PDA

View Full Version : Why Do Maintenance If There Is no Update???

DownTown
Dec 1, 2008, 02:03 PM
So what kind of maintenance are they doing,the kind that make this game SUCK or is there a hidden update at the end of this rainbow. P.S. UPDATE THE GAME!!!!!!

Nuclearranger
Dec 1, 2008, 02:46 PM
Thank you for recently joining the forums....

We all know there is not much for updates so we don't really need more threads about it....

As for what there doing during maintenance. I am pretty convinced they do a server wide backup of data and that can take a few hours so w/e.

They are not updating the game to "suck" they are just not updating it lol

As for updates at the end of a rainbow I really doubt it.
Maybe a few more but who know.

SStrikerR
Dec 1, 2008, 04:18 PM
Ha, another PSU rant about not getting content. If I had a nickel for every one I saw....damn...
Anyway, they just do this to make sure the server will actually keep on running, but at least they aren't lying and saying there will "possibly" be an update like they did before.

Kylie
Dec 1, 2008, 05:59 PM
They don't just add content during maintenance. They test things, make fixes, etc. Not to say that that excuses the recent lack of updates, but they do do stuff during maintenance. They don't do maintenance when there's really nothing to do.

Kent
Dec 1, 2008, 11:41 PM
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/3000/maintdefinitionsb6.jpg

Gunslinger-08
Dec 1, 2008, 11:43 PM
The way I see it, them doing maintenance on the servers means they're planning to keep them around for a while. That's good, right?

Alnet
Dec 2, 2008, 12:37 AM
As for what there doing during maintenance. I am pretty convinced they do a server wide backup of data and that can take a few hours so w/e.
I'm gonna go with this. Even with the record low number of people playing at the moment, the last thing anyone wants is for their current progress to get FUBAR'd by another preventable error.

KodiaX987
Dec 2, 2008, 10:40 AM
Also, database backups.