doing shit
Actually, if you have one, it would. Regardless of the bawwing, it's still the best-all-round armor we currently have. A shitty percents Serafi is still better than a shitty percents Shinowa Line, for instance.

with those low percent weapons
Which they could replace with better versions once they have the money to buy them. Which they could get from White Beast or PF. Or selling the overpriced stuff that drops there. Unless this is just venting Elitist RAEG as the first part of a combo.

and low leveled PA's
Which go naturally with having a low leveled character in need of MP, Meseta and Exp. Or a character who's done as you suggested and maxed out their exp and job levels during the events that we have so many of. Yes, there are far better ways to spam level most PAs. But that's about as boring as spamming White Beast, without the liquid rewards that can be used to improve on the gear problem you mentioned above.

I'm seeing everyone there have for the most part
Except you, of course. All those people who speed-leveled their EXP and Job Levels during the event (per your suggestion) still need a few other components to complete before they've burned themselves out on PSU, regardless of if they're 140/20.

so PLEASE validate your defense of White Beast

My original post was less a "defense" and more an "explanation". I go there to help friends level at their request (since it is the fastest and most well-rounded of the missions we have, even according to you), but I don't regularly play it. Or play in public games, for that matter.

furthermore before requesting a sticky. *Facepalm*

Translation: "I'm an elitist, so I facepalm at you and your explanations of stuff I'll admit yet not consciously acknowledge that I admit".

-So yes, the only reason people are there are pretty much people/alts and OCCASIONALLY a lucky Serafi-Senba

Sounds like two great reasons to me. If you can stand the mission, which obviously most people can.

- Heaven forbid people either:
I do. I'm sure other people do, if they don't have a solid group of friends. But ignoring that's obviously more convenient to your argument, so I'll let it go.

That'd be that elitism, again. If you're playing the game, you've gotta level PAs and get cash somewhere. Not getting any rewards when you're grinding through the same stuff you've been doing for months (lol@ new content, sez SoA) tends to kill the "fun" for most people.

Unless of course, this is all a subtle strategy to get people to follow your sig? "Don't do the work, we'll do it for you while you sit and have FUN!"

Yeah. >_>

*And yes, the five minutes on this post is probably still a better way to spend time than doing White Beast spam. I'm waiting for a friend to finish downloading CoH.

DreXxiN
Nov 28, 2008, 05:53 PM
So just because you don't like Serafi's doesn't mean the majority might be there for it?

And why do you call me elitist? Would I help others if I only cared about my progress at this game? Only elitists facepalm, what? ROFL.

My point is that if people are going to White Beast for other reasons than people BEING there, then it's to progress their character. Having XP/MP Is nothing as far as making your character better if you don't have the gear and PA's to go with it, so please, before you become an ignorant twat bleeding from your anus and nitpicking at every little comment I have like a little school-girl crying for recognition, try to actually understand WHY I post stuff. Get off your god damn Man period and stop being so hostile, I meant NO harm in my post, I was simply being honest.

And unless you really need a /resist unit, a high % Shinowa Line is definitely better..the DFP stat means almost nothing compared to the %'s..Try putting on a De Colte Line 50%..you'll still take almost no damage.

Also PA's can be leveled at a mission that is harder perhaps? Therefore you get more hits in? *Shrugs*

So yeah, personal apologies for my "counter-attack" but it's just extraordinarily angering when you pull out the "elitist-stick" (aka I suck at the game so anyone that competes at it is DUMB because WOW ITS A CASUAL RPG CUZ I SAY IT IS STOP TRYING) just because you feel I pulled shit out of my ass, when in fact, it's you, sir. Good day

(Seriously, the repetition of these "Elitist" posts make me go crazier than the repetition of "wen r master classes coming" threads)

Xaeris
Nov 28, 2008, 06:08 PM
This is just a stab in the dark, but I imagine he calls you elitist because you deem a large population incompetent for not doing what you want them to do, i.e, Egg Thieves. Incompetent to the point where you assume their mental facilities to be lacking.

Which, honestly, is quite absurd. Anyone who thinks people do White Beast primarily because everything else is too much harder is doing a superb job of fooling themselves and constructing an artificial pedestal to hold their egos above the crowd. Like magus says, people do whatever is most efficient for the time they invest. MAG was harder than White Beast. Yet people spammed the crap out of MAG while it was available. Why? Because its rewards far outstripped WB's.

DreXxiN
Nov 28, 2008, 06:12 PM
Perhaps you take the internet far too seriously, sir, being that I have more cards than the actual existant population anymore, I know a good majority of the people that chill at White Beast. Therefore, I was joking about the incompetence.

It's fairly true that everyone complains about the game being too easy, but then doesn't do anything that requires the least bit of tactics anyway.

Also, here we go again with basically people accusing me of being elitist, then justifying White Beast because it GETS YOU THE MOST BENEFITS (which is false anyway, but alas, is still the reason why people continue to defend it) While I'm posting against the mission, and to do things more entertaining.

Something's not right here..

dexter_safe
Nov 28, 2008, 06:14 PM
whats the most used word on PSU
wait I KNOW it's the word NOOB or NUB
the reason it's being is......
wait i know....... no i don't really have a clue at all

DreXxiN
Nov 28, 2008, 06:17 PM
Lol XD. I don't hear much of that word on the PC side.

All I'm saying is it's getting pretty rediculous, all of these elitist claims from people contradicting themselves by verifying their precious White Beast to be a good mission to spam because of the benefits. What's up with telling me I'm an elitist when claiming that people only do a mission because it has THE BEST STUFF?

Like honestly? I'm just confused lol, I'm trying to tell people they can gain neat things while actually having fun missions and a variety OF them.

EDIT: Wow, that's pretty neat. My two elitist words lined up.

EDIT2: Also another comment I'd like to reference to MAGUS...Yes, people can totally stand White Beast..most people too..hence why ever since it's been spammed the population has been cut into 1/8. Clever evidence, sir.

Xaeris
Nov 28, 2008, 06:21 PM
I take the Internet far too seriously? Hmm, perhaps. But it's some what ironic you would say that, seeing as you just said it's "extraordinarily angering" to be labeled an elitist.

There's nothing in this game that requires the least bit of tactics. And no, I don't count, "you go that way, I'll go this way" to be tactics.

DreXxiN
Nov 28, 2008, 06:23 PM
Well, I admit in that perspective I do take the internet too seriously XD. As I said, the "elitist" thing to me would be the same as the "master class/dengeki" craze of the people who refuse to use the Search Function here. It's just ignorant and...plain annoying o_O. And while I have a decent threshold at handling that stuff, after many many times, it gets frustrating.

Cracka_J
Nov 28, 2008, 07:01 PM
Damn, there's some wall-o-text battles going on in here.

I'll try to be simple. Yes, there are other missions in the game, but none of which offer a "pick up and play" casual aspect of WB. People know they can usually find a party there due to high mp/exp/drop rates, so they will continue to do it.

PSU HAS NEVER broken from that trend. Since the game was launched, the most popular mission, and the one you could find a guaranteed party at has always been the one with the highest benefits. Plains Overlord, Miz. Defense, Holy Grounds, Dual Sent., Bruce's, Sealab, Crimson Beast, and White Beast (and I'm sure I'm missing a few) have all been major hotspots in the course of PSU's history.

Since the game doesn't have a quick matchmaking finder, people are forced into hotspot situations. All of you guys are arguing over semantics, when you should all be discussing a game engine flaw. I don't think the players are responsible for the way things have always been, and have ended up. People will always do what is easiest in any situation, especially if they are only playing a game casually.

dexter_safe
Nov 28, 2008, 07:08 PM
mite aswell ask
on the 360 version of psu get fights every day about dumb things like
(my pallete is better than urs or u suck at this games) things like that.
does this happens as much on the ps2/pc version?? ya this is prolly
a dumb ass question =P

Dragwind
Nov 28, 2008, 07:29 PM
mite aswell ask
a dumb ass question =P

You will find these arguments everywhere you go. Sometimes it's foolish, sometimes it's for good science!

MegaZoneXE
Nov 28, 2008, 08:11 PM
There's no point in hunting PF at WB. Not only can u obtain PF on any other mission on Neudiaz than WB, But you can hunt for PF (or any other rare mission) on any planet, as long as that planet has a rare mission released (atm Neudiaz and Moatoob). All you have to do once you found a rare mission, just move to another planet and you'll have that planet's rare mission (Foi <--> PF).....

...And what's the deal with WB SPEED RUNz :/ i find that that useless if not pointless.....D:

That's not coolness D:

dexter_safe
Nov 28, 2008, 09:22 PM
the point with speed WB runs is just to get to the boss boxes,i'm just a simple acrotecher tho so all i can do is support o.0(i don't care for these speed runs tho)

Alecc
Nov 28, 2008, 10:12 PM
yes, there are some nice expensive drops at wb s2, so speed runs is better for that.
and the simple reason why people are still there is beacuse thatīs the ONLY place where there are still a few people left. IF you want a random party, thereīs no chance at all in finding people anywhere else in the game (thatīs due the low population -- lack of new content). some people donīt enjoy playing solo as much as big parties.

xTwiztidClown
Nov 28, 2008, 11:16 PM
I think people do them just because theres lots of people there.

Furches
Nov 29, 2008, 07:51 AM
Because the remaining player base of PSU are all retarded and lack the mental capacity to do any other mission.

Shinko
Nov 29, 2008, 09:24 AM
mite aswell ask
a dumb ass question =P

Let me just say this. I came from the pc/ps2 side so can't know tell me i'm wrong about this. Yes people do agrue about stuff like that on the pc/ps2 side... and did it often but know the reason why its not as bad as it use to be is because there's not enough people and ppl dont want to get into to it with the lil bit of ppl thats there. its going t make it hard to find some1 to party with.

hunterseifer
Nov 30, 2008, 05:16 PM
Well if anyone wants to do a mish besides WB, give me a hollar :wink: Ive grinded that mish so much, i got everything so I hate it @_@, and far as that mish goes, its easy and has something for every class, you can skip like half the mobs and they always gather together so its easy to kill them at once, so its a easy to solo, but really repetative after the 1st couple runs:(, i'll be there once in awhile to hang with ppl but thats about it (if anyone see's me there and the 1st person to yell "panda's rule" you will win 200,000 meseta, im not joking, thats how rare I goto this place :chuck-ball:) will only give out meseta once a dayo.o

Sexy_Raine
Nov 30, 2008, 08:20 PM
WB is boring. Much rather do DG or Grove. I only do WB if people me mail to help.