PDA

View Full Version : PC/PS2 What is the toughest weapon acquire?

Noblewine
Nov 29, 2008, 12:13 AM
When your online what weapon would you say is the toughest to acquire.

The one I usually have the most trouble acquiring is a machine gun.

--Edit--

Sorry about the title. I just realized I typed it wrong.

Yunfa
Nov 29, 2008, 12:18 AM
"Acquiring" as in, hunting for one?

If thats the case i'd have to say the Gaozoron [b], in my years of PSU i have yet to see one drop.

Kylie
Nov 29, 2008, 12:19 AM
I'm not sure what you mean, but my gut is telling me to respond with "agito repca." It won't be hard to get for too much longer (if you don't mind low percents), but it's pretty elusive right now. One of my friends ran True Darkness like 400+ times for it, and another spent a really long time trying to find the board and the materials for it.

gundam0079
Nov 29, 2008, 12:27 AM
Agito repca and also the GAO board only seen one drop when we had he 1up cup event. Other than that the hardest a rank might be the deghAna cannon. Oh well that's why peope hunt to obtain the rates weapons in the game

darkante
Nov 29, 2008, 02:48 AM
IMO, Gaozoran Rod, Agito Repca and Degahna Cannon.

Never seen them drop.

Genoa
Nov 29, 2008, 03:25 AM
The? As in THE hardest, not followed by others?
No clue...
However, I find that Milla hides itself all to well =/

Retniwreven
Nov 29, 2008, 03:44 AM
Love Inferno =D

stukasa
Nov 29, 2008, 03:49 AM
I have to agree with darkante, I've never seen a Gaozoran Rod, Agito Repca or Degahna Cannon. I've heard Milla is a hard drop but it hasn't been around long enough for me to say for sure.

Oh, and Retniwreven reminded me about Love Inferno. That's even harder since you can only get it a couple weeks of the year.

The unit I've had the most trouble with is Har / Smart. I don't know how many Dancing Birds runs I've done but I've never seen one. *sighs*

The one I usually have the most trouble acquiring is a machine gun.
Machine gun? Really? Actually, I found all my mechguns during events. I have a bunch of Muzzlefevers and Bulletdances in my storage now (but sadly I can't use them since I switched to Fortegunner ^^; ).

xEndrance
Nov 29, 2008, 04:43 AM
I think the toughest weapon would probably have to be....

Me =3

Rayokarna
Nov 29, 2008, 04:59 AM
Amore Tip
Milla
Love Inferno (When it was out)

Degahna Cannon*, Gao Rod and Agito Repca are never that bad since most serious people that can play that class has loads of the same weapon.

*People just don't hunt this weapon enough. FI S2 is by far the easiest way to farm this. 2 in 3 runs for me.

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Nov 29, 2008, 06:44 AM
Degahna Cannon*
*People just don't hunt this weapon enough. FI S2 is by far the easiest way to farm this. 2 in 3 runs for me.

He's right. A friend of mine started hunting these recently, and he already found 2, in like.. 2 days. XP

But yeah, I'm gonna agree with everyone else here and go with Repca/Gao Rod
Does Rattlesnake count? O:

Furches
Nov 29, 2008, 07:48 AM
i will agree about the degahna cannon, i have run GoF over 400+ times and only seen 3-4 boards drop, and i have on seen the material drop once out of all of those runs. out of the boards that i have found only one has actually made. But i think that the hardest weapon to find would have to be the Gao rod.

Golto
Nov 29, 2008, 10:54 AM
Milla and Love Inferno the first time around on pc/ps2 side. Both are drops from rare monsters. Love Inferno will be a lot easier to get the 2nd time around thanks to PF if pc/ps2 gets the full duration.

desturel
Nov 29, 2008, 11:04 AM
Amore Tip
Milla
Love Inferno (When it was out)

Degahna Cannon*, Gao Rod and Agito Repca are never that bad since most serious people that can play that class has loads of the same weapon.

I agree except I would add one more.
Amore Tip
Amore Tippies
Milla

You can't hunt Love Inferno. I won't count a weapon that no longer drops.

Degahna Cannon is quite easy if you GTFO of White Beast. It doesn't drop in GoF S2 anymore, but I have 6 of them from Forest Infiltration and GoF S while looking for Rikau-senba.

Gaozoran rod drops from a regular creature. Go to Seed Awakening or Dark Satellite if you want one. True Darkness only has three Gao so that's why you lazy bastards aren't finding them. ;)

Agito Repca is a bit harder obviously, but it's no harder to hunt than Psycho Wand. Last I checked their were tons of both weapons available. I have personally had 6 psycho wands and 2 Agito Repca drop to me while leveling various Techs. Not even doing hunts. That would be like saying Crea Doubles are hard to hunt because no one is willing to do Unsafe Passage S2. It's not that it's hard, it's that no one does the missions.

At least with Milla, Tippies and Tip there are no rare missions with boosted drop rates to hunt them on (yet) and all three drop from a rare creature that doesn't show up at the end of every run.

darkante
Nov 29, 2008, 01:06 PM
Degahna Cannon is quite easy if you GTFO of White Beast. It doesn't drop in GoF S2 anymore, but I have 6 of them from Forest Infiltration and GoF S while looking for Rikau-senba.

Gaozoran rod drops from a regular creature. Go to Seed Awakening or Dark Satellite if you want one. True Darkness only has three Gao so that's why you lazy bastards aren't finding them. ;)

Agito Repca is a bit harder obviously, but it's no harder to hunt than Psycho Wand. Last I checked their were tons of both weapons available. I have personally had 6 psycho wands and 2 Agito Repca drop to me while leveling various Techs. Not even doing hunts. That would be like saying Crea Doubles are hard to hunt because no one is willing to do Unsafe Passage S2. It's not that it's hard, it's that no one does the missions.

Well, i have done tons upon tons of FI S2 runs for Degahna Cannon.

TONS OF HIVE RUNS on Seed Awakening S2 for Agito repca/Gaozoran Rod.

No dice.
Itīs all about luck, and not everyone is lucky as some.

Genoa
Nov 29, 2008, 02:17 PM
Almost two weeks of hunting in Grove of Fanatics S got me my [B] Degahna Cannon. It is pretty hard to get though =/
Love Inferno is quite hard (damn seasonal items)
Never seen a Gaozoran Rod drop (however, I've never hunted it either)
Never seen an Agito Repca drop (never hunted that either)
I saw 2 people get Amore Tippies and I got Amore Tippies myself (during event however...)
Amore Tip? I haven't seen at all (never hunted)

DarthLasek
Nov 29, 2008, 03:41 PM
i get degahna boards all the time now....but I have done well over 1500 HIVES runs and have seen 0 gao boards....1 repca.....and 4 carriguirucs...........those 3 are the toughest imo WHEN NOT HUNTING THEM IN EVENTS.

DAMASCUS
Nov 29, 2008, 04:07 PM
When I get to Grenade Launcher levelling I will definitely annihilate some Gaozoran at Seed Awakening. For now I need to get on that Deghanna...

Rare enemy items are the major pain since its next to impossible at times to get the rare spawns and then they don't necessarily drop anything good...sigh

desturel
Nov 29, 2008, 05:31 PM

Recently or before the drop rate increase? I got two today doing FI runs for an extra Sleep Resist for a friend. The sleep resist took me 15 runs. That's one Degahna Cannon about ever 7 runs. The runs took about 10 mintues each so that's about one Degahna cannon each 75 minutes of play. Also got a Sori/Mind, two [b] Roksari, and a [b] Mayrod. Maybe I'm just lucky with Degahna Cannon.

darkante
Nov 29, 2008, 05:46 PM
Recently or before the drop rate increase? I got two today doing FI runs for an extra Sleep Resist for a friend. The sleep resist took me 15 runs. That's one Degahna Cannon about ever 7 runs. The runs took about 10 mintues each so that's about one Degahna cannon each 75 minutes of play. Also got a Sori/Mind, two [b] Roksari, and a [b] Mayrod. Maybe I'm just lucky with Degahna Cannon.

After the drop rate increase, surprisengly.

unicorn
Nov 29, 2008, 06:36 PM
1. Gaozoran Rod
2. Amure Tip
3. Love Inferno (will probably change this year though)
4. Deghana Cannon
5. Zanshu-misaki

Tetsaru
Nov 29, 2008, 06:41 PM
Hardest weapons to acquire?

Guns that are above 11*. I'm STILL waiting on Killer Elite, Edil Fusil, Shigga Pakuda, Gur Hanab, Guld & Milla, Adahna Degahna Cannon... *goes on and on*

ChronoTrigga
Nov 29, 2008, 07:15 PM
Hardest non-weapon to acquire.

Blackheart unit. If it wasn't for the soon arrival of Lightning Carnival we would never see more than 1 on our servers at a time. lol

xTwiztidClown
Nov 29, 2008, 08:07 PM
it depends what you mean by tough. some weapons are on tough missions but some are just really rare.

zxeros
Nov 29, 2008, 08:33 PM
Hmmm I have to say both of the red units, Love Inferno, and the Milla is the hardest items to acquire. The class of items that never drop for me is rare units =.=

Sexy_Raine
Nov 29, 2008, 08:37 PM
Love inferno, by far.

Yusaku_Kudou
Nov 29, 2008, 08:44 PM
I think everybody is forgetting the Milla.

Genoa
Nov 29, 2008, 11:40 PM
I think everybody is forgetting the Milla.

I said Milla D:

autumn
Nov 30, 2008, 12:25 AM
Been having trouble getting mugunruk [b]s. Need 2 people to farm for them and kogg nads are super stingy T.T

DarthLasek
Nov 30, 2008, 01:56 AM

TONS OF HIVE RUNS on Seed Awakening S2 for Agito repca/Gaozoran Rod.

No dice.
Itīs all about luck, and not everyone is lucky as some.

They are talking about the [B] Gaozroan rod.....not the material here people

DarthLasek
Nov 30, 2008, 01:57 AM
I agree except I would add one more.
Amore Tip
Amore Tippies
Milla

You can't hunt Love Inferno. I won't count a weapon that no longer drops.

At least with Milla, Tippies and Tip there are no rare missions with boosted drop rates to hunt them on (yet) and all three drop from a rare creature that doesn't show up at the end of every run.

They are talking about [B] Gaozoran Rod...not the material

Chuck_Norris
Nov 30, 2008, 02:05 AM
They are talking about [b] Gaozoran Rod...not the material

What makes you think these guys are talking about the material?

DreXxiN
Nov 30, 2008, 02:07 AM
I'm going to have to go with Milla..since Love Inferno is out of the question lol.

Agito repca is pretty easy to hunt actually, you just go to someones room and pay the robot a fee of 50 mil instead of killing it, and bam, guaranteed drop!

darkante
Nov 30, 2008, 02:09 AM

Lol, when i answered. I were talking about the [B] of Gaozoran Rod.
I have the material already.

Arika
Nov 30, 2008, 02:28 AM
I m sure there are more love inferno out there than mila, and the love inferno is coming back again at March. (just 3 more months away)
Thus, Mila..

unless you allow me to say 50% Agito repca 10/10.

ashley50
Nov 30, 2008, 03:13 AM
hmmm March lol?

I wonder how many of us will still playing? XD...

desturel
Nov 30, 2008, 03:14 AM

I know what they are talking about. I have Gaozoran boards from Seed Awakening. Do the first block of the map with the four keys that has Gaozoran. Abandon and start over again at the first block. Sure you spend a bit of time hunting that specific map, but that's your best bet for a large number of Gao in the smallest area.

If you are playing a fortegunner, bring Killer Shot for the non-shield buffed ones and Rising or Burning Shot for the non buffed ones.

It's a PITA to fight them as a techer so I wouldn't suggest it, but if you must Noszonde/Nosdiga.

Fortefighter has Assault Crush.

If I wanted the material, I'd probably do MAG C'. I tend to get Carriguine Blades and Gao materials from there.

desturel
Nov 30, 2008, 03:15 AM
I m sure there are more love inferno out there than mila, and the love inferno is coming back again at March. (just 3 more months away)

Yay Phantom Fissure! :)

DarthLasek
Nov 30, 2008, 04:31 AM
What makes you think these guys are talking about the material?

read the previous statements...the guy is saying how easy it is to find the gao rod material bc it drops on any rank

Kumlekar
Nov 30, 2008, 03:37 PM
He never said any rank in the posts you quoted, he said its a creature drop (which it is). Of the listed weapons, I'm only found the gao rod (During MAG), but I haven't really farmed for any. I'm a bit suprised to be hearing that Gao is harder to find than Psycho. Of course the only weapon on this list that I want is milla so eh.

Anyone have any idea of the drop rate on milla? (as in per jiggo booma killed, the rare spawn is well... rare, but its not too hard to get at sakura).

Pikel_Reaper
Nov 30, 2008, 11:57 PM
Iiiiiiii Think the toughest weapon to get would have to be......AGITO REPCA!!!!! Since its, you know, the best wep in the game :D

chicken105
Dec 1, 2008, 12:02 AM
You guys even say the Mokas Frying Set?!
I say the mokas frying set is the worse than love inferno and milla. Therefore I say the Mokas frying set is the hardest to get. At least at the time being. :/ I only heard of 2 on the 360 servers. The 2nd one I just heard of today o_O.

unicorn
Dec 1, 2008, 12:36 AM
Thus, Mila..

We got MAG 1 (last event) in April, a month after March.

In 3 months it'll be almost a whole year that we havent had an event. >_>;

desturel
Dec 1, 2008, 12:48 AM
You guys even say the Mokas Frying Set?!
I say the mokas frying set is the worse than love inferno and milla. Therefore I say the Mokas frying set is the hardest to get. At least at the time being. :/ I only heard of 2 on the 360 servers. The 2nd one I just heard of today o_O.

Well, I do have about 40 meteoric metal left over. I can go Spicia hunting to see if I can get a decent batch together for a Setsuko's Skilet or two and try my luck at a Moca's set. But I need to finish my Milla hunts first.

I guess the hardest part about Moca's Set is getting the materials together for Setsuko's skillet.

Booma Claw = Easy.
Meteoric Metal = somewhat easy (Dark Satellite or Story Mission episode 3 chapter 5 part 1 have been the best places for me to find it)
Spicia = more difficult (Valley of Carnage and Mine Defense have been my best runs to find it, but I have found it in all of the v1 moatoob runs. I guess I should check Rogue's Shortcut as well)

Deljaban Blade = Easy (MAG B' or Unsafe Passage S)
Note Seed = Easy (White Beast C or Dark God C)

I think the reason why you don't see more of them is because the materials required to get the set are spread all over the place. In the case of Spicia and Meteoric Metal, most people don't even do the runs that drop the materials.

Desert Goliath and Desert Terror may drop Spicia, but not at the same amount as VoC and MD. Plus at Desert Terror you get the Burning Spicia drops which just winds up pissing you off (well, me at least).

Tunnel Recapture also drops spicia, but only generally in one of three spots which puts it at about the same level as Desert Goliath. The only reason to run Tunnel Recapture over Desert Goliath is if you are leveling skills (grenades, jabroga, Renga, etc) or if you want to hunt the black heart unit while you look for the spicia.

Meteoric Metal hunts can at least be blended in with Gaozoran Rod hunts and Agito Repca hunts in Dark Satellite so it's not quite as tiring to run multiple missions looking for it. (I personally haven't had much luck hunting for MM in Seed Awakening).

So yeah, after I find a Milla, I'll switch up to looking for some Spicia to see how long it takes me to stock pile enough for at least 5 attempts at a Setsuko's.

Shining Aquas
Dec 1, 2008, 02:16 AM
I personally think Psycho Wand Board.

And that's simply because I've run Sleeping Warriors S2 about 500+ times and still haven't even gotten a Relic Edge even :(

Alnet
Dec 1, 2008, 03:24 AM
Hardest straight drop? Milla.

Hardest weapon [B] drop? Gaozoran Rod.

Hardest [B] to properly synth? Agito Repca or Granahodorac.

RedRaz0r
Dec 2, 2008, 12:34 PM
Since it says to "acquire" and not a drop, it would be Moca's. Hands down.

DarthLasek
Dec 2, 2008, 01:47 PM
I personally think Psycho Wand Board.

And that's simply because I've run Sleeping Warriors S2 about 500+ times and still haven't even gotten a Relic Edge even :(

That is just called getting the Segac Shaft.....Because I know people who find 8 Psycho wand boards monthly........but....like you with area drops.....I have done over 1000+ HIVES with no recpa

DreXxiN
Dec 2, 2008, 02:28 PM
LOOL. I love when people do less than 700 runs and call something "uber rare" XD. Oh man, what PSU has degraded too.

I did like 800 for my Cati back in the day just from the dragon..I remember poor gryphonmage was FT the whole time and got the now easy Har / Quick after 700+ Solo onma runs..

Ahh those were the days

NOTE: MY runs were still excessive...that was just straight up bad luck...Seems like my buddy Gryphon had similar luck to other techers though xD

desturel
Dec 2, 2008, 03:11 PM
LOOL. I love when people do less than 700 runs and call something "uber rare" XD.

That speech sounds quite familiar (http://pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2191788#post2191788).

Anyway, you can't really compare any of the old drop rates to the current drop rates. On the old drop rates, how rare do you think Love Inferno would have been? How hard do you imagine Milla would have been to hunt? Back in the days of the old drop rates, I never saw a Vahra Nail or Gaozoran rod (material) drop let alone the board. Now I have an excess of the items and I rarely go to runs that would drop either material.

I don't think PSU has "fallen", just that people don't know or don't remember. There's no reason for new players to have to know what it was like. Old players who have forgotten do need a bit of prodding every once in a while however. That doesn't mean it has fallen IMO. It just means that things have changed.

In other words, just because you walked to school 10 miles barefoot through the snow uphill both ways doesn't mean your kids should have to go to school the same way. ;)

Akaimizu
Dec 2, 2008, 04:38 PM
Drop rates of stuff can be extremely varied. It's soooo luck based, it's not even funny. It's like anything I could mention that is hard to get, would be easy as pie to someone else. Oddly enough, that also happens vice-versa.

I've gotten a lot of weapons with my own efforts, in this game. Some pretty strong high gear, too. I've bought a few, but that's all I really could afford. However, the rest of the stuff was based on runs. Some things I get in little runs at all and in quantities. Whether it's some Cati/Power or some Storm Line, or some Phantom. Yet, to this day, since launch, (Don Adams voice) would you believe, I never actually got enough De Ragan tail drops to actually make a De Ragan head? I got 2 as true legitimate drops, and not a third yet. I got my first De Ragan tail drop, on March 11 of this year.

I mean, I could care less about De Ragan tails, now. Not like I couldn't have a room full of them if I wanted. I simply kept track of that as an example of luck being a pure factor in how long it takes you to get certain things as a drop. It can vary quite a bit.

Still, I don't think difficulty of finding stuff should remain the same. As long as updates kept coming and more items kept arriving; one would expect that the old stuff would slip into categories of items that are more plentiful. Even some of the heavy hitter MMOs work to that category. Stuff hard to get a year ago is so....er.....one year ago to them.

DEM_CIG
Dec 2, 2008, 05:23 PM
Top 5 Hardest Weapons to Look For ( Me):
Agito Repca (Never ever seen a board drop)
Degannaha Cannon ( I enjoy runing GOF but darn just drop once for me plz.)
Carriguine- Rucar (I seen them drop a few times during MAG, and the rest of the time "None".)
Milla ( Grrr do I hate hunting for Milla's)
Goazorn Rod( Never see it once drop, on any of the hive missions, but for me its alot easier to hunt 4 psycho wands.)

Zarode
Dec 2, 2008, 05:41 PM
Anything I want.

I never get anything I want. >;|