PDA

View Full Version : Epic what are Flash games composed of??? easy to make?

Saner
Dec 1, 2008, 01:37 AM
you know there are those flash videos at newgrounds, but there are also flash type
games in the form of just clicking some button on the screen, and stuff.

I wonder if that may be a simple method in presenting something kinda like an RPG,
but of course not as hands-on, but still somewhere between an anime episode and
an interactive adventure.

I dunno but anyone have experience in that field making flash games or whatever? isn't
it just kinda like assigning a sequence of artwork and messages that are displayed and
triggered based on the buttons you set or whatever, giving a sense that not just a flash video,
and not really a hands-on game?

then again, I think there are flash games where even arrow keys can be used.
oh yeah, wasn't Alien Hominid born from Flash gaming? hmmm that does feel like an
actual videogame. very interactive.

but ya, just wondering. :p

Nitro Vordex
Dec 1, 2008, 01:53 AM
Didn't you make a thread like this quite a while back?

There is no easy button in making flash.

SpikeOtacon
Dec 1, 2008, 02:00 AM
(click me) (http://www.adobe.com/products/flash/)

Knock yourself, and your wallet, out.

Saner
Dec 1, 2008, 02:52 AM
oh well. maybe inventing a card game with original art might be easy? ^^;

well there's also rpg maker but that's like, I mean FF6-quality graphics is good, but I was imagining the dialogue scene with like large artwork similiar to Valkyrie Profile and maybe Persona 2: EP. but I guess even that is hard to program even with a rpg maker thingy.
and then I would need a scanner........and photoshop......and like, lots of time.......
oh yeah and a soundtrack........hmmm.

maybe making an anime series is easier. but that isn't much fun, ppl just watch the episode and want more. non-interactive stuff has virtually no replay value. :p

Nitro Vordex
Dec 1, 2008, 03:10 AM
Don't bother with either if you don't already know something about it. If you didn't learn it during high school(and I doubt you're even close to high school anymore) then you won't have much of a chance.

Anime is worse, because you need animators, skilled drawers, plot, storyline, characters, etc...

Do something easy and worth it.

Like a plumber.

Larian
Dec 1, 2008, 05:51 AM
Well, if your good with vector art, go take an ActionScript 3.0 class...Its actually not too hard, but I suck at art!

SabZero
Dec 1, 2008, 06:00 AM
Programming is the least part of software design/enineering.

You shouldn't even consider which programming language you're going to use, it's only going to get in the way of the design. Off a good thorough design, any code monkey can make a program.

TalHex
Dec 1, 2008, 10:29 AM
if you don't know anything about writing scripts then don't bother with flash games