PDA

View Full Version : Any confirmation on US release

Typoe
Nov 27, 2008, 07:05 PM
Any confirmation on US release

Well I’ve looked at some game play videos, screen shots and looked at several of the features for this game however… One point that keeps nagging me in the back of my mind is whether or not they will bring this title to the US. Given how badly PSU did I’m wondering if Sonic Team is still going to try selling this title to NA and EU. So far from reading the forums I’ve only seen a release date which appears to be a hoax given the original poster never posted any proof.

I really hope they do release this title here since it looks like it could be a very good title and has perked my interest once again in the PS series. Has there been any announcement as to whether or not this title will be released in the US? If so could someone post the link.

Thanks

Seority
Nov 27, 2008, 08:24 PM
If you can't find the answer in this forum, then there is none.

the_importer_
Nov 27, 2008, 08:46 PM
Let's see, a Phantasy Star game on the most popular game platform... if SOA doesn't release it in NA, I'll change my name to mud.

Flwl3ssCowboy
Nov 27, 2008, 11:12 PM
Let's see, a Phantasy Star game on the most popular game platform... if SOA doesn't release it in NA, I'll change my name to mud.

If it weren't so likely that the game would be released here, I'd quote this in my sig.

Ah what the hell, my sig is non-existant anyway. In you go.

Shiroyu
Nov 28, 2008, 12:23 AM
Mud the importer...

Has a nice ring to it.

Risingsun
Nov 28, 2008, 01:57 AM
if phantasy star portable is getting released here, i see no reason why PS0 wouldn't either.

Typoe
Nov 28, 2008, 08:51 AM
Thanks for the replies everyone,

I hope all of you are right since I'm really looking forward to this title. The point about the PSP does make sense. So I think you are right that they will release it in the US. Just would like to have someone from Sonic Team actually announce the title coming to the US to put my worries to rest.

Percival
Nov 28, 2008, 10:47 AM
Welcome aboard.

I'm repeating some of the stuff people have already mentioned above, but here is the current state of affairs:

No mention of a North American or European release yet. - As of November 28, 2008
A NA release is VERY likely (Looking at past history).
Japan release date is December 25, 2008.
Previous, Phantasy Star Online games have been release in NA anywhere from 2 to 11 months after Japan.
Average delay for release in NA is a little less than 4 months after Japan.
You can be sure that within minutes of the official announcement, a thread will be posted here.
There is going to be a lot of pant wetting on that day

the_importer_
Nov 28, 2008, 10:48 AM
Mud the importer...

Has a nice ring to it.

Ya, like Puff the Magic Dragon :P

But no, I won't have to change it because I know it will be released in NA. Don't know when, but it will be out sooner or later.

ShadowInferno119
Dec 3, 2008, 10:41 PM
Welcome aboard.

I'm repeating some of the stuff people have already mentioned above, but here is the current state of affairs:

There is going to be a lot of pant wetting on that day

I lol'd at this. I can't wait till this day either. This rpg, keeps looking better and better are more features and gameplay are being announced. Kind of like the developers took time with this game. (something more developers should try)

Looking at other successful games, read reviews of great games/poor games, read gamers post/blogs, see what the consumers want and of course reviews of their past games.

That should be a standard for all dev's. But it seems to be lacking. (Any who thats the end of my mini-rant, on "why-there-are-many-good/avg-games-that-had-potential-of-being-so-much-more")

Shiroyu
Dec 3, 2008, 11:39 PM
I lol'd at this. I can't wait till this day either. This rpg, keeps looking better and better are more features and gameplay are being announced. Kind of like the developers took time with this game. (something more developers should try)

Looking at other successful games, read reviews of great games/poor games, read gamers post/blogs, see what the consumers want and of course reviews of their past games.

That should be a standard for all dev's. But it seems to be lacking. (Any who thats the end of my mini-rant, on "why-there-are-many-good/avg-games-that-had-potential-of-being-so-much-more")

Well, the DS has been out for over 4 years, so it should make sense that games of this caliber are being created. It's just that the amount of companies that are willing to actually do that are rather slim -- Nintendo, Marvelous, Sega, Square-Enix, Capcom, Atlus, and a few others are really the only companies that really "care" about the DS.

*Glares at Ubisoft*

Caesera
Dec 23, 2008, 03:50 PM
I have never been this excited about a game in ever, and I love games. I pre-ordered all the games I wanted in the past and yet I was never as excited as I am with PSZ, maybe because it's a MMO on the handheld, which makes for portability, and that's aweome.
So now I don't have to leave my bed to play an online game.

And when that day comes none of my friends will ever see me, except online. ^~^

Cyber_Maid
Dec 24, 2008, 10:45 AM
I wonder if the japanese version is worth buying, i've played the PSP demo of Phantasy Star Portable and i know how everything works and all ofcourse.
But full understanding of the game + story would be nice. XD

Still, if i can find some cash i'm gonna get em cause i don't have any patience :P

ZarroTsu
Dec 24, 2008, 02:07 PM
Why would you consider knowing everything about an entirely different game for an entirely different system that only simply has the same headline name means you know how everything would work? O_o

As for the game itself, I'm pretty sure having it in English would be a much more enjoyable experience. Think about it; RPG's are entirely story-focused, and English is (likely) your native language. Shouldn't it come as your first thought to just sit tight and wait?

And assuming the recent Front-page art contest isn't run by a user or admin of the site with no contact to Sega's inventory (I'm sure it is, but I'm gullible enough to believe it's an official contest. Or something.), note that it was plainly stated that the first place reward is a copy of Phantasy Star Zero, on JP release date, and it can be in Japanese or English.

That line, in itself, is suddenly a ripple of hidden information. If the contest winner is to receive an English version of the game on JP release date, it is only presumed that English is already made.

ChronoTrigga
Dec 24, 2008, 04:52 PM
Why would you consider knowing everything about an entirely different game for an entirely different system that only simply has the same headline name means you know how everything would work? O_o

As for the game itself, I'm pretty sure having it in English would be a much more enjoyable experience. Think about it; RPG's are entirely story-focused, and English is (likely) your native language. Shouldn't it come as your first thought to just sit tight and wait?

And assuming the recent Front-page art contest isn't run by a user or admin of the site with no contact to Sega's inventory (I'm sure it is, but I'm gullible enough to believe it's an official contest. Or something.), note that it was plainly stated that the first place reward is a copy of Phantasy Star Zero, on JP release date, and it can be in Japanese or English.

That line, in itself, is suddenly a ripple of hidden information. If the contest winner is to receive an English version of the game on JP release date, it is only presumed that English is already made.

I prefer subtitled anime over 99% of English anime. That 1% of anime in english dubs I like is Dragonball, Dragonball Z, and Tenchi Muyo. :)

Akaimizu
Dec 24, 2008, 05:21 PM
Don't forget El Hazard, also from Pioneer. It's english quality is like Tenchi Muyo, but better. El Hazard pretty much nailed the English voices.....especially in the TV series, the Wanderers.

DeathMachine
Dec 24, 2008, 05:21 PM
If you read the thread, the english is based on a waiting period. After April, they just send you the Japanese version if eng isn't out.

Ranmaru
Dec 25, 2008, 04:18 PM
This seems very interesting. A PS game on a Nintendo Portable, thats what I see in my mind when I think of PS0. I think PSO, and then DS. :3 Luckily, I hope by the time it comes out, I'll have money for a DS and PS0, I can wait XD. I'll be playing PSO while I'm at it. :D (and looking for a job, I have plenty of time)

Cyber_Maid
Dec 27, 2008, 03:25 AM

Uuuhhh, i know how to kill stuff and use items O_O don't you?
It could be in swahili and you'd still be able to play it, understanding it is a other thing XD

Well, i was planning on waiting for the english version.
But i'm so excited! O_O O_O O_O O_O AAAAAHHH!!!!!

So, just for collector and preview reasons i'm considering to buy the japanese version XD

Nowhere
Dec 27, 2008, 04:56 AM

One of the things I especially like about the PS online series is that it's not really an RPG. There is a story, but for the most part you don't participate. The more missions you play the more story you receive... and the whole thing amounts to an atmosphere. PSZ is more story driven, though. It's an interesting change which I don't mind, but I do prefer it the other way.

All that said, the point is that RPG or not, PSZ is built on a healthy set of gameplay elements and progression that is story-independent. Most of the fun can be had without really understanding the story (though there are a few side quests I'm dying to learn the details of.)

darkante
Dec 27, 2008, 05:13 AM

It´s true, but there is an exception with these newer Phantasy Star titles.
They are aiming more on gameplay then the actual story.

So i see this game between the fingers and tries to enjoy the game for the great
gameplay i love so much.

ZarroTsu
Dec 27, 2008, 06:38 AM
Okay, here's a better theory:

When it's out in English, it's possible you might not be able to interconnect with the Japanese versions of the game. (possible, but suspected that world-wide will mean world-wide. But who can say.)

Additionally, when it's out in english, it means more new players.
Which means more people to play with.
Which means better chances of getting to play with people.
Which means more friends.
Which means more screwing people out of rares you don't have.

^^;

Caesera
Dec 27, 2008, 08:59 AM
Okay, here's a better theory:

When it's out in English, it's possible you might not be able to interconnect with the Japanese versions of the game. (possible, but suspected that world-wide will mean world-wide. But who can say.)

Additionally, when it's out in english, it means more new players.
Which means more people to play with.
Which means better chances of getting to play with people.
Which means more friends.
Which means more screwing people out of rares you don't have.

^^;

I give you 2 thumbs up

d^~^d

JericHikari
Dec 27, 2008, 09:54 AM
Actually it seems the screwing out of rares has been fixed/mitigated.

Akaimizu
Dec 27, 2008, 11:31 AM
Heh. They mitigated that with the PSP version. I guess it would be similar here.