PDA

View Full Version : Question about old 360 PSU characters...

GastroDeath
Nov 30, 2008, 08:20 PM
So, I quit this game a while ago. I still have all the save data on my 360, but I cancelled my subscription and such. I had AotI, as well.

Anyway, basically, are my characters still there? Cuz I'm going to start playing on live again with it, tonight actually, and I really hope my stuff is there. If not, then oh well. I'll make fresh characters.

But yeah. Any answers?

EspioKaos
Nov 30, 2008, 08:48 PM
Your character data should still be there. Even though SEGA have the right to delete inactive character data after three months, I've never seen any reports of this happening, and this is with many people coming back after six or more months.

So, welcome back!

Genoa
Nov 30, 2008, 09:24 PM
I have never heard of ANYONE losing their character data. I've seen people come back from the first year, so I'm sure you're fine.
Also, when you cancel your subscription, I'm almost positive the message that pops off when you cancel says something somewhere along the lines that "sorry to see you go, if you ever decide to come back rest assured your character data is still there" or something like that. Not sure if it's STILL like that, but I can't find a reason as to why they would have to delete character data for space, haha.

GastroDeath
Nov 30, 2008, 09:49 PM
Great. Time to play it up.

And if anyone is interested, my gamertag is Deprimenthia. Considering I won't know anyone at all there anymore, might as well start off with some people to play with, eh?

Jainsea
Nov 30, 2008, 09:52 PM
oh this answers my question then as well again ^^
if anyone wants to help me out with this one Y_Y
I was on PS2 and I'm going to come back on the PC. How hard is it to transfer my data over?
I have no idea what it involves :\ any info would be just wonderful :D

Libram
Nov 30, 2008, 09:54 PM
PC and PS2 are connected, so there's absolutely no issue with data transfer.

Jainsea
Nov 30, 2008, 09:56 PM
PC and PS2 are connected, so there's absolutely no issue with data transfer.

oh really? wow thx a :D i can stop worrying now ^^;;;;;;

Genoa
Dec 1, 2008, 03:11 AM
Yeah I started on PS2 when PSU was released, even got AotI for PS2 <_< then I finally made myself a nice PC and got the PC version. You simply put your sign-in information that you used on PS2 (your name and password) and you're good to go. Of course I highly recommend using a controller for PC. It's not too difficult to set up. I have a corded Xbox360 controller. It simply takes a little modifying the triggers-to-buttons (changing the trigger axis to work as buttons instead) then you can practically use the 360 controller's buttons exactly like you would the PS2 Controller.
I highly recommend getting a wired-controller if you do. I mean seriously, if you're on the PC, what's the need for wireless? Unless you're hooked up to a huge screen across the living room, you really don't need to waste batteries and get all complicated with the PC drivers for the controller.
Here's a little guide to set your triggers as buttons if you do use the wired 360 controller:
http://forum.mininova.org/lofiversion/index.php?t234990208.html

Jainsea
Dec 1, 2008, 01:07 PM
oh thank you Special K :) I saw a nice logic tech controller that looks just like a PS2 controller at work, if its sold out I'll look into that 360 one:) thx for the info!

Genoa
Dec 1, 2008, 02:07 PM
My friend has one of those, they work quite nice. They look something along the lines of this right?
http://images.bestbuy.com/BestBuy_US/images/products/6785/6785099_sa.jpg
It would probably help you stay in that PS2 feeling more than the 360 controller would.

Dragwind
Dec 1, 2008, 03:34 PM
They also sell adapters that let you use PS1 or PS2 controllers on your PC via USB adapter. They sell them at Radioshack, and other various online retailers (usually import sites).